Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Uefa to investigate into racism claims

Read 6456 times
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Uefa to investigate into racism claims
      Jul 30, 2010 01:22:35 pm
      I went on to SSN.com this morning hoping for some good news about our win, interviews with players etc and instead I see this.

Uefa is waiting for reports from the match officials of Liverpool's Europa League qualifier against FK Rabotnicki amid claims of racist chants.

The Premier League side won the match 2-0 in Macedonia on Thursday night thanks to two goals from David Ngog.

But pictures emerged after the game that showed Rabotnicki fans appearing to direct so-called 'monkey taunts' at Liverpool players, including Ngog and 19-year-old winger David Amoo.

Uefa will therefore make a decision about possible disciplinary action against Rabotnicki after consulting the match reports.

A Uefa spokesperson said: "We are aware of the matter, but we are waiting for the reports from the delegate and the referee."

Macedonian football has had problems with racism before and their governing body was fined after England players Emile Heskey, Ashley Cole and Sol Campbell were subjected to abuse during an international in 2003.

If this is true, then it's disgraceful behaviour and Macedonian football will fall even lower than it already is, I guess once you judge these types of fans they can't help you to change your mind.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Uefa to investigate into racism claims
      Reply #1: Jul 30, 2010 01:28:17 pm
      F***ing idiots.

It's always a shame that those chanting put a reflection on the supporters as a whole.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #2: Jul 30, 2010 01:43:19 pm
      Uefa will probabley do F**k all as usual and hand out a small fine and a slap on the wrist.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #3: Jul 30, 2010 01:50:57 pm
      I have always said if UEFA had the balls to come out with a statement saying " Any form of racism will result in elimination from the tournament " you wont hear a F***ing peep from the the bas**rds. Come down heavy its the only way.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #4: Jul 30, 2010 01:51:44 pm
      I've really come to dislike Rabotnicki. The play-acting yesterday on the pitch, the jeering of Kyrgiakos because of his nationality (which is also very discriminative and prejudicial), and now this. Not to mention the fact that their ficke fans walked away with 20 mins left against the biggest club in the world.

Utter tw*ts.
      dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Reply #5: Jul 30, 2010 01:53:44 pm
      Absolutely disgusting to be honest ,no place in the game for it but a common thing in certain countries

Saw some pictures of a guy making monkey gestures towards the pitch ,what a c**t
      « Last Edit: Jul 30, 2010 02:49:22 pm by dodgy »
      StevieG123
      • Started Topic

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #6: Jul 30, 2010 01:54:42 pm
      I've really come to dislike Rabotnicki. The play-acting yesterday on the pitch, the jeering of Kyrgiakos because of his nationality (which is also very discriminative and prejudicial), and now this. Not to mention the fact that their ficke fans walked away with 20 mins left against the biggest club in the world.

Utter tw*ts.

Exactly, and when I saw the title of the article I thought they were going to investigate about Sotis getting abused.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #7: Jul 30, 2010 01:57:27 pm
      Really got to wonder about the mentality of these fuckers, at least Ngog got the last laugh. Just ban them so they can go back to polishing their horse & carts.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #8: Jul 30, 2010 02:14:36 pm
      They should fine them 50k and ban them for a year.

Tell there fans to stick that vuzuzela up there ass to pricks!
      FALIRO
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts | 15 
      Reply #9: Jul 30, 2010 02:20:29 pm
      This is the country that David Cameron bribed the Govt to biuild a 5 star Hotel in and says they must be in the EU and that Greece is backwards for blocking them!

Fyromian racism against Ngog last night, quite shocking really for this day and age (the guy doing it looks more retarded than anyone):

« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2010 02:29:49 pm by FALIRO »
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #10: Jul 30, 2010 02:29:09 pm
      Fyromian racism against Ngog last night, quite shocking really for this day and age:

That goon has no right to be pointing monkey chants at anyone! Looks like an ape himself! SCUMBAG
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #11: Jul 30, 2010 02:33:39 pm
      ;D, that man himself looks retarded.

I hope they get banned from European competitions.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #12: Jul 30, 2010 02:37:44 pm
      Horrible cu*ts. I hate this sort of thing. Makes me sick.

They should even be given the chance to sit in the Anfield away end next week.

