Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Topic With No Real Subject

Read 890416 times
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Re: The Topic With No Real Subject
      Reply #69: Jul 13, 2007 02:14:44 pm
      I would like to own up to having over the years a Chris waddle hairstyle a Nigel Benn one (shaved round the ears) a dirty big perm so I looked like the hair bear bunch and I have shaved my bonce completely bald! The one thing I have never done is gone down the dye road,so come on who's had highlights or changed their hair colour or just had a disaster of a barnet? and if your honest I might dig a photo out of me with my perm, you will p**s yourself! ;D
      « Last Edit: Jul 13, 2007 02:17:38 pm by Glenbuck »
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #70: Jul 13, 2007 02:25:53 pm
      I would like to own up to having over the years a Chris waddle hairstyle a Nigel Benn one (shaved round the ears) a dirty big perm so I looked like the hair bear bunch and I have shaved my bonce completely bald! The one thing I have never done is gone down the dye road,so come on who's had highlights or changed their hair colour or just had a disaster of a barnet? and if your honest I might dig a photo out of me with my perm, you will p**s yourself! ;D

Haha I'm 19, and I have had
      a) No hair
      b) Some hair
      c) A bowl head (me Mam's fault, I'll never forgive her)
      d) Short back and sides
      e) Spiked up hair
      f) Wen't back to no hair again!  ;D
      g) Dodgy hair covering my ears
      h) No hair again, when I got tired of gelling in the morning
      i) Where I am now, with Fernando Torres (during his Atletico days) esque spike-head!

Never touched dye, and thankfully as I live in a rough part of Liverpool, never will!  ;D

You'll have to dig them pics up, they'll be hilarious!
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #71: Jul 13, 2007 02:32:20 pm
      make that 7 mate, Saints just beat Adeliade by 2 points....geez I hope you're not watching it on Channel 7 ;)...phew...the beers still safe ;D

Don't worry about picking the Swans to beat us....so did I ???

Haha Bloody hell I'm spewing right now. And it was looking so good after the first quarter. I didn't watch it but I had the gameday live from AFL.com up on my screen. That thing is pretty nifty. Agh well, seven ain't so bad and I would say the majority would have went for Adelaide....I hope. ;)
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #72: Jul 13, 2007 02:32:37 pm

I died my hair quite a few times in my early teens, must've been a phase I was going through. The stupidest haircut I had though was blonde chinlength plaits, looking back on it I looked like a tw*t, but I was 14 & I thought it looked cool. Nowadays I occassionaly get highlights, but I wouldn't dye the whole thing again.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #73: Jul 13, 2007 02:46:41 pm
      Haha I'm 19, and I have had
      a) No hair
      b) Some hair
      c) A bowl head (me Mam's fault, I'll never forgive her)
      d) Short back and sides
      e) Spiked up hair
      f) Wen't back to no hair again!  ;D
      g) Dodgy hair covering my ears
      h) No hair again, when I got tired of gelling in the morning
      I) Where I am now, with Fernando Torres (during his Atletico days) esque spike-head!

Never touched dye, and thankfully as I live in a rough part of Liverpool, never will!  ;D

You'll have to dig them pics up, they'll be hilarious!

I live in Seacombe mate it's hardly the fashion centre of Merseyside, loads of lads had streaks in their hair in the 80's and a side part wedge haircut don't ask me why, I myself couldn't take part because I had more cows licks than a dairy farmer so any deviation from the normal sensible cut was a no no, besides that I got used to me mam spitting on her hand and trying to flatten me hair down. ;D

a) bald
      b) bowl head ( I blame that girl with biddies I sat next to)
      c) a whopping big centre part that looked like I had been hit with an axe! also styled with hair covering ears.
      d) The perm - I had grown my hair into a sort of Chris Waddle Mullet thing and one day it was ready to be permed so I sat with the blue rinse brigade one Saturday morning and got curlied, the problem was I didn't know how much after care was needed then one day I gave it a good comb out and ended up looking like a cross between Jimi Hendrix and Don King!
      e)short back and sides,and my introduction to hair gel mainly as my mum had bronchitis and I didn't fancy another spit session!
      f) I now shave my hair through choice not through baldness as frankly I cant be bothered with the messing about with it and my Mrs likes it like that.

