Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Who will we replace in the top four?

Read 1744 times
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Who will we replace in the top four?
      May 18, 2011 09:39:09 pm
      A great deal of us on here are adamant we'll be mounting a title challenge next season so it goes without saying that the majority are assuming we'll be at the very least a top four side.  The question is who will we replace: Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City/Tottenham or Man Utd?

I've grouped Tottenham and Man City together as they've collectively loaned our spot in the Champion's League from us for the past two seasons whereas Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd have been mainstays the past few years.

So, who do you think we'll push down the pecking order and why?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Who will we replace in the top four?
      Reply #1: May 18, 2011 09:43:20 pm
      If Arsenal want to continue the way they've been going recently then it will be them. But I'd fully expect Arsenal to wake up and buck up now given the competition there is for the CL places now. I wouldn't be surprised to see Man City have some internal problems which could show on the pitch. I'm expecting that to happen and half expecting Mancini to be given the shove someway through next season so that's our window there I feel. So I'd plump for Manchester City.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #2: May 18, 2011 09:46:26 pm
      I still think Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal and ourselves are the biggest four sides in the league.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3: May 18, 2011 09:48:08 pm
      I'd say City competing in the Champions League will have an adverse effect on them like it did Spuds imo.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #4: May 18, 2011 09:56:40 pm
      I think City will be just fine IMO. Especially with the players they're looking to bring in.

I say United will defiantly be in the top 4 next season.

Chelsea - I see them struggling. I know they will spend big (Neymar for example) but I feel that they're star players like Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Malouda, Anelka, Cole are all over 30 and will be getting a year older. I can see them taking a massive nose dive when their star players start showing their age they lose their edge, and they've shown signs of doing that already.

Arsenal - Key players look unhappy (Fabgregas, Nasri, Clichy), they need to buy a goalkeeper, centre half and a striker if they want to compete. Firstly I'm not sure their now owner wants to invest and I am not sure Wenger wants to spend either. I see them having a poor season next season.

Spurs - I see them losing a key player and struggling next season. I see them finishing 6/7 next season after having their moment in the spotlight.

Also that the title name seems to me that we're over confident. Its not going to be easy to get back into the top 4. Lot of teams chasing the same thing we are.
      AlexG05
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 136 posts |
      • We Go Again
      Reply #5: May 18, 2011 10:14:55 pm
      I see the top four next year being Man U, Chelsea, Man City, and LFC. Not necessarily in that order.

Arsenal and Spurs just look to have to many issues and will needs to bring in a lot of new players. Transitioning is always rough.   
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #6: May 18, 2011 10:17:39 pm
      I think Tottenham were a one-season wonder. Yes they challenged, but I think we all knew Man City was going to get that fourth spot normally reserved for LFC. I think Arsenal are the most likely to slip up, followed by Chelsea. It all depends on investment...
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #7: May 18, 2011 10:18:57 pm
      Arsenal will be out. I see some big players leaving them.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #8: May 18, 2011 10:33:31 pm
      Arsenal will blow a gasket next season, man city would have a taste of it and spend more to stay there, chelsea should be there but depending on their summer who knows and the mancs, well we know they will be there, so out the lot im going with arsenal who are the team there for the taking.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #9: May 18, 2011 10:34:44 pm
      The proper top 4. City can F**k off. Mancini is sh*te and he'll be sacked come December when they're 6th in the league and just miss out on the knockouts in the CL.
      jack_lfc
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts |
      Reply #10: May 18, 2011 10:44:26 pm
      The proper top 4. City can f**k off. Mancini is sh*te and he'll be sacked come December when they're 6th in the league and just miss out on the knockouts in the CL.
      [/quote

No he's not.  3 Serie A titles, 4 Italian Cups and a Fa Cup.  His style of football isn't great but he's a good manager
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #11: May 18, 2011 10:55:04 pm
      ManUre.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #12: May 18, 2011 11:13:27 pm
      I see the top four next year being Man U, Chelsea, Man City, and LFC. Not necessarily in that order.

Arsenal and Spurs just look to have to many issues and will needs to bring in a lot of new players. Transitioning is always rough.   

Yes, we've got a bit to do as well...
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #13: May 19, 2011 09:34:02 am
      Arsenal's place in the top four will be threatened if Nasri and Fabregas do leave.

I still have a feeling Chelsea are on the decline. Tons of players approaching 30 and wrong side of 30 and hardly and youngsters in their team. Even Sturridge doesn't want to go back to sit on the bench behind Torres, Drogba, Anelka and even Kalou. Also uncertainties regarding Carlo Ancelotti's future.

I know our form has been top four form since Kenny took charge but as we all know, we're still short of a few quality players to get back our spot for the long term.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #14: May 19, 2011 09:47:40 am
       Imagine the excitement around Anfield this time next season when we see Manure have finished 6th or 7th in the league,and we have finished top of course.the party would last for weeks.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #15: May 19, 2011 11:04:55 am
      Arsenal
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #16: May 19, 2011 11:10:50 am
      Personally I couldn't give 2 hoots who finishes where ! My sole attention next season is one match at a time ! let the others be wary of us !
      LFCexiled
      Reply #17: May 19, 2011 11:54:22 am
      All depends on what happens in the Summer.

I'm hoping we push manure down obviously but I have a feeling the arse are going to struggle to stay top 4 next season.

Quick Reply