Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Germany 0-1 Spain

Read 16522 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Germany 0-1 Spain
      Reply #184: Jul 08, 2010 01:24:25 am
      torres scores 2 goals in first 20 minutes for spain.

kuyt and sneijder get holland goals at end of 1st half and start of 2nd.

2-2 at final whistle

extra-time

babel comes on in last 5 minutes of extra time.

Babel goes on individual run on left-side beating ramos,pique,puyol then taking it round casillas, passing ball into the empty net. Holland win 3-2.

:) :)

Babel's still injured.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #185: Jul 08, 2010 01:31:29 am
      Since when is he injured? I'm probably missing the joke here :P
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #186: Jul 08, 2010 04:51:53 am
      Thought Spain played really well tonight and deserved their final place, to many missed chances but that football.

I thought that as well. It struck me that Germany's thrashing of Australia, England and Argentina may be also due to the fact that the three of those nations were poor defensively. Take nothing away from Germany for their lethalness in counter-attacks but IMO, those three nations were just poor and made Germany look a much better side. Germany couldn't do the same with a more organised defence of Serbia, Ghana and Spain.

Spain, though they have not been at top form and whether they deserve to be in the final or not, is a different story but last night, they deservedly beat Germany. The likes of Mesut Ozil and Bastian Schweinsteiger were pretty quiet and Miroslave Klose and Lukas Podolski hardly touched the ball.

Credit to Spain, they kept with their football which they trust - passing and patience and won by a single goal which they deserve.

Mouth-watering encounter against the Dutch now!
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #187: Jul 08, 2010 06:21:17 am
      Full credit to Spain , i guess it proves you don't have to score four goals a game , just one more than your opposition . Sets up a tasty final now with neither team having won footballs ultimate prize . Not sure who i will support , Van Persie or Cesc ???
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #188: Jul 08, 2010 06:39:12 am
      Full credit to Spain , i guess it proves you don't have to score four goals a game , just one more than your opposition . Sets up a tasty final now with neither team having won footballs ultimate prize . Not sure who i will support , Van Persie or Cesc ???
      Maybe whichever one is more likely to be there (Arsenal) come the end of the transfer window.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #189: Jul 08, 2010 06:52:15 am
      If ya believe the rumours Van Persie will be at Madrid and Cesc will be at Barca  :f_doh: :mad:
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #190: Jul 08, 2010 10:14:26 am

I love watching this fella play football - he makes it look so easy.

Agree he was class last night, some of the passes he makes and the disguise he puts on them were superb.

One of my all time favourite players in a red shirt.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #191: Jul 08, 2010 11:45:54 am
      Made up.

Two of my favourite European countries.

Two reds per team.

May a red score the winner.

Agreed and seen as though I've been backing them all tournament;

COME ON SPAIN!!
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #192: Jul 08, 2010 11:59:23 am
      Spain are no doubt a technically gifted side. They also have two strikers of quality, one in great form at the moment.

They also had a fair helping of assistance from the officials along the way to secure a place in the final. In this world cup the officials have had a huge say in who made the final.  Its been awful.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #193: Jul 09, 2010 05:32:07 am
      Pedro: Mistake really worried me
      http://www.espnstar.com/home/news/detail/item464308/Pedro:-Mistake-really-worried-me/

Spain midfielder Pedro has admitted that his moment of selfishness during the 1-0 win over Germany could have cost his side dearly.

The Barcelona man had a wide-open Fernando Torres on his left during the late stages of the game but his refusal to lay the ball to his team-mate and his hesitation on the ball meant he lost procession and a golden opportunity to kill of the game.

Pedro, who was aptly replaced three minutes after the incident, revealed his fear.

"I left the pitch concerned by this move. I'd rather not think what would have happened if we finished the game level. It was a clear chance in which I just trusted in myself a little too much. I made a bad decision to cut back when I should have shot on goal," he said as quoted by Sport.

"To tell the truth, I didn't see Fernando and only had in my mind the goal. If I had, a goal would have happened for sure, but I was a little further behind the ball than I wanted and the defender reacted and pounced on me. It was a big mistake but that means nothing now because the team won."

Looking forward to the final against Netherlands, it was a mix of confidence and cautiousness from the Spaniard.

"For me there are no favourites, but our confidence is sky high. What we are experiencing is massive and above all for us is to win and to be world champions," he concluded.

:roll: :roll:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #194: Jul 10, 2010 01:02:43 am
      Do that in the final and Nando will skin ye alive if it is a chance to kill the game :laugh:

Quick Reply