I had other lapses over the years like my Nigel Benn but I am fairly stable with haircuts now as I do my own, I was going to let the wife do it for me but you should see the mess she made of her......... I will leave it there I think ;)
      « Last Edit: Jul 13, 2007 02:50:16 pm by Glenbuck »
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #74: Jul 13, 2007 03:00:42 pm
      I live in Seacombe mate it's hardly the fashion centre of Merseyside, loads of lads had streaks in their hair in the 80's and a side part wedge haircut don't ask me why, I myself couldn't take part because I had more cows licks than a dairy farmer so any deviation from the normal sensible cut was a no no, besides that I got used to me mam spitting on her hand and trying to flatten me hair down. ;D

a) bald
      b) bowl head ( I blame that girl with biddies I sat next to)
      c) a whopping big centre part that looked like I had been hit with an axe! also styled with hair covering ears.
      d) The perm - I had grown my hair into a sort of Chris Waddle Mullet thing and one day it was ready to be permed so I sat with the blue rinse brigade one Saturday morning and got curlied, the problem was I didn't know how much after care was needed then one day I gave it a good comb out and ended up looking like a cross between Jimi Hendrix and Don King!
      e)short back and sides,and my introduction to hair gel mainly as my mum had bronchitis and I didn't fancy another spit session!
      f) I now shave my hair through choice not through baldness as frankly I cant be bothered with the messing about with it and my Mrs likes it like that.

I had other lapses over the years like my Nigel Benn but I am fairly stable with haircuts now as I do my own, I was going to let the wife do it for me but you should see the mess she made of her......... I will leave it there I think ;)

Haha me first skin head was actually me Mam's fault! Cutting me hair in the kitchen (cos we were skint probably) and she just sheared into me head!

It didn't help that I was the skinniest kid you've ever seen (which you wouldn't believe now looking at the ale-gut ;)) I ended up looking like a smack-head with a growth disorder!

Thinking a bit more length on me head would be great now! Just cool, not to the shoulders as I've got a mate who thinks its great having the long greasy hair and leather jacket thing! :laugh: He looks like Viv and Neil outta the Young Ones rolled into one! ;D
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #75: Jul 13, 2007 11:22:30 pm
      On the 1st of March of this year I started a topic called Liverpool FC related collections which had 93 viewings and absolutely ZERO replys which I was amazed at considering the passion of your average Liverpool fan. I have seen a similar thread started since but can't find it on the forum.
      The topic was self explanatory so I was wondering if people actually collected LFC memorabilia or was it just me?!
      I thought what could I collect that reflects my passion for Liverpool FC? The answer was so obvious - shirts and kits!

My original post was as follows...
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      I have been collecting various LFC shirts during the past 3 years. I have about 30 from different seasons, both home and away.

My favourite is the green, white and black Adidas away shirt from 1992 - It has "RUSH" and "9" on the rear, I paid £20 for it on Ebay and it came from Russia (Rushia!). I have since met Ian Rush and he signed it for me!
      I also have a "Farewell to the Spion Kop 1906-1994" T-shirt again original from Ebay!

I missed out on a classic shirt by £5 just after the heroics of Istanbul in 2005. It was an authentic Champions League Final shirt (with  the venue, date, badges etc) signed by 30 members of the Liverpool Staff and Squad. I started bidding at £120 but then got sucked into the Ebay "Gotta win it" trip!
      With 6 seconds of bidding left I thought I'd won it but at the death a final bid of £230 came in and won beating my bid by 5 poxy quid!! I emailed the winner to congratulate them saying if they were a true Red this was like a European Cup all of their own. It turned out that the winner was in the Attuturk Stadium that very night and had the ticket, programme and now a very special shirt to frame for all time!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      And that brings me on to the reason behind my post.
      Tonight I have won 2 Liverpool shirts from Ebay, one is pretty popular, the othe very, very rare!

