Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Make or Break Season - Rafa?

Read 1534 times
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Make or Break Season - Rafa?
      Jun 27, 2007 03:22:03 pm
      Hi - My first post - Yippee!  How many "hope it's your last"...will there be....?

They talk about a 5 year plan...but I honestly feel this is make or break for Rafa....

He's had enough time to get on board the players he wanted...ok, some have not happened due to financial reasons, but he cannot complain...

He's wnated to do it his way...Crouch, Zone-all marking, Squad rotation, Gerrard on the right, Zendon, Kromkamp ect

If we do not seriously challenge this season...and i mean within 5 points or Champs...then I think his time may be up!

This isn't meant to be negative...just a view
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Re: Make or Break Season - Rafa?
      Reply #1: Jun 27, 2007 03:26:49 pm
      Bit of a strong view?? I dont think its make or break, more of a closer than before season!

I think now we've hopefully got money and in theroy should be able to mount a sustained challenge this season I think it will be another season in 3rd but closer than this year then next season (08/09) I think will be the make or break season as he would have had 2 seasons with a decent transfer budget and that should be enough the get the premiership......

:)
      « Last Edit: Jun 27, 2007 03:28:54 pm by priesty10 »
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #2: Jun 27, 2007 03:29:21 pm
      i think you may be right...was a little strong of me!

Think before you write Richobaz!
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #3: Jun 27, 2007 03:46:46 pm
      I appreciate your opinion mate but I disagree on your make or break season assessment on Rafa. Europe I am sure you will agree Rafa has pretty well sorted two finals in three years is testament to that, so that would leave the lack of progress in the League as probably the only reason some doubters may start to lack faith that he is the man to lead us to title glory.

I have an opposite view to you in that I don’t think Rafa has been able to compete at the higher levels of the transfer market and has quite honestly been reduced to shopping at the oops section of Asda instead of Harrods but with these players he has against the odds won the champions league and when some people thought that was a fluke we get to the final again only to lose through our own inability to score (and a dodgy ref ;D).
      The point I am making is if he can achieve so much in three years whilst trying to cement foundations for the future surely he can’t be given a deadline for the league trophy yet although I too would expect major in roads into the MUFC and Chelsea points totals this year I will no means be calling for him to go if we fall short again especially if we can see some sort of progress in the Club and team as a whole.
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #4: Jun 27, 2007 03:49:28 pm
      I actually agree with you Glenbuck...I was very hasty in my views!
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #5: Jun 27, 2007 04:02:16 pm
      I actually agree with you Glenbuck...I was very hasty in my views!

It's a good idea for a topic mate because if we didn't have different views and opinions this wouldn't be a forum would it?  just don't start any topics about us heading for the championship because we haven't signed anyone yet! ;D

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #6: Jun 27, 2007 04:49:28 pm
      Bit hasty and rash like Richobaz, and Glenbuck I agree mate! We're not that type of club, just sacking managers for a lack of extreme progress!

I could sit and type a load of opinions but you've already beat me to it Glen  ;D Good work my friend!  ;)
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #7: Jun 27, 2007 05:07:04 pm
      we have just got to be patient with this one.Rome wasnt built in a day.
      Richobaz
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #8: Jun 27, 2007 05:56:48 pm
      Another way to look at it!  If Liverpool fail to achieve 'greatness' this season...will Rafa stay...or will Madrid finally get there man.

Hypothetical I know!
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #9: Jun 27, 2007 06:49:58 pm
      i think rafa is in charge of his own destimy.  if he wants to leave he will leave, if he wants to stay he will stay.  i dont think the yanks or rp would try to force him out.  at the end of the day, i reckon it'll all come down to if the yanks keep their promise to get their chequebook out if he comes askin'.
      AggerDoo
      Reply #10: Jun 28, 2007 09:09:18 pm
      Yeah definetly need to produce the good in the premier league maybe 1 more year after this just get colser to the scumbags. he is still one of the best managers in the world.
      However I dont think a goatee is going to help!!!!
      « Last Edit: Jun 29, 2007 05:05:20 pm by AggerDoo »
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #11: Jun 28, 2007 09:44:40 pm
      Good idea for a topic but if Rafa goes who could take his place ???

Is there seriously many better managers out there who are better than him and would they come to us ??? Could we be certain they would be the ones who would better what Rafa can do ???

ManUre And Chavski have stolen a lead on us on the way to go about winning the league...Serious investment. We now have it (although we are waiting to see any of it). So I don't expect any league title for the next year or so until we have competed in the market the way they have been doing.

I think we should give Rafa as much time as he likes as if he leaves, any chance of winning the league leaves with him.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #12: Jun 29, 2007 08:17:24 am
      Well Madrid have just appointed a new coach, so that will put to bed any speculation concerning Rafa and Real Madrid for... ooohhh  about 3 months.
      TINHEAD14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #13: Jun 29, 2007 09:06:06 am
      How funny is rafa's goatee!! get in Rafa lad
      bobbins
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #14: Jun 29, 2007 11:06:53 am
      He looks a bit like max from max and paddy.

Quick Reply