Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

UEFA Champions League 2010/11

Read 174805 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: UEFA Champions League 2010/11
      Reply #2323: May 08, 2011 01:48:13 pm
      But that's the difference is it not, class players like iniesta, Xavi, Messi etc that can keep the ball for long periods and carve something out of nothing.

The mancs aren't even as good as they were in 2009! everyone seems to be forgetting that and getting caught up in the hype that will be blown up their arses by the English press.

I hope they're defence gets raped by Messi and Co and Ferguson is left a humiliated, broken man, knowing he'll never win three European Cups.

The c**t shouldn't even be acknowledged in the same breath as Paisley, Bob won three European Cups in Five years.

It's taken Ferguson well over a f**king decade.

Totally agree mate.  Can't see the scum getting a look in against Barca. 
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #2324: May 08, 2011 01:50:32 pm
      But that's the difference is it not, class players like iniesta, Xavi, Messi etc that can keep the ball for long periods and carve something out of nothing.

The mancs aren't even as good as they were in 2009! everyone seems to be forgetting that and getting caught up in the hype that will be blown up their arses by the English press.

I hope they're defence gets raped by Messi and Co and Ferguson is left a humiliated, broken man, knowing he'll never win three European Cups.

The c**t shouldn't even be acknowledged in the same breath as Paisley, Bob won three European Cups in Five years.

It's taken Ferguson well over a f**king decade.

You have a habit of summing up exactly the situation in a post!

Manc's are overrated and the media is getting all excited because they want them to win.

If United couldn't beat a weaker Barcelona WITH Ronaldo and Tevez then what makes people think they can do it without?

archit
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #2325: May 08, 2011 03:44:45 pm

It's taken Ferguson well over a F***ing decade.

Well as much as you claim people to get caught up in the hype generated by the british media, there can always be a counter claim which involves writing off united just because they are our rivals.
      That being said, there is no doubt that ferguson is over-rated and his comparision to bob paisley is exaggeration.recent 2 of their finals(99 and 08) have hardly been convincing victories and results would have been  easily different.
      But if arsenal can shut the gates at camp nou, united can do it at wembley.
      Its too idealistic if you assume iniesta,xavi or messi can come up with their moments of magic everytime opposition parks the bus.None of them did at camp nou last year against inter.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #2326: May 08, 2011 03:51:10 pm
      But if arsenal can shut the gates at camp nou, united can do it at wembley.
      Its too idealistic if you assume iniesta,xavi or messi can come up with their moments of magic everytime opposition parks the bus.None of them did at camp nou last year against inter.

How did Arsenal shut the gates at Camp Nou, they got beat, conceded an away goal at Emirates and it fu**ed them.

Again,  English media marvelling at Arsenal winning, but forgetting the important thing in European football, the away goal.

And it's too idealistic to believe that at least three of the best players on the planet will turn it on in a big game?

Let's face it, Messi did it in Rome, he'll do it at Wembley too!

Visca El Barca

archit
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #2327: May 08, 2011 05:46:51 pm
      How did Arsenal shut the gates at Camp Nou, they got beat, conceded an away goal at Emirates and it fu**ed them.

Again,  English media marvelling at Arsenal winning, but forgetting the important thing in European football, the away goal.

And it's too idealistic to believe that at least three of the best players on the planet will turn it on in a big game?

Let's face it, Messi did it in Rome, he'll do it at Wembley too!

Visca El Barca

Stoke city has a better defense than arsenal if they decide to sit deep. United has a much better version of it.
      I never spoke about the first leg, i only highlighted the fact that a second-rate arsenal defense could more or less hold barcelona at bay when they parked the bus.A feat unimaginable had the defense played higher up the pitch.
      You got the whole thing wrong, mate. I'm not speculating the outcome of the game as you assumed.rather claiming that counter-attack is the only way for fergie to stop barca as opposed to redlfcblood's notion that attacking them and playing up the pitch is the solution. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #2328: May 08, 2011 06:34:47 pm
      Stoke city has a better defense than arsenal if they decide to sit deep. United has a much better version of it.
      I never spoke about the first leg, i only highlighted the fact that a second-rate arsenal defense could more or less hold barcelona at bay when they parked the bus.A feat unimaginable had the defense played higher up the pitch.
      You got the whole thing wrong, mate. I'm not speculating the outcome of the game as you assumed.rather claiming that counter-attack is the only way for fergie to stop barca as opposed to redlfcblood's notion that attacking them and playing up the pitch is the solution. 

