Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Gabriel Heinze (Manchester United)

Read 36350 times
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 340 posts |
      Gabriel Heinze (Manchester United)
      Jun 30, 2007 08:24:42 am

This is only speculation from todays press who report that we are interested in signing him.

My opinion is despite playing for urinal he is a quality player and from what I have seen previously of him (pre-injury) he has bags of quality.

If he came at the right price I would say go for it but would urinal want to sell to us?

Your thoughts please!

???
      « Last Edit: Jul 10, 2007 11:33:06 pm by JD, Reason: Title changed »
      sell73out
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Re: Gabriel Heinze...do we want him?
      Reply #1: Jun 30, 2007 08:30:30 am
      I must admit he didn't look too bad for Argentina against the USA... can't see man ure letting him go though, particularly to us.
      Going on the defencive performances in that game Gabriel Millito was a much better prospect - no idea who he plays for/availability, but damn he's quick for a defender! He gets across the box like he's got a rocket up his ass!

*Wonders if Masch can convince half the argie squad to sign for us* ;)
      LFC FOR ME
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #2: Jun 30, 2007 09:29:00 am
      Id say have him. he looks good enough. and with masherano here aswel that might be enough to sway Tevez in this direction.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #3: Jun 30, 2007 10:06:04 am
      If he is good enough United wouldn't sell him to us.

Would we sell a vital cog of a Premiership winning side to United? Nah.
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #4: Jun 30, 2007 10:20:14 am
      Liverpool as it looks like with the shape & personnel of the squad are trying to bring in players who can play all over the pitch, which is a Rafa trait. which does also make when buying a player a more attractive quality as we get more for the money we pay.

he wants players to be utility in other areas as so makes the squad more compact and together, we have problems in our back line that is clear, Carragher can not be so heavily relied on all and every single minute of the season, Agger is still developing and Hyypia as great as he is for squad cover, to add experience he is to old to be also Heavily relied on too.

So  i hope we do make some or more additions to the defensive unit. 

I did like Pablo Ibanez but it seems Rafa has gone quiet on him.   Milito,  i agree looks great and at 26 has at least 5 years of playing that role in him plus he would communicate with Mascherano too. he has pace and although he isn't the Nest or Maldini he would represent great value for a player already established as a top international.

Aurelio and Riise or not dead setts to take the position hence why Rafa is looking at Heinze to fill or can play in a center back role or on the flank out left, hes as good as Riise defending but not much better going forward, if we can get Heinz at 6 mill thats good business for me. however ?..

Remember hes 29 years old so that 6 mill is still allot for Some one that UTD don't seem to trust too much plus he has not that long a career to go.

My thoughts would be to get in a center half thats going to be pushing Agger & Jamie for center back, which allows us to rest one of them so to play out left to chop and change to also keep them fresh too.   We once played the five at the back with Agger on the left side of a 3 man unit too.

Lots to think about but the answer is do i want Heinze.  probably not, i would take Wayne bridge at 6 mill because hes English, he still has to prove himself to get into the National team and he is hungry for regular footie so i would go for bridge over Heinze especially when you take the ages of player years that they have in them.

stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #5: Jun 30, 2007 10:25:46 am
      omg heinze is terrible sorry i dont rate him at all
      LFC FOR ME
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #6: Jun 30, 2007 10:39:44 am
      Not sure I agree that Manchester United wouldnt sell him if he was any good?  We sold Fowler, Owen and a few others in the past that I rate as players that shouldnt have gone.  Heinze said he wants a move and thats alerted a few clubs to his availability.  Hes a full argentine international which speaks volumes for his quality.  We dont have massive strength in depth at the back although we are good in that dept so why not? 6 million wont break the bank for a player with international and champions league experience. 
      afif212_reds
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 180 posts |
      Reply #7: Jun 30, 2007 12:34:00 pm
      he's ok...
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #8: Jun 30, 2007 12:37:17 pm
      Heinze would be a fantastic signing...we are crying out for an out and out left back of quality and he's just that

Can't see the Mancs agreeing to it though.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #9: Jun 30, 2007 01:08:34 pm
      mufc have no say where he goes apparently something to do with his contract we just have to pay 6m, he would offer championship quality straight away which is what we need and what a lovely sight it would be seeing him sliding in one of his tasty tackles on Rooney !
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #10: Jun 30, 2007 01:18:26 pm
      Liverpool as it looks like with the shape & personnel of the squad are trying to bring in players who can play all over the pitch, which is a Rafa trait. which does also make when buying a player a more attractive quality as we get more for the money we pay.

he wants players to be utility in other areas as so makes the squad more compact and together, we have problems in our back line that is clear, Carragher can not be so heavily relied on all and every single minute of the season, Agger is still developing and Hyypia as great as he is for squad cover, to add experience he is to old to be also Heavily relied on too.

So  I hope we do make some or more additions to the defensive unit. 

I did like Pablo Ibanez but it seems Rafa has gone quiet on him.   Milito,  I agree looks great and at 26 has at least 5 years of playing that role in him plus he would communicate with Mascherano too. he has pace and although he isn't the Nest or Maldini he would represent great value for a player already established as a top international.

Aurelio and Riise or not dead setts to take the position hence why Rafa is looking at Heinze to fill or can play in a center back role or on the flank out left, hes as good as Riise defending but not much better going forward, if we can get Heinz at 6 mill thats good business for me. however ?..

Remember hes 29 years old so that 6 mill is still allot for Some one that UTD don't seem to trust too much plus he has not that long a career to go.

My thoughts would be to get in a center half thats going to be pushing Agger & Jamie for center back