Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Topic With No Real Subject

Read 890279 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: The Topic With No Real Subject
      Reply #15985: Feb 10, 2020 05:29:34 pm
      My dad getting a fiver a week increase on his pension and today I find out we are getting a pay rise over the next 3 years. On the downside by the time Boris is finished we will be bankrupt
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #15986: Oct 22, 2020 08:41:10 am
      People who change their mobile number every single time they get a new phone.

Does my head in!  Must be some guilty on here. 

Why are you so important that I've got to fanny on updating and deleting contacts once every 12 months for ya!

Sister does it all the time and then gets a cob on when I don't reply to random requests from new numbers!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #15987: Oct 22, 2020 10:21:31 am

Why are you so important that I've got to fanny on updating and deleting contacts once every 12 months for ya!

Sister does it all the time and then gets a cob on when I don't reply to random requests from new numbers!

I honestly didn't even know that was still a thing!!

Surely even if you move networks you can migrate your number? I'm convinced I've heard of that before.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #15988: Oct 22, 2020 10:50:21 am

I’ve had the same number for 25 years.. it grinds me too how folks just jump number to number.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #15989: Oct 22, 2020 02:49:30 pm
      I honestly didn't even know that was still a thing!!

It sadly is.  I've got about 5 numbers listed for my sister in my phone and I'm not entirely sure which one I'm supposed to ring her on!

Pain in the arse

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #15990: Dec 19, 2020 02:54:43 pm
      Had a lad drive into my car door whilst it was open... just a minor dent to mine but his car wing & headlight were smashed..

Turns out we have history with this lad &’who had a drink, no insurance & has 12 points on his license already... got that all on video..

It’s his dads car, phoned him up and he wanted to go private and not involve insurance.. I said fair enough and asked for £200 otherwise we go through insurance..

Taking that money on principle that father & son will realise their errors & make sure he won’t let his son drive again knowing full well his circumstances...not 💯 he will..

If he pays today I will donate the £200 to a charity for families who have lost loved ones to drink drivers...
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #15991: Dec 19, 2020 10:13:30 pm
      Had a lad drive into my car door whilst it was open... just a minor dent to mine but his car wing & headlight were smashed..

Turns out we have history with this lad &’who had a drink, no insurance & has 12 points on his license already... got that all on video..

It’s his dads car, phoned him up and he wanted to go private and not involve insurance.. I said fair enough and asked for £200 otherwise we go through insurance..

Taking that money on principle that father & son will realise their errors & make sure he won’t let his son drive again knowing full well his circumstances...not 💯 he will..

If he pays today I will donate the £200 to a charity for families who have lost loved ones to drink drivers...

Let's hope he pays up, that's a very nice gesture for you to do Shabs  :clap:
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #15992: Dec 19, 2020 10:39:03 pm

Nice one Shabs.

Came in to a little unexpected extra money myself, brought £250 worth of toys for children in care, gave a hundred quid each to the two charities I regularly support and dropped off some food at my local food bank.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #15993: Dec 20, 2020 12:49:02 am
      Let's hope he pays up, that's a very nice gesture for you to do Shabs  :clap:

It’s the least I could do, my nephew was killed 7 years ago by being a front seat passenger in a car driven by a drunk...

The lad & his father did a now show, so I’m reporting them Monday morning to the police & insurance company..

Nice one Shabs.

Came in to a little unexpected extra money myself, brought £250 worth of toys for children in care, gave a hundred quid each to the two charities I regularly support and dropped off some food at my local food bank.

That’s a fanatic gesture my friend.. you’ll be far more richer than you realise..
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #15994: Dec 20, 2020 12:57:46 am
      Nice one Shabs.

Brilliant gesture.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #15995: Dec 20, 2020 06:18:55 pm
      Nice one Shabs.

Lovely stuff Rodders, restores my faith in the human race, there are still some very kind lovely people out there  :)

It’s the least I could do, my nephew was killed 7 years ago by being a front seat passenger in a car driven by a drunk...

The lad & his father did a now show, so I’m reporting them Monday morning to the police & insurance company..

It's all you can do hun, you gave them a chance and they threw it back in your face
      So sorry about your nephew, that's shocking and very sad.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #15996: Dec 24, 2020 10:30:58 am
      Having an MRI done this afternoon...