The 1st is a 2006/08 Champions League Red shirt with "Gerrard 8" on the reverse complete with CL football patch and the blue European Cup 5 badge. Price £16.01. Bargain!  ;)

The next is a Limited Edition shirt to commemorate Juventus meeting Liverpool in the CL Quarter Finals in 2005.
      The add was as follows...

You are bidding on BNWT Juventus away shirt manufactured by Nike.  This is an authentic Nike item, not an Asian fake!!

What makes this item so special is that it contains on the chest, the Champions League Trophy, along with the game and venue details from the 2005 quarter final matches against Liverpool, (see pics). 

Only 20 of these shirts were ever produced so this is truly a one off opportunity to own a piece of history.

Size XLarge.

Surely this has to be one of the greatest Juventus shirts ever to be offered and will look fantastic either worn at the game, or framed for home/office display.

No fakes here!!!     NO RESERVE on this item!!!!!!   Happy bidding!!!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sold to RED1028 for £36.00! Tell you what, I was made up! 
      :cheeky-grin: :scarf: :champ: :gt-happyup: :food-smiley-005:
      A great way to start the weekend! And two more shirts for the collection!

« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2007 11:25:52 pm by RED1028 »
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #76: Jul 14, 2007 01:07:16 am
      Nice work mate - good to see you have such an interesting hobby. 

What do you do with them? Do you wear them? Put them in frames? Hang them up?  Or do you have loads of mannequines around your estate with them on?

RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #77: Jul 14, 2007 01:36:41 am
      Nice work mate - good to see you have such an interesting hobby. 

What do you do with them? Do you wear them? Put them in frames? Hang them up?  Or do you have loads of mannequines around your estate with them on?

I actually wear most of them but the odd few I keep safe as they are pretty rare ie the 'Farewell to the Kop' shirt hasn't seen the light of day since I bought it!
      The Rush shirt, which I wore on 28/10/06 for my birthday at Anfield (v Villa) and which has since been signed, got some nice comments! I still aim to frame it at some point.
      I also intend to take a picture of ALL the shirts together but still need a few (especially genuine retro shirts) to complete the set! I've started so I'll finish!
      By the way I don't have an estate, I have a hatchback  ;) :D
      EddieC
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #78: Jul 14, 2007 01:55:57 pm
      You know what, I can't believe no-one has posted in The Arkles for five and a half hours!

Nothing exciting going on?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #79: Jul 14, 2007 02:46:15 pm
      You know what, I can't believe no-one has posted in The Arkles for five and a half hours!

Nothing exciting going on?

Doesn't look like does it mate.
      Although, I've pulled a muscle under me left arm helping someone who's car had broke down. Had to push it up onto the kurb. That's what you get for helping someone out eh!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #80: Jul 14, 2007 05:10:30 pm
      Doesn't look like does it mate.
      Although, I've pulled a muscle under me left arm helping someone who's car had broke down. Had to push it up onto the kurb. That's what you get for helping someone out eh!

Hope thats not your drinking arm RK ?  ;) ;D
      THE MESSIAH
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 471 posts | 20 
      • "and on the seventh day.....there shall be Kenny"
      Reply #81: Jul 14, 2007 05:12:03 pm
      Well thats me finished work for a fortnight, thank christ..............I am off to sunny majorca on Tuesday and I cant bloody wait to get away from this sh*te weather. So come Tuesday its foam parties and raves for me for the next seven days ( I wish ). You know your an old fart, when the lads who give out the flyers for the clubs and pubs, put their heads down and try not to make eye contact when they see you approaching. Still I will be able to eye up the totty for a week.............."aye love...were are me mirror sunglasses"
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #82: Jul 14, 2007 05:40:18 pm
      Well thats me finished work for a fortnight, thank christ..............I am off to sunny majorca on Tuesday and I cant bloody wait to get away from this sh*te weather. So come Tuesday its foam parties and raves for me for the next seven days ( I wish ). You know your an old fart, when the lads who give out the flyers for the clubs and pubs, put their heads down and try not to make eye contact when they see you approaching. Still I will be able to eye up the totty for a week.............."aye love...were are me mirror sunglasses"

Enjoy yourself mate.  Looks like the weather's turned here as well (oops shouldn't have said that ;)).

