Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Liverpool 2-0 Rabotnicki Skopje: In-game & post-game droolage

Read 26370 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool vs Rabotnicki Skopje
      Reply #138: Aug 05, 2010 10:28:08 pm
      Great defending by Kelly!!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #139: Aug 05, 2010 10:29:57 pm
      Christ Dani. Really haven't been to impressed with him tonight when he's been on the ball.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #140: Aug 05, 2010 10:31:16 pm
      Chelsea are going to regret letting Cole go.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #141: Aug 05, 2010 10:32:58 pm
      All done, good game, some very good performances.  Stand outs for me were Cole and young Kelly.
      Andrei
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 149 posts |
      • I'll think about something.
      Reply #142: Aug 05, 2010 10:33:15 pm
      Great performance by Cole, Jovanovic and Pacheco, really loved them. It seems that Ngog's doing pretty cool stuff lately, it's just he needs to be on the ball more.
      Anyways, good game and let's go for the next round. YNWA!
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #143: Aug 05, 2010 10:34:12 pm
      9 managers in 51 years. We're some f**king club.

Let's not get carried away here. There's still a long way to go to get us back to where we belong, and a good win tonight has got the ball rolling for this
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #144: Aug 05, 2010 10:35:24 pm
      good game by all the lads m COLE,MILAN, and even PACHECO impressed
        YNWA
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #145: Aug 05, 2010 10:35:30 pm
      Cole worked fantastic with Gerrard. Good all round performance. Pacheco disappointed me a little i really expected a good performance from him but everyone has their bad days. Looking forward to seeing us again.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #146: Aug 05, 2010 10:35:54 pm
      Now we await the draw where we could face a dream match up with the likes of SC Tavriya Simferopol of Ukraine or HJK Helsinki of Finland :)
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #147: Aug 05, 2010 10:36:13 pm
      Let's not get carried away here. There's still a long way to go to get us back to where we belong, and a good win tonight has got the ball rolling for this
      Whose getting carried away? That's our record!! I was commenting on how only we could give time to a manager like that!!

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #148: Aug 05, 2010 10:38:13 pm
      Yes, Rabotiniki aren't exactly Barcelona but that was just what everyone wanted. It wasn't a dirgy 2-0 but a very comfortable and nice 2-0. The intensity from the team was unlike anything we saw last season and the likes of Gerrard, Joe Cole didn't put a foot wrong all match. And Jovanovic put in a really good shift as well. All round top performance.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #149: Aug 05, 2010 10:38:19 pm
      What did I learn from that game.

Jovanovich is as industrious as Kuyt, he puts some graft in.

Joe Cole is sheer Class, which I've always believed, so no surprises there, my man of the match by far.

Pachecho as much as I love the kid, Is not ready to be playing 90 minutes for the first team, think he's a better impact sub.

Kelly, Can't believe the maturity he plays with and he's ready to step up in my opinion.

We need to sign a better back up striker, I really do not want to go another season relying on NGog, if Nando gets a bad injury.

higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #150: Aug 05, 2010 10:38:31 pm
      Dani Pacheco annoyed me a bit tonight, was very indecisive and lost the ball alot! Glad he's getting game time though as I know he is a very talented young man!
      Was very impressed with the team as a whole tonight,played
      some lovely stuff!
      Also I think I'm in love with Joe Cole ........
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #151: Aug 05, 2010 10:39:53 pm
      On Pacheco, as a general rule I'd rather have a player who sees lots of options and needs to be more decisive than a player who's only got no/one idea.

He'll learn. He'll have been nervous too.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #152: Aug 05, 2010 10:40:08 pm
      Cavalieri looked unconvincing at times, lucky we've got the best goalkeeper in the world as first choice ;)

Kelly will prove to be a handy utility player this season and a more than able deputy to Johnson.  Jovanovic looked much better this time around, he really is the left sided Kuyt isn't he.  Pacheco I thought tried a little too hard to bag himself a goal but to be fair, in his limited minutes he's had this was his worst performance by far and there was still so many positives to take from it and he's only just turned 19 a few months back so he's got a bright future ahead of him.  Cole looked great.

