Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Unusual Uses For Coca Cola

Read 8128 times
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Re: Unusual Uses For Coca Cola
      Reply #23: Jun 27, 2011 05:45:32 am
      I used it to remove acid corrosion and clean the posts and terminals on car batteries. Works awesome. Coke will completely dissolve acid. Pour it on the posts and terminals, let sit for a minute then flush with water. Done.
      I thought sure that this one would be in the OP's list. My dad taught me this when I was a kid.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #24: Jun 27, 2011 05:54:21 am
      Great for cleaning BBQ's.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #25: Jun 27, 2011 09:38:42 am
      I thought you got your wife to clean the BB'Q Ian,that is what I usually do and then I put a drop of coca cola in my rum and think about the REDS.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #26: Jul 04, 2011 10:48:34 pm

I am 36. When i was a kid i had a 3rd generation Diamond Back Viper. My dad bought me the bike when i was a kid and he made me get a couple of paper rounds so if i wanted bits for the bike to max it out i worked for it. Built the bike to full race spec, my dad bought me a new bike and gave my bike to my cousin Gary without my consent. I was devastated and wanted to kill my cousin but i couldn't as my dad would then kill me.

Had some spare cash last year and imported a 3rd gen Viper from Houston, Texas. It was a full race spec ABA Factory bike, completely standard. I am now in the process of rebuilding my old bike i used to have. It's like a feeling of completion for me as it had not been my intention to lose my original bike. I worked my bollocks off to max that bike out and my dad gave it away, even though he bought me a new bike.

I'm about 70% done, will post some pics up when completed. It's surprising how much money these bikes are worth, once complete the bike could fetch £7-800. The plan is to keep the bike for riding local and there is a BMX freestyle park opposite my mam's house where i can relive the days i lost as a kid i suppose. Once my boy is old enough i'll pass it onto him and then onto my youngest son, i won't give it away though.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #27: Jul 04, 2011 11:44:14 pm
      ^^^ Thats a great story Hardcore....well in to you for following your dream...doesn't matter how old you are, you enjoy it for what its worth and your boys will get the benefit out of all your hard work, nice one hun xx
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      Reply #28: Jul 05, 2011 04:06:35 pm
      ^^^ Thats a great story Hardcore....well in to you for following your dream...doesn't matter how old you are, you enjoy it for what its worth and your boys will get the benefit out of all your hard work, nice one hun xx

Thanks Cas. Everyone loves their toys and i'm no exception. I truly think that we never really grow up in this sense. If you truly love something then nothing ever changes that love, nothing at all.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #29: Jul 05, 2011 04:51:03 pm
      I never had anything new when I was a kid, all of my toys and clothes were second hand. I had an old BMX that used to belong to an older lad living next door. I really don't remember much about it except that it had no brakes (you peddled backwards to stop) and it was unbreakable, I loved it. When we moved house, my parents had a bit of extra money and bought me and my sister brand new mountain bikes. You can imagine how excited we were to finally have new bikes and ones with brakes and gears and everything! What a load of sh*t. Doubt I'd go near a mountain on something that couldn't bump up a curb without the chain falling off! I've no idea what happened to the BMX but I'd have it back, even now.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      Reply #30: Jul 06, 2011 06:52:33 pm
      I never had anything new when I was a kid, all of my toys and clothes were second hand. I had an old BMX that used to belong to an older lad living next door. I really don't remember much about it except that it had no brakes (you peddled backwards to stop) and it was unbreakable, I loved it. When we moved house, my parents had a bit of extra money and bought me and my sister brand new mountain bikes. You can imagine how excited we were to finally have new bikes and ones with brakes and gears and everything! What a load of sh*t. Doubt I'd go near a mountain on something that couldn't bump up a curb without the chain falling off! I've no idea what happened to the BMX but I'd have it back, even now.

Great story sex pest Rep. They most certainly don't make things like they used to.

Quick Reply