Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The Topic With No Real Subject

Read 894283 times
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: The Topic With No Real Subject
      Reply #92: Jul 26, 2007 05:26:42 pm
      Transformers was the best action movie I have ever seen!! Absolutely amazing but no suprises there with Michael Bay directing. I am definitely going to see it again, probably by myself whilst the rest of my mates go to see The Simpsons movie this weekend. Sad I know, but it was THAT good!! ;D

I've just got back from seeing it again! Second time round, you definitley spot a few bits where the sequel could be coming from, especially if you watched the G1 stuff!

I'm weighing up seeing it again but I think a dvd might be alrightseeing I've already payed twice ;) Has anyone played the game?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #93: Jul 29, 2007 07:22:05 pm
      For those of you that enjoy the odd alcoholic beverage now and again. Does anyone have some good hangover advice (apart from don't drink  ;) )?

Feeling mighty delicate today so I may have to have the hair of the dog.....  ;D That's the only cure I know of  ::)
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #94: Jul 30, 2007 01:44:05 am

If we were all sensible we would avoid hangovers by not drinking at all!
      But where would be the fun in that?

Prevention is better than cure! :puking:

Here's a list of the best hangover cures

Don't drink. It's BAD for you....!!

Well? Ok, that advice didn't work.

You're hungover because you're dehydrated.
      Water combats dehydration. Bingo!

So, if you didn't drink water before crashing out, then drink a pint of water every hour of the day.
      Or, before crashing out, remember to drink some orange juice, because the vitamin C speeds up the metabolism of the alcohol by the liver.

Have some toast - a lack of sugar is responsible for that wobbly trembling feeling, and it will settle your stomach too, so whack up your blood sugar level by eating, well, almost anything!
      A sports drink contains everything you need and is a convenient alternative.

If you still wake up with a hangover?
      Taken all the advice above and still feel like someone's dropped a ton of concrete on your head?
      Well here's what to do (and what not to do) to make yourself feel a tad better...

Eat before you go out
      To keep that hangover at bay, you should eat loads before you get your glad rags on and go to that party.

On this occasion (and only this occasion!), a fatty meal is beneficial - as fat is digested slowly, and will protect the stomach from the irritating effects of alcohol.
      A glass of fatty milk slows down the absorption of alcohol.
      But don't make the basic mistake of thinking you're safe now.
      Fat slows down intake; it does not negate intake!

And when you're there? ... Lighten up
      Avoid drinks that contain large amounts of "congeners", as these tend to cause more severe hangovers.
      Generally, these are dark-coloured drinks such as red wine, brandy, and port.

Have some soft drinks too.
      If you have a non-fizzy soft drink or water between each alcoholic tipple, you'll drink less booze and ultimately have a less severe hangover. It's a way of kidding yourself basically.
      BUT (there's always a BUT) fizzy drinks do help to speed up the amount of alcohol going into the bloodstream.

Also alcohol is very dehydrating (this is the main cause of a hangover headache) so if you drink water between vodkas you'll be more hydrated and less likely to wake up with a splitting headache! Yippee!
      Some people even recommend hydration tablets.

Get some fresh air
      If it's safe for you to walk home then the activity and the fresh air will help you sober up and to feel better in the morning.

Drink... something else!
      Next time you roll out of the pub bladdered, thinking you barely have the energy to brush your teeth before you go to sleep, pause for a second and think about gulping some water before you to sleep.

Fry-up
      After a hard night's boozing, your digestive system is under a lot of strain, so bacon, sausages and the works may cause indigestion, but fat contains lots of calories, so you will get a much-needed energy boost.
      And eggs and meat are rich in the amino acid, cysteine, which is thought to be good at clearing out toxins.
      So does it work?
      Yes-ish, but it wouldn't hurt to get some of the food grilled.

Painkillers
      Avoid ibuprofen and aspirin as these will just make your stomach even more irritated. Paracetemol is a safer option. Some people swear by sea sickness tablets to stop that overwhelming sickness feeling.
      To be honest though you're better off avoiding painkillers altogether if you can. You've already spent the night giving your liver a good solid kicking and popping pills just gives your poor liver even more work to do.

Hair of the dog?
      There is scientific evidence to prove this works, but only in the short term!
      While your body is busy dealing with a new intake of booze, it suspends its torture until you're done drinking again - and then it's back to hangover hell.
      So basically by doing this you're just avoiding the inevitable, so don't bother!

Caffeine
      Some people swear by a can of coke, cup of tea or black coffee. However, these will only make you feel better for a short time.
      A hangover is a sign of dehydration... caffeine causes dehydration… ER, work it out dude!
      It's a combination destined to make your head hurt.  >:( >:( 

Fruit Juice
      The best sort is freshly squeezed and works because it replaces lost vitamins.
      The fruit sugar boosts your energy levels and may help your body get rid of toxins.
      If it feels too acidic, water it down, add it to a smoothie with banana and yoghurt, or try less acidic vegetable juice.

Sleep
      Try to get as much sleep as possible. Your body is working extra hard to rectify the mess you've made of your internal organs. This will make you sluggish.
      If your banging headache's not keeping you awake - go back to sleep!... so your poor neglected body doesn't have as much work to do.

« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2007 01:48:18 am by RED1028 »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #95: Jul 30, 2007 01:53:31 am
       :D :D :D

I'm gonna print that out and put it on my wall mate! Very funny, yet very educational!
      Quality!

Hydration is the key!

Thing is though, I'll never learn........ ::)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      How is your current mood
      Reply #96: Jul 30, 2007 10:44:52 pm
      Right now I'm feeling relaxed. Been to the gym, had a good work out, had a shower, now I'm just surfing the net feeling very relaxed. Not stressed, angry, tense or upset.. just relaxed :)

How are you feeling in this time?
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Re: How is your current mood
      Reply #97: Jul 30, 2007 10:45:33 pm
      GREAT. Been looking at my pictures from yesterday :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #98: Jul 30, 2007 10:52:27 pm
      My current mood is relaxed as well Ra Ra Rafa.

