Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Deja vu/Is this the season we win the league?

Read 3674 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Deja vu/Is this the season we win the league?
      Reply #23: Jul 14, 2010 09:28:42 pm
      Would be a great dream but i don't thin we are near enough
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #24: Jul 14, 2010 09:38:59 pm
      Great post Weshall_kop

i like your positivity, and i do believe that we have the squad, albeit a few minor changes, to get back to where we rightfully belong in the CL and the top 4.

but as for winning the league, as long as we have a relativly injury free season, and do as above (taking points off rivals) then i do believe we have the ability to match the 08/09 season.

All's im going to do now is hope.

and ;D as Resolivos comment ;D
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #25: Jul 15, 2010 12:30:00 am
      We havnt got last season out of our systems yet.. thats what is biting us... should we be realistic or having belief that we can win the league.. the players need belief more than we do... how will they get that if freaking beatie is linked with us!
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #26: Jul 15, 2010 12:46:01 am
      I know Torres said we need 4-5 decent signings-

But we did 08/09 season with what we have!

I would class Maxi, Aquliani & possibly Milan as world class signings- we are nearly there if you look at it from that angle!
      Just one decent striker for when Torres is injured & we will be set!

We need positivity- its almost all we have left!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #27: Jul 16, 2010 01:09:41 am
      I know Torres said we need 4-5 decent signings-

But we did 08/09 season with what we have!

I would class Maxi, Aquliani & possibly Milan as world class signings- we are nearly there if you look at it from that angle!
      Just one decent striker for when Torres is injured & we will be set!

We need

positivity- its almost all we have left!

My apologies for being negative MsG, but whilst we set about these four or five quality free signings other clubs around us continue to spend unprecedneted amounts of money on real quality players, as much as I'd like too, I find it hard to continue a positive mindset looking at our transfer embargo. :(
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #28: Jul 16, 2010 02:22:38 am
      In reality, probably (definately) not. But some good recycling of the squad and keeping Gerrard and Torres and a fully fit Aquilani and Milan Jovanananananananavich getting us some pace and skill out left then we could, maybe maybe maybe maybe (providing a massive collapse from most teams around us) we could win the league.

But top 4 would be amazing, but theres no fun or belief in that so C'mon red men!
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #29: Jul 16, 2010 02:49:28 am
      To win it, no but I hope we get back into the top four.
      leucas1966
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #30: Jul 16, 2010 01:20:33 pm
      Not much to do with this topic, ive just moved away from liverpool upto scotland, i had a season ticket last 3 season but have decided not to buy one this season......does anyone know of any supporters clubs in scotland?
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #31: Jul 16, 2010 03:50:11 pm
      Of course we can win it.

We're Liverpool.

I was waiting for somone to say this

luckily i didnt have to wait long :)
      machell88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 269 posts |
      Reply #32: Jul 16, 2010 05:44:49 pm
      To be honest I am sick of all the negativity in this forum(I am sorry). So to get all your positive energy needed to guide us to good things(God I sound like some yoga teacher) here is a strange thought that came to me when Spain won the world cup.

When we all saw celebration like this last time (that is Euro 08) First we were all happy, then came the transfer speculation(that time too chesick in for Torres), then the injury scares to Torres which was after the 1st match. Anyway my point is that we went on to have one of the best season in recent times only to finish second to the scums. Now its like deja vu this time only better. Spain won the world cup thats better than the Euro cup. the celebrations are more class than last time (Pepe Raina is like a professional party animal).
      Every thing is getting better even transfer talks and injury to Torres. So why not hope for a better season that is ahead of us. A season in which we are going to win the league may be the F.A cup too and the Europa league And many more.

Very confused by this.

Football is a team sport. All the components at the club need to be turning in the right direction; the board, the manager, the staff, the players, and the fans. And the simple answer is, that they are not. The club is not pulling in the same direction. That is why all some can see is negativity on the horizon. It is completely irrelevant to me that spain won the world cup. Sure, its great for pepe and nando and this might have a positive impact on their attitude/performances, but I am only concerned with the unit that is liverpool football club. Quite frankly unitll we ALL start pulling in the same direction we will be stuck in the mier.
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #33: Jul 16, 2010 11:10:40 pm
      I think Ive been among those that have stayed positive in recent weeks...but win the league!!!!! Return to the top 4 would be an excellent season