I'm contemplating nothing but a Barca victory, anything else would need me to lie down in a very darkened room.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2329: May 11, 2011 07:58:36 am
      City in with the lowest ranking means they are possibly going to face strong opposition in he qualifiers. Hope they meet a Spanish team and get knocked out.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #2330: May 11, 2011 08:12:41 am
      City in with the lowest ranking means they are possibly going to face strong opposition in he qualifiers. Hope they meet a Spanish team and get knocked out.
      It's petty I know but I would literally be crying with laughter if that happened. Even better if we then knocked them out of the Europa!
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #2331: May 11, 2011 08:42:28 am

:lmao: That would be hilarious - when is the draw?
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #2332: May 11, 2011 09:10:06 am
      20TH June by all accounts.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #2333: May 11, 2011 03:01:30 pm

:lmao: Harsh, but good call  ;D

They won't go far at all......us, on the other hand, would have done  :(
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #2334: May 19, 2011 10:26:36 pm
      Two Champions League Final tickets at Wembley being sold for an amazingly 3,750 pounds.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2335: May 19, 2011 10:47:34 pm
      City look like finishing 3rd now anyway, so won't have to play a qualifier, Arsenal will be well seeded, so will get an easier tie.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #2336: May 20, 2011 12:25:42 pm
      Two Champions League Final tickets at Wembley being sold for an amazingly 3,750 pounds.
      :o
      redjames83
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #2337: May 21, 2011 01:18:36 pm
      I would love for city to get knocked out! there are some tough teams in their!! 3750 for 2 tickets is unreal!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #2338: May 21, 2011 02:06:37 pm

Good, plenty of mancs getting ripped off then.

That'll be for the first round qualifiers, City or Arsenal aren't in until the third round qualifier, which is drawn end of July/beginning of August.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #2339: May 21, 2011 05:08:31 pm
      I know a lad, who got 2 tickets for 87 pounds each, suppose being a season ticket holder helps.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #2340: May 21, 2011 07:05:46 pm
      I know a lad, who got 2 tickets for 87 pounds each, suppose being a season ticket holder helps.

They'll be the cheapest tickets that'll be provided by the club.

Thinking back I think mine were around £60 - £70 for Istanbul.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #2341: May 21, 2011 07:12:53 pm
      They'll be the cheapest tickets that'll be provided by the club.

Thinking back I think mine were around £60 - £70 for Istanbul.
      Any seats would do! I'd pay virtually anything to be in the stadium for any cup final. The experience would be worth it. I only ever met one person who had tickets for Istanbul, he even let me hold it in my hand too, just before the Villa game.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #2342: May 21, 2011 07:22:25 pm
      Any seats would do! I'd pay virtually anything to be in the stadium for any cup final. The experience would be worth it. I only ever met one person who had tickets for Istanbul, he even let me hold it in my hand too, just before the Villa game.

I'd originally gave away my fancard to one of the lads, because I couldn't afford the flight, call it luck, karma, paying your dues, whatever, but I only found out I was going at around 6.30pm the night before, when the lad who I gave the fancard to, rang me to tell he'd lost his passport.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #2343: May 25, 2011 09:29:58 pm
      So how many are the mancs going to get stuffed by on Sat then? 3-1 to Barca I reckon....I hope anyway, can't wait to see them all crying on the Wembley pitch  :lmao:
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #2344: May 25, 2011 09:32:13 pm
      I put €5 on that score today Cas with Messi 1st goal @ 50/1

But i dont really care what score it is once Barca beat them.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #2345: May 25, 2011 09:33:38 pm
      I put €5 on that score today Cas with Messi 1st goal @ 50/1

But i dont really care what score it is once Barca beat them.

Same here Kenny, good luck with that bet, you owe me a drink it that comes through  ;)  :laugh:

Quick Reply