Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Wolverhampton

Read 2214 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Wolverhampton
      Jun 29, 2007 02:09:59 pm
      Going to be down there for a few days next week - staying near the town centre.  Will be busy in the daytime but night time - anybody from round there give me some advice on good places to eat, have a beer on my lonesome...

or should I make sure I take my laptop?
      MsGerrard
      Re: Wolverhampton
      Reply #1: Jun 29, 2007 02:22:21 pm
      Take you laptop JD, Leicestershire's a bit far for you to come, and please get rid of that pic of Rafa, it's bloody awful
      sell73out
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #2: Jun 29, 2007 04:49:01 pm
      I'm from down the road in Kidderminster, but I'm on holiday in Wales from tomorrow so i won't be around the area...

Good pubs/places to eat are...

The Varsity (good food in the day)
      Little Civic (nice pub which generally has a few bands drinking in it if their playing the civic/wulfrun next door)
      The Civic/Wulfrun halls do alternative music nights on Friday and Saturday nights, but I haven't been to one for ages - Good excuse for a booze up usually though.

Um... that's pretty much the only places I go to, unless you count Subway on the high street ;) - I'd recommend the laptop option if your there for more than a couple of days.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #3: Jun 29, 2007 08:09:13 pm
      There midweek for three days. 

Laptop fully charged.  Sorry Wolverhampton folk - I did ask.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #4: Jun 29, 2007 10:08:22 pm
      Thankyou JD, that's a much better pic of Rafa :)
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #5: Jun 30, 2007 01:03:43 am
      Unlucky mate - all I can say. Take your laptop and some films (or sleeping tablets).

But look on the bright side - you can probably get beer in Wolverhampton.
      THE MESSIAH
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 471 posts | 20 
      • "and on the seventh day.....there shall be Kenny"
      Reply #6: Jun 30, 2007 12:37:27 pm
      Are you there on Monday JD? If so would recommend the All Weather Racetrack for a good day out. The amenities are great and its not to expensive, especially if you back a few winners............Good luck
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #7: Jun 30, 2007 09:33:55 pm
      Are you there on Monday JD? If so would recommend the All Weather Racetrack for a good day out. The amenities are great and its not to expensive, especially if you back a few winners............Good luck

Down on Tuesday.  Actually bricking it now a bit.  Was going to travel down on the train but what with all this terrorism sh*te I reckon my bottle has gone enough that I am going to drive.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #8: Jul 01, 2007 03:08:52 am
      Down on Tuesday.  Actually bricking it now a bit.  Was going to travel down on the train but what with all this terrorism sh*te I reckon my bottle has gone enough that I am going to drive.

If you think about it JD, it's probably the most safest time to travel....

Quick Reply