Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Champions League] Sat 1st Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Estadio Metropolitano, Madrid

Today is the 27th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

The Topic With No Real Subject

Read 733424 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,935 posts | 2209 
      Re: The Topic With No Real Subject
      Reply #15825: Jan 16, 2017 07:47:10 pm
      Have been really down with work the last few months due to changes they've implemented which I feel has taken away most of the autonomy from my job meaning that any of the managers in our stores (myself included) are being micromanaged to hell.

I'm just unsure on whether to relocate back to the UK with my family, or stay here in Ireland and look for something else. First option is the easiest I think but just can't make my mind up. Problem is I don't want to get to the point where I completely lose all care for the job I'm in as I obviously want to go out on good terms too.

Only turning 27 this year so have a while ahead of me yet, I was thinking of taking a month or so off anyway, I've never been out of work since I was 15 but would like a bit of me time to get my head straight and try get my ass back into gear fitness wise.

Any advice would be appreciated, still in two minds! :roll:

If you can relocate to be nearer family and have a job to go to (after some "me" time), do it mate.

From my experience if work hasn't been enjoyable since last summer it's unlikely to improve anytime soon and it's always best to be proactive than reactive in those circumstances.

It's easier to find something better whilst you're in work, as you can pick and choose the best options, especially with management experience so start job hunting, see what's out there near the family, sometimes just that can be a positive.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,351 posts | 295 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #15826: Jan 16, 2017 08:35:31 pm
      If you can relocate to be nearer family and have a job to go to (after some "me" time), do it mate.

From my experience if work hasn't been enjoyable since last summer it's unlikely to improve anytime soon and it's always best to be proactive than reactive in those circumstances.

It's easier to find something better whilst you're in work, as you can pick and choose the best options, especially with management experience so start job hunting, see what's out there near the family, sometimes just that can be a positive.

Thanks Debs, yeah currently looking for stuff near them.

There is some work available, not exactly what I'm doing but beggars can't be choosers. :)

Plus if I move over, I should get to more games in theory... :laugh:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,935 posts | 2209 
      Reply #15827: Jan 16, 2017 08:52:31 pm
      Thanks Debs, yeah currently looking for stuff near them.

There is some work available, not exactly what I'm doing but beggars can't be choosers. :)

Plus if I move over, I should get to more games in theory... :laugh:

What do you do mate?  I wouldn't be looking at or going for jobs you're not really interested in mate, it kinda defeats the object of changing (apart from the move home).

Well I was going to mention it but .......
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,351 posts | 295 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #15828: Jan 17, 2017 06:50:49 pm
      What do you do mate?  I wouldn't be looking at or going for jobs you're not really interested in mate, it kinda defeats the object of changing (apart from the move home).

Well I was going to mention it but .......

I'm currently a store manager for a company like EE etc, we sell anything mobile service or fixed service wise.

It does defeat the purpose, again a reason why I thought the month out might have been a good idea. I would like something new for a challenge, but wouldn't have the faintest idea of what to look at or what to do.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,756 posts | 2678 
      Reply #15829: Jan 17, 2017 07:01:54 pm
      Just had a ciggie after 2 month break ...
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,935 posts | 2209 
      Reply #15830: Jan 17, 2017 07:10:34 pm
      I'm currently a store manager for a company like EE etc, we sell anything mobile service or fixed service wise.

It does defeat the purpose, again a reason why I thought the month out might have been a good idea. I would like something new for a challenge, but wouldn't have the faintest idea of what to look at or what to do.

You'd be surprised at how many transferrable skills and experience you have though mate.  Might be an idea to go to a reputable recruitment agency, not for a job necessarily but to discuss what job sectors your skills are in demand, it could throw up some unexpected options for you.

Or just sit down and draft something yourself then do a job search based on skills rather than experience.  For example, management, retail, direct selling, customer service.  If you're particularly good at face to face selling and want more control on your working day and how you do your job maybe a sales rep would be a good place to look.  Decent money, company car, manage your own appointments and in some generic sales jobs you don't even need experience of the product.

Maybe get yourself an appointment with the adult careers service if they have them in Ireland.  They've helped my niece loads since she left the Navy.

All these can be done whilst you're still working.  Taking time out might seem a good idea but you're putting pressure on having to find something, usually anything, in a pretty short space of time which takes away your focus from your objectives.  If you need a short break to clear your head, take some leave if you have any left, unless you have enough cash put by to last for 6 months or so if the worst came to the worst.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,935 posts | 2209 
      Reply #15831: Jan 17, 2017 07:15:57 pm
      Just had a ciggie after 2 month break ...

Ah man!!! 

As a smoker myself Shabs I can imagine how you feel now - probably a bit light headed, even a bit sickly, pissed off that you've gone 2 months but you must have felt the need strongly mate. 

I've accepted now I'll never be able to quit, tried and failed so many times.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,756 posts | 2678 
      Reply #15832: Jan 17, 2017 08:09:43 pm
      Ah man!!! 

As a smoker myself Shabs I can imagine how you feel now - probably a bit light headed, even a bit sickly, pissed off that you've gone 2 months but you must have felt the need strongly mate. 

I've accepted now I'll never be able to quit, tried and failed so many times.

