Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

True or False

Read 18822 times
      True or False
      Reply #23: Feb 12, 2006 07:14:14 pm
      Quote from: "Anonymous"
      Is this the same Everton who hardly ever have a sell out? Is this the same Everton who sell half season tickets? FFS I live in Huyton and I can honestly say there is more reds around here than blues.

I still cant believe they can get a season ticket half way through the season!!! They have real hardcore supporters.

There might be more Reds than Blues in Huyton but how many of the Reds actually go the games on a regular basis???

When I was in school in Anfield the proportion of Reds outweighed the Blues by roughly 65-35 - but EVERY Everton supporter went the games and only about 5 Liverpool Supporters went the match!!!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      True or False
      Reply #24: Feb 12, 2006 07:31:26 pm
      Quote from: "Guest"
      Is this the same Everton who hardly ever have a sell out? Is this the same Everton who sell half season tickets? FFS I live in Huyton and I can honestly say there is more reds around here than blues.

I still cant believe they can get a season ticket half way through the season!!! They have real hardcore supporters.

There might be more Reds than Blues in Huyton but how many of the Reds actually go the games on a regular basis???

When I was in school in Anfield the proportion of Reds outweighed the Blues by roughly 65-35 - but EVERY Everton supporter went the games and only about 5 Liverpool Supporters went the match!!!

I'd go to the game on a regular basis if i could get my hands on a ticket !!!  As it stands, i've got to make do with holding a Fancard to even have the privilege of trying to get one, most of the games i attend are the European midweek matches as these seem easier to get even though most of them are sellouts.  Everton fans can get tickets any time, so were are all the supporters then ?  I agree with an earlier poster, Half-season tickets !!! hahaha !  Thats desperation for you   ;)
      Anonymous
      True or False
      Reply #25: Feb 12, 2006 07:37:28 pm

When you were in school. Not many people could afford tickets when they were in school. Everton sold tickets cheaper for U16's and students. I only know 4-5 everton supporters that go the match. I know about 12 people who go the Liverpool games.

It is also harder to get tickets for Liverpool. You can go to the Everton ticket office and buy a season ticket there and then. You cant even get single tickets at the Anfield, you have to get on the phone as soon as they go on sale via the hotline and pray you get through.
      Ne obliviscaris
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 2 posts |
      True or False
      Reply #26: Feb 12, 2006 07:43:54 pm
      When i was at school it cost 35p to get in the kop 1p on the bus 3p a bag of chips.
      BlueRoo
      True or False
      Reply #27: Feb 12, 2006 09:50:33 pm
      Everton are the people's club....

I reckon its nearer 70:30 everton fans to liverpool fans.  I ask any scousers on here to do at little survey tomorrow.
      IanStoppo
      True or False
      Reply #28: Feb 12, 2006 10:32:41 pm
      Quote from: "BlueRoo"
      Everton are the people's club....

I reckon its nearer 70:30 everton fans to liverpool fans.  I ask any scousers on here to do at little survey tomorrow.

Every place I have worked in, the Liverpool fans have outnumbered the Everton fans. This "fact" that there are more Everton fans that Liverpool in Liverpool/Merseyside is a joke. It is something perpetuated by fans of EFC who have, as someone else has said, to try to beat us at something otherwise their lives would be meaningless.
      By the way I have lived and worked in Liverpool all my life (44 years).
      Anonymous
      True or False
      Reply #29: Feb 13, 2006 12:13:22 am
      This isnt particulary scientific but i formed my own little survey by counting shirts around the city. I see about 10 times more Everton shirts but thats mostly in the city centre, dont know about suburbs. I think hardcore fans is about 70-30 to the blues but Liverpool get all those in the middle who arnt that bothered about Football and so just support the most successful team. Also at the Everton games is mostly white working class people whereas Liverpool get lots of foreign fans. Its just the yin and yang of success. Your successful then you get lots of hangers on and if your not then you stay local. Both have their positives. Efc are far and away the better community club and its no surprise that all the best players from Liverpool support Everton. ;D
      Anonymous
      True or False
      Reply #30: Feb 13, 2006 12:51:36 am
      im an evertonian, im from woolton, its not rocket science,

there's roughly a 50 50 split of people who have more than a passing interest in football (asking your mate how "we" got on a few days later doesnt count. for either side)

of people who go the match, its obviously evertonians.. now this isnt a criticism of you lot, liverpool is such a global brand that its hard to get tickets for games, especially at weekends.  therefore this denys the local support the chance to get a ticket regularly... well not so much denys you the chance, but  it certainly reduces the odds of getting one.  but that excuse cant be used in some cases (portsmouth mideweek game last season i recall.. 11,000 empty seats at anfield that night 14.000 empty at old trafford on the same night).

