Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

V8 Supercars Australia

Read 2517 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      V8 Supercars Australia
      Jun 10, 2010 10:22:04 pm
      Anyone else watch this much - particularly Aussies? I'm not a diehard racing supporter, though I do enjoy most forms of it - but I love our V8 Supercar series. Holden v Ford, it just doesn't get any better. Spectacular races, spectacular crashes, just is always fun to watch. Used to go to the opening race of the series in Adelaide every year since I was 15 up until this year cos I was in America, f**king fantastic it was. Road tripped to Bathurst with some friends in 2008 as well.

Mark Skaife was always my favorite driver, being a Holden man. Bathurst 2005 probably my all-time favorite race.

So, anyone else or just me? :D

« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2010 05:53:05 pm by CRK, Reason: Massive picture, now smaller »
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Re: V8 Supercars Australia
      Reply #1: Jun 10, 2010 10:25:53 pm
      I only watch it occassionaly as motorsport really isn't my thing.

Oh and go Ford. ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,608 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2: Jun 10, 2010 10:26:03 pm
      Skaife is a legend. Watch Bathurst every year. Love the factory holdens. What do you think of Ambrose leaving for Nascar
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #3: Jun 10, 2010 10:32:40 pm
      Brilliant race isn't it? 1000km of pure energy, loved waking up at 9am every year to watch the race, then being there in 2008 was something else. Walked around the track at night pissed as a fart as well, and believe me going up and down that hill, its F***ing steep and windy. Whole new respect for the drivers when you actually walk that track and see what its like!

And i got to quickly meet Skaife once, wasn't too personable but he had just finished a practice run and was rushing back to his trailer so i didn't think much of it :D

Ambrose to NASCAR i reckon was good for him, he's a good driver and has made some good results in NASCAR as well. I reckon with the right team he could be a lot better as well.

Hated the guy when he raced in Oz though :D

And Dmasta:

F.ound
      O.n
      R.ubbish
      D.umps

;D
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #4: Jun 10, 2010 10:37:36 pm
      Skaife is a pr**k , just ask any of the other drivers . Not a well liked man by his peers .
      Ambrose is doin quite well in Nascar , good move for him
      I've driven on the Bathurst track , it is a public road (all be it with a 60kph/40mph) speed limit)
      and it is F***ing awesome , i was in my little 1.3 litre Corolla  :lmao: thrashin the sh*t outta it , luckily there were no coppers around . It wasn't much fun headin up the mountain in my little pissant car , but goin down ...... WOW . The cutting ( that bit just as you start headin down the mountain with the two massively  cambered chicaned corners ) is amazing . I couldn't imagine how F***ing brilliant it would be to drive the track in a racecar ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,608 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5: Jun 10, 2010 10:38:25 pm
      I didnt like him when he was with the stone brothers but he actually does really well in the real circuits in the states. My mate brought me a holden shirt back from oz. Girlfriend hates it but it rocks
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #6: Jun 10, 2010 10:42:50 pm
      Hey bigv ya cheeky pr**k ;) it is -

F irst
      O n
      R ace
      D ay
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #7: Jun 10, 2010 10:47:38 pm
      Hey bigv ya cheeky pr**k ;) it is -

F irst
      O n
      R ace
      D ay

Hehe ;D Don't ya love the rivalry though? Brilliant getting stuck into Ford fans at the track :D Me and a few mates ran around at the Clipsal 500 a couple years back with Holden flags on our backs as capes yelling "Holden man, here to save the world from the shitness of Fords!"

We actually literally had to run away from a couple of fat cu*ts who didn't really see the humor in it :D

There's actually talk that Rick Kelly may race one NASCAR race this season for Red Bull, because of his affiliation with them. Something about the original driver in NASCAR being injured, and then his cover also being unavailable for one race. Would be very interested in how that went!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #8: Jun 18, 2010 05:50:53 pm
      I swear I never read this thread before my comments in the Car Appreciation thread! :D Uncanny!

I've only caught glimpses of the V8 series (Aussie Touring Cars, basically what it is) but it looked class and lot more down to earth than the other racing brackets you see.

I'll have to start watching it. :D 
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #9: Jun 18, 2010 06:22:54 pm
      Yep, get into it mate ;D I miss going to the races, used to love the annual Adelaide race.

One thing that this sport in particular produces is great crashes - crash #10 and #7 are both races i was at as well.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Quick Reply