Anyone had one before & what should I expect..?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #15997: Dec 24, 2020 11:16:15 am
      Having an MRI done this afternoon...

Anyone had one before & what should I expect..?

Generally most people are ok with it but can depend a bit on how you are with confined. Can feel a bit claustrophobic if you really struggle with that sort of thing but on the whole most people are okay. It's a bit loud and does take some time as well (depends on what's being scanned) but some places let you listen to some music as it's going on.

Hope all is ok!

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #15998: Dec 24, 2020 04:13:36 pm
      Generally most people are ok with it but can depend a bit on how you are with confined. Can feel a bit claustrophobic if you really struggle with that sort of thing but on the whole most people are okay. It's a bit loud and does take some time as well (depends on what's being scanned) but some places let you listen to some music as it's going on.

Hope all is ok!

All good mate, got an issue with tinitus, sinus & severe migraines & hypertension...

Probably all related to stress after loosing my dad, moving businesses location & trying to complete renovation work at home...

Docs want to rule out any vascular brain issues...

Fingers crossed find out in 4 weeks..

Thank for the info... MRI was a strange experience... but hard laying down like a live stiff.. couldn’t swallow my saliva without moving my head.. 😂

Was done in 40 mins...
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #15999: Dec 24, 2020 04:27:11 pm
      Not long after a car collision.

Wee 78 year old woman couldn't see for the sun blinding her and cut the turn off into our estate as I was waiting to pull out and she was straight into the front of my car.

Wee woman lives on her own and and only has a son who doesn't bother with her.

She was in tears and really shook up.

Tried my best to re-assure her and calm her down that no one was hurt and its only damage to the cars that can be fixed.

Bless her.

Only got the car about 6 weeks ago and probably should be really pissed off as its the most we've ever put into a car but not arsed about it and only worrying about her.

Also gave her my number in case she needs anything over the next few days as that's her with no car until she gets a courtesy car.

Gonna call up to her shortly and see if she's okay.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #16000: Dec 24, 2020 04:54:48 pm
      All good mate, got an issue with tinitus, sinus & severe migraines & hypertension...

Probably all related to stress after loosing my dad, moving businesses location & trying to complete renovation work at home...

Thank for the info... MRI was a strange experience... but hard laying down like a live stiff.. couldn’t swallow my saliva without moving my head.. 😂

Was done in 40 mins...

Fingers crossed for you
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #16001: Dec 24, 2020 04:55:09 pm

Wee 78 year old woman couldn't see for the sun blinding her and cut the turn off into our estate as I was waiting to pull out and she was straight into the front of my car.

Tried my best to re-assure her and calm her down that no one was hurt and its only damage to the cars that can be fixed.

Bless her.

Only got the car about 6 weeks ago and probably should be really pissed off as its the most we've ever put into a car but not arsed about it and only worrying about her.

Also gave her my number in case she needs anything over the next few days as that's her with no car until she gets a courtesy car.

Good man
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #16002: Dec 24, 2020 06:12:12 pm
      Lost my job of 25 years, one of my daughters has COVID over Christmas, in tier 4 and the worst year in living memory.

F**k it! It’s only going to get better from now on eh 💪🏼
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #16003: Dec 24, 2020 06:13:23 pm
      Apart from winning the league of course 😉
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #16004: Dec 24, 2020 10:23:38 pm

Was done in 40 mins...

Thinking of you Shabs and hope all goes well with your results, let us know how you get on won't you hun.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #16005: Dec 24, 2020 10:26:42 pm

Bless her.

Cars can be mended usually a lot of people can't, so nice of you to be so concerned for her, nice one Higgy, Merry Christmas to you and yours  :hug:
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #16006: Dec 24, 2020 10:28:26 pm
      Lost my job of 25 years, one of my daughters has COVID over Christmas, in tier 4 and the worst year in living memory.

F**k it! It’s only going to get better from now on eh 💪🏼

Not good Bob, hopefully something comes up for you in the New Year and I sincerely hope your Daughter recovers quickly.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #16007: Dec 24, 2020 11:35:45 pm
      Not good Bob, hopefully something comes up for you in the New Year and I sincerely hope your Daughter recovers quickly.

Thanks Cas,

I’m sure something will get sorted with a man of my talents 😉. Thankfully my now big girl is feeling better and will continue to do so 👍🏼

Quick Reply