Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Topic With No Real Subject

Read 890271 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: The Topic With No Real Subject
      Reply #15801: Dec 12, 2016 07:00:55 pm
      Don't know if anyone's been watching strictly this series but the quality this year has been amazing.

The choreography has been spectacular but not just that they've brought a fantastic modern twist to the routines especially with the music they've used for them.

These new professionals have brought a real breath of fresh air to the programme and really pushed the celebs far more than previous seasons.

Been brill, loved it 💖

I've been watching it most weeks Debs and I love it, haven't seen last nights results show yet, due to me being at the match, so I still don't know who went out last night, but the standard has been breathtaking this series, I don't want it to finish, I hope Louise wins it, but they're all brilliant.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15802: Dec 12, 2016 07:07:17 pm
      I've been watching it most weeks Debs and I love it, haven't seen last nights results show yet, due to me being at the match, so I still don't know who went out last night, but the standard has been breathtaking this series, I don't want it to finish, I hope Louise wins it, but they're all brilliant.

It has Cas and yeah me too.  She's really come into her own these last few weeks and given some stunning performances.  She deserves it but I have a feeling Danny might win it as he's been consistant all the way through.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15803: Dec 16, 2016 04:00:11 pm
      Off to Shetland on Tuesday for the first time since in years. Spending the shortest day in the far north - gonna be dark! Looking forward to it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #15804: Dec 16, 2016 04:12:46 pm
      So have waited for months for my two weeks off at the end of the year, no traveling, no emails, no phone calls, just relax and of course I come down with a cold. Such is life, today is still the last day I work this year  so I'm pretty pumped about that. Bring on Christmas!!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #15805: Dec 22, 2016 07:26:20 am
      Is the official website of LFC down?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #15806: Dec 22, 2016 07:44:35 am
      Is the official website of LFC down?

Winter break?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #15807: Dec 22, 2016 08:57:36 am
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #15808: Jan 16, 2017 02:28:20 pm
      Have been really down with work the last few months due to changes they've implemented which I feel has taken away most of the autonomy from my job meaning that any of the managers in our stores (myself included) are being micromanaged to hell.

I'm just unsure on whether to relocate back to the UK with my family, or stay here in Ireland and look for something else. First option is the easiest I think but just can't make my mind up. Problem is I don't want to get to the point where I completely lose all care for the job I'm in as I obviously want to go out on good terms too.

Only turning 27 this year so have a while ahead of me yet, I was thinking of taking a month or so off anyway, I've never been out of work since I was 15 but would like a bit of me time to get my head straight and try get my ass back into gear fitness wise.

Any advice would be appreciated, still in two minds! :roll:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #15809: Jan 16, 2017 02:50:30 pm
      Have been really down with work the last few months due to changes they've implemented which I feel has taken away most of the autonomy from my job meaning that any of the managers in our stores (myself included) are being micromanaged to hell.

I'm just unsure on whether to relocate back to the UK with my family, or stay here in Ireland and look for something else. First option is the easiest I think but just can't make my mind up. Problem is I don't want to get to the point where I completely lose all care for the job I'm in as I obviously want to go out on good terms too.

Only turning 27 this year so have a while ahead of me yet, I was thinking of taking a month or so off anyway, I've never been out of work since I was 15 but would like a bit of me time to get my head straight and try get my ass back into gear fitness wise.

If the real problem is your lack of autonomy,  how do you know that moving and switching jobs is going to guarantee  that  changes?

As for taking a month off. Sorry if this comes across harshly, but what is it with Millenials and this "taking time off"? I make pretty good money, have a good job and I couldn't afford to take a month off. I'm also not sure how that will get your head straight IF your problem is lack of autonomy in your job. If I were to psychoanalyze you (you did ask for advice :)) I'd say you just want an excuse to take a break for awhile. If that's the case and you can afford it, then take a break, but remember one thing....you can't  run from your real problems, you will always carry them with you no matter where you go and for how long you are away.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #15810: Jan 16, 2017 03:11:05 pm
      If the real problem is your lack of autonomy,  how do you know that moving and switching jobs is going to guarantee  that  changes?

As for taking a month off. Sorry if this comes across harshly, but what is it with Millenials and this "taking time off"? I make pretty good money, have a good job and I couldn't afford to take a month off. I'm also not sure how that will get your head straight IF your problem is lack of autonomy in your job. If I were to psychoanalyze you (you did ask for advice :)) I'd say you just want an excuse to take a break for awhile. If that's the case and you can afford it, then take a break, but remember one thing....you can't  run from your real problems, you will always carry them with you no matter where you go and for how long you are away.

I don't but it will either be worth the risk or it won't I guess. I suppose the reason I've started to dislike it is due to those changes that have removed the control I once had. (I'm a self confessed control freak!)
      The micromanaging has gotten extremely bad the last few months also, and is down to others not doing their jobs properly I guess.

