Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

The Europa League 2010-11: Hands up who's excited?

Read 26336 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Re: The Europa League 2010-11: Hands up who's excited?
      Reply #184: Dec 17, 2010 12:15:38 pm
      Sparta Prague v Liverpool.

They looked a bit pleased with that didn't they.

A bit too F***ing pleased if you ask me.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #185: Dec 17, 2010 12:19:13 pm
      Was hoping for something a bit more exciting...I'll still go. Hopefully Roy won't be there by then.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #186: Dec 17, 2010 12:19:15 pm
      With our away form - we'll sh*t 'em.

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #187: Dec 17, 2010 12:22:03 pm
      Were Sparta in this years Chumps League...??
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #188: Dec 17, 2010 12:23:22 pm
      Were Sparta in this years Chumps League...??

No.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #189: Dec 17, 2010 12:26:40 pm
      2nd in their league.

37 points from 17 games. +18 gd.

More importantly, it's about 60-80p a pint in Prague. Away from the tourist traps.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #190: Dec 17, 2010 12:34:23 pm
      Last 16

Sparta or Liverpool v Lech Poznan or Braga.

2nd leg away.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #191: Dec 17, 2010 12:34:43 pm
      Two draws there we should have no problem with...if Roy's no longer our manager.

Should get to the quarter finals. No excuses.
      Aspi
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts |
      Reply #192: Dec 17, 2010 12:37:12 pm
      Prague will be a decent trip, looking forward to that one!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #193: Dec 17, 2010 12:59:51 pm
      It would be nice to win a trophy, with not too far to travel to the final in Dublin, if indeed Liverpool reach the final.
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #194: Dec 17, 2010 01:13:54 pm
      Good draw. Again would be ace to win a trophy and hopefully we can lift the FA cyp along with the Europa. Dissapointed we never got rangers though.
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #195: Dec 17, 2010 01:53:48 pm
      As a Prague citizen and a massive fan of both teams I'm overjoyed. Can't wait to see Stevie & gang at Letná!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #196: Dec 17, 2010 05:46:20 pm
      People call this a baby trophy of the Champions League but I don't care. I'd take any silverware.

We probably have a good chance to go to at least the last 8 because let's be honest, we should be superior to Sparta Prague (Czech Republic), Lech Poznan (Poland) or Sporting Braga (Portugal) but whether we win those games remains to be seen.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #197: Dec 17, 2010 06:20:23 pm
      People call this a baby trophy of the Champions League but I don't care. I'd take any silverware.

We probably have a good chance to go to at least the last 8 because let's be honest, we should be superior to Sparta Prague (Czech Republic), Lech Poznan (Poland) or Sporting Braga (Portugal) but whether we win those games remains to be seen.

We should be fine against Sparta but Braga will give us a run for it theyre a decent attacking team. That 6-0 at the Emirates was a freak result I think. As far as taking the silverware by all means I would agree SO LONG AS it doesn't ruin our slim chance of grabbing 4th OR give Woy another season!!
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #198: Dec 17, 2010 06:24:53 pm
      Sparta Prague............yehaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :roll:.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #199: Dec 17, 2010 07:55:48 pm
      Wish Patrick Berger was still there :(
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #200: Dec 17, 2010 08:40:30 pm
      This is complete verbal sh*te and more depressingly its on the Official Club Site.
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/roy-satisfied-with-euro-draw

Anyone know or understand what on Earth he is on about European travel?

Roy Hodgson has declared he is (shitting himself) after watching his Liverpool side paired with Sparta Prague in the first knock-out stage of this season's Europa League.

The Reds will travel to the Czech Republic for the first leg on February 17 next year, before the return at Anfield the following week - and the boss admits it could have been a much tougher outcome for his men.

"I think it's a very good draw," he told Liverpoolfc.tv.
      "There are a lot of good teams in the competition, even the unseeded sides.
      Of course a lot of those teams are from the far end of Europe ... in backward places which are difficult to get to and about which you would find it difficult to get a lot of information .    ! !   (Ed: Are they online at Melwood yet?  So if we lose that means they were too far away and we couldnt find anything out about them.)

