Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The Coral's New Album

Read 1678 times
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 384 posts | 13 
      The Coral's New Album
      Jul 12, 2010 09:16:38 pm
      Downloaded the new Coral Album today Butterfly House, I've got to say I love it already. Some brilliant new tunes, especially love North Parade, Two Faces, She's Coming Around, the title track of course. Doesn't take long to get into the others either. Have a listen everyone.

Really looking forward to seeing them on Thursday at the Philharmonic now.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: The Coral's New Album
      Reply #1: Jul 12, 2010 09:31:48 pm
      I've never bothered with The Coral but I saw them once supporting Arctic Monkeys (who I'm not too bothered about now either) at Old Trafford. They were pretty decent actually.
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #2: Jul 12, 2010 09:42:57 pm
      Very underratted band, I saw them years ago, so I'm really looking forward to hearing the new tunes on Thursday.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #3: Jul 13, 2010 01:51:45 pm
      I've never bothered with The Coral but I saw them once supporting Arctic Monkeys (who I'm not too bothered about now either) at Old Trafford. They were pretty decent actually.

Boss gig that. Arctic Monkeys are boss too, you heathen.

The Coral are very underrated. And the lead singers got a season ticket in the Anny Road end. :D Have to get the new album later, was completely unaware of it coming out. Lovely surprise for me that! :)
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #4: Jul 18, 2010 04:37:42 pm
      I'm having a listen to this on Spotify I liked a couple of their songs before but this album is very good, pretty laid back music, some of the songs remind me abit of The Eagles especially "1000 years". Could be tempted to legally buy the album who knows :laugh:.
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #5: Jul 18, 2010 11:33:56 pm
      I've reached the point where I can't decide which my favourite track is now. Could be More Than a Lover, no maybe Two Faces, or even She's Comin Around or North Parade, Butterfly House etc etc.

I heard on David Monk's show on Radio Merseyside that they could be doing a gig at Mountford Hall in November. A chance to hear more of their older stuff too. 
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #6: Jul 22, 2010 06:36:17 pm
      I heard on David Monk's show on Radio Merseyside that they could be doing a gig at Mountford Hall in November. A chance to hear more of their older stuff too. 

Have to book that. Fancy going there again.

Went to see the Courteeners there earlier this year. Just get there a day early to queue for ale though.

Oh, and the album's a belter.
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #7: Jul 22, 2010 08:58:40 pm
      Do you stand at Mountford Hall CRK, have a friend who will only go if they don't have to sit down! The album is deffo a belter, and thanks for the tip about the ale, I will get my mate to sneak some in!
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #8: Jul 23, 2010 02:58:39 pm

Top stuff! I'll try and get to that.

Very underrated band indeed. I too saw them at Old Trafford which was a great gig.

Quick Reply