Trending Topics

Next match: Tranmere v LFC [Friendly] Thu 11th Jul @ 7:30 pm
      Prenton Park

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

The Topic With No Real Subject

Read 734145 times
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,352 posts | 295 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Re: The Topic With No Real Subject
      Reply #15800: Nov 28, 2016 07:06:21 pm
      My dad just did a sky dive in aid of a charity that funds cancer research and assistance.

If anyone's able to spare a few bob for a donation it would be greatly appreciated, he's so near his target! His justgiving page can be found here - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Steve-Smith98
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,826 posts | 2289 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #15801: Nov 28, 2016 07:15:42 pm
      What's the best thing about Switzerland?

I don't know, but their flag is a huge plus!

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,935 posts | 2209 
      Reply #15802: Nov 29, 2016 04:58:20 pm
      What a day! 

Been on the go since 8am, picking up models, doing trade tests etc and was nervous as hell for this interview today, no idea why cos they never normally bother me but.............. I start tomorrow  ;D

Fabulous salon, get to choose my own hours and days, tomorrow is just morning as they'd already got half a days colour training so thought may as well go as I've not used their colours for a few years, then working Friday to meet everyone and find my way around then start properly next week.

Gotta get my arse in gear after being a lady of leisure for a couple of months but I'm ready to get back.  Just got to check fixtures to see which Saturday afternoons I need to have off  ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,412 posts | 3208 
      Reply #15803: Nov 29, 2016 05:18:24 pm
      What a day! 

Been on the go since 8am, picking up models, doing trade tests etc and was nervous as hell for this interview today, no idea why cos they never normally bother me but.............. I start tomorrow  ;D

Fabulous salon, get to choose my own hours and days, tomorrow is just morning as they'd already got half a days colour training so thought may as well go as I've not used their colours for a few years, then working Friday to meet everyone and find my way around then start properly next week.

Gotta get my arse in gear after being a lady of leisure for a couple of months but I'm ready to get back.  Just got to check fixtures to see which Saturday afternoons I need to have off  ;D

Haha nice swan Debs knew you'd do it, they must have been well impressed with your CV and more importantly your presentation and credibility.
      Best of luck again kidda but doubt you'll need any you're gonna piss it.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,935 posts | 2209 
      Reply #15804: Nov 29, 2016 05:21:07 pm
      Haha nice swan Debs knew you'd do it, they must have been well impressed with your CV and more importantly your presentation and credibility.
      Best of luck again kidda but doubt you'll need any you're gonna piss it.

Thanks mate. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,355 posts | 3602 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #15805: Nov 29, 2016 09:49:36 pm
      What a day! 

Well in Debs  :gt-happyup:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,935 posts | 2209 
      Reply #15806: Nov 29, 2016 10:25:09 pm

Cheers Ben.  Even better day after that win 👍
      Firepool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,214 posts | 196 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #15807: Nov 30, 2016 01:11:14 am
      Congrats Deb. I am sure you will do great and it won't take you long to get back into the swing of things.
      andylfcynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,553 posts | 812 
      Reply #15808: Nov 30, 2016 08:33:33 am
      What a day! 

Well in Debs   worth waiting for the right opportunity  .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,786 posts | 3418 
      Reply #15809: Nov 30, 2016 03:38:48 pm
      What a day! 

Great news, good for you and give 'em hell!!!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,935 posts | 2209 
      Reply #15810: Nov 30, 2016 04:46:09 pm
      Congrats Deb. I am sure you will do great and it won't take you long to get back into the swing of things.

Well in Debs   worth waiting for the right opportunity  .

Great news, good for you and give 'em hell!!!

Thank you guys  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,935 posts | 2209 
      Reply #15811: Dec 11, 2016 07:40:37 pm
      Don't know if anyone's been watching strictly this series but the quality this year has been amazing.

The choreography has been spectacular but not just that they've brought a fantastic modern twist to the routines especially with the music they've used for them.

These new professionals have brought a real breath of fresh air to the programme and really pushed the celebs far more than previous seasons.

Been brill, loved it 💖
      MsGerrard
      Reply #15812: Dec 12, 2016 07:00:55 pm
      Don't know if anyone's been watching strictly this series but the quality this year has been amazing.

The choreography has been spectacular but not just that they've brought a fantastic modern twist to the routines especially with the music they've used for them.

