Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Thomas Ince Player Thread

Read 15906 times
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Thomas Ince Player Thread
      Jul 18, 2010 11:12:58 am
      It looks like Paul Ince  is going to get his wish that his son Tom will get his chance to play for the first team,Roy Hodgson stated that young Ince will feature in pre season games and looks a promising  candidate to progress  into the first team.Having watched young Tom on a few occasions I think he could make the step up but is he like many others gonna get a fair chance eg Pachecho,Kelly to but two.Lets just hope that if Roy is going to play some of the lads that they will feature in the prem this season thus giving hope to rest of our youth system.
      « Last Edit: Jul 27, 2010 01:52:46 pm by paulrobbo »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Tom Ince.One for the future.
      Reply #1: Jul 18, 2010 12:54:41 pm
      It looks like Paul Ince  is going to get his wish that his son Tom will get his chance to play for the first team,Roy Hodgson stated that young Ince will feature in pre season games and looks a promising  candidate to progress  into the first team.Having watched young Tom on a few occasions I think he could make the step up but is he like many others gonna get a fair chance eg Pachecho,Kelly to but two.Lets just hope that if Roy is going to play some of the lads that they will feature in the prem this season thus giving hope to rest of our youth system.

Definitely one of the stars for me last year in the youth team.
      Hopefully we have room for both him and Eccleston but if not Ince would be my preferred choice at left midfield
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2: Jul 19, 2010 12:03:47 am
      All that money we blown on youth/young players, nice to see it's not going to waste.  Quite promising bunch coming through. Easily the best batch of players as a whole, in the last decade.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #3: Jul 19, 2010 12:08:02 am
      Roy will probably have it forced on him that the youngsters have to get a chance once the assets start getting stripped. I wish Tom Ince well, and I like the thought of youngsters getting a chance in the first team. But it has to be for the right reasons, and when things like selling your last left back start happening you start to wonder.

But I'll be watching the progress of our youngsters closely in the coming season. Just not from inside Anfield.

NOT A PENNY MORE
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #4: Jul 19, 2010 12:53:43 am
      Can't wait for Tom Ince to get an opportunity under woy. Hopefully he rises to the occasion as he impressed me in the under 18's last season  ;D ;D
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #5: Jul 19, 2010 11:23:55 am
      hasnt roy said something about tom getting a chance in the Europa league qualifier? Something about in an ideal world tom wouldnt play in games of this magnitude but you never know. Lob him in at the deep end roy see if the lad can swim
      « Last Edit: Jul 19, 2010 11:31:28 am by Venison 86, Reason: changed wording from Champs to Europa »
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,203 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #6: Jul 19, 2010 04:44:18 pm
      Tom Ince is a great prosspect look forward to seeing him play, rummors have it that Chelsea are sniffing around.......
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #7: Jul 27, 2010 12:37:55 pm
      Back in 1995 Roy Hodgson built his Inter Milan team around a tough tackling midfielder by the name of Paul Ince.

Fast forward to the present and the new Liverpool manager could yet help Ince junior develop into an Anfield star of the future.

Indeed, Hodgson's career seems to have come full circle for those that reside in the Ince household - a fact that hasn't been lost on Academy scholar Tom, who produced some eye-catching cameos at the club's pre-season training camp in Switzerland.

The 18-year-old admits that he shared a wry smile with his parents when Hodgson was installed as the new boss and now hopes to make his own mark on the man who once barked orders at his father from the San Siro dugout.

"Roy was at Inter Milan when my Dad joined them from Man United, so I know him from back then," Ince told Liverpoolfc.tv during an exclusive chat.

"He's told me that I've grown up a lot since - I'm a lot taller!

"I have to admit it was a bit weird at first though. The first thing I thought was that he had managed my Dad and now here he was managing me too! I heard him say that it made him feel old and that made me laugh.

"In all seriousness though, I have a totally different style of play to my Dad. I don't think I'm as mouthy as him either, so I'm sure me and Roy will get on well!

"I've just got to be my own man. I must impress him in my own right. Hopefully the 10 days in Switzerland have helped me to introduce myself to Roy and I can now go on to impress him."

Sounds like a grounded kid. Would love him to do well for us
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #8: Jul 27, 2010 01:42:00 pm
      I've played against him when he was at Villa if i remember correctly
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Re: Thomas Ince Player Thread
      Reply #9: Nov 01, 2010 06:45:17 pm
      Tom Ince has joined Notts County on loan.