why dont we always sell out? well i hate to say it, but you lot are more successful (and bizzarely more fasionable even in the late 90s when you'd won nothing).  

as for the parade.... 1 million:????? try halving that and then take a few more away that will be nearer to the total.  i was on the train home that night coming back from working in manchester, every train was chocker with your "local loyal support" - the echo.  i personally though it was an absolute disgrace holding it the next day, when most of the people who bothered dragging there arses all the way to istanbul, were unable to see the trophy brought home. my mates who went had to watch the parade on  video when they got home.  

to sum up...

in the city (please dont comment if youre not from liverpool) its 50/50 in merseyside its efc 40 lfc 40 bandwagon 20

john efc![/code]
      methinkslike
      True or False
      Reply #31: Feb 13, 2006 01:03:20 am
      It's 50-50 can we not agree to that?
      bobhorse
      True or False
      Reply #32: Feb 13, 2006 01:31:52 am
      This is a load of bollocks if the majority of people supported Everton then they would fill the ground every week for those people who live and work in Liverpool just do a straw poll in your place of work or school etc and i think you will find the answer FSP wants away and feels he has a point to proove but by saying things like this he could find that he has a long wait for his wish to come true but i believe he was mis quoted i think he was trying to say that in liverpool there our two teams but he gets no trouble from Everton Fans and he was making the point that there are a lot not a few
      Anonymous
      True or False
      Reply #33: Feb 13, 2006 04:18:47 am
      Quote from: "smigger15"

I'd go to the game on a regular basis if i could get my hands on a ticket !!!  As it stands, i've got to make do with holding a Fancard to even have the privilege of trying to get one, most of the games i attend are the European midweek matches as these seem easier to get even though most of them are sellouts.  Everton fans can get tickets any time, so were are all the supporters then ?  I agree with an earlier poster, Half-season tickets !!! hahaha !  Thats desperation for you   ;)

So therefore your ground is full every week with tourists who arent football fans but just want to see a world famous club?? The reason you can get midweek tickets is because your fans from outside the city obviously cant get to the midweek games as it would mean arranging travel to and from Liverpool !!!

How do you know we can get tickets anytime?? When did you last queue up outside Goodison for 2 hours for a ticket to play Chelsea in the FA Cup??  Did u camp outside Anfield overnight for a ticket to the Champions League final like I did for the FA Cup final in 95???

Face facts - you would love "The Library" to have as much passion as Goodison but it hasnt because your ground is full of tourists from outside the city!!!
      alwayskop
      True or False
      Reply #34: Feb 13, 2006 05:32:14 am
      I think he is right, LFC is more successful than EFC, but  just like MU and MC, we have much more fans throughout the world, but less supports from liverpool.
      alwayskop
      True or False
      Reply #35: Feb 13, 2006 05:39:03 am
      So in China,  Liverpool fans are much more than Evton fans, if you google the word of liverpool, you can find so many fans websites in China. We are proud of our standing.
      ken
      True or False
      Reply #36: Feb 13, 2006 07:03:38 am
      FSP should have take note of the home matches.
      What is Goodison capacity compare to Anfield?
      Anonymous
      True or False
      Reply #37: Feb 13, 2006 09:25:52 am

So therefore your ground is full every week with tourists who arent football fans but just want to see a world famous club?? The reason you can get midweek tickets is because your fans from outside the city obviously cant get to the midweek games as it would mean arranging travel to and from Liverpool !!!

