Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Wayne Bridge (Manchester City)

Read 7098 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Wayne Bridge (Manchester City)
      Reply #69: Jul 23, 2010 12:37:44 pm
      How much is Capdevila?
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #70: Jul 23, 2010 12:54:17 pm

He is better and more expensive. Bridge is not as good and cheaper. Not having a left back is all free and pretty shitty.

Would you mind spelling out your point, if you have one, instead of such a half-funny-semi-mysterious statement. You did already point out that you dont rate him.
      « Last Edit: Jul 23, 2010 01:02:28 pm by TotheMax »
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #71: Jul 23, 2010 12:58:55 pm
      Not overly satisfied with this link. I mean, if we get him, i wouldn't say no but i am not sure if he is up to the talent that we are looking for.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #72: Jul 23, 2010 01:13:22 pm
      He is better and more expensive. Bridge is not as good and cheaper. Not having a left back is all free and pretty shitty.

Would you mind spelling out your point, if you have one, instead of such a half-funny-semi-mysterious statement. You did already point out that you dont rate him.

Seriously? I thought as we were on the subject of left-backs it'd be worth popping his name into the hat, and why not?

He's the sort of left-back we need; a flying one. Pacey, good with the ball. Everything that Bridge... ain't.

But if you want the complete truth, it was called irony. Basically what I was saying was that we'll never be able to afford him, because he'd be an expensive player. And we have bad owners. If you don't get it, don't comment.
      « Last Edit: Jul 23, 2010 01:22:40 pm by Reslivo »
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #73: Jul 23, 2010 01:56:58 pm
      Seriously? I thought as we were on the subject of left-backs it'd be worth popping his name into the hat, and why not?

He's the sort of left-back we need; a flying one. Pacey, good with the ball. Everything that Bridge... ain't.

But if you want the complete truth, it was called irony. Basically what I was saying was that we'll never be able to afford him, because he'd be an expensive player. And we have bad owners. If you don't get it, don't comment.

I thought we were on the subject of the Wayne Bridge to Liverpool rumour, but I must have misinterpreted the title of this thread.

I thought one of the following was the proper place for dreaming about left backs/players we cant afford:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=31681.0

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=28204.0

There are also plenty of threads to discuss the bad ownership. And if you have an opinion about Bridge, Capdevilla and what type of left back we need but cant be bothered typing more than 4 words to explain yourself, then I dont think you should post at all. I find it an insult to other users who write well argued posts about why they think Bridge is a good addition to our team if the price is right.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #74: Jul 23, 2010 02:00:10 pm
      Mate we often wander off topic in threads, but we get them back to the subject matter in the end. :)
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #75: Jul 23, 2010 02:02:27 pm
      I believe Bridge is a back-up Left back, and I think we will buy another if we do sign him. He puts a decent shift the majority of the time and is most definitely an improvement from Insua. So I think Bridge and maybe someone like Taiwo or Figueroa will be signed to solve the left back problem that we have.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #76: Jul 23, 2010 02:07:02 pm
      If we do sign Bridge, he won't be signed as a backup I'm afraid.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #77: Jul 23, 2010 02:08:03 pm
      If we do sign Bridge, he won't be signed as a backup I'm afraid.

Thats what i am afraid off. Certainly, as a back-up, he would be suitable but to play week-in-week-out i think is beyond him.
      dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Reply #78: Jul 23, 2010 02:14:32 pm
      Thats what I am afraid off. Certainly, as a back-up, he would be suitable but to play week-in-week-out I think is beyond him.

Shouldn't be mate

I think everyone needs to ignore his performances last season because his head must have been a shed

He is a decent,solid defender and he would do a good job (IMO)
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #79: Jul 23, 2010 02:29:11 pm
      Shouldn't be mate

I think everyone needs to ignore his performances last season because his head must have been a shed

He is a decent,solid defender and he would do a good job (IMO)

Agree. His 5 and a half fine years for Chelsea (and Fulham loan) shouldnt be forgotten because he had one shitty season for City. Also the Terry saga plus City's ever changing defence and team in general probably didnt help him either last season. I thought he was excellent when he played for Chelsea.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #80: Jul 23, 2010 02:33:10 pm
      I guess he would "Bridge" the gap at the back ;D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #81: Jul 23, 2010 02:38:18 pm
      Well with Insua's deal expected to be finalised today, who ever the left back we are interested in I expect some movement on it over the coming days.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #82: Jul 23, 2010 02:47:53 pm
      ESPNsoccernet has been told that Wayne Bridge has been assured his future remains at Eastlands despite the imminent arrival of left-back Aleksandr Kolarov and rumoured interest from Liverpool.

