Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool sign Nikolay Mihaylov

Read 2483 times
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,375 posts |
      Liverpool sign Nikolay Mihaylov
      Jun 27, 2007 08:07:16 pm

Liverpool have almost completed the signing of the Bulgarian Under-21 goalkeeper - Nikolay Mihaylov.

The player who turns 19 tomorrow is set to sign for Liverpool on a three year deal.

The player himself said:

“I have no words. This is the greatest moment of my life.”

The player has been on Merseyside where he has been undergoing a medical.

His father, who is head of the Bulgarian FA, is delighted.

“Nikolay had a medical and we are waiting for the results right now. If all goes well, he will sign a three-year deal, with an option to extend it for another two seasons.”

Mihaylov arrives from Levski Sofia.

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2007/06/27/liverpool-sign-mihaylov/
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Re: Liverpool sign Nikolay Mihaylov
      Reply #1: Jun 27, 2007 08:23:55 pm
      has anyone actually seen him play? he's very young so he does have a lot of time to become good.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #2: Jun 27, 2007 09:14:41 pm
      Scottie Carson will have his work cut out this season !!  ;)  And Nikolay looks a bit of alright to me !!  Pity he's only 19, the words cradle and snatch come to mind  >:D  ;D ;D
      LFC FOR ME
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #3: Jun 27, 2007 09:21:45 pm
      With Pepe Reina and Carson being fairly young blokes I cant see why we need to buy this guy.  If he truns out to be good that would be great but Id prefer whoever has been over there signing him from the liverpool boardroom to have been somewhere else signing some quality outfield players.  Best of luck to him though, its a dream move for sure.
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #4: Jun 27, 2007 09:27:26 pm
      hope this in't the signing raffa wanted in for the start of pre - season!  best of luck to the lad though, hope he does well.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #5: Jun 27, 2007 10:28:35 pm
      good luck to the lad ,,but lets hope its not a move to offload carson again  hope not
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #6: Jun 28, 2007 11:48:49 am
      Cant see why we need him if Carson is staying next season.
      bobbins
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #7: Jun 28, 2007 12:15:52 pm
      Wasn't this the fella who cocked right up in the champs league last year, went to kick it clear and sliced it in i think, nevermind, another young player signed up, bring  more in i say
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #8: Jun 28, 2007 01:29:03 pm
      this is a good thing carson will eventually leave so we need cover
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #9: Jun 28, 2007 01:46:30 pm
      Wasn't this the fella who cocked right up in the champs league last year, went to kick it clear and sliced it in i think, nevermind, another young player signed up, bring  more in i say

I think your right there mate, also seen he conceded 5 against the mighty scots  :laugh:
      Kofansatboston
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #10: Jun 28, 2007 02:58:47 pm
      I think your right there mate, also seen he conceded 5 against the mighty scots  :laugh:
      Levski Sofia coach Stanimir Stoilov has backed young goalkeeper Nicolay Mihailov following his mistake in the UEFA Champions League defeat to Werder Bremen on Tuesday.

Mihailov conceded an own goal on 33 minutes of the Group A clash after failing to control a back pass from Lucio Wagner on his goal line.

The 18-year-old was booed by home fans in the final minutes of the first half before being replaced by Bozhidar Mitrev at half time.

Despite hauling Mihailov off after just 45 minutes against Bremen, Stoilov is adamant the youngster still has a future at the club, but admits he will have to wait for his next opportunity.

"I thought he was playing very well until that happened," Stoilov said. "We don't have to write off young players just because they are making errors.

"He will continue to be part of the team but now he'll have to be much more responsible, to work much harder and to wait for his revenge."

Stoilov believes the blunder turned the game on its head after his side had made an impressive start to the game.

"It was a pity as Werder got their opener when we looked like the better side on the field," he continued.

"But we are lacking experience and self confidence.

"It was shocking, we conceded the goal and then we were knocked out in the quickest possible way.

"Unfortunately, the big teams waste no time in punishing such mistakes."

The 3-0 defeat saw Sofia crash out of the competition with two group games remaining.

The Bulgarians are still looking for their first points of the campaign and striker Hristo Yovov admits his side are not at the required level.

Yovov added: "It was a good lesson for us, the Germans were the better side and they deserved to win.

"It's obvious that we're still not strong enough to compete in the Champions League.

"We've lost any chance of progressing but we'll have to show some good football in the remaining matches."

Yes this is him, who got sub out at the half time~~~
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdOt8TqU4YU

Check him out~

Quick Reply