Lets hope he can get a few games under his belt, maybe even grab a goal, will only do his confidence and development the world of good. A few games and kicks to toughen him up.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #10: Nov 01, 2010 06:46:53 pm
      I'm sure his da will pick him

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #11: Nov 01, 2010 07:13:49 pm

they always do!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #12: Nov 01, 2010 07:22:26 pm
      Good luck to him, he's a very talented young lad, hope he gets some good valued experience at Notts County, under the guidance of his Dad. Lets hope he does come back to us though and we don't lose another excellent prospect.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,150 posts | 2780 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #13: Nov 01, 2010 07:26:40 pm
      Good luck kid, Hope ye come back
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #14: Nov 01, 2010 08:35:10 pm
      Will do the lad a world of good, and gain some valuable experience.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,682 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #15: Nov 01, 2010 08:45:25 pm
      For sure his father will give him a lot of match practise & all give some experience.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #16: Nov 01, 2010 09:08:09 pm
      Wise move, considering Notts County are a top League 1 team and it won't hurt that his manager is now his dad ;D
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #17: Nov 02, 2010 04:58:28 am
      Yea he is a class act. 1st team action would be good for him.
      Cuttsy888
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 295 posts |
      Reply #18: Nov 02, 2010 05:50:26 am
      Would rather see him get first team games then sit in the 18's or bench for the resssssss
      MsGerrard
      Reply #19: Dec 11, 2010 04:48:27 pm
      Scored today for County against MK Dons.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #20: Dec 11, 2010 04:54:59 pm
      Scored 6 minutes after being subbed on. Sounded like a beauty.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #21: Dec 15, 2010 02:41:26 pm

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #22: Dec 15, 2010 04:23:50 pm
      tricky player he looks like. Here's his other goal against MK Dons

Notts County 2-0 M.K Dons - Thomas Ince GOAL! (1-0)
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #23: Dec 15, 2010 04:28:31 pm
      Great goal that.
      Cuttsy888
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 295 posts |
      Reply #24: Dec 15, 2010 11:21:45 pm
      Solid effort that
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #25: Dec 30, 2010 03:44:50 pm
      Notts County manager Paul Ince believes it is '50-50' whether his son Thomas extends his loan at Meadow Lane for the rest of the season.
      http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6621914,00.html

The teenage midfielder has made six appearances for the Magpies since joining on loan from Liverpool, but his current deal expires next week.

Magpies boss Ince believes the 18-year-old is benefiting from first-team football and hopes to convince his Liverpool counterpart Roy Hodgson to agree to an extension.

"It's 50-50 at the moment," said Ince in the Nottingham Evening Post. "I've spoken to Roy and will speak to him again to try to sort out a deal to keep him here until the end of the season.

Flair player

"At this moment Thomas is at the best place he could be and he needs to stay here.

"He was training with the first team but not playing games so he needed to get out on loan. That is why he is here, and he's doing very well.

"He's a flair player and he needs to be pushed to express himself. I think he is now starting to express himself here.

"He feels accepted by the players and fans, and they want to see him produce a moment of magic, which is a big thing for an 18-year-old."
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #26: Dec 30, 2010 03:48:42 pm

Love that.

Sells a dummy to arse landing defender...

" Go on Incey "

"Yay"

Cross goes in off second defender.

"Yeeeeaaaaaaayyyy!!!!!"

paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #27: Jan 03, 2011 03:49:28 pm
      Just scored again for Notts County.

IMO we should let him stay until the end of the season. Can't do him any harm. Just make damn sure he comes back after it.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #28: Jan 03, 2011 05:10:42 pm
      A few years on loan and he could be quality for us. Always shows a forward run to the playmaker. 
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #29: Jan 03, 2011 08:01:07 pm
      He looks like a real prospect, nothing like his father as a player.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #30: Jan 04, 2011 01:50:07 am
      Decribed as a "slow burner" on football league show... Looks like his dad is getting good performances out of him, nice to see.
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #31: Jan 04, 2011 10:08:03 pm
      He wants to extend his loan spell with Notts county. To be honest, I think it's a good idea. It's obviously doing his confidence a lot of good and would only be a knock back if he came back here and went back into the reserves. Roy doesn't seem to have any faith in young talented players and would rather buy in slow older players instead.