"Sparta Prague are a team everyone knows well.  : ? ( Of course we do.)

Prague is a very reachable ? city, a very beautiful ? city and the team will be easier to scout and easier to find information about than the
      Rubin Kazan's (http://www.rubin-kazan.ru/en/main/)    ps they are only Russian Champions Mr Hodgson FFS.

and

Kharkiv's (http://ukrainiansoccer.net/upl/onevsall.asp?champID=15&Team=FC%20Kharkiv) ps they are only Ukraines second city.

of the draw. (That means we can only fly on cheap low cost airlines if they are under twenty quid for a seat)

"It is never going to be easy at this stage of the competition because teams in the last 32 have qualified through their groups or have come into it from the Champions League, (We never knew that Roy) but I am perfectly satisfied with the draw we have been given.

"It is important to do well if we are going to go through but I don't think we can say we have been badly treated by the draw."

Should Liverpool overcome their Czech opponents, a last sixteen clash with either
      Lech Poznan of Poland ( http://www.lechpoznan.pl/)  (Beat Man City 3-1)
      or
      Portugal's Sporting Braga (http://www.scbraga.pt/index.php) will lie in wait.

"It will be an even tougher task at that stage," admits the boss. "Both teams have done extremely well.
      I watched Braga in a game on the television (cos it was too far to go and I wanted to be home for my tea) and thought they were unlucky not to clinch one of the two places in their Champions League group.
      And Lech Poznan did well in their group to qualify ahead of Juventus. (Too far to go though)

Verbal diarrohea bit .....
      "Again, we could have been sent to Moscow and far beyond, or Turkey which is always a difficult place to go, or the far reaches of Greece. I always think it's better to be in the central part of Europe ? because the travelling is easier, ? it takes less time and maybe as a result takes less out of the players.
      (FFS. Is he on mushrooms? Good job we dont have to play in any World Club Championships then! We'd get lost !)

"By that stage of the season we'll be playing three matches a week and I won't have the luxury I have had so far of sometimes sparing players in the Europa League competition. (So I'll have to play the Also Rans but the owners understand my problems.)
      We're at the knock-out stage now and so I won't have that option because it will be important to put out our best team every time if we want to go further in the competition." (Well Yes. Thats what you do in top flight football but you wouldnt know about that)

Anfield to Prague.  1,009 miles
      Anfield to Poznan  1,054 miles
      Anfield to Braga    1,471 miles

Anfield to Kharkiv   2,000 miles
      Anfield to Rubin Kazan 2,038 miles.

Nearest to furthest difference 1,029 miles.
      Travelling time by air : 2 hours. Travelling is just too far to go.

"We will have to bribe the officials because Braga is going to be far too expensive and far too far away to go to..... plus we wont be able to find out anything about them."
      " Ive told the owners all about it and again they sympathise how hard it is for me"
      RH.

FFS Complete and utter sh*te Mr Hodgson.
      « Last Edit: Dec 18, 2010 03:22:48 am by eurored »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #201: Dec 18, 2010 03:19:57 am
      .... and BTW.
      No.
      Hands down. Im not that fussed about it.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #202: Feb 26, 2011 10:38:51 am
      I definetley cara about this competiton it would be great to win it, the only team I really fear-if that's the right word is City other than that I'm pretty confident we can go all the way.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #203: Feb 26, 2011 10:40:46 am
      I am   xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #204: Feb 26, 2011 10:53:44 am
      This is complete verbal sh*te and more depressingly its on the Official Club Site.
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/roy-satisfied-with-euro-draw

Anyone know or understand what on Earth he is on about European travel?

Roy Hodgson has declared he is (shitting himself) after watching his Liverpool side paired with Sparta Prague in the first knock-out stage of this season's Europa League.

The Reds will travel to the Czech Republic for the first leg on February 17 next year, before the return at Anfield the following week - and the boss admits it could have been a much tougher outcome for his men.

