Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Liverpool's official shirt sponsor till 2009 / 10 finally revealed.

Read 1408 times
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Liverpool's official shirt sponsor till 2009 / 10 finally revealed.
      Jun 27, 2007 04:33:02 pm
      Carlsberg has extended its partnership with Liverpool FC as Official Club Sponsor for a further three years to the end of the 2009/10 season. 
      Carlsberg has been the Main Club Sponsor of Liverpool since 1992, the longest club partnership in The Premiership.

"The Carlsberg and Liverpool partnership is one of the longest and most successful in football, based on trust and mutual respect," said Rick Parry, Chief Executive, Liverpool FC.

"We share a commitment to excellence in our respective fields and we look forward to building an even stronger relationship as we move forwards."

Keld Strudahl, International Marketing Director, Carlsberg, said: "Carlsberg is very determined to support Liverpool in its ambition of continuous improving the team.

"We hope to see an even stronger performance and hopefully some more trophies in the next three years. Carlsberg's continued involvement with the club enables us to jointly build on our relationships with the international fan community.

"Also, we have great respect for Liverpool FC's new owners and are looking forward to continue our good relationship with the club and further add to the strong bond that has developed with the club, players, staff and fans over the years."

The new agreement will allow the continuation of joint marketing initiatives for the mutual benefit of the club and community, as well as to utilise the partnership internationally. As Official Club Sponsor, Carlsberg receives a significant rights package ensuring a global reach including the Far East, Scandinavia and Eastern Europe markets, as well as the core markets of Western Europe. 

Link : http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N156232070627-1356.htm

Pretty happy with them, but as yet heard no official figures.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Liverpool's official shirt sponsor till 2009 / 10 finally revealed.
      Reply #1: Jun 27, 2007 04:44:54 pm
      I'm glad it's not changing for now! It'd be quite weird not seeing Carlsberg! As long as we're getting enough money and they're not going to hold us to ransom by stalling on deals then it's fine by me!  8)
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #2: Jun 27, 2007 05:08:49 pm
      At least this stops all the speculation,i hope we haven't undersold ourselves,Mr Parry i hope you've done a good deal this time and not stitched us up.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #3: Jun 27, 2007 05:47:14 pm
      Is this not quite old news? If the official site is having to re-dig old news stories to try and make us forgot we haven't signed anyone then I'm not buying it.

As a reminder - Carlsberg wanted 5 years, but the reds stipulated that the contract should end before the new stadium opened.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #4: Jun 27, 2007 06:01:42 pm
      Is this not quite old news?

i thought that, as the old contract expired at the end of the season just finished - correct me if im wrong - then the deal must have been agreed long ago for the new kits to be produced and released
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #5: Jun 28, 2007 09:25:26 am
      I thought it was old news as well as i am sure this story did the rounds in February either way renewing with Carlsberg may turn out to be a shrewd bit of business as the deal is only for three years so it will run out just as the club may be looking for a sponsor to buy the naming rights for the new ground (whether we like it or not!) Although I would add I think compared to other clubs our deal has always lagged behind in comparison to other teams shirt deals and if the rumoured £8m for three years is true I would be worried that the deal is smaller than even Tottenham’s.

Man U–AIG £14m a year
      Spurs £8.5 a year
      Arsenal £100m - stadium naming rights and eight year shirt sponsorship
      Samsung - Chelsea, £10m a year

Tamoil - Juventus, £15m a year
      BenQ - Real Madrid, £14m a year
      T-Mobile - Bayern Munich, £11.4m a year

As I say I can probably accept getting less than some of the teams mentioned, but either Rick Parry has sold us short again (would the new owners stand by and watch that happen?) or was there no competition for Carlsberg at all and we had to take the only offer on the table? I can only surmise that it was the best deal we could get for three years and something bigger is lurking in the background for when this deal runs out in 2010 as I get the feeling that we may then move on from Carlsberg to a new sponsor.
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #6: Jun 28, 2007 08:50:27 pm
      I thought it was old news as well as I am sure this story did the rounds in February either way renewing with Carlsberg may turn out to be a shrewd bit of business as the deal is only for three years so it will run out just as the club may be looking for a sponsor to buy the naming rights for the new ground (whether we like it or not!) Although I would add I think compared to other clubs our deal has always lagged behind in comparison to other teams shirt deals and if the rumoured £8m for three years is true I would be worried that the deal is smaller than even Tottenham’s.

Man U–AIG £14m a year
      Spurs £8.5 a year
      Arsenal £100m - stadium naming rights and eight year shirt sponsorship
      Samsung - Chelsea, £10m a year

Tamoil - Juventus, £15m a year
      BenQ - Real Madrid, £14m a year
      T-Mobile - Bayern Munich, £11.4m a year

As I say I can probably accept getting less than some of the teams mentioned, but either Rick Parry has sold us short again (would the new owners stand by and watch that happen?) or was there no competition for Carlsberg at all and we had to take the only offer on the table? I can only surmise that it was the best deal we could get for three years and something bigger is lurking in the background for when this deal runs out in 2010 as I get the feeling that we may then move on from Carlsberg to a new sponsor.

I'm shocked to read the above...surely business is about getting the most money/profit where possible.  So obviously Glenbuck has a point that there are no other offers on the table.

Which isn't good is it!

But...give it a year or so and will have a fast food joint on our shirts rather than a beer!

Quick Reply