Generally speaking, I thought the team worked very well as a unit, especially Cole who has only been here two weeks and Jovanovic not much longer.  Really seemed like they were starting to gel, which is certainly most promising.  MotM for me was probably Joe Cole, although I think Jovanovic deserves a shout.

edit: Really hope N'Gog rises to the challenge this year, he was very 50/50 - he'd do something brilliant then F**k something else up.
      double edit: While the fluidity of play was pleasant, I hope we show more respect/discipline/caution against stronger sides who will exploit this and severely make us pay.
      « Last Edit: Aug 05, 2010 10:45:51 pm by vitez »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #153: Aug 05, 2010 10:40:30 pm
      Only caught the last 10 mins.  :mad: Great block on the line from Kelly and from what I saw I can't wait to see Joe Cole linking up with Nando.

Job done lads. Well done.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,011 posts | 3352 
      Reply #154: Aug 05, 2010 10:41:18 pm
      Too easy. The way Liverpool should make football look.

We tore them apart, most pleasing was the fluidity of the side. Dani, Joey and Milan all interchanging throughout the game while Stevie and Lucas were both supporting the front lads. Certainly weren't looking static tonight, there was a lot of freedom for the lads to express themselves.

Man of the match, obvious choice is Cole but for me it's Kelly. Out of position, young lad and did a boss job in both halves. The little defensive duties he had, he did well. And going forward he looked promising. Looked very disciplined first half in terms of his attacking play then the second he drove forward with some real purpose.

Another assured performance from the boys. Two competitive games, two competitive wins and two competitive clean sheets. Almost the perfect start for Roy's Reds.

There's signs of something special going on at Anfield.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #155: Aug 05, 2010 10:42:53 pm

Win, lose or draw today, that would have been the case.

Did you quote the wrong post? :D

Boss result. Liking the way the lads are shaping up under Hodgson and can't wait for the rest of the lads to come back in to the squad.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #156: Aug 05, 2010 10:42:53 pm
      What did I learn from that game.

Jovanovich is as industrious as Kuyt, he puts some graft in.

Joe Cole is sheer Class, which I've always believed, so no surprises there, my man of the match by far.

Pachecho as much as I love the kid, Is not ready to be playing 90 minutes for the first team, think he's a better impact sub.

Kelly, Can't believe the maturity he plays with and he's ready to step up in my opinion.

We need to sign a better back up striker, I really do not want to go another season relying on NGog, if Nando gets a bad injury.

Agree with everything you just said. Pacheco showed good move's off the ball, and good intelligence, but he never seemed to know what to do when he got on the ball.

N'Gog, same as last season, got into good positions, but let's himself down when on the ball at times. We need to be more clinical, no doubt, and we we're caught on the counter a few times, better teams will make them situations a lot more difficult.

But Martin Kelly. How impressive, looked as if he was a seasoned pro, didn't put a foot wrong and was fantastic going forward, and defending, and he's great on the ball.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #157: Aug 05, 2010 10:43:38 pm
      Pat Dolan is fat w**ker. Setanta is becoming as bad as Sky.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #158: Aug 05, 2010 10:44:29 pm
      This isn't a dig at Rafa but its very refreshing to see our manager celebrate a goal and be a bit more animated in a non-robotic way.  Still miss ya though Rafa.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that game.  Joe Cole looks immense in that position behind the striker, can't wait to see him behind Torres.  And on that performance, along with all the others I have seen of his, Kelly deserves to be starting every match.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Rabotnicki Skopje: In-game & post-game droolage
      Reply #159: Aug 05, 2010 10:47:27 pm
      I liked to see our team play free flowing football without worrying about the actions of the gaff.

Nice to see how different changes come from different managers.

Nice to see our players playing with confidence and happiness and true passion.

Joe cole + Jovoc had a great run out. Johnson was careless at times, nice to see Pacheco get game time maybe it was a bit too much asking and he felt the pressure at times I felt.

Who does Ngog think he is trying to round the keeper? He's no lucas ;)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Rabotnicki Skopje: In-game & post-game droolage
      Reply #160: Aug 05, 2010 10:49:24 pm

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that game.  Joe Cole looks immense in that position behind the striker, can't wait to see him behind Torres.  And on that performance, along with all the others I have seen of his, Kelly deserves to be starting every match.

I agree entirely. Joe Cole definitely has to play in behing the striker, that's where he is at his best. I don't see the big problem of Insua going and replacing him because we don't need to, Kelly put in a great performance.

Quick Reply