Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Loic Remy (Nice)

Read 28971 times
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Re: Loic Remy (Nice)
      Reply #230: Jul 23, 2010 02:19:41 am
      To be fair, I only found that out 2 hours ago too :laugh:
      I know sh*t about this guy.
      You should be rubbing it in my face.

The sh*t? :laugh:

Don't think anyone has much to offer in terms of knowledge about him, seems like a massive gamble for me, 10 million plus is massive money with our current budget, think most people want it spent elsewhere.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #231: Jul 23, 2010 12:33:51 pm
      If he costs around 13-14 million, I think that the money would be better spent on a left-back. And if Masch goes and Roy gets at least 20 million from his sale, he could try to buy some real world class striker like Aguero. We couldn't offer him CL football, but Atletico can't offer him any European football. And he could play next to Torres, too.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #232: Jul 23, 2010 12:36:35 pm
      If he costs around 13-14 million, I think that the money would be better spent on a left-back. And if Masch goes and Roy gets at least 20 million from his sale, he could try to buy some real world class striker like Aguero. We couldn't offer him CL football, but Atletico can't offer him any European football. And he could play next to Torres, too.

Im afraid to say that Aguero would cost more than those 2 sums of money combined and an additional £8m. Chelsea had a £40m+ offer rejected not so long back.
      glines
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts |
      Reply #233: Jul 23, 2010 12:37:08 pm
      It seems like we could potentially have Huntelaar for the same money. Have to be honest, think I'd rather have the dutchman. Looking at the quantity of potentially creative players we have, I think I'd rather have someone tucking them away in the box.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #234: Jul 23, 2010 12:38:13 pm
      Actually, since Atletico won the Europa League last season they were guaranteed a spot in the group stages this season(besides actually also having qualified for the third qualifying round through domestic performance).
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #235: Jul 23, 2010 12:51:24 pm
      It seems like we could potentially have Huntelaar for the same money. Have to be honest, think I'd rather have the dutchman. Looking at the quantity of potentially creative players we have, I think I'd rather have someone tucking them away in the box.

You see, i am not sure about Huntelaar. He must be good, as he has played for 3 top-quality clubs in Ajax, Real Madrid and AC Milan, but having seen him play only a hand-full of times, and usually for short periods of time as a sub, i wasn't overly impressed. Having seen Remy play in the flesh, and being quite impressed, i would perfer Remy. But, i would admit both would be a gamble.

Actually, since Atletico won the Europa League last season they were guaranteed a spot in the group stages this season(besides actually also having qualified for the third qualifying round through domestic performance).

You really are a smart-arse, aren't you ;).
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #236: Jul 23, 2010 01:42:39 pm
      Get Huntelaar, then.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #237: Jul 23, 2010 01:54:49 pm
      I agree with you though, I'm hesitant to spend alot of money on a striker like Remy or Huntelaar. But if we could swap Babel for Huntelaar, that would be mint wouldn't it?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #238: Jul 23, 2010 01:57:07 pm
      But if we could swap Babel for Huntelaar, that would be mint wouldn't it?

Even if we had to throw 4 million or so at the deal I'd be happy with that.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #239: Jul 23, 2010 02:01:56 pm
      Yeah me too, 4 million would be about my limit though. Milan want Huntelaar to go, we should be able to get a good price.
      « Last Edit: Jul 23, 2010 02:09:23 pm by Dexter »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #240: Jul 23, 2010 02:04:24 pm
      Yeah me too, 4 million would be about my limited though. Milan want Huntelaar to go, we should be able to get a good price.

Yeh that would be about my limit too, I may throw an extra 500k at the deal to make sure we got him, but I think thats mainly due to knowing how much you can be caught short, if your main goal scorer is out for prolonged periods of time.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #241: Jul 23, 2010 02:11:43 pm
      Yeah me too, 4 million would be about my limit though. Milan want Huntelaar to go, we should be able to get a good price.
      Yeh that would be about my limit too, I may throw an extra 500k at the deal to make sure we got him, but I think thats mainly due to knowing how much you can be caught short, if your main goal scorer is out for prolonged periods of time.

Completley agree with all this. I am too afraid of bigging up Huntelaar incase, in the end, he joins Citeh or ManUre.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #242: Jul 23, 2010 02:20:22 pm
      Completley agree with all this. I am too afraid of bigging up Huntelaar incase, in the end, he joins Citeh or ManUre.
      He won't join City. Manure, maybe. I just read those mancs wanted Lahm from Bayern last week, and Bayern were interested in Park and Berbatov for a swap deal. If that's true and it would've gone through then Huntelaar could've certainly gone to Manure to replace Berbatov, but it seems to have fell through since Bayern have pulled back from Lahm's possible successor Van der Wiel from Ajax. It's all connected! Speculation at it's best? ;D
      :action-smiley-060:
      « Last Edit: Jul 23, 2010 02:26:08 pm by Dexter »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #243: Jul 23, 2010 02:25:42 pm
      Anyway Loic Remy, nice hairdoo, Cisse would be proud. ;D
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #244: Jul 23, 2010 03:09:04 pm
      SSN just reporting that Nice and WEST HAM are close to agreeing a deal
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #245: Jul 23, 2010 03:13:24 pm

Good stuff!
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #246: Jul 23, 2010 03:21:10 pm
      Take it you don't want a bit of Loic? :P
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #247: Jul 23, 2010 03:21:56 pm
      Why get Loic when you can get Klaas(Class)? That'd make a good headline :P
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #248: Jul 23, 2010 03:48:18 pm
      If he costs around 13-14 million, I think that the money would be better spent on a left-back....
      Are you Rafa? ;D
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #249: Jul 23, 2010 04:28:00 pm

Grr... I'd love to see Remy with us.. I'd take him over Huntelaar any day... You can say the price is a bit steep and that Huntelaar has experience at good clubs but you can argue he's failed at those clubs.. Remy at that price is a bit of a gamble BUT worth a shot i reckon...
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #250: Jul 23, 2010 04:54:59 pm
      Grr... I'd love to see Remy with us.. I'd take him over Huntelaar any day... You can say the price is a bit steep and that Huntelaar has experience at good clubs but you can argue he's failed at those clubs.. Remy at that price is a bit of a gamble BUT worth a shot i reckon...
      Do you know him? Most of us are just going off whispers and a few clips on YouTube.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #251: Jul 23, 2010 05:08:19 pm
      arriving in lodon on monday to speak to west ham
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #252: Jul 23, 2010 05:10:47 pm
      Bloke on SSN said he's close to joining West Ham.

Quick Reply