Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

The Topic With No Real Subject

Read 899327 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: The Topic With No Real Subject
      Reply #15663: May 29, 2016 02:02:53 pm
      Just had a look in a blue tits nest down my garden they have hatched but couldnt tell how many , hope for some nice westher they are dependant on lots of bugs at a young age .

Yep, expect your caterpillar population to decrease over the next couple of weeks mate.

Are they in a nest box? 

We got one of those boxes with a camera in which was lovely the first time it was occupied but something happened to the male and although the eggs all hatched, all the young died of starvation and cold. 

Mum just couldn't cope on her own and it was awful knowing there's not a damn thing you can do to help :(

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #15664: May 29, 2016 05:27:55 pm
      Yep, expect your caterpillar population to decrease over the next couple of weeks mate.

Are they in a nest box? 

We got one of those boxes with a camera in which was lovely the first time it was occupied but something happened to the male and although the eggs all hatched, all the young died of starvation and cold. 

Mum just couldn't cope on her own and it was awful knowing there's not a damn thing you can do to help :(

Yes Debs they are in a box down my garden  it's a crucial time now if it goes cold and wet that's when they struggle , I've been thinking of getting a box with a camera in it  the box that's there now is one I made and put up I also got a sparrow box up on the side of my house a three hole one .
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15665: May 29, 2016 05:36:31 pm
      Yes Debs they are in a box down my garden  it's a crucial time now if it goes cold and wet that's when they struggle , I've been thinking of getting a box with a camera in it  the box that's there now is one I made and put up I also got a sparrow box up on the side of my house a three hole one .

It's such a fragile balance mate, get their timing wrong and it's a disaster but if they're an experienced pair they should be fine.

You don't see many gardens catering for sparrows, tree sparrows especially.  Do you know type they are that are nesting?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #15666: May 29, 2016 05:50:32 pm
      They are house sparrows , had the box up about three years before it attracted any it's full every year now .Every little bit helps mate .
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15667: May 29, 2016 05:58:24 pm
      They are house sparrows , had the box up about three years before it attracted any it's full every year now .Every little bit helps mate .

Absolutely mate  :gt-happyup:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #15668: May 30, 2016 01:09:46 am

Will try and get some photos for you ive got some crackers of slow worms mating   was told nog many have seen that 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #15669: May 30, 2016 09:27:16 am
      Found three nests today  two great tits  and one blue tit chicks in the three of them  , think ive also found a peregrines nest .

After reading the discussion above this post it took me a minute to work out that Andy was actually talking about birds here. ;D
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #15670: May 30, 2016 09:31:38 am
      After reading the discussion above this post it took me a minute to work out that Andy was actually talking about birds here. ;D

huh!

;D  :ernaehrung004:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15671: May 30, 2016 10:15:46 am
      Will try and get some photos for you ive got some crackers of slow worms mating   was told nog many have seen that 

Definitely not mate, although I've seen slugs mating which is fairly uncommon too.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #15672: May 30, 2016 10:55:49 pm
      Definitely not mate, although I've seen slugs mating which is fairly uncommon too.

What I didn't tell you Debs about two years ago I filmed on my phone a female peregrine training her chick and I filmed it from my front door .
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15673: May 30, 2016 11:04:25 pm
      What I didn't tell you Debs about two years ago I filmed on my phone a female peregrine training her chick and I filmed it from my front door .

Now I'm really jealous mate, that would be awesome to watch especially from your front door.

I've ringed barn owls, barn owl and tawny owl chicks which is an amazing experience although I didn't enjoy climbing the tree to get to the tawnys  :D
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #15674: May 30, 2016 11:18:48 pm
      Now I'm really jealous mate, that would be awesome to watch especially from your front door.

I've ringed barn owls, barn owl and tawny owl chicks which is an amazing experience although I didn't enjoy climbing the tree to get to the tawnys  :D
      I will see if I can send it to my new phone if you want I will send it to you to have a look at .
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15675: May 31, 2016 07:37:40 am
      I will see if I can send it to my new phone if you want I will send it to you to have a look at .