Touche.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #34: Jul 17, 2010 09:12:33 am
      Thin line between confidence & delusion.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #35: Jul 17, 2010 09:56:49 am
      I am loving the positivity !!
      I just have a feeling that this season will be much better than we are all expecting. I think Roy could surprise us all.  ;D
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #36: Jul 17, 2010 11:28:35 am
      The possibility of winning the League remains the same as it did last season. Our first eleven can beat anyone when it's on song. As others have mentioned, it's our depth that lets us down. If Roy can tap into the Liverpool Way and get them all playing as a 'team' again, we have some good luck for a change and the squad players step up, then I don't see why we can't do really well. Let us not forget, last season was a shambles. I'd say the team played at around 50-60% of it's ability. If Roy can get that extra 30% out of the lads I don't see why we should settle for fourth. Luck will play a big part, and God, are we due some luck.
      weshall_kop
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 300 posts | 13 
      Reply #37: Jul 17, 2010 02:51:35 pm
      The quality in our team is unquestionable, Like said above they can beat anyone on there day then why can't we hope for the best. I have faith in our team.  
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #38: Jul 17, 2010 03:11:32 pm
      My apologies for being negative MsG, but whilst we set about these four or five quality free signings other clubs around us continue to spend unprecedneted amounts of money on real quality players, as much as I'd like too, I find it hard to continue a positive mindset looking at our transfer embargo. :(
      Is correct Daz our rivals are strengthening their squads while we are struggling with our basic line up and the manager is forced to adhere to the restrictions of an imaginary budget!
      Any optimistic thoughts for the new campaign have got to be tempered with those statements and accordingly our ambition.
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #39: Jul 17, 2010 09:06:27 pm
      Lets be honest, first is way out of reach as it is today. But with Chelsea ageing, the scum in transition, Citeh not gelling, Arsenal inconsistent and Spurs distracted by European football. This could be a good season for Liverpool if we can take full advantage of all these scenarios. Fourth should be our main target after fooking the yanks off!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #40: Jul 17, 2010 11:00:18 pm
      Would love it.

Gerrard and Torres have put LFC and Woy on probation.
      They are willing to take one year out of Europe ... but not two.

They wont wait till September 2012.

So it has to be fourth or better.
      From what we have been through I would be pleased to get back a CL place and kick on from there.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #41: Jul 18, 2010 02:40:52 pm
      Lets be honest, first is way out of reach as it is today. But with Chelsea ageing, the scum in transition, Citeh not gelling, Arsenal inconsistent and Spurs distracted by European football. This could be a good season for Liverpool if we can take full advantage of all these scenarios. Fourth should be our main target after fooking the yanks off!
      There is some mileage in what you say about the situation at the clubs mentioned but they have the monies to affect any irregularities we on the other hand are worrying about key men leaving and a none existent budget.
      LFC should be one of the pace setters not prowling like a scavenger waiting for a weakness to take advantage.
      As in your post tho these are comparative details compared to cleansing the club of the cancer that is H&G.
      « Last Edit: Jul 18, 2010 03:37:12 pm by stuey »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #42: Jul 18, 2010 04:45:05 pm
      I just have a feeling that this season will be much better than we are all expecting. I think Roy could surprise us all.  ;D

I've got that feeling as well and I love the idea of it. But I'm trying to be realistic. Whilst we only have Torres who is capapble of going on a run of goals, I think we are going to struggle.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #43: Jul 18, 2010 10:02:46 pm
      Would love it.

Gerrard and Torres have put LFC and Woy on probation.
      They are willing to take one year out of Europe ... but not two.

They wont wait till September 2012.

So it has to be fourth or better.
      From what we have been through I would be pleased to get back a CL place and kick on from there.

I agree with this!

Lets not get carried away- we get ourselves back into the champions league & the future will look brighter!
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #44: Jul 18, 2010 10:10:54 pm
      The majority of Liverpool fans are negative and I think it is true that the spirit of Liverpool has been lost, but under Roy, I think he can bring the Kop back alive. Most fans look at our team and think it needs a lot of improvement. But if you look at the 'facts', we had the most players at the World Cup this year than any other Premier League team, if that doesn't show that we don't have a team strong enough to win the league then I don't know what will. We finished second last year. Our squad hasn't changed dramatically since then, show more faith in our team, we now have a man manager who has a reputation of getting the best out of his players with a poor budget. I think we're all in for a shocker this season and we will prove all those doubters wrong, where our apparent aim is 4th place, bollocks, we are a title winning side and we have to keep faith and hope. Watch this space and mark my words. Come on lads!
      cozza_man_yeah
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      • Ní bheidh tú ag siúl in aonar.
      Reply #45: Jul 18, 2010 10:23:20 pm
      Not this year but what's stopping us going for it? Top four this year I'm thinking.

Quick Reply