How do you know we can get tickets anytime?? When did you last queue up outside Goodison for 2 hours for a ticket to play Chelsea in the FA Cup??  Did u camp outside Anfield overnight for a ticket to the Champions League final like I did for the FA Cup final in 95???

Face facts - you would love "The Library" to have as much passion as Goodison but it hasnt because your ground is full of tourists from outside the city!!!

How can the ground be full of tourists ? The only way you can get to see a match at the weekend ticket is to own a Season ticket or purchase one through the Fancard system which i'm sure no tourist is going to own as you have to apply for them at the beginning of the season, Anfield is full of regular diehard supporters no matter where they come from.  Evetonians can buy tickets anytime cos i've heard them desperately trying to sell them on Radio City, you don't hear them trying to promote Liverpool Tickets. And yes i have queued up outside Anfield on many an occasion for hours on end in the piddling rain.  Anyway you won't have to queue this year will you !  ;)
      Anonymous
      True or False
      Reply #38: Feb 13, 2006 09:40:11 am
      Just face it kopites everton are simply have the better fans.
      geoff
      True or False
      Reply #39: Feb 13, 2006 10:35:06 am
      I have had a look on the fa site but cannot find the data, but every year they do a season ticket poll with the data supplied by the clubs. season 03/04 everton had the most local support and liverpool the worst, now this is all the clubs not just us lot and yes lfc had more travelling support than utd.

the figures are based on 2 readings 10 mile raduis and then byond the 10mile raduis so if we are using facts then yes everton do have more local support than liverpool. I reckon it is 60/40 in blues favour but that is my opinion.  

fact supporters go the game and they are the ones that matter.

fact fans know the stats but never go the game , oan do lfc have a lot of them stats stats stats
      geoff
      True or False
      Reply #40: Feb 13, 2006 10:39:23 am

How can the ground be full of tourists ? The only way you can get to see a match at the weekend ticket is to own a Season ticket or purchase one through the Fancard system which i'm sure no tourist is going to own as you have to apply for them at the beginning of the season, Anfield is full of regular diehard supporters no matter where they come from.  Evetonians can buy tickets anytime cos i've heard them desperately trying to sell them on Radio City, you don't hear them trying to promote Liverpool Tickets. And yes i have queued up outside Anfield on many an occasion for hours on end in the piddling rain.  Anyway you won't have to queue this year will you !  ;)

a company in norway send a plane over every week as they have set up a deal with liverpool to get 300 tickets for every home game  so thats how tourists get to the game dimwit,
      Anonymous
      True or False
      Reply #41: Feb 13, 2006 11:44:21 am
      As i have worked all over Liverpool i have noticed that there are far more Blue supporters in Liverpool than Kopite's! If you want to find more Liverpool supporter try going to India or China, are fans are true to the club hence the saying THE PEOPLE'S CLUB! Roll on the next Derby Everton could do with an extra three points....
      support
      Reply #42: Feb 13, 2006 01:20:52 pm
      if you notice last year pre champions league success anfield couldnt sell out either, and the season before,fa cup games never sell out which is 4 your local support ;)
      Jim P
      LFC / EFC support
      Reply #43: Feb 13, 2006 03:19:27 pm
      I reckon that the Blues do edge it in the city, but outside the city - in Merseyside and beyond, it becomes more far more red.
      Neil P
      Red / Blue
      Reply #44: Feb 13, 2006 03:29:50 pm
      At the derby game at Anfield last year I hardly heard a Scouse accent from anyone dressed in red. Liverpool, admittedly because of their successes, have a nationwide and international fan base - whilst Everton is far more localised and die hard Scouse. Hopefully "Mr Red" from Tunbridge Wells will be lured away by Chelsea's successes and gradually tickets will become available for the few local fans you have.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      True or False
      Reply #45: Feb 13, 2006 07:18:50 pm
      Quote from: "geoff"

a company in norway send a plane over every week as they have set up a deal with liverpool to get 300 tickets for every home game  so thats how tourists get to the game dimwit,

So that fills the ground then ?  Anyway, whats an Evertonian doing on a Red Forum ?   Not got much to talk about on EFC then ?  No prospect of any cups, must be so boring to be a blue nose and a dimwit ...

Quick Reply