StevieG123
      • Started Topic

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #13: Jul 30, 2010 02:37:57 pm
      Inbred tw*t that bloke.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #14: Jul 30, 2010 02:39:48 pm
      Horrible cu*ts. I hate this sort of thing. Makes me sick.

They shouldn't even be given the chance to sit in the Anfield away end next week.

Let me fix that for ye mate  ;)
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #15: Jul 30, 2010 02:39:49 pm
      ban them from the euro tournemants. it's the only way the noobheads will realise their backward and retarded ways has no place in 21st century.

geniunely cannot understand how uefa let some of these eastern european countries get away with so much racism.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #16: Jul 30, 2010 02:44:03 pm
      Nothing will happen.

UEFA have no bollox.

Platini is a mug.

Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #17: Jul 30, 2010 02:46:20 pm
      Disgusting! I'm glad that idiot was pictured doing that, the world has seen what a buffoon he is!

Its a shame this kind of behaviour still happens in the 21st century.

We'll tw*t them again at Anfield!
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #18: Jul 30, 2010 03:14:23 pm
      Always sad isn't it, happens much too often in football.

This is the country that David Cameron bribed the Govt to biuild a 5 star Hotel in and says they must be in the EU and that Greece is backwards for blocking them!

Fyromian racism against Ngog last night, quite shocking really for this day and age (the guy doing it looks more retarded than anyone):

Can't judge a whole country on what some idiot supporters do, that's just as much prejudism. Some football supporters' actions don't have anything to do with whatever political agenda you're pushing here.
      « Last Edit: Jul 30, 2010 03:20:10 pm by Dexter »
      FALIRO
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts | 15 
      Reply #19: Jul 30, 2010 03:22:55 pm
      I'm sorry I didn't know you lived next door to this nation like I do. I did not know you were aware of Greek businesses in their country being destroyed in racist attacks, the Albanians ready to make another civil war in their nation because of their direct racism towards them and Fyrom nationals destroying Bulgarian War cemetries in Fyrom. Now I realise you know these these facts, I realise that these racist incidents last night, in the England game, in pretty much any game they play against foreigners are not just the tip off the iceburg, these people are clearly a peace loving, generally accepting of all races nation just as David Cameron and Bush painted them.

My appologies sir. Greeks must learn to be more politically correct. Greece had to ruthlessly complain 2 years ago because the Fyrom Govt put these bill-boards up across Fyrom. Like what they have done with the Greek flag? Greece lost close to a million souls in WW2 where it faught Nazis.

Anyway this isn't a political forum, I just hope UEFA make an example of them.
      « Last Edit: Jul 30, 2010 03:36:01 pm by FALIRO »
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #20: Jul 30, 2010 03:38:46 pm
      I'm sorry I didn't know you lived next door to this nation like I do. I did not know you were aware of Greek businesses in their country being destroyed in racist attacks, the Albanians ready to make another civil war in their nation because of their direct racism towards them and Fyrom nationals destroying Bulgarian War cemetries in Fyrom. Now I know these these facts, I realise that these racist incidents last night, in the England game, in pretty much any game they play against foreigners are not just the tip off the iceburg, these people are clearly a peace loving, generally accepting of all races nation just as David Cameron and Bush painted them.

My appologies sir. Greeks must learn to be more politically correct.
      I'm quite aware of all the racism going on in all the former Yugoslavian states, among eachother especially, these new founded countries there wouldn't even exist without racism. I'm also quite aware of the whole naming dispute that's going on between Greece and FYROM or Macedonia or whatever. However, I'm having a hard time relating any of that to some idiot supporters being racist dicks to Ngog, acting literally like monkeys. Just don't feel the need to make a whole political discussion out of this. Unfortunately, stuff like this happens far too often in other countries too, especially in eastern europe but also Italy for instance.
      FALIRO
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts | 15 
      Reply #21: Jul 30, 2010 03:54:47 pm
      Fair play.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #22: Jul 30, 2010 04:10:25 pm
      This is absolutely disgraceful , I thought people were educated and would know enough not to jeer players and be racist. That idiot doing that chant looks like a monkey more than anyone else . I hope these racist b***ard get banned , but unfortunately UEFA do ont have the balls to do so .

Quick Reply