Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Loic Remy (Nice)

Read 28978 times
      liverpool9292
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 256 posts |
      Loic Remy (Nice)
      Jul 15, 2010 11:21:26 pm
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Re: Loic Remy (Nice)
      Reply #1: Jul 15, 2010 11:26:07 pm
      I think 15 million euros is a bit much for him though?
      liverpool9292
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 256 posts |
      Reply #2: Jul 15, 2010 11:27:37 pm
      Dont really know him that well but his goal record is good enough for Nice! At least roy is looking for a striker!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #3: Jul 15, 2010 11:28:24 pm
      Seems someone doesn't know the clubs skint, but still using us to try & push up his value/wages offer from another club.  Hate being so cynical, but the summers between seasons isn't known as silly season for nothing.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #4: Jul 16, 2010 12:34:01 am
      I've heard this name a few times before.

Aern't west ham after him?
      khawja
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #5: Jul 16, 2010 01:49:18 am
      I've heard this name a few times before.

Aern't west ham after him?

Yes west ham are after him. And so are spurs
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #6: Jul 16, 2010 02:24:39 am
      He can't be good, City haven't been linked with him yet  :f_tongueincheek:
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #7: Jul 16, 2010 03:07:42 am
      SSN reporting that we have placed a bid around 12 million pounds and Remy said he wants to join Liverpool if he had a choice, and he called the interest from Tottenham interesting HAHA!
      KOPMKD
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts |
      Reply #8: Jul 16, 2010 03:09:21 am
      "I have a slight preference for a prestige club like Liverpool, even though Tottenham are also very, very interesting." I'm starting to like this player ;D Well..there are some serious quotations in the link at the top,it seems like his certain that he will join either Liverpool or the Spurs?!I haven't watch him playing but 23 years old,regular goalscorer,part of a French national side?I wouldn't mind to give Nando a partner upfront!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #9: Jul 16, 2010 06:28:49 am
      I always buy this guy on fifa manager modes. Quick with a good finish and good control.

If fifa 10 says hes good. Then hes good :p
      khawja
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #10: Jul 16, 2010 07:49:39 am
      Can nando and this guy form a partnership upfront ?? Or is he going to be a substitute for nando ?
      halofreak11789
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #11: Jul 16, 2010 08:25:21 am
      I always buy this guy on fifa manager modes. Quick with a good finish and good control.

If fifa 10 says hes good. Then hes good :p
      yeah i second that all potential players must pass the fifa test lmao...
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #12: Jul 16, 2010 11:51:59 am
      I have a slight preference for a prestige club like Liverpool,

Says it all this lad is coming to us
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #13: Jul 16, 2010 11:53:43 am
      Would this means most of the transfer budget would be gone? 
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #14: Jul 16, 2010 11:54:05 am
      never really seen him play,

hopefully he is like thierry henry when he came over rather than any other french players who havent made the grade..
      dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Reply #15: Jul 16, 2010 12:05:13 pm
      Would this means most of the transfer budget would be gone? 

Probably taken up the next 10 years budget !!!

liverpool9292
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 256 posts |
      Reply #16: Jul 16, 2010 12:16:52 pm
      The echo is linking us to him now!
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/07/16/liverpool-in-the-hunt-for-french-hotshot-loic-remy-100252-26867007/

Liverpool in the hunt for French hotshot Loic Remy

Jul 16 2010 by David Randles, Liverpool Echo

FRENCH hot-shot Loic Remy has opened the door to a possible move to Liverpool.

The 23-year-old Nice striker said he would prefer a move to the Reds after his club’s chief executive, Patrick Governatori, claimed that Liverpool and Tottenham had both made bids of “between 14.5 and 15.5 million euros.”

Anfield officials said that talk of a bid is premature, but confirmed that Roy Hodgson is an admirer of the French international and has been tracking him.

Remy, who has one international cap for France, spoke about his future after a training session yesterday and said he had “never hidden his desire to play in England.”

He added: “It will be a choice between two clubs with big futures.

“I have a slight preference for a prestige club like Liverpool, even though Tottenham are also very, very interesting.”

“Nothing has been decided. Wherever I play, I'll have to fight and work hard to win my place.”

