Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Brad Jones (Middlesbrough)

Read 12379 times
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Re: Brad Jones (Middlesbrough)
      Reply #92: Aug 16, 2010 07:32:09 am
      Is it just me or does the Reina howler just bring more confusion and rumour into Brad Jones moving to LFC??

it's just you
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #93: Aug 16, 2010 10:19:34 am
      Is it just me or does the Reina howler just bring more confusion and rumour into Brad Jones moving to LFC??

Ha I think this belongs in the knee jerk reaction thread mate!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #94: Aug 16, 2010 10:50:24 am

Why, when was the last time Reina made a howler. I mean honestly do you see Jones being picked above Reina?

I don't think so, he's coming here to sit his arse on the bench, then we can sell Cavalieri.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #95: Aug 16, 2010 10:56:58 am
      Can't believe you said that Elrozzo1

Seriously laughing....as JC23 said " Everyone makes mistakes we aern't perfect but he is still the best keeper in the world "
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #96: Aug 16, 2010 11:15:39 am

Hahaha! What?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #97: Aug 16, 2010 11:19:02 am
      Did you miss the spectacular save he pulled of moments earlier, or are you happy to focus on the negative.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #98: Aug 16, 2010 02:00:34 pm
      For those who know him, Danny Vukovic's contract in Turkey has been torn up. He'll be better, and arguably already is, than Jones. Best keeper in the A-League (doesn't say much) and could be a very good keeper.

Obviously not home grown which sucks, but still a very good back up keeper for free rather than 2m on Jones who can't hold a ball to save his life.
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #99: Aug 16, 2010 02:18:35 pm
      Am I to believe, if we sign Jones, he will be second choice ahead of Cavalieri to Pepe?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #100: Aug 16, 2010 03:12:05 pm
      Premier League - Jones having medical at Liverpool

Eurosport - Mon, 16 Aug 13:49:00 2010

Middlesbrough goalkeeper Brad Jones is poised to sign for Liverpool and is having a medical at the Merseyside club.

Australia international Jones is classed as a home-grown player under new Premier League rules and personal terms have reportedly already been agreed for the £2.5 million move.
      The 28-year-old has been on Liverpool's radar all summer with Roy Hodgson keen to install a new number two behind Pepe Reina.
      Reina's last-minute howler - the Spaniard fumbling the ball into his own net - cost Liverpool all three points against Arsenal in their Premier League opener on Sunday.
      Jones has made 57 league appearances for Middlesbrough since signing for the club as a trainee in 2000.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #101: Aug 16, 2010 03:12:14 pm

That's brilliant.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #102: Aug 16, 2010 03:48:26 pm
      Am I to believe, if we sign Jones, he will be second choice ahead of Cavalieri to Pepe?

Yes.

I will award you with a correct.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #103: Aug 16, 2010 04:09:15 pm
      Jones when we have Cavalieri?
      There could be only two reasons for that. 1) The Home Grown player rule. 2) Cavalieri is looking for a way out.
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #104: Aug 16, 2010 04:11:56 pm
      My question was sarcastic, as in, why do we need Jones when we have Cavalieri? :S
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #105: Aug 16, 2010 04:21:03 pm
      My question was sarcastic, as in, why do we need Jones when we have Cavalieri? :S
      Cause Cav wants to go home.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #106: Aug 16, 2010 04:51:18 pm
      Cav doesn't want to stay, we need home grown players.

No brainer here. We're just swapping back-up keepers.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #107: Aug 16, 2010 05:59:44 pm
      First of all, he will never replace Pepe Reina in goal. He will only be back up. How often does Pepe have a blunder? I hardly even called last night a blunder, I'm guessing the sun light and Chamakh's infringement caused it and it's never easy when the ball comes off the post because it happens so fast. If I remember rightly, the last major blunder he made was against Everton a long time ago or that one against Chelsea in 2008/2009.

I don't see why we need him other than what many have said above. If we have Brad Jones, we have an extra Home Grown player and instead of wasting a foreigner place on the bench with Cavalieri, we could do with the extra cash generated from his sale on another import.

Brad Jones nears Anfield move

Liverpool are on the verge of signing Middlesbrough and Australia international goalkeeper Brad Jones.

The move had been on the cards for some weeks now but Sky Sports News has on Monday confirmed the player has agreed personal terms and is currently undergoing a medical.

Manager Roy Hodgson wants to make Jones, who is classed as a home-grown player under new Premier League rules, his number two keeper behind Jose Reina.

Jones is expected to pen a three-year contract upon completion of his medical while Sky Sports understands the transfer fee to be around £2.5million.

Meanwhile, Liverpool's number one keeper Reina made all the wrong headlines following his mistake on Sunday which gifted Arsenal a late equaliser at Anfield.

Liverpool were on the verge of securing a 1-0 win against the Gunners despite Joe Cole's first half dismissal, until Reina fumbled the ball into his own net.

The club have confirmed that it will not appeal against the red card shown to Cole.

http://www.espnstar.com/home/news/detail/item485450/Brad-Jones-nears-Anfield-move/
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #108: Aug 16, 2010 06:12:15 pm
      Premier League - Jones having medical at Liverpool
      Reina's last-minute howler - the Spaniard fumbling the ball into his own net - cost Liverpool all three points against Arsenal in their Premier League opener on Sunday.

It only cost us 2 points, surely?

I have to confess that I don't know a lot about Brad Jones but I'd guess Cava still wants to go home after the bad times he's had (away from football) so no hard feelings if that's the case.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #109: Aug 16, 2010 06:37:51 pm
      Just came in here to say I thought this would be done by now. I expect very soon, then.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #110: Aug 16, 2010 07:14:22 pm
      Its a good move IMO.The deal won't cost us anything if we can recover the amount from Cav's sale and we get a home-grown player.Don't care about his ability as he is not going to see much action anyways and if turns out to be crap we can always promote Gulacsi as no.2.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #111: Aug 16, 2010 09:42:23 pm
      http://www.mfc.co.uk/articles/20100816/jones-joins-liverpool_70638_2124615?

Confirmed on Boros official website. We signed him for 2.3 million pounds.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #112: Aug 16, 2010 10:02:09 pm
      Just seen a clip of Brad Jones at Melwood with his gf/missus on LFCTV This is Anfield.

Bit of a lanky lad!!
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #113: Aug 16, 2010 10:03:49 pm
      Seen pictures on LFC of him on the table having a medical
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #114: Aug 16, 2010 10:12:47 pm
      I don't like the idea of paying £2.3M for this lad when we are so short of money, but we'll be okay if Cavalieri is sold for more than that.

Cavalieri is a better keeper but I never really understood why he chose to sign for Liverpool, he'll never get Pepe's place in the starting XI and is too good to waste his career on the bench.

Jones, on the hand, is like a professional backup keeper :D I don't think he has even been a regular starter (not exactly a promising signing, is it!).

Not to mention the fact he counts as a home grown player as he's a product of Boro academy.

Quick Reply