These new professionals have brought a real breath of fresh air to the programme and really pushed the celebs far more than previous seasons.

Been brill, loved it 💖

I've been watching it most weeks Debs and I love it, haven't seen last nights results show yet, due to me being at the match, so I still don't know who went out last night, but the standard has been breathtaking this series, I don't want it to finish, I hope Louise wins it, but they're all brilliant.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,935 posts | 2209 
      Reply #15813: Dec 12, 2016 07:07:17 pm
      I've been watching it most weeks Debs and I love it, haven't seen last nights results show yet, due to me being at the match, so I still don't know who went out last night, but the standard has been breathtaking this series, I don't want it to finish, I hope Louise wins it, but they're all brilliant.

It has Cas and yeah me too.  She's really come into her own these last few weeks and given some stunning performances.  She deserves it but I have a feeling Danny might win it as he's been consistant all the way through.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,625 posts | 5014 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15814: Dec 16, 2016 04:00:11 pm
      Off to Shetland on Tuesday for the first time since in years. Spending the shortest day in the far north - gonna be dark! Looking forward to it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,786 posts | 3418 
      Reply #15815: Dec 16, 2016 04:12:46 pm
      So have waited for months for my two weeks off at the end of the year, no traveling, no emails, no phone calls, just relax and of course I come down with a cold. Such is life, today is still the last day I work this year  so I'm pretty pumped about that. Bring on Christmas!!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,802 posts | 1951 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #15816: Dec 22, 2016 07:26:20 am
      Is the official website of LFC down?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,156 posts | 1787 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #15817: Dec 22, 2016 07:44:35 am
      Is the official website of LFC down?

Winter break?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,802 posts | 1951 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #15818: Dec 22, 2016 08:57:36 am
      LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,046 posts | 1052 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #15819: Dec 22, 2016 05:41:20 pm
      22nd of December and in the space of two days I've caught a huge (by UK standards) spider (that could bloody jump) in the house and I've just released a ladybird (orange) back into the wild out of our bathroom.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,352 posts | 295 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #15820: Jan 16, 2017 02:28:20 pm
      Have been really down with work the last few months due to changes they've implemented which I feel has taken away most of the autonomy from my job meaning that any of the managers in our stores (myself included) are being micromanaged to hell.

I'm just unsure on whether to relocate back to the UK with my family, or stay here in Ireland and look for something else. First option is the easiest I think but just can't make my mind up. Problem is I don't want to get to the point where I completely lose all care for the job I'm in as I obviously want to go out on good terms too.

Only turning 27 this year so have a while ahead of me yet, I was thinking of taking a month or so off anyway, I've never been out of work since I was 15 but would like a bit of me time to get my head straight and try get my ass back into gear fitness wise.

Any advice would be appreciated, still in two minds! :roll:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,786 posts | 3418 
      Reply #15821: Jan 16, 2017 02:50:30 pm
      Have been really down with work the last few months due to changes they've implemented which I feel has taken away most of the autonomy from my job meaning that any of the managers in our stores (myself included) are being micromanaged to hell.

I'm just unsure on whether to relocate back to the UK with my family, or stay here in Ireland and look for something else. First option is the easiest I think but just can't make my mind up. Problem is I don't want to get to the point where I completely lose all care for the job I'm in as I obviously want to go out on good terms too.

Only turning 27 this year so have a while ahead of me yet, I was thinking of taking a month or so off anyway, I've never been out of work since I was 15 but would like a bit of me time to get my head straight and try get my ass back into gear fitness wise.

Any advice would be appreciated, still in two minds! :roll:

If the real problem is your lack of autonomy,  how do you know that moving and switching jobs is going to guarantee  that  changes?

As for taking a month off. Sorry if this comes across harshly, but what is it with Millenials and this "taking time off"? I make pretty good money, have a good job and I couldn't afford to take a month off. I'm also not sure how that will get your head straight IF your problem is lack of autonomy in your job. If I were to psychoanalyze you (you did ask for advice :)) I'd say you just want an excuse to take a break for awhile. If that's the case and you can afford it, then take a break, but remember one thing....you can't  run from your real problems, you will always carry them with you no matter where you go and for how long you are away.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,352 posts | 295 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #15822: Jan 16, 2017 03:11:05 pm
      If the real problem is your lack of autonomy,  how do you know that moving and switching jobs is going to guarantee  that  changes?