"I think it's a very good draw," he told Liverpoolfc.tv.
      "There are a lot of good teams in the competition, even the unseeded sides.
      Of course a lot of those teams are from the far end of Europe ... in backward places which are difficult to get to and about which you would find it difficult to get a lot of information .    ! !   (Ed: Are they online at Melwood yet?  So if we lose that means they were too far away and we couldnt find anything out about them.)

"Sparta Prague are a team everyone knows well.  : ? ( Of course we do.)

Prague is a very reachable ? city, a very beautiful ? city and the team will be easier to scout and easier to find information about than the
      Rubin Kazan's (http://www.rubin-kazan.ru/en/main/)    ps they are only Russian Champions Mr Hodgson FFS.

and

Kharkiv's (http://ukrainiansoccer.net/upl/onevsall.asp?champID=15&Team=FC%20Kharkiv) ps they are only Ukraines second city.

of the draw. (That means we can only fly on cheap low cost airlines if they are under twenty quid for a seat)

"It is never going to be easy at this stage of the competition because teams in the last 32 have qualified through their groups or have come into it from the Champions League, (We never knew that Roy) but I am perfectly satisfied with the draw we have been given.

"It is important to do well if we are going to go through but I don't think we can say we have been badly treated by the draw."

Should Liverpool overcome their Czech opponents, a last sixteen clash with either
      Lech Poznan of Poland ( http://www.lechpoznan.pl/)  (Beat Man City 3-1)
      or
      Portugal's Sporting Braga (http://www.scbraga.pt/index.php) will lie in wait.

"It will be an even tougher task at that stage," admits the boss. "Both teams have done extremely well.
      I watched Braga in a game on the television (cos it was too far to go and I wanted to be home for my tea) and thought they were unlucky not to clinch one of the two places in their Champions League group.
      And Lech Poznan did well in their group to qualify ahead of Juventus. (Too far to go though)

Verbal diarrohea bit .....
      "Again, we could have been sent to Moscow and far beyond, or Turkey which is always a difficult place to go, or the far reaches of Greece. I always think it's better to be in the central part of Europe ? because the travelling is easier, ? it takes less time and maybe as a result takes less out of the players.
      (FFS. Is he on mushrooms? Good job we dont have to play in any World Club Championships then! We'd get lost !)

"By that stage of the season we'll be playing three matches a week and I won't have the luxury I have had so far of sometimes sparing players in the Europa League competition. (So I'll have to play the Also Rans but the owners understand my problems.)
      We're at the knock-out stage now and so I won't have that option because it will be important to put out our best team every time if we want to go further in the competition." (Well Yes. Thats what you do in top flight football but you wouldnt know about that)

Anfield to Prague.  1,009 miles
      Anfield to Poznan  1,054 miles
      Anfield to Braga    1,471 miles

Anfield to Kharkiv   2,000 miles
      Anfield to Rubin Kazan 2,038 miles.

Nearest to furthest difference 1,029 miles.
      Travelling time by air : 2 hours. Travelling is just too far to go.

"We will have to bribe the officials because Braga is going to be far too expensive and far too far away to go to..... plus we wont be able to find out anything about them."
      " Ive told the owners all about it and again they sympathise how hard it is for me"
      RH.

FFS Complete and utter sh*te Mr Hodgson.

Well that load of cobblers just about summed the old duffer up surely he must read some of the sh*t back and think wtf did i just say that ,anyhow read it roy its this kind of sh*t that added to your demise thank fck.

Anyhow we are in it so of course we want to win it its another bit of silverware and thats what counts plus it will look good on KK cv for his interview for the job in the summer. ;D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,498 posts | 2869 
      Reply #205: Feb 26, 2011 12:15:48 pm
      Is it correct that the Braga tie has been switched and we now play the second leg at home?
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #206: Feb 26, 2011 12:20:03 pm
      Is it correct that the Braga tie has been switched and we now play the second leg at home?

Yep, according to the official site. 10th March we're away, 17th March at home.

Quick Reply