Its important that Ince can play competitive football in the league as even league 1 or 2 standard is higher than reserve team football.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #32: Jan 04, 2011 10:38:03 pm
      He wants to extend his loan spell with Notts county. To be honest, I think it's a good idea. It's obviously doing his confidence a lot of good and would only be a knock back if he came back here and went back into the reserves. Roy doesn't seem to have any faith in young talented players and would rather buy in slow older players instead.

Its important that Ince can play competitive football in the league as even league 1 or 2 standard is higher than reserve team football.
      The way you said Roy has no faith in the younger players?

If you were manager, where and when would you play Ince??
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #33: Jan 07, 2011 10:22:11 am
      He has returned to Liverpool, his da is not happy said he returned to the club as he only has till the end of the season left on his contract and won't sign the contract the club has on the table because it is derisory.

Said he will wait till the Summer now. Have to say there is some very strange going on at the club at the moment and I'd be appalled if we lost one of our top prospects because of making such a poor offer to him.
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #34: Jan 07, 2011 10:27:19 am
      I wouldn't play Ince yet, but I certainly wouldn't shove him back in the reserves. Proper first team league football is the best experience he can have. The level is higher. So is the pressure. It will make him stronger mentally. He is very young and improving by playing at Notts county. You can see what it's doing for his confidence. Look what happened with Jack Wilshere last season. Great player who was sent out on loan to Bolton. He came back much stronger mentally as the games he was playing in were of great importAnce in front of tens of thousands of people. He did a great job for Bolton as Ince is doing for county. We should call him back when we know he is getting close to a first team place.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #35: Jan 07, 2011 10:34:41 am
      But according to his father the only reason we called him back is because he wouldn't sign a new contract. Ince Senior said he was told if he signed a new contract he would be allowed back to Notts County till the end of the season where he was meant to be excellant.

This is a very strange way of doing things and I can see us losing one of our best prosepcts here due to offering his this "derisory" contract offer.
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #36: Jan 07, 2011 10:51:07 am
      I don't get it either. Surely our club must be happy with the progress he is making at Notts County, so why would we put a stop to it by offering such a sh*te contract. I don't blame the governor. I'm a dad as well and I can imagine he's dead proud of his son and how well he has contributed to his team and how it is improving him. Then to see what a sh*te offer we have put forward.

Like you say, it's very strange and worrying.

LFC should give him a decent contract and let him see out this season on loan with his dad. It's a win win for both clubs!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #37: Jan 07, 2011 10:54:28 am
      Sort his contract out ffs.

Great little talent.

If he get's let go that will be himself and Dani that could have improved us in the future squandered.

Man we need to sort out the phase from youth to first team asap.
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #38: Jan 07, 2011 04:14:36 pm
      Sort his contract out ffs.

Great little talent.

If he get's let go that will be himself and Dani that could have improved us in the future squandered.

Man we need to sort out the phase from youth to first team asap.

This. Definetley agree this lad has bags of potential to be a great along with Pacheco. If either go it will be disastrous to our future of youth talent.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #39: Jan 07, 2011 05:00:52 pm
      Paul Ince has hit out at Liverpool by insisting his son will not their latest contract offer, which he has labelled "derisory".
      http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/1212038-notts-county-boss-paul-ince-blasts-liverpool-fc-starlets-derisory-contract-offer.html
      Eighteen-year-old Thomas was reunited with the current Notts County manager as part of a two-month loan spell but has now returned to Anfield's centre of excellence in Kirkby.

The winger's current contract expires this summer but Ince Snr feels that the offer tabled by Liverpool to renew his services does not represent the player's true value, but is conscious of straining relations with his former club in a bid to renew their previous agreement.

He said: “He has been absolutely outstanding, different class.

“We wanted to keep him here for the rest of the season. But his Liverpool contract finishes at the end of the season and they have said [only] if he signs another contract then he can come back here. They are protecting their asset [but] we have had an offer which I find derisory.

“That is it, so he is not going to sign it and will wait until the end of the season. That is disappointing. Forget about father and son, as manager to a player, the kid is going to be a top player.

