Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Paul Konchesky (Fulham)

Read 23876 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Re: Paul Konchesky (Fulham)
      Reply #230: Aug 30, 2010 11:09:29 am
      jamie redknapp says its a great buy so... ima trust him and hope for the best I think... :-\

I wouldn't take much notice of what Redknapp has to say mate. He talks s***e most of the time.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #231: Aug 30, 2010 11:24:12 am
      jamie redknapp says its a great buy so... ima trust him and hope for the best i think... :-\

:lmao:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #232: Aug 30, 2010 11:28:18 am
      F***ing hell I won't say what Cascarino was just saying about this signing on SSN. Basically saying they should just be signing decent full backs for Konchesky they should be going for the best like the other top 4.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #233: Aug 30, 2010 11:47:34 am
      F***ing hell I won't say what Cascarino was just saying about this signing on SSN. Basically saying they should just be signing decent full backs for Konchesky they should be going for the best like the other top 4.

:roll:

Tony... meet Tom and George...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #234: Aug 30, 2010 11:49:50 am
      That was a stunning attempt.

He's a c**t like you said but in my opinion probably the best left back around. Can tackle, got pace, can cross, can shoot, great positioning and can pass it around too.

Have to agree with you mate and he's fit as F**k as F**k too, the speed at which he joins in the attacks and then gets back to defend is unreal and he's like that for 90 minutes a game.

He offers Chelsea an amazing out let as he always joins in, up the attacking third.

Konchesky take note, you need to shag Cheryl Cole to realise your potential.
      Zeus
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      Reply #235: Aug 30, 2010 01:36:26 pm
      I thought Cashley Cole was one of the best players for us at the World Cup (which wasnt hard to achieve mind). 

Not to worry, we're about to get a Cole, Carlton Cole.  Cue fear in the hearts of every premiership and championship side in the land:)
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #236: Aug 30, 2010 02:02:04 pm
      I really really hope this deal doesn't come back to haunt us, I would have looked for a couple of million and Konchesky for Dalle Valle.

At this moment, Dalla Valle is not worth much because he is young and unproven.  However, I think he is one of the few reserve team players we have that really has the potential to make it as a top footballer.  I just hope we have some sort of clause in this deal that will see us get more $$$ if he turns into a star in the next few years.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #237: Aug 30, 2010 02:04:13 pm
      Boss hopeful on Konchesky
      Roy Hodgson is hoping a deal for Fulham left-back Paul Konchesky will be completed in the coming days.

The deal may see Academy graduate Lauri Dalla Valle go the other way.

Asked if he expected things to be completed before the transfer window shuts on Tuesday, Hodgson said: "I hope so.

"One of our young players, a very talented young lad that Fulham have fancied for a long time, is going in the other direction and that's holding it up a little because he has to have a medical.

"I'm sincerely hoping it's just a technical hitch and that Paul will sign in the next couple of days."

Dalla Valle was linked to Fulham when Hodgson was in charge.

The gaffer added: "I didn't have a strong opinion on him one way or another but Malcolm Elias (from Fulham's academy) did. The lad's got the quality to go into a first-team contingent."

From the official website.

What?
      bigmack123
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 170 posts |
      Reply #238: Aug 30, 2010 03:58:33 pm
      Why the hell do we let Dalla Valle go then? No sense whatsoever!
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #239: Aug 30, 2010 03:59:05 pm
      I've listened to atheist arguments from nearly every source; from Richard Dawkins to Penn Jillette to some of my closest and dearest friends.  If this signing goes through, this is without a doubt, the best evidence I've ever seen for the absence of a god.

edited for more :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #240: Aug 30, 2010 04:07:07 pm
      Think that there's no point in arguing or debating over this signing any more.

He's going to be a Liverpool player, and as soon as he is I will be right behind the lad.
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #241: Aug 30, 2010 04:42:24 pm

He's going to be a Liverpool player, and as soon as he is I will be right behind the lad.

same mate.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #242: Aug 30, 2010 04:54:09 pm

Spot on, hope to god every Reds fan gets behind him.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #243: Aug 30, 2010 04:56:30 pm
      This is what is wrong with our academy system.

He has not had a game for Liverpool, and is sold to fiannce a move for an ageing left back (and I quite like Konchesky I must admit, welcome his addition to the squad) but cmon Liverpool, wake up. This sort of business does nothing to improve the club, it damages it long term.

We are shooting ourselves in the leg, because Dalla Valle couldbe worth £15m in 3 years time, and that now, will be Fulhams profit, not ours. Or a crazy thought for you here Liverpool but actually keep him, instead of looking to sell!!

I am starting to think the academy is set up to create profit than nurture talent.

So I welcome signing Paul Konchesky, but surely we have enough money to buy him out right???
      passenger815
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #244: Aug 30, 2010 04:57:08 pm
      I would love to know the details of the deal.

From whats been reported we'll be paying Fulham a fee of between £3 and 4 million.

On top of that is Dalla Valle, who (alledgley) had a bid rejected of £3.5 million in January.

As well as Kacaniklic, who we can conservatively value at £500 000.

That means that even at the most conservative of estimates we are valuing Paul Konchesky at over £7 million!!!!!!!!!!

Now, no matter what anyones opinion is of Konchesky and whether he is good enough for the club and whether there are better replacements out there, I would like to find someone who genuinely believes that Paul Konchesky is worth over £7 million.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #245: Aug 30, 2010 05:06:34 pm
      We will all be behind him sadly doesn't mean I and a lot of Liverpool fans rate him, I was behind Voronin when he threw on a Liverpool shirt.

If anyone wants to know the state of the club financially this says it all we are getting rid of one of our best prospects to buy a journeyman left back because we can't afford the cash to buy a decent one.

I will personally hold Hodgson and Purslow to blame if Dalle Valle goes onto fulfill his potential
      sqirg
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Reply #246: Aug 30, 2010 07:08:34 pm
      gutted we're selling Dalle Valle, but welcome Paul!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #247: Aug 30, 2010 07:13:58 pm
      Prove me wrong Paul because I think you an extremely limited left back.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #248: Aug 30, 2010 07:31:24 pm
      I was behind Voronin when he threw on a Liverpool shirt

U like his movies? ;)

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #249: Aug 30, 2010 07:47:26 pm

This is all anybody can ask for Joey
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #250: Aug 31, 2010 08:45:58 am

From whats been reported we'll be paying Fulham a fee of between £3 and 4 million.

On top of that is Dalla Valle, who (alledgley) had a bid rejected of £3.5 million in January.

That means that even at the most conservative of estimates we are valuing Paul Konchesky at over £7 million!!!!!!!!!!

Now, no matter what anyones opinion is of Konchesky and whether he is good enough for the club and whether there are better replacements out there, I would like to find someone who genuinely believes that Paul Konchesky is worth over £7 million.

Nah, mate....think about it - Konchesky costs us between £3m-£4m and "coincidentally" (my arse) Dalla Valle and Kacaniklic costs Fulham between £3m-£4m. We won't (yet again) have spent a F***ing cold h'penny on Konchesky.

It's a straight swap in all reality and (in my opinion) a really poor piece of business. Three - Five years from now, the chances are; Paul won't be worth any more (less if we're honest) but both Dalla Valle and Kacaniklic will.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,157 posts | 260 
      Reply #251: Aug 31, 2010 09:31:16 am

Roy Hodgson.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #252: Aug 31, 2010 10:14:54 am
      Does Roy owe Al Fayed some money or something.

Because £3M + Dalla Valle and Kacaniklic is fraud.

Quick Reply