Got a couple of weeks off myself just before the season kicks off but holding out on the weather here before I book anything. 

I've got a pair of them 'can't see your eyes' sunglasses too.  Work a treat.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #83: Jul 14, 2007 06:37:27 pm
      Hope thats not your drinking arm RK ?  ;) ;D

Certainly not Smiggs! If it was, my earlier post would have been a lot more dramatic and emtional!! ;) ;D
      I'm off to town tonight to excercise my drinking arm to it's limit!
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #84: Jul 18, 2007 09:21:24 pm
      Hey guys! Just a quick plug for the Human Skills / Extreme Sports Videos topic I created!  ;)

After many hours of research, endless set backs for various reasons (not being able to edit old posts, the forum crashing etc etc) I have completed Part 1 of the project.

I have compiled a collection of 28 videos covering all sorts of Extreme Sports and skills.
      The idea behind the topic is obviously to view incredible footage but also to encourage new footage to be uploaded for other forum members / viewers to watch. Over a period of time I will discover more amazing clips and be adding them to the thread.

Your comments are welcome regards the amazing things you'll see, I hope you enjoy the thread.

The biggest BASE jump in the World
      Building Antenna Span Earth

Special thanks to JD, Jabba and Eddie for their help during the formating of the project  ;) RED1028
      « Last Edit: Jul 18, 2007 09:26:21 pm by RED1028 »
      THE MESSIAH
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 471 posts | 20 
      • "and on the seventh day.....there shall be Kenny"
      Reply #85: Jul 25, 2007 03:41:26 pm
      Not many posts in this thread while I've been away..!!!

Just back from my hols, in the den of iniquity, that is Magaluf ;D

Had a brilliant time. The weather was fantastic as we hardly saw a cloud for the whole week and the pubs and clubs over there are manic, to say the least......The Legion will never be the same again  :'(
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #86: Jul 25, 2007 03:49:55 pm

Had a brilliant time. The weather was fantastic as we hardly saw a cloud for the whole week and the pubs and clubs over there are manic, to say the least......The Legion will never be the same again  :'(

Good stuff mate. Glad you had a good time. Did you take the missus to BCM? ;) Did you go to Benny Hills?
      I believe Radio1 had a live weekend over there while you were over. Must have been packed out!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #87: Jul 26, 2007 01:01:21 am

Nice relaxing holiday then? ;)

I've not long got back from the flicks watching Transformers ;D I'm going again tomorow for two principle reasons!
      1) I'm a geek

and...

2) It is THAT good!

Anyone else seen it? 8)
      EddieC
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #88: Jul 26, 2007 08:35:25 am
      Nice relaxing holiday then? ;)

I've not long got back from the flicks watching Transformers ;D I'm going again tomorow for two principle reasons!
      1) I'm a geek

and...

2) It is THAT good!

Anyone else seen it? 8)

Absolutely brilliant film, might have to go watch it again myself.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #89: Jul 26, 2007 08:52:10 am
      Absolutely brilliant film, might have to go watch it again myself.

Thats true. It was the first time I bought popcorn and forgot to eat it! It was that good!
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #90: Jul 26, 2007 09:24:09 am
      Transformers was the best action movie I have ever seen!! Absolutely amazing but no suprises there with Michael Bay directing. I am definitely going to see it again, probably by myself whilst the rest of my mates go to see The Simpsons movie this weekend. Sad I know, but it was THAT good!! ;D
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #91: Jul 26, 2007 02:34:18 pm
      I'm waiting for the all important phone call from Virgin Balloon Flights to see if it's a GO / No GO for launch for my flight at 5.30am ish tomorrow! The call's due at approx 2315...  :-\
      I'm hoping we get the okay for our favored flight over the City of London. This will be the last year balloons fly over London due to government restrictions on air space / terrorism etc. Fingers crossed...

I've got mine tomorrow, but it might be cancelled because of the bad weather.(I hope not) I'm expecting a call today at 11.00pm telling me what is happening.

Quick Reply