As for taking a month off. Sorry if this comes across harshly, but what is it with Millenials and this "taking time off"? I make pretty good money, have a good job and I couldn't afford to take a month off. I'm also not sure how that will get your head straight IF your problem is lack of autonomy in your job. If I were to psychoanalyze you (you did ask for advice :)) I'd say you just want an excuse to take a break for awhile. If that's the case and you can afford it, then take a break, but remember one thing....you can't  run from your real problems, you will always carry them with you no matter where you go and for how long you are away.

I don't but it will either be worth the risk or it won't I guess. I suppose the reason I've started to dislike it is due to those changes that have removed the control I once had. (I'm a self confessed control freak!)
      The micromanaging has gotten extremely bad the last few months also, and is down to others not doing their jobs properly I guess.

Not harsh at all, I'm not looking to take time off for the hell of it but just feel like my head isn't in the right place at present for a number of reasons but it's only something I'm contemplating for now. If I do relocate, I'm going to have to get my national insurance number first anyway, and with being born in the UK that should speed the process up for me. I do miss my family, I live alone and am not in the vicinity of any close family so I rely on trips over for weekends every now and then, that's another reason I'm contemplating relocating.

I haven't got a hard life or anything, just feel like I need a change I guess?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,786 posts | 3418 
      Reply #15823: Jan 16, 2017 03:36:55 pm
      I don't but it will either be worth the risk or it won't I guess. I suppose the reason I've started to dislike it is due to those changes that have removed the control I once had. (I'm a self confessed control freak!)
      The micromanaging has gotten extremely bad the last few months also, and is down to others not doing their jobs properly I guess.

Not harsh at all, I'm not looking to take time off for the hell of it but just feel like my head isn't in the right place at present for a number of reasons but it's only something I'm contemplating for now. If I do relocate, I'm going to have to get my national insurance number first anyway, and with being born in the UK that should speed the process up for me. I do miss my family, I live alone and am not in the vicinity of any close family so I rely on trips over for weekends every now and then, that's another reason I'm contemplating relocating.

I haven't got a hard life or anything, just feel like I need a change I guess?

Understand. It can be difficult living that far away from family. For some it's a blessing, for others not so much. My only advice being a little further along in life (I'm 41), would be to make sure you aren't making a change just for the sake of changing. One area where I feel I've done better in my life is not leaving jobs on a whim and trying to work through rough patches. I get what you are saying about the micromanaging....it's  usually the sign of a boss that's not secure in their own skin and insecure about their own skills and abilities. Unfortunately, micro-managers are usually the rule and not the exception. Take it from me, I've had about 10 different bosses over the course of my 18 years of professional work and don't know that I can say that any of  them were  the hands off kind of boss that I try to be with my guys. You don't know anything about  IT Security do you? You could come to the U.S. because I need to find some good people. ;D

Hang in there, and just make sure whatever you decide, look at the long view and make sure you don't trade one kind of rough situation for one that is really rough down  the road if that makes sense.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,352 posts | 295 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #15824: Jan 16, 2017 04:13:40 pm
      Understand. It can be difficult living that far away from family. For some it's a blessing, for others not so much. My only advice being a little further along in life (I'm 41), would be to make sure you aren't making a change just for the sake of changing. One area where I feel I've done better in my life is not leaving jobs on a whim and trying to work through rough patches. I get what you are saying about the micromanaging....it's  usually the sign of a boss that's not secure in their own skin and insecure about their own skills and abilities. Unfortunately, micro-managers are usually the rule and not the exception. Take it from me, I've had about 10 different bosses over the course of my 18 years of professional work and don't know that I can say that any of  them were  the hands off kind of boss that I try to be with my guys. You don't know anything about  IT Security do you? You could come to the U.S. because I need to find some good people. ;D

Hang in there, and just make sure whatever you decide, look at the long view and make sure you don't trade one kind of rough situation for one that is really rough down  the road if that makes sense.

Thanks FL! :)

Yeah I'm the same with my guys as is my line(area) manager. It's the other departments implementing things that are the problem.

The family side of it is where I'm torn most I guess.. I'll make my mind up eventually I'm sure. Trying not to do it on a whim, but I've been unhappy in the job since last summer.

And unfortunately not on the IT Security, not bad with technology but I wouldn't have the faintest idea about security! :laugh:

Quick Reply