Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Goodbye Arsenal?

Read 3734 times
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 806 posts |
      Goodbye Arsenal?
      Jun 25, 2007 01:06:16 pm
      Now that I've heard the news about Henry moving to Barcelona, I've been thinking....

Wenger is believed to be leaving the club, and they are down their only good striker (Henry), Gallas is also pissed at all the kids at the club.
      Is this the end for Arsenal?
      I dislike Arsenal the least of the 3 enemies of LFC because they are at least an honest club where players are loyal (mostly) and dont want to leave (mostly). I hope they come though this and stay at the most 1 or 2 places behind us on the league table.

So.......I repeat.     Is this the end of Arsenal as we know it?
      What are your thoughts?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Goodbye Arsenal?
      Reply #1: Jun 25, 2007 01:18:38 pm
      Venom-C, I think you're spot on mate.. I thought Terry Henry WAS Arsenal.....now he's left they've really only got Cesc Fabregas...if Arsene goes, they will be in real trouble. I love the way they play, always entertaining to watch but no Henry to stick it in the back of the net in that arrogant way he does, leaves them in a mssive hole...just hoping that Eto'o doesn't decide to replace him and spewing we didn't offer Arsenal 17million pounds ;)
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #2: Jun 25, 2007 01:52:39 pm
      I've got a feeling that this could be the year arch rivals Tottenham catch them up. Spurs have been getting better year on year, and in Martin Jol have one of the best managers in the Prem IMO, whilst Arsenal have been in reverse for a few years now. They were absolute idiots to get rid of David Dein, who has done some great business over the years, and this was the catalyst for Henry leaving. I expect Wenger to go next season, taking Fabregas with him, and unless they get another great manager I can see them slipping back to mid table mediocrity.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #3: Jun 25, 2007 03:53:54 pm
      yeah, I agree, I think i'll be putting a couple of quid on spurs to nick 4th place!!

shame really, I didnt mind arsenal in relation to scum and chaves
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #4: Jun 25, 2007 05:44:53 pm
      I'm not to sure, The Arsenal still have a lot of talent. This is the time when they will have to prove that they aren't just a one man team though. I've always liked Arsenal, I've always thought it was a great game when we played them, even going back to the 80's. I don't like Wenger though. I hope he gets off and Arsenal can move on.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5: Jun 26, 2007 10:26:07 am
      CH I think I agree, they play well, even without Henry, so I think they'll be ok.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #6: Jun 26, 2007 01:01:00 pm
      Losing a big name player can sometimes bolster a team.  Didn't we lose Owen and then win the Champions League.  It was certainly all doom and gloom when he left if I remember.

Don't mind the Arsenal - wouldn't go as far to say I want them to finish maybe one or two places behind us.  They've got a brand new ground, which they can fill, got a decent manager and some talented players who play some good football.  Apart from at Anfield. As long as we finish ahead of them (and every other team in the Premiership) then I'm a happy man.
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #7: Jun 26, 2007 06:38:32 pm
      Anyone who thinks this is the end of Arsenal is 'Crazy'!

They have amazing talent through-out there squad...possibly the best young talent in the premiership. 

They have a replacement lined up for Henry without a doubt.  They will have Van Persie back next season.  Gallas was missing for a long while...that adobiyor (however you spell it) looks a skillful creative chap.

They'll be up there...and they have a magnificent stadium...that they could sell on ebay!
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 806 posts |
      Reply #8: Jun 27, 2007 08:53:18 am
      I think they can recover from losing henry because of the other talent in the side but losing Wenger?

Wenger is probabally the best when it comes to managing young stars, even better than benitez, fergie and mourinho himself. I just dont think there is another manager who can handle that bunch.

PS. thanx for your posts guys
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #9: Jul 02, 2007 03:14:32 pm
      On the one hand, you've got all the players coming through who are certainties to shine when their time comes!

But on the other, the man who can shape these youngsters into stars is probably following David Dein and Terry Henry out the door - the other two most influential aspects of Arsenal! If all three are gone, then Arsenal will just have to rely on their new stadium and a hopefully capable new manager to keep them up our end of the table!

I agree, I can see Tottenham overthrowing them this season! But in a few seasons time when all these players with potential finally begin to shine I can see another surge from them! I don't mind Arsenal, as long as they're behind us!  :P
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #10: Jul 02, 2007 08:39:11 pm
      Anyone who thinks this is the end of Arsenal is 'Crazy'!

They have amazing talent through-out there squad...possibly the best young talent in the premiership. 

They have a replacement lined up for Henry without a doubt.  They will have Van Persie back next season.  Gallas was missing for a long while...that adobiyor (however you spell it) looks a skillful creative chap.

They'll be up there...and they have a magnificent stadium...that they could sell on ebay!

Adebayor will miss a lot of the season touring with his band, Outkast.

Andre 3000                               Adebayor

:D :D :D
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 806 posts |
      Reply #11: Jul 03, 2007 08:57:05 am
      ^good one eddie, Ive had my belly laugh for the day now! Hahahahaha
      LFC Gary
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #12: Jul 09, 2007 11:09:42 pm
      Adebayor will miss a lot of the season touring with his band, Outkast.

Andre 3000                               Adebayor

:D :D :D

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply