Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Deja vu/Is this the season we win the league?

Read 3702 times
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Re: Deja vu/Is this the season we win the league?
      Reply #46: Jul 18, 2010 10:28:06 pm
      We still have a team/squad capable of challenging and pushing for at least top 4.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #47: Jul 19, 2010 02:04:22 pm
      Whether we the fans are positive or negative in relation to our club winning the league doesnt come into it. It is all down to can we muster a squad to win it. And we all know that under the current regime thats highly unlikely. We are unsure about the future of a few top players as it is whilst being linked to decent players but not really ones you would expect to transform us to champions

Please dont stop being positive but lets be realistic. City are buying for fun, Chelsea can if they want. Utd have a vastly experienced squad for league title battles. Spurs have some cash to add and Arsenal will be there too. As I posted previously, in my opinion, top 4 finish would be a great season
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #48: Jul 19, 2010 05:25:08 pm
      I think really the team just need to go for the win in every game, play like they can, and win games.

It's no surprise that the best period of Rafa's management (4-1 Man United) came when Liverpool played exciting, flowing attacking football.

If Liverpool can get that going, top four will come easily. If it can be sustained, title could be won, but I doubt if it'll be this season.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #49: Jul 19, 2010 05:27:50 pm
      a couple more decent signings and yes
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #50: Jul 19, 2010 05:28:19 pm
      My apologies for being negative MsG, but whilst we set about these four or five quality free signings other clubs around us continue to spend unprecedneted amounts of money on real quality players, as much as I'd like too, I find it hard to continue a positive mindset looking at our transfer embargo. :(

How much would we have had to pay Chelsea if Joe Cole wasn't out of contract?
      jack_lfc
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts |
      Reply #51: Jul 19, 2010 05:52:03 pm
      1st in the league.easy.
      with chelsea players now too old to compete for the league they finish mid-table.
      man utd will lose rooney for 100 million to real madrid amd then they have no goal-scorer and finish below chelsea.man city players still don't gel.
      tottenham do well in the CL and then implode in the league.
      aston villa still europa league.
      arsenal 2nd.
      optimistic :)

Quick Reply