Love to mate.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15676: Jun 18, 2016 10:47:57 pm
      Longest shot in the world here.

Anybody know anyone with a bolt hole in Wales for a family of five beginning July 18th for a week.

Ideal situation would be a cottage in the middle of nowhere but anything would be helpful.

I do Ian but not sure if they'll be using it that week.  It's not necessarily in the middle of nowhere though, it's on the coast near Barmouth. 

I'll see if I can get hold of her and find out but you'll have to wait till I'm back in work on Thursday to get her number.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15677: Jun 22, 2016 09:16:49 pm
      I hope nobody takes offense at this but I hate to see things wasted, especially when they're still usable.

My daughter is moving house in a few weeks and has had a big clearout of Keiras stuff, clothes, shoes/boots/wellies and various toys that shes outgrown.

Clothes are mainly age 4/5, girls obviously and a mixture of dresses, jeans, tops, jamas and some dressing up stuff (princess type) shoes etc are size 8/9/10.

I've no idea about the toys I've not sorted through them yet but there's peppa pig stuff, dolls, teddys etc.

Anyway I know for some people things are still tight so if any of you can make use of them, or know anyone who can, let me know and you can have them.  If not they'll be going to a charity shop.

PM me if you're interested.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15678: Jun 26, 2016 10:03:00 pm
      Something really random's happened in our village this week.

Months ago our old swimming baths were demolished and eventually the site cleared, nobody seems to know what it's going to be used for but this week a red shipping container has arrived alongside a white cabin type building. 

The red container seems to be a Liverpool FC one as it has the Warrior logo in black and a yellow Liverbird on it and the white cabin says "programmes and tickets" along the top.  I don't mean like just stickers or anything, they're clearly visible driving past it.

I'm now like a curious cat that needs to know what's going on  :laugh:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #15679: Jun 26, 2016 10:37:44 pm
      The daughter has finally moved out this weekend taking our grandson with her been wth us for almost six years ,  it's all so quiet and have to say I'm not liking it , just passed his bedroom and it's all empty have to admit I almost had a tear is it selfish to have wanted him to stay .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #15680: Jun 26, 2016 10:57:15 pm
      The daughter has finally moved out this weekend taking our grandson with her been wth us for almost six years ,  it's all so quiet and have to say I'm not liking it , just passed his bedroom and it's all empty have to admit I almost had a tear is it selfish to have wanted him to stay .

No shame in that, after spending so much time with family, it would be hard to suddenly have them go. My oldest is about 5 years from graduating high school at which time he'll likely go on to college and  I'm already dreading it.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15681: Jun 26, 2016 10:58:53 pm

Yes mate.  As hard as it is to see them go they need to forge their own future, in their own space, somewhere that is their own home.  Be grateful for the 6 years you've had but happy that they've been able to take the step to go.

I'm going to be losing my eldest granddaughter in a few weeks as my daughter is moving away.  There'll be no more taking to and picking up from school, no more sleepovers when Leannes on a late or early shift but I'm glad that they've found someone who wants them as part of his family. 

She'll be back during the holidays though as I'm sure you're grandson will be.

Big  :hug: for you as I know you'll miss them terribly.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #15682: Jun 29, 2016 06:51:58 pm
      Sitting in LA airport at the bar and the men are weird.

They either drink Bud Light or weird cocktails.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #15683: Jun 29, 2016 09:08:09 pm
      Sitting in LA airport at the bar and the men are weird.

They either drink Bud Light or weird cocktails.

Sitting at Heathrow T5, place is deserted...mind I am at gate 33 which is in another building..
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #15684: Jul 03, 2016 07:17:21 pm
      Had a nice picking of strawberries and blackcurants this morning .
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15685: Aug 07, 2016 02:20:19 pm
       :angry-smiley-034: :laughing-smiley-014: :confused-smiley-013: :dunceblock: :holyshit: :romanjury: :action-smiley-060: :depressed: :smack: :stress_h4h:

All the emotions Paul goes through when I say "will ya disconnect all ya tech so I can decorate"  :lmao:

Quick Reply