Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Lucas (Palermo)

Read 13360 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Lucas (Palermo)
      Reply #23: Jul 12, 2010 07:59:47 pm
      Sky Sports website quotes Palermo managing director saying they have made a bid but it is not €6 million that is to much.

What the F**k I'm not a fan of this lad but £5 million being to much for this lad is a joke.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #24: Jul 12, 2010 08:04:01 pm

£5 million being to much for this lad is a joke.

We've never been the strongest club in the transfer market, but the ownership issue is obviously taking it's toll.

Don't think we've heard the last of clubs trying to take our lads on the cheap.

Sad times. I'd say "pull your finger out Roy", but I imagine his hands are tied.  :f_steam:
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #25: Jul 12, 2010 08:09:46 pm
      Don't think the same would be happening if Rafa was here, thats probably why Rafa was replaced with Hodgson to be honest.

What international goes these days for less than £5 million are we that desperate for money.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #26: Jul 12, 2010 08:18:55 pm
      The more I think about that £5m price-tag, the more it annoys me.

He's hardly a world beater, we all know that, but he's certainly worth more than £5m.

In my opinion, if that is the highest amount that Palermo are going to offer, then we should say no.

I'm sure there's other clubs who would be willing to pay a bit more.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #27: Jul 12, 2010 08:22:12 pm
      According to sky sports,Palermo have confirmed they made a bid but they are saying they did not offer the reported figure.They say it's too much!!!Idiots!
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #28: Jul 12, 2010 08:25:19 pm
      Too much?are they talking the piss.Get real Palermo.
      liverpool9292
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts |
      Reply #29: Jul 12, 2010 08:26:58 pm
      I'd take £8M for him in a flash!!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #30: Jul 12, 2010 08:28:50 pm
      Just looking at the Palermo squad now. Maccarone is there - remember him?!

I noticed Pastore is too - 21 year old attacking-mid - pretty sure he was with Argentina at the world cup.

£5m and him. ;)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #31: Jul 12, 2010 08:29:22 pm
      They are not offering £8 million they are saying £5 million is to much.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #32: Jul 12, 2010 08:46:30 pm
      ElZhar wants to leave. Thank you lord

:clap: :drinking: :ernaehrung004: :action-smiley-035: :laughing-smiley-014: :666: :champ: :gt-happyup: :celebrate:
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #33: Jul 12, 2010 08:57:01 pm
      Just looking at the Palermo squad now. Maccarone is there - remember him?!

I noticed Pastore is too - 21 year old attacking-mid - pretty sure he was with Argentina at the world cup.

£5m and him. ;)

Didn't he sing that absolutely ridiculous song a few years back haha ;)?

And yeah Palermo are saying that the reported £5mill is too much for Lucas.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #34: Jul 12, 2010 09:18:08 pm
      Wouldn't sell him for a penny less than £12m.

We simply can't afford to lose Masch and Lucas in the same window unless we get huge amounts of cash.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #35: Jul 12, 2010 09:59:36 pm
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #36: Jul 12, 2010 10:02:21 pm
      Wouldn't sell him for a penny less than £12m.

We simply can't afford to lose Masch and Lucas in the same window unless we get huge amounts of cash.

£12m? You have to be joking? he's not worth half that and the stupid economy is ruining transfer fees as it is. £12m would be beyond dreamland for Lucas, if we get £4m we should take it and cut the loss, he's terrible.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #37: Jul 12, 2010 10:34:01 pm
      http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=808424&sec=transfers&cc=5739
      Palermo sporting director Walter Sabatini has revealed the club have made an offer for Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva.

Lucas Leiva

GettyImages

Lucas Leiva has been linked with a move away from Liverpool

Roy Hodgson is currently assessing the squad ahead of the new season and reports suggest Lucas, 23, has been made available to raise funds. Sabatini has now confirmed the rumours but indicated the bid is far lower than has been suggested.

"We have made an initial offer to the English club," he told Tgs Sport. "However, I can deny claims that we have offered £5 million as reported by some media. We have offered much less than that."

Brazil international Lucas joined Liverpool from Gremio in 2007.

LESS THAN 5 MILLION!! GET THE F**k OUT OF HERE.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38: Jul 12, 2010 10:37:26 pm
      Much less than that?!

I'm sure even those who really don't rate the guy would at least expect around 5 or 6mill minimum.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,875 posts | 165 
      Reply #39: Jul 12, 2010 10:40:38 pm
      El Zhar don't get games because he's sh*te, wouldn't get games in the championship, 7-8M for Lucas would be good business.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Palermo bid for Lucas
      Reply #40: Jul 12, 2010 11:31:27 pm
      Palermo have confirmed that an offer has been made for Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva but they insist that they have not bid the reported fee of €6million (£5m).

The Serie A club have been linked with the Brazilian for several months and the speculation has increased following the arrival of Roy Hodgsonat Anfield.

Liverpool's new manager is expected to make changes to his squad and, with Emiliano Insua already the subject of talks with Fiorentina, Lucas could be one of the players who is sold to raise funds for reshaping.

Lucas was a regular in former boss Rafa Benitez's first XI last season after Xabi Alonso was sold to Real Madrid, but the 23-year-old still struggled to win over his critics.

Palermo, though, are admirers and sporting director Walter Sabatini has confirmed that they would like to sign the ex Gremio player, telling TGS: "We made a first offer to Liverpool for Lucas Pezzini (Leiva).

"But I deny that we have offered €6m. That is too much."

Benitez was accused of playing Lucas out of position when he selected the South American in defensive midfield as opposed to the attacking role that he occupied in Brazil.

Lucas has yet to establish himself as a Premier League star as a result and Hodgson could decide that he is surplus to requirements.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/palermo-confirm-lucas-bid
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #41: Jul 12, 2010 11:35:02 pm
      El Zhar don't get games because he's sh*te, wouldn't get games in the championship, 7-8M for Lucas would be good business.
      And who would replace him?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #42: Jul 12, 2010 11:42:39 pm
      There saying they offered £3 million, that is a joke.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #43: Jul 13, 2010 12:57:19 am
      i wouldnt even sell lucas for 8m. he was one of our best players last season and you can literally tell that he is improving. masch is gonna leave if not in this window then in jan.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #44: Jul 13, 2010 01:36:41 am
      I'm not one of Lucas' admirers but anything less than 8million pounds, they can go F**k themselves. What is it with with every other club wanting our players on the cheap, yet we have to pay over the odds for targets that we want. F***ing Vultures.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #45: Jul 13, 2010 01:59:32 am
      Every club in world football knows our situation, it's been that well documented that even some mickey mouse club in a puddle of the marsh in some far off country where electricity hasn't reached will know about our financial worries

So, because of that every club is in the driving seat basically. They know our problems, so can offer way under the odds for players knowing that we'd have to seriously consider it to reduce some of the debt. That's the position we find ourselves in. We're no longer capable of holding others to ransom, we need every last penny we can muster so it's the buying club holding all the cards.

That's what they're doing with Lucas. They can afford to offer five million because they know we'd still have to consider it seriously. And I think I'd be tempted to take it as I still don't see a great future for Lucas at Anfield. If we could hold out for eight million then even better but I can see a lot of buying clubs holding firm on cheaper offers knowing the position we're in and how desperate for money we are. And because of that, we're more likely to buckle under the pressure first.

Quick Reply