Posturing or not it's a worrying development
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #40: Jan 07, 2011 05:43:56 pm
      F***ing worrying.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #41: Jan 07, 2011 08:51:32 pm
      How can we comment if we don't even know what the contract offer is as he isn't even an established first team player or pr-oven premiership player.Yes he is one of our promising young players but if he is anything like his dad he could also be asking for too much for a player at this stage of his career.
      Just a thought!!!Absolutely nobody should try to bully the club into giving their son a better contract in the media.Especially an unproven player.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #42: Mar 18, 2011 05:07:03 pm
      Think we'll see him in the first team before the end of the season.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #43: Mar 18, 2011 08:42:02 pm
      I don't care how unready he is and that he is left footed I'd have him all day on right midfield ahead of Jay Spearing
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #44: Mar 22, 2011 02:51:06 pm
      In the England u19's.
      Big Andy
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 786 posts |
      • 18 soon to be 19
      Reply #45: Apr 17, 2011 02:26:58 am
      Do whatever they can to keep this kid he is great.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #46: Apr 17, 2011 12:19:24 pm
      Rumours are he turned down the second contract offer
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #47: Jul 08, 2011 03:15:43 pm
      Just said on Sky Sports News that we have accepted 2 offers from unnamed PL teams for 250k
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #48: Jul 08, 2011 03:31:05 pm
      ^ Fulham and 2 other PL teams, shame really as i thought he would of made it here. Best of luck Tom.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #49: Jul 08, 2011 06:55:46 pm
      Can't believe we're letting him go  :o I think he's got real prospects, gutted we're not keeping him  :(
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #50: Jul 08, 2011 07:43:25 pm
      Can't believe we're letting him go  :o I think he's got real prospects, gutted we're not keeping him  :(

Wasn't there some wrangling with his father and a new contract earlier this spring? perhaps all the hassle is not worth the effort in the club's eye.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #51: Jul 08, 2011 07:45:50 pm
      Didn't he refuse to sign a new contract at Liverpool a while back?
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #52: Jul 08, 2011 07:54:49 pm
      Club shouldn't be held to ransom over any player contracts.

Good luck to him, looked like a decent little prospect.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #53: Jul 08, 2011 07:55:19 pm
      Didn't he refuse to sign a new contract at Liverpool a while back?
      His old man said the offer was 'derisory' so he wouldn't be accepting it. At the time I thought it was because he wanted him at Notts County but maybe now he's trying to do favours for someone like Mr Potato Head up at Sunderland?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,150 posts | 2780 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #54: Jul 08, 2011 08:03:02 pm
      Hes turned down 2 contract offers. See ye then.

Fact is he wont get in to our team this year and we have better young players on the books. We will survive without him  ;)
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #55: Jul 08, 2011 10:46:19 pm
      Fulham agree fee for Ince
      by DAN on JULY 8, 2011

Sky Sports are suggesting that Fulham have agreed a fee of £250,000 for Liverpool youngster Thomas Ince.

Ince, the son of the former Liverpool and England international Paul, has also been linked with a loan move to Championship side Blackpool. The 19 year-old has just made one first-team appearance for Liverpool as a substitute in their League Cup defeat to Northampton last season and spent three months on loan at Notts County, managed by his father.

Ince, who can either play as an attacking midfielder or out wide, has impressed with Liverpool’s youth and reserve sides. Reports suggest that two other Premier League sides are also interested in signing Ince, who could become another Liverpool youngster to join Fulham in recent years after the arrival of Chris Buchtmann, Lauri Dalla
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #56: Jul 08, 2011 11:46:53 pm
      Talented youngster. I would say it's a pity we're losing out only we made offers and they rejected them. Another youngster will become a legend here Thomas. Your dad has got this wrong
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #57: Jul 30, 2011 12:51:16 pm
      Apparently Ince is on his way to Blackpool on loan for the coming season, I think it will do him the power of good. Hope he is a success there, and we reap the benefits next season.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #58: Oct 18, 2011 09:58:54 pm
      Scored twice tonight for Blackpool.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #59: Oct 18, 2011 10:11:57 pm
      Has he moved permanently or was it a loan deal?
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #60: Oct 18, 2011 10:24:37 pm
      Yeah, it was a permanent deal. No longer our player.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #61: Oct 19, 2011 12:36:12 pm
      Both goals were boss last night, the second goal especially.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #62: Oct 19, 2011 12:46:00 pm
      Not even ours anymore.

Locked.

Quick Reply