West Ham owners David Sullivan and David Gold plus vice-chairman Karren Brady had flown to the South of France on Wednesday in a bid to clinch a £12m deal, but the move stalled over details of the transfer fee and instalment payments.

But it appears that Liverpool are now carefully monitoring the situation.

Remy came through the youth ranks at Lyon when Gerard Houllier was manager, but joined Nice in 2008 for a club record eight million euros after a five-month loan spell at Lens.

The rangy frontman scored 11 league goals in his first season at Nice and finished the 2009-10 campaign with 14 goals from 34 Ligue 1 appearances.

He made his France debut in a 1-0 friendly defeat by Nigeria in June 2009.

Meanwhile, Reds’ Argentinian full-back, Emiliano Insua, is edging closer to a £5m move to Fiorentina, while Benfica are interested in taking Damien Plessis to the Estadio da Luz in Portugal.

The French midfielder has emerged as a surprise target for the Portuguese champions who can offer him Champions League football next season.

Plessis has struggled to make an impact at Liverpool since joining from Lyon three years ago.

Benfica made initial enquiries about a season long loan deal but may now have to pay up to £700,000.
      « Last Edit: Jul 16, 2010 12:42:20 pm by MsGerrard, Reason: Added Article »
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #17: Jul 16, 2010 12:59:26 pm
      sky sports.com

please look at bold

Skysports.com can confirm Liverpool have made a move to sign French striker Loic Remy from under the noses of West Ham and Tottenham.

New Reds boss Roy Hodgson has entered the race for the Nice ace and is hoping to beat his Premier League rivals to the forward's signature.

Remy is regarded as one of the best young strikers in Europe after impressing at Nice over the last few seasons.
      The 23-year-old, who has been likened to Thierry Henry, scored 16 goals for Nice last season and has broken into the France national team.

West Ham had been leading the chase for Remy after making a couple of sizeable offers for the striker, but they were unable to agree a fee with Nice.

However, they could now lose out on Remy with Liverpool firming up their interest in the player with a bid.

Liverpool's technical director Eduardo Macia is believed to have been tracking Remy for five years and he has recommended Hodgson make a move for the pacy hit-man.

The Reds are in need of a new striker as they look to bolster their attacking options ahead of the Europa League deadline with Fernando Torres currently on the sidelines, leaving David Ngog as the only available forward for the start of the club's European campaign.

Funds
      Liverpool's financial director Philip Nash is believed to have raised the funds to enable the club to make their move as they look to win the race for the in-demand Frenchman.

Remy's agent, Frederic Guerra, has admitted he has spoken to Liverpool about a possible move and that Remy would be keen on a switch to Anfield.

"Yes, Liverpool are interested in Loic and Loic is interested in Liverpool," Guerra told skysports.com.

"There has also been interest from West Ham and Tottenham and it is now up to Nice.

"Loic has always said he is keen to play in England and Liverpool are a massive club.

"I believe if Loic comes to England he will be a massive success.

"He is like Thierry Henry, but I believe if he comes to England he could be even better than Henry.

"He is a sensational player, he is very strong, very quick and two-footed. He is the complete player and Liverpool would love him."
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #18: Jul 16, 2010 01:02:34 pm
      The up and coming Thierry Henry sounds good, but then again it's the agents job to play up his client. I do love his enthusiasm to come play for the greatest club on earth, so in that respect I will welcome him with open arms.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #19: Jul 16, 2010 01:03:48 pm
      The up and coming Thierry Henry sounds good, but then again it's the agents job to play up his client. I do love his enthusiasm to come play for the greatest club on earth, so in that respect I will welcome him with open arms.

saying that....wasnt Babel likened to Henry?
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #20: Jul 16, 2010 01:10:08 pm
      Please get him!! He seems to have the passion of playing for this BIG club. Good prospect too.
      dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Reply #21: Jul 16, 2010 01:11:10 pm

Yes, and a certain ex player the next Zidane !!
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #22: Jul 16, 2010 01:12:10 pm

I vaguely remember that, but Babel obviously isn't Henry but he is still a good player, so if Remy is in between Babel and Henry success wise then 12 million pounds is a pretty good deal in my opinion.

Quick Reply