Not harsh at all, I'm not looking to take time off for the hell of it but just feel like my head isn't in the right place at present for a number of reasons but it's only something I'm contemplating for now. If I do relocate, I'm going to have to get my national insurance number first anyway, and with being born in the UK that should speed the process up for me. I do miss my family, I live alone and am not in the vicinity of any close family so I rely on trips over for weekends every now and then, that's another reason I'm contemplating relocating.

I haven't got a hard life or anything, just feel like I need a change I guess?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #15811: Jan 16, 2017 03:36:55 pm
      I don't but it will either be worth the risk or it won't I guess. I suppose the reason I've started to dislike it is due to those changes that have removed the control I once had. (I'm a self confessed control freak!)
      The micromanaging has gotten extremely bad the last few months also, and is down to others not doing their jobs properly I guess.

Not harsh at all, I'm not looking to take time off for the hell of it but just feel like my head isn't in the right place at present for a number of reasons but it's only something I'm contemplating for now. If I do relocate, I'm going to have to get my national insurance number first anyway, and with being born in the UK that should speed the process up for me. I do miss my family, I live alone and am not in the vicinity of any close family so I rely on trips over for weekends every now and then, that's another reason I'm contemplating relocating.

I haven't got a hard life or anything, just feel like I need a change I guess?

Understand. It can be difficult living that far away from family. For some it's a blessing, for others not so much. My only advice being a little further along in life (I'm 41), would be to make sure you aren't making a change just for the sake of changing. One area where I feel I've done better in my life is not leaving jobs on a whim and trying to work through rough patches. I get what you are saying about the micromanaging....it's  usually the sign of a boss that's not secure in their own skin and insecure about their own skills and abilities. Unfortunately, micro-managers are usually the rule and not the exception. Take it from me, I've had about 10 different bosses over the course of my 18 years of professional work and don't know that I can say that any of  them were  the hands off kind of boss that I try to be with my guys. You don't know anything about  IT Security do you? You could come to the U.S. because I need to find some good people. ;D

Hang in there, and just make sure whatever you decide, look at the long view and make sure you don't trade one kind of rough situation for one that is really rough down  the road if that makes sense.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #15812: Jan 16, 2017 04:13:40 pm
      Understand. It can be difficult living that far away from family. For some it's a blessing, for others not so much. My only advice being a little further along in life (I'm 41), would be to make sure you aren't making a change just for the sake of changing. One area where I feel I've done better in my life is not leaving jobs on a whim and trying to work through rough patches. I get what you are saying about the micromanaging....it's  usually the sign of a boss that's not secure in their own skin and insecure about their own skills and abilities. Unfortunately, micro-managers are usually the rule and not the exception. Take it from me, I've had about 10 different bosses over the course of my 18 years of professional work and don't know that I can say that any of  them were  the hands off kind of boss that I try to be with my guys. You don't know anything about  IT Security do you? You could come to the U.S. because I need to find some good people. ;D

Hang in there, and just make sure whatever you decide, look at the long view and make sure you don't trade one kind of rough situation for one that is really rough down  the road if that makes sense.

Thanks FL! :)

Yeah I'm the same with my guys as is my line(area) manager. It's the other departments implementing things that are the problem.

The family side of it is where I'm torn most I guess.. I'll make my mind up eventually I'm sure. Trying not to do it on a whim, but I've been unhappy in the job since last summer.

And unfortunately not on the IT Security, not bad with technology but I wouldn't have the faintest idea about security! :laugh:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15813: Jan 16, 2017 07:47:10 pm

If you can relocate to be nearer family and have a job to go to (after some "me" time), do it mate.

From my experience if work hasn't been enjoyable since last summer it's unlikely to improve anytime soon and it's always best to be proactive than reactive in those circumstances.

It's easier to find something better whilst you're in work, as you can pick and choose the best options, especially with management experience so start job hunting, see what's out there near the family, sometimes just that can be a positive.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #15814: Jan 16, 2017 08:35:31 pm
      If you can relocate to be nearer family and have a job to go to (after some "me" time), do it mate.

From my experience if work hasn't been enjoyable since last summer it's unlikely to improve anytime soon and it's always best to be proactive than reactive in those circumstances.

It's easier to find something better whilst you're in work, as you can pick and choose the best options, especially with management experience so start job hunting, see what's out there near the family, sometimes just that can be a positive.

Thanks Debs, yeah currently looking for stuff near them.

There is some work available, not exactly what I'm doing but beggars can't be choosers. :)

Plus if I move over, I should get to more games in theory... :laugh:
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15815: Jan 16, 2017 08:52:31 pm
      Thanks Debs, yeah currently looking for stuff near them.

