Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Carlos Salcido (Fulham)

Read 9921 times
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Carlos Salcido (Fulham)
      Jul 25, 2010 09:06:52 pm
      Liverpool FC target PSV Eindhoven's Carlos Salcido as left-back search continues

by Richard Buxton. Published Sun 25 Jul 2010 19:45, Last updated: 2010-07-25

Liverpool are considering a move for Carlos Salcido as they continue their search for a new left-back.

Fabio Aurelio left the club earlier this summer and Emiliano Insua's imminent sale to Fiorentina will see Roy Hodgson going into Thursday's Europa League qualifier with FC Rabotnicki without a first-choice player on the left-hand side of defence.

Having previously turned their attentions to Fulham's Paul Konchesky, Wigan Athletic's Maynor Figueroa and Manchester City full-back Wayne Bridge, the Reds have identified Salcido, 30, as their latest alternative.

The Mexico international is available for as little as £2million after a high profile fall-out with PSV Eindhoven manager Fred Rutten.

Versatile Salcido, who can also deputise as a centre-back, came up against Liverpool on numerous occasions in the Champions League during both the 2006/07 and 2008/09 campaigns but is also the subject of interest from Valencia and Serie A runners-up AS Roma.

Wigan Athletic are also planning a bid should Hodgson reignite his interest in Figueroa and battle Premier League rivals Sunderland for the Honduran's signature with a bid of £7million.

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/129955-liverpool-fc-target-psv-eindhovens-carlos-salcido-as-left-back-search-continues.html

Bargain at 2m.
      « Last Edit: Aug 28, 2010 09:11:27 am by CRK, Reason: Missed another one. Title changed. »
      liverpool9292
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts |
      Re: Carlos Salcido (PSV)
      Reply #1: Jul 25, 2010 09:07:47 pm
      Please no!
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #2: Jul 25, 2010 09:09:43 pm

Why not?

Would be good if we could get both him and Figueroa into the club.
      liverpool9292
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts |
      Reply #3: Jul 25, 2010 09:12:54 pm
      I think he is a very overated player I don't like him at all, I would rather use darby or agger as back up than have him at the club!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #4: Jul 25, 2010 09:22:08 pm
      Dexter is not a fan so that is good enough for me.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #5: Jul 25, 2010 09:48:06 pm
      I could live with him being signed as a backup, but not more than that. It's not what I'd like though, I'd rather buy one proper leftback for a bit more money and use Darby as backup, and possibly Agger. I think if we're going for Salcido then we're really running out of options.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #6: Jul 25, 2010 10:04:52 pm
      Name rings a bell but not much to think he is class.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #7: Jul 25, 2010 10:06:18 pm
      Oh god no. I'd rather have Dossena back.

Granted he had a decent WC but he's usually sh*te for PSV.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #8: Jul 25, 2010 10:07:07 pm
      Dexter is not a fan so that is good enough for me.

Same... can't deny he did impress me when Chivas played vs São Paulo in the Libertadores years ago, and also in the World Cup. But it's the regular football season that matters, and Dex says he's not been good enough.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #9: Jul 25, 2010 10:13:01 pm
      I think it's his personality holding him back Diego. He's had issues with the past 2 managers at PSV, and has said the wrong things in the media. Even now he hasn't showed up yet for season preparations at PSV because he's forcing a transfer. I liked his potential when he arrived at PSV, but he lacks consistency and mental stability, and such traits. I think that's why he just doesn't perform well on a league level. He was extremely motivated at the World Cup to perform so he could leave PSV, but he won't perform like that once he's signed. And he's 30, he really doesn't have a good age to adjust to the EPL.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #10: Jul 27, 2010 05:32:36 pm
      Decent enough back up. Don't think he'd be happy with that, though.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2741 
      Reply #11: Jul 27, 2010 07:10:41 pm
      I'd rather have Figueroa or Bridge over him and that's saying something.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #12: Jul 28, 2010 06:26:51 am
      I'd rather have Bridge or Figueroa as well. They've played in the premier league for quite a while and bringing Salcido is a quite a risk cause he's 30, isn't he?
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Carlos Salcido (PSV)
      Reply #13: Aug 23, 2010 11:25:12 am
      Liverpool are ready to step up their attempts to make a double swoop for PSV Eindhoven pair Ola Toivonen and Carlos Salcido.

Reds boss Roy Hodgson has been tracking the Mexican left-back and the Swedish striker, as he looks to plug the gaps in his squad.