City will spend £17 million on Serbian defender Kolarov and the deal has led to speculation linking the 29-year-old Bridge with a move to Liverpool, as new boss Roy Hodgson is on the lookout for a new left back after the departures of Emiliano Insua and Fabio Aurelio.

However, Bridge, who declined to be included in England's World Cup squad because of a well-publicised fall-out with John Terry, naturally has sought clarification about his future with Manchester City and has been told he will not be sold.

''Wayne Bridge has been told by Manchester City that he is not for sale, that the manager wants two players for every position,'' a source told Soccernet. "That's fine by Wayne who is very happy at Manchester City with three years left on his current contract, having been there for one-and-a-half years already.''

Liverpool are still likely to push to sign the experienced defender, who may ultimately grow tired of finding himself in a similar position to the one that drove him out of Chelsea, and the source maintained that a move could yet happen.

''We all know in football that the situation can change,'' he said. ''If Liverpool are serious, and get some money in by selling one of their big stars, they could make an offer for Wayne, and who knows then if the situation changes."

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #83: Jul 23, 2010 03:01:57 pm
      ''Wayne Bridge has been told by Manchester City that he is not for sale, that the manager wants two players for every position,'' a source told Soccernet. "That's fine by Wayne who is very happy at Manchester City with three years left on his current contract, having been there for one-and-a-half years already.''

A source told Soccernet? Come on. Media bollocks once more.
      glines
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts |
      Reply #84: Aug 06, 2010 09:15:12 am
      and yet we're linked with him (and Shaun Wright Phillips) again:

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/08/05/liverpool-plan-cut-price-12m-manchester-city-duo-raid-hodgson-interested-in-wright-phillips-and-bridge/

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is rumoured to be lining up a move to bring cut price Manchester City pair Shaun Wright-Phillips and Wayne Bridge to Anfield. The newly installed manager is looking to bring in more quality additions to his squad but is having to work with a restricted budget but believes that Roberto Mancini’s need to trim his weighty Eastlands squad could help secure the England international pair on the cheap.
      The former Chelsea pair are both not likely to be first team starters next term and could well be interested in a move to the Merseyside club where they could reignite their flagging careers and perhaps even revive hope of an international future.
      Roy Hodgson is keen on inject more experienced talent into his line up and could well be in need of a new left back. Fabio Aurelio was recalled back to the club and Emiliano Insua is yet to conclude his deal to join Fiorentina but arguably Bridge would be a player who would ease nicely into the full back spot.
      The club has also would also benefit from some more natural width and given that Shaun Wright-Philips plays chiefly on the right this could give Dirk Kuyt the chance to revert back to his natural position of out and out forward. The pint sized 28 year old would also add some more creativity to the club’s midfield and still has a great turn of pace and an eye for goal.
      The pair could be snapped up for as little as £12m as Roberto Mancini looks to cut his squad ahead of the new 25 player Premier League limit.
      =======

I wouldn't be unhappy with this deal. Setting aside the playing talents of the 2 players involved, It would certainly help the homegrown quota and also, as the article states, allow Kuyt to be the backup for Nando (in the current system) or alongside, should we play with two up top.

Bridge coming would surely see an Insua deal be pushed through.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,875 posts | 165 
      Reply #85: Aug 06, 2010 12:21:18 pm
      Not SWP plz all he does is run up his own backside.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #86: Aug 06, 2010 12:28:21 pm
      I assume this has been dropped now that Aurelio has re-signed and Kelly is looking promising?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #87: Aug 06, 2010 01:53:21 pm
      I wouldnt have minded signing him on the cheap..before we resigned Fabio and also with Martin Kelly more then able to fill that role I think this deal would be best left on the shelf
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #88: Aug 30, 2010 05:29:28 pm
      Just saw on skybet and I have no idea why but he's 1/2  to join us... Confusing eh?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #89: Aug 30, 2010 05:37:24 pm
      Extremely confusing when we are signing Konchesky
      bigmack123
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 170 posts |
      Reply #90: Aug 30, 2010 05:46:49 pm
      Theyve also got us on Adebayor, A Young and Parker