There is some work available, not exactly what I'm doing but beggars can't be choosers. :)

Plus if I move over, I should get to more games in theory... :laugh:

What do you do mate?  I wouldn't be looking at or going for jobs you're not really interested in mate, it kinda defeats the object of changing (apart from the move home).

Well I was going to mention it but .......
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #15816: Jan 17, 2017 06:50:49 pm
      What do you do mate?  I wouldn't be looking at or going for jobs you're not really interested in mate, it kinda defeats the object of changing (apart from the move home).

Well I was going to mention it but .......

I'm currently a store manager for a company like EE etc, we sell anything mobile service or fixed service wise.

It does defeat the purpose, again a reason why I thought the month out might have been a good idea. I would like something new for a challenge, but wouldn't have the faintest idea of what to look at or what to do.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #15817: Jan 17, 2017 07:01:54 pm
      Just had a ciggie after 2 month break ...
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15818: Jan 17, 2017 07:10:34 pm
      I'm currently a store manager for a company like EE etc, we sell anything mobile service or fixed service wise.

It does defeat the purpose, again a reason why I thought the month out might have been a good idea. I would like something new for a challenge, but wouldn't have the faintest idea of what to look at or what to do.

You'd be surprised at how many transferrable skills and experience you have though mate.  Might be an idea to go to a reputable recruitment agency, not for a job necessarily but to discuss what job sectors your skills are in demand, it could throw up some unexpected options for you.

Or just sit down and draft something yourself then do a job search based on skills rather than experience.  For example, management, retail, direct selling, customer service.  If you're particularly good at face to face selling and want more control on your working day and how you do your job maybe a sales rep would be a good place to look.  Decent money, company car, manage your own appointments and in some generic sales jobs you don't even need experience of the product.

Maybe get yourself an appointment with the adult careers service if they have them in Ireland.  They've helped my niece loads since she left the Navy.

All these can be done whilst you're still working.  Taking time out might seem a good idea but you're putting pressure on having to find something, usually anything, in a pretty short space of time which takes away your focus from your objectives.  If you need a short break to clear your head, take some leave if you have any left, unless you have enough cash put by to last for 6 months or so if the worst came to the worst.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15819: Jan 17, 2017 07:15:57 pm
      Just had a ciggie after 2 month break ...

Ah man!!! 

As a smoker myself Shabs I can imagine how you feel now - probably a bit light headed, even a bit sickly, pissed off that you've gone 2 months but you must have felt the need strongly mate. 

I've accepted now I'll never be able to quit, tried and failed so many times.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #15820: Jan 17, 2017 08:09:43 pm
      Ah man!!! 

As a smoker myself Shabs I can imagine how you feel now - probably a bit light headed, even a bit sickly, pissed off that you've gone 2 months but you must have felt the need strongly mate. 

I've accepted now I'll never be able to quit, tried and failed so many times.

I Quit in 2000 Debbs only to relight in 2007 & been on off since, I stopped again start of November but out of boredom I just lit one up.... As I type I'm about to spark one up ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15821: Jan 17, 2017 08:11:08 pm
      I Quit in 2000 Debbs only to relight in 2007 & been on off since, I stopped again start of November but out of boredom I just lit one up.... As I type I'm about to spark one up ;D

I might just join you then mate  ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #15822: Jan 17, 2017 08:14:07 pm
      I might just join you then mate  ;D

Nicotine rush.... ;D
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #15823: Jan 18, 2017 02:15:56 pm
      You'd be surprised at how many transferrable skills and experience you have though mate.  Might be an idea to go to a reputable recruitment agency, not for a job necessarily but to discuss what job sectors your skills are in demand, it could throw up some unexpected options for you.

Or just sit down and draft something yourself then do a job search based on skills rather than experience.  For example, management, retail, direct selling, customer service.  If you're particularly good at face to face selling and want more control on your working day and how you do your job maybe a sales rep would be a good place to look.  Decent money, company car, manage your own appointments and in some generic sales jobs you don't even need experience of the product.

Maybe get yourself an appointment with the adult careers service if they have them in Ireland.  They've helped my niece loads since she left the Navy.

All these can be done whilst you're still working.  Taking time out might seem a good idea but you're putting pressure on having to find something, usually anything, in a pretty short space of time which takes away your focus from your objectives.  If you need a short break to clear your head, take some leave if you have any left, unless you have enough cash put by to last for 6 months or so if the worst came to the worst.

Thanks Debs. I'll only have about 4 days leave worked up by the time I would hope to leave.

I'll only really be going back to the UK with one months wages if I do relocate, and I'd be back with the family at least temporarily and it's my dad who advised me to take time off and get back to my normal self while I move back in with them.

Lot to think about! :)

Quick Reply