I Quit in 2000 Debbs only to relight in 2007 & been on off since, I stopped again start of November but out of boredom I just lit one up.... As I type I'm about to spark one up ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,935 posts | 2209 
      Reply #15833: Jan 17, 2017 08:11:08 pm
      I Quit in 2000 Debbs only to relight in 2007 & been on off since, I stopped again start of November but out of boredom I just lit one up.... As I type I'm about to spark one up ;D

I might just join you then mate  ;D
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,756 posts | 2678 
      Reply #15834: Jan 17, 2017 08:14:07 pm
      I might just join you then mate  ;D

Nicotine rush.... ;D
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,351 posts | 295 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #15835: Jan 18, 2017 02:15:56 pm
      You'd be surprised at how many transferrable skills and experience you have though mate.  Might be an idea to go to a reputable recruitment agency, not for a job necessarily but to discuss what job sectors your skills are in demand, it could throw up some unexpected options for you.

Or just sit down and draft something yourself then do a job search based on skills rather than experience.  For example, management, retail, direct selling, customer service.  If you're particularly good at face to face selling and want more control on your working day and how you do your job maybe a sales rep would be a good place to look.  Decent money, company car, manage your own appointments and in some generic sales jobs you don't even need experience of the product.

Maybe get yourself an appointment with the adult careers service if they have them in Ireland.  They've helped my niece loads since she left the Navy.

All these can be done whilst you're still working.  Taking time out might seem a good idea but you're putting pressure on having to find something, usually anything, in a pretty short space of time which takes away your focus from your objectives.  If you need a short break to clear your head, take some leave if you have any left, unless you have enough cash put by to last for 6 months or so if the worst came to the worst.

Thanks Debs. I'll only have about 4 days leave worked up by the time I would hope to leave.

I'll only really be going back to the UK with one months wages if I do relocate, and I'd be back with the family at least temporarily and it's my dad who advised me to take time off and get back to my normal self while I move back in with them.

Lot to think about! :)
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,351 posts | 295 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #15836: Feb 17, 2017 08:19:48 pm
      Decided to stay in Ireland and look for something new, I did hand in notice in before I found something but I look to have stumbled upon a great new opportunity here. New town/city and different company, might just be the change of scenery I need. ;D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,268 posts | 3309 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #15837: Feb 18, 2017 06:39:18 am
      Decided to stay in Ireland and look for something new, I did hand in notice in before I found something but I look to have stumbled upon a great new opportunity here. New town/city and different company, might just be the change of scenery I need. ;D

Keep us posted how it goes mate.
      Firepool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,213 posts | 196 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #15838: Feb 18, 2017 02:07:02 pm

Hope all goes well for you.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,453 posts | 3029 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #15839: Feb 18, 2017 11:36:22 pm

Good Luck IO.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,756 posts | 2678 
      Reply #15840: Mar 15, 2017 10:21:09 pm
      Early night as im off to Jerusalem tomorrow..
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,575 posts | 4969 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15841: Apr 06, 2017 05:56:39 pm
      What happened to citrus flavoured Polos?

Overcome with a serious craving for them even though I've not had them in 15 years or so.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,066 posts | 1752 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #15842: Apr 06, 2017 06:31:06 pm
      What happened to citrus flavoured Polos?

Overcome with a serious craving for them even though I've not had them in 15 years or so.

A man after my own heart !
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,575 posts | 4969 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15843: Apr 06, 2017 07:56:00 pm

Bringing it all back for you am I?

Aside from the arsenal that was pick n mix from Woolworths these were my weapon of choice in the sweets rank as a kid. That tingling feeling you got from your tastebuds before you took out the first Citrus polo. Often by my side as I played the Playstation or played in the school playground across from my house. A deadly combination!

These days the only chalky/yellow sweet you get is ecstacy tablets. But they just don't do the job.  :(

What a sh*t world.

« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2017 08:01:40 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,066 posts | 1752 
      Reply #15844: Apr 06, 2017 08:03:22 pm
      Bringing it all back for you am I?

Aside from the arsenal that was pick n mix from Woolworths these were my weapon of choice in the sweets rank as a kid. That tingling feeling you got from your tastebuds before you took out the first Citrus polo. Often by my side as I played the Playstation or played in the school playground across from my house. A deadly combination!

These days the only chalky/yellow sweet you get is ecstacy tablets. But they just don't do the job.  :(

What a sh*t world.

Ahh much better than the mint ones, remember the old fruit polos which were almost glued together ?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,575 posts | 4969 
      • YNWA
      Reply #15845: Apr 06, 2017 08:09:48 pm
      Ahh much better than the mint ones, remember the old fruit polos which were almost glued together ?

I do indeed. Exactly what I remember of them. If you tried to take one out of the packet you took the whole f**king lot with them! Was never quite a fan of them though. They also had butterscotch flavoured ones which were superb.

As for the mints? F**k them!

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,066 posts | 1752 
      Reply #15846: Apr 06, 2017 09:13:10 pm
      I do indeed. Exactly what I remember of them. If you tried to take one out of the packet you took the whole f**king lot with them! Was never quite a fan of them though. They also had butterscotch flavoured ones which were superb.

As for the mints? F**k them!

Forgot about the butterscotch ones, drooling just thinking about it
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,416 posts | 591 
      Reply #15847: Jun 27, 2017 12:37:12 pm
      Strange question for you Livepool lads or lasses  :D (( well I think it's strange coz don't know the answer.  ;D I was watching Coronation Street last nite and they were filing at The Liverpool / Albert docks I think. 

Why was there a load of pad locks on the chains running along the Mersey??

Ps.. Yes I know it was sad watching the Street but it is Manchester based before you Brookside guides start knocking me  ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,553 posts | 4112 
      Reply #15848: Jun 27, 2017 04:38:58 pm
      Why was there a load of pad locks on the chains running along the Mersey??

Did they used to have bikes attached to them?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,416 posts | 591 
      Reply #15849: Jun 27, 2017 06:49:14 pm
      Did they used to have bikes attached to them?

I thought of that but their were to many for that being a option really.

Quick Reply