Thinking this belongs in the topic with no real subject though.... ;)
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #99: Jul 31, 2007 12:54:19 am
      Yeah! Me's mellow man! - Chillin by de sea and suppin' a long glass of Malibu while wathcin' the S*n set. Me hammock is swingin to de beat of some crucial Ska and de vibe is sumting so right!

:cool-smiley-027: One time! :cool-smiley-027:

Calrsberg don't do wishful thoughts but if they did... ;)

« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2007 12:57:03 am by RED1028 »
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #100: Jul 31, 2007 02:31:28 am
      Happy meself! Shattered too, due to the Arctic Monkeys concert lastnight! Was amazing!  ;D Nearly died but oh well!  8)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #101: Jul 31, 2007 03:53:28 pm
      My current mood is relaxed as well Ra Ra Rafa.

Thinking this belongs in the topic with no real subject though.... ;)

Now it has lost the discussion, thanks very much :(
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #102: Aug 13, 2007 07:27:23 pm
      Getting excited about the league starting on Saturday now! Anyone else?

Here's some silly football to get you in the mood, just in case you're not already... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ou4SOWfmLQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUb5WJuw4PI

Anyone read the Echo tonight? I was in stitches! What is the world coming to.

A bus parked at a bus stop, got a parking ticket from a proper jobs-worth traffic warden!

A bus, parked at a "bus stop"!!!  :D

Link here
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #103: Aug 14, 2007 11:55:55 pm
      He's back by popular demand...
      The Incredible, Unforgetablle, One And Only
      8) RED1028! ;)

Hi Guys and Girls, I've had a short break, recharged my batteries and am REDy to go!
      I could put my exploits in a few topics - namely Holidays, Match Thread, The Weekend Thread, Amazing Adventures etc etc so to keep it all in one nutshell I will post my goings on in the Amazing Adventures thread. It covers all the angles and includes the main purpose of my Holiday. I suggest you make a brew or get a few tinnies out, it could be a long read! I've experienced some good and not so good (but not so bad) things during the past week and it's made me think...

...To put our lives in perspective - human beings are incredible creatures, they achieve incredible things and experience untold emotions. Next time things are not going as you'd wish remember there are people who would do almost anything to trade places with you - things are never quite as bad as they seem although the subject of this next clip could argue the toss on that statement...

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #104: Aug 15, 2007 12:35:30 am
      Well I hope things haven't been too bad for you RED. And welcome back! ;)

Very true that things are not always as bad as they seem, or how trivial they can be. If everyone thought like that, then the world would be a better place. But unfortunately, bad things happen and it's hard to think positive at those times. But with good people around you, you can come through it.

I'll tell you what though! I was glad to hear good old sheriff John Bunnell's voice in that clip! I instantly knew things were gonna be just fine......
      Just sad I didn't get hear "look at this clown doing 90 down the freeway..."!  :D

EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #105: Aug 18, 2007 10:41:14 am
      Left my car in a car park last night cos I was having a few drinks, came back to it this morning & the F***ing windscreen & drivers window were smashed, and little cu*ts snapped my indicator & wiper sticks off. I had to come back to the car from the police station cos I couldn't remember the reg, and a F***ing traffic warden's trying to put a ticket on it!

Not F***ing happy this morning  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #106: Aug 20, 2007 01:22:23 am
      Left my car in a car park last night cos I was having a few drinks, came back to it this morning & the f***ing windscreen & drivers window were smashed, and little cu*ts snapped my indicator & wiper sticks off. I had to come back to the car from the police station cos I couldn't remember the reg, and a f***ing traffic warden's trying to put a ticket on it!

Not f***ing happy this morning  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Sorry to hear that bud - my Uncle's car had a similar thing happen the other night too.  Pity you have already been to the police - you could have gave them Rob Styles description and said you seen him running away from the car.

Hope it all gets sorted. 
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #107: Aug 22, 2007 08:06:50 pm
      Well, I'm off home now. Talk to yis tomorrow.  :)

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #108: Aug 22, 2007 09:50:57 pm
      Well, I'm off home now. Talk to yis tomorrow.  :)

Bye Reepicheep and welcome to the forum.  :)

And now for something completely different.

Proof that laughing is infectious?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Y4keqTV6w
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #109: Aug 22, 2007 10:07:49 pm
      Cheers for that Ken.
      Couldn't stop laughing myself through that  :D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #110: Aug 22, 2007 10:22:38 pm
      Quality that Kenny, imagine watching that after a couple of  :food-smiley-005: !!!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #111: Aug 24, 2007 10:12:00 pm
      It's after 10pm and the stupid Budgies are still bickering away, do these kind of birds ever shut up? :laugh:
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #112: Aug 24, 2007 10:28:39 pm
      It's after 10pm and the stupid Budgies are still bickering away, do these kind of birds ever shut up? :laugh:

Put a blanket over the cage, then they'll get bored and go asleep! That's what next door does anyway!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #113: Aug 24, 2007 10:45:22 pm
      Put a blanket over the cage, then they'll get bored and go asleep! That's what next door does anyway!

The blanket is over the cage, they must of heard the TV or something. They've shut up now anyway, bloody birds!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #114: Aug 24, 2007 10:53:55 pm
      The blanket is over the cage, they must of heard the TV or something. They've shut up now anyway, bloody birds!

:laugh: I've not got that problem, just a fat staffordshire bull terrier who still thinks he's a puppy! Keeps jumping on me knee! Fat b***ard ;D

Quick Reply