And last night Academy ambassador Kenny Dalglish flew to Holland to watch them in action at the Phillips Stadion, as PSV beat AZ Alkmaar 3-1.

Salcido was an unused substitute but Toivonen played for 82 minutes before being replaced by Ibrahim Afellay.

Hodgson himself watched Toivonen in action 12 days ago when the 24-year-old scored as Sweden beat Scotland 3-0 in Stockholm.

Toivonen began his career with his hometown club Degerfors, then moved on to Orgyrte before making his name at one of Hodgson's old sides, Malmo.

A towering presence with an eye for goal - he has scored 38 times in 49 appearances for PSV - Hodgson has identified the 6ft 4ins Toivonen as the man he wants to provide cover for Fernando Torres.

Liverpool were today refusing to comment on the matter but sources in Holland have confirmed that a bid has been tabled for Toivonen; a swap deal for Ryan Babel, however, is not an option.

What's more, PSV boss Fred Rutten also appears to have accepted that Toivonen is heading for the Reds when he said: "I can't block the transfer."

It is also understood that there is a definite interest in Salcido, who impressed for Mexico when they played England at Wembley in May.

Though predominantly left-footed, Salcido is versatile and can play in the centre of defence or as a right-back.

Meanwhile, Liverpool's position on Dirk Kuyt and Javier Mascherano has not changed despite speculation emerging again over the weekend about their respective futures.

Kuyt continues to be linked with Inter Milan and Barcelona are monitoring Mascherano's position but Liverpool insist neither man is for sale.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/transfer-gossip/reds-up-attempts-to-sign-psv-pair
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #14: Aug 23, 2010 12:30:22 pm
      Haven't heard or seen too many good things from him, but a club like ours can transform a player.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #15: Aug 23, 2010 01:46:09 pm
      Only seen him play for Mexico. At the 2006 World Cup, i thought he was a fantastic player. He impressed me once again in South Africa. If the price is right, i say why not.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #16: Aug 23, 2010 01:47:13 pm
      Search before you make a new thread mate: http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=31928.0
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #17: Aug 23, 2010 03:29:29 pm
      I did but could not find it ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #18: Aug 23, 2010 03:36:09 pm
      Rather King Kenny watch Afellay than these two.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #19: Aug 23, 2010 05:28:37 pm
      Only seen him play for Mexico. At the 2006 World Cup, i thought he was a fantastic player. He impressed me once again in South Africa. If the price is right, i say why not.

I'll go along with that, was very impressed with him during the world cup.

Liverpool FC target PSV Eindhoven's Carlos Salcido as left-back search continues

by Richard Buxton. Published Sun 25 Jul 2010 19:45, Last updated: 2010-07-25

Liverpool are considering a move for Carlos Salcido as they continue their search for a new left-back.

Fabio Aurelio left the club earlier this summer and Emiliano Insua's imminent sale to Fiorentina will see Roy Hodgson going into Thursday's Europa League qualifier with FC Rabotnicki without a first-choice player on the left-hand side of defence.

Having previously turned their attentions to Fulham's Paul Konchesky, Wigan Athletic's Maynor Figueroa and Manchester City full-back Wayne Bridge, the Reds have identified Salcido, 30, as their latest alternative.

The Mexico international is available for as little as £2million after a high profile fall-out with PSV Eindhoven manager Fred Rutten.

Versatile Salcido, who can also deputise as a centre-back, came up against Liverpool on numerous occasions in the Champions League during both the 2006/07 and 2008/09 campaigns but is also the subject of interest from Valencia and Serie A runners-up AS Roma.

Wigan Athletic are also planning a bid should Hodgson reignite his interest in Figueroa and battle Premier League rivals Sunderland for the Honduran's signature with a bid of £7million.

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/129955-liverpool-fc-target-psv-eindhovens-carlos-salcido-as-left-back-search-continues.html

Bargain at 2m.

And if that is true, thats just about our price range!
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #20: Aug 23, 2010 08:02:17 pm
      Dutch media are reporting he is coming to a club in the Premier League but it's not Liverpool or Wigan.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #21: Aug 24, 2010 10:14:11 pm
      Rather King Kenny watch Afellay than these two.

Spot on mate, we've both been saying that for the last 3 seasons. Surprised Man Shitty haven't bought him already, those cu*ts got everyone else.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #22: Aug 24, 2010 11:00:48 pm
      Spot on mate, we've both been saying that for the last 3 seasons. Surprised Man Shitty haven't bought him already, those cu*ts got everyone else.
      It's reported he's on his way to Fiorentina or Genoa actually.

Quick Reply