Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Topic With No Real Subject

Read 890317 times
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Re: The Topic With No Real Subject
      Reply #15824: Feb 17, 2017 08:19:48 pm
      Decided to stay in Ireland and look for something new, I did hand in notice in before I found something but I look to have stumbled upon a great new opportunity here. New town/city and different company, might just be the change of scenery I need. ;D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #15825: Feb 18, 2017 06:39:18 am
      Decided to stay in Ireland and look for something new, I did hand in notice in before I found something but I look to have stumbled upon a great new opportunity here. New town/city and different company, might just be the change of scenery I need. ;D

Keep us posted how it goes mate.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #15826: Feb 18, 2017 02:07:02 pm

Hope all goes well for you.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #15827: Feb 18, 2017 11:36:22 pm

Good Luck IO.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #15828: Mar 15, 2017 10:21:09 pm
      Early night as im off to Jerusalem tomorrow..
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15829: Apr 06, 2017 05:56:39 pm
      What happened to citrus flavoured Polos?

Overcome with a serious craving for them even though I've not had them in 15 years or so.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #15830: Apr 06, 2017 06:31:06 pm
      What happened to citrus flavoured Polos?

Overcome with a serious craving for them even though I've not had them in 15 years or so.

A man after my own heart !
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15831: Apr 06, 2017 07:56:00 pm

Bringing it all back for you am I?

Aside from the arsenal that was pick n mix from Woolworths these were my weapon of choice in the sweets rank as a kid. That tingling feeling you got from your tastebuds before you took out the first Citrus polo. Often by my side as I played the Playstation or played in the school playground across from my house. A deadly combination!

These days the only chalky/yellow sweet you get is ecstacy tablets. But they just don't do the job.  :(

What a sh*t world.

« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2017 08:01:40 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #15832: Apr 06, 2017 08:03:22 pm
      Bringing it all back for you am I?

Aside from the arsenal that was pick n mix from Woolworths these were my weapon of choice in the sweets rank as a kid. That tingling feeling you got from your tastebuds before you took out the first Citrus polo. Often by my side as I played the Playstation or played in the school playground across from my house. A deadly combination!

These days the only chalky/yellow sweet you get is ecstacy tablets. But they just don't do the job.  :(

What a sh*t world.

Ahh much better than the mint ones, remember the old fruit polos which were almost glued together ?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15833: Apr 06, 2017 08:09:48 pm
      Ahh much better than the mint ones, remember the old fruit polos which were almost glued together ?

I do indeed. Exactly what I remember of them. If you tried to take one out of the packet you took the whole F***ing lot with them! Was never quite a fan of them though. They also had butterscotch flavoured ones which were superb.

As for the mints? F**k them!

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #15834: Apr 06, 2017 09:13:10 pm
      I do indeed. Exactly what I remember of them. If you tried to take one out of the packet you took the whole f**king lot with them! Was never quite a fan of them though. They also had butterscotch flavoured ones which were superb.

As for the mints? F**k them!

Forgot about the butterscotch ones, drooling just thinking about it
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15835: Jun 27, 2017 12:37:12 pm
      Strange question for you Livepool lads or lasses  :D (( well I think it's strange coz don't know the answer.  ;D I was watching Coronation Street last nite and they were filing at The Liverpool / Albert docks I think. 

Why was there a load of pad locks on the chains running along the Mersey??

Ps.. Yes I know it was sad watching the Street but it is Manchester based before you Brookside guides start knocking me  ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #15836: Jun 27, 2017 04:38:58 pm

Did they used to have bikes attached to them?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15837: Jun 27, 2017 06:49:14 pm
      Did they used to have bikes attached to them?

I thought of that but their were to many for that being a option really.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #15838: Jun 27, 2017 07:29:25 pm
      Strange question for you Livepool lads or lasses  :D (( well I think it's strange coz don't know the answer.  ;D I was watching Coronation Street last nite and they were filing at The Liverpool / Albert docks I think. 

Ps.. Yes I know it was sad watching the Street but it is Manchester based before you Brookside guides start knocking me  ;D

Love locks I believe they're called, quite simply to signify an everlasting bond.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #15839: Jun 27, 2017 07:34:41 pm

To stop the buildings floating off obviously! 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15840: Jun 27, 2017 09:45:23 pm
      Love locks I believe they're called, quite simply to signify an everlasting bond.

Sounds feasible Luke thanks  :)
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #15841: Jun 27, 2017 09:56:25 pm

Methinks you got "off light" there Keith. :f_whistle:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15842: Jul 28, 2017 05:27:05 pm
      Joe Cocker's version of With A Little Help From My Friends is F***ing sh*t. I can't stand it. Melodramatic w*nk.

Sorry friends - just had to let that one go.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #15843: Jul 30, 2017 04:54:35 pm
      Just flicked past the Arsenal pre season game on Quest.

I've seen better quality pictures on some streams. Really strange to see that on a TV channel.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15844: Jul 30, 2017 05:27:24 pm
      Just flicked past the Arsenal pre season game on Quest.

I've seen better quality pictures on some streams. Really strange to see that on a TV channel.

Oh god I see what you mean. Really really cheap that.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #15845: Oct 13, 2017 05:34:33 pm
      Home after 2 week in the Royal with a smashed hip.

Yesterday the physios took me for a walk along the corridor and we sat down on a bench for a break, the big news, or not, was that Theresa May was visiting the old Royal where I was, and then the unopened new hospital.
      There was a security guy opposite us and the next thing all these F***ing joggers swept by with cameras, microphones and F**k knows what with May in the middle of them.

One of the physios said 'did you see that she didn't even look up, never mind speak to anyone',  'never mind that' I said 'I had the opportunity to kick the birch and could have got away with it, citing involuntary reaction following post-operative trauma'.

What a b***ard.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #15846: Oct 13, 2017 06:12:25 pm
      Home after 2 week in the Royal with a smashed hip.

Yesterday the physios took me for a walk along the corridor and we sat down on a bench for a break, the big news, or not, was that Theresa May was visiting the old Royal where I was, and then the unopened new hospital.
      There was a security guy opposite us and the next thing all these f**king joggers swept by with cameras, microphones and f**k knows what with May in the middle of them.

One of the physios said 'did you see that she didn't even look up, never mind speak to anyone',  'never mind that' I said 'I had the opportunity to kick the birch and could have got away with it, citing involuntary reaction following post-operative trauma'.

What a b***ard.

Hope you get well soon mate.

Don't cheer too much tomorrow when we smash the Mancs!

Quick Reply