Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Fustrated: Voice your concern about the poor summer thus far...

Read 2206 times
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 430 posts | -12 
      Fustrated: Voice your concern about the poor summer thus far...
      Jun 27, 2007 04:16:53 am
      The mancs have already spent 53 million on players so far...what have we done??
      To be honest, I believe that we're going to leave it too late and run out of time to buy players. I also believe that we do not attain the funds to buy quality players, and I very much doubt we will spend 50 million pounds as promised buy the yanks.
      I'd hate to be pessemistic, but so far, I really dont like our chances in gaining the services of world class players...the best thing that has happened is stevie g, alonso, carragher and reina signing long-term contracts....
      « Last Edit: Jun 27, 2007 04:19:08 am by scouser_10 »
      Rhys.a.red.
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      • Everywhere leads to somewhere
      Re: Fustrated: Voice your concern about the poor summer thus far...
      Reply #1: Jun 27, 2007 07:46:36 am
      Understand how you feel, However we have do what BON JOVI do...........

KEEP THE FAITH  :action-smiley-035: :action-smiley-035: :action-smiley-035:
      liam158
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts | -4 
      Reply #2: Jun 27, 2007 09:15:50 am
      TRUE!!! KEEP THE FAITH!!! :action-smiley-035: :action-smiley-035: :action-smiley-035: :action-smiley-035:
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #3: Jun 27, 2007 09:49:12 am
      The mancs have already spent 53 million on players so far...what have we done??

We have a deal for Lucas Leiva we have signed Krisztian Nemeth and Andras Simon whilst also arranging a partnership with their club MTK Budapest and Sebastián Leto has finally arrived after signing in January.Besides that we have tied down the players you mentioned-Gerrard, Alonso, Carragher and Reina to long term contracts. Also the club from the owners and the manager down to the bloody cleaner have told us they are working on deals and that is good enough for me, god only knows what you are like waiting for your Christmas presents!

To be honest, I believe that we're going to leave it too late and run out of time to buy players.

It is the end of June and as far as I know the transfer window doesn't shut till the end of August so we have about two months to bring players in, now if a deal is done quickly it could probably take a couple of days but if there are major negotiations taking place it can take a couple of weeks at least either way I think you will agree there is still plenty of time left and there is no need for you to wet your pants till mid August at least!

I also believe that we do not attain the funds to buy quality players, and I very much doubt we will spend 50 million pounds as promised buy the yanks.

Mr Hick's and Mr Gillet are our club's owners and not “the yank’s” as you revel in calling them I mean what did you call Mr Moores when he was chairman “that scouser” by any chance?
      As far as I recall I don't think anyone put a figure on what was to be spent by the club? and the only figures being thrown around are by doughnuts who believe the clueless media and rags of newspapers fantasy tales.

I'd hate to be pessemistic, but so far, I really dont like our chances in gaining the services of world class players...the best thing that has happened is stevie g, alonso, carragher and reina signing long-term contracts....

You say you don't rate our chances of signing world class players frankly that statement stuns me as you have absolutely no evidence to back up that opinion and all you are doing is feeding the doom and gloom merchants who seem to love the idea of all being crap at Anfield. You would hate to be pessimistic would you? Well stop posting sh**e like this then as to be honest it's not constructive in any shape or form.

Mods do you think you could set up some sort of Samaritans page for the more nervous fan's?  ;D
      liam158
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts | -4 
      Reply #4: Jun 27, 2007 09:51:34 am
      we meen good players none off them player have proved them selfs.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #5: Jun 27, 2007 09:55:07 am
      we meen good players none off them player have proved them selfs.

No he said what have we done!, we have re signed the best goalkeeper,defender and two of the best midfielders in the country and now we are in the process of signing new players mainly from a league who finished their season last week. FFS!
      « Last Edit: Jun 27, 2007 10:25:41 am by Glenbuck »
      liam158
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts | -4 
      Reply #6: Jun 27, 2007 09:58:46 am
      Ye i suppose Riena, Carrahger, Gerrard and alonso are all big signings.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #7: Jun 27, 2007 11:40:04 am
      Good post as usual Glenbuck.

I wish all these panic worshipers would just stop creating as you call doom and gloom in the lack of potential signings.
      Again, we are Liverpool, no potential targets have been bought by others (don't cry on about Henry - let's be realistic).
      There will be work going on behind the scenes for signing people, so PLEASE be patient like the rest of us and wait.

Any more so called topics regarging the lack of transfers brought in will be locked immeadiatly.
      THE MESSIAH
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 471 posts | 20 
      • "and on the seventh day.....there shall be Kenny"
      Reply #8: Jun 27, 2007 02:06:30 pm
      transfers brought in will be locked immeadiatly

Tut Tut mrtommo.........ever thought of pressing that spell check button.

immediately !!
      Kofansatboston
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #9: Jun 27, 2007 03:39:20 pm
      We feel frustrated b/c we realized that the current team will not bring us the title, that's why we need new signing.
      So, how did " If we did we have re signed the best goalkeeper,defender and two of the best midfielders in the country " help us to not feeling frustrated?  or you think the current team will bring us the title?
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #10: Jun 27, 2007 04:52:40 pm
      We feel frustrated b/c we realized that the current team will not bring us the title, that's why we need new signing.
      So, how did " If we did we have re signed the best goalkeeper,defender and two of the best midfielders in the country " help us to not feeling frustrated?  or you think the current team will bring us the title?

I would ask you to read all my post as i did try to explain it to all you pessimists as clearly as possible if you still don't get my point then i am sorry, but i will not try and explain it any longer as you lot already have me in therapy as it is.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #11: Jun 27, 2007 05:00:14 pm
      People need to stop reading the papers! The media kicks all of this off! We haven't spent £53m yet, because we do not operate in that manner!

Who cares what the Manc's have done? Focus on the good things that have been achieved in these few passing weeks! There's a few more of 'em yet before the window shuts so jump off the bandwagon kids! Chill out!

>:D
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #12: Jun 27, 2007 05:05:04 pm
      Just chill.the whole market bar the urinals and the chavs free signings,the market is really slow.The Henry thing should start things off.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #13: Jun 27, 2007 08:59:07 pm
      Oh great, another thread complaining that we haven't signed anyone yet.

Man Utd have signed a couple of promising youngsters & a relatively experienced player from the Bundesliga, they've spent a lot of money on them but don't they always? None of their players are worth the prices they've paid so let them get on with it. We've signed a few promising youngsters and one relatively experienced (admittedly not quite as good) player from the Bundesliga. What are people whinging about? The fact that we didn't pay hugely inflated prices? Because that seems to be the only major difference to me.

What has happened to a lot of our fans anyway? We've always prided ourselves on being different, we've left it to the bitters & mancs to watch our every move & just focused on our own business. Now all I see is posts whinging about what Man Utd have done, almost to the point of being as obssessive as we accuse Evertonians. We should have more class than that, we're Liverpool FC, not just any old club.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #14: Jun 28, 2007 02:41:39 am
      Oh great, another thread complaining that we haven't signed anyone yet.

Man Utd have signed a couple of promising youngsters & a relatively experienced player from the Bundesliga, they've spent a lot of money on them but don't they always? None of their players are worth the prices they've paid so let them get on with it. We've signed a few promising youngsters and one relatively experienced (admittedly not quite as good) player from the Bundesliga. What are people whinging about? The fact that we didn't pay hugely inflated prices? Because that seems to be the only major difference to me.

What has happened to a lot of our fans anyway? We've always prided ourselves on being different, we've left it to the bitters & mancs to watch our every move & just focused on our own business. Now all I see is posts whinging about what Man Utd have done, almost to the point of being as obssessive as we accuse Evertonians. We should have more class than that, we're Liverpool FC, not just any old club.

Too right, and it's that same minority of people that are rambling on about it all the time.  My message to the likes of forumers like Scouser_10 who started this thread is that, we should remain calm.  I'm sure one morning we will wake up to a new arrival!
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #15: Jun 29, 2007 02:34:27 am
      Too right, and it's that same minority of people that are rambling on about it all the time.  My message to the likes of forumers like Scouser_10 who started this thread is that, we should remain calm.  I'm sure one morning we will wake up to a new arrival!
      I hope your right....but its getting really fustrating and the suspense is building each day.
      we have to remember that we're not the best starter's in the EPL...we manage to drop easy points early on in the season that affect us at the end.
      And im fustrated as we need to build a team early on in pre-season so they can gel together, hence, hoping to prevent our poor early-season form.

I just wanna kick Chevski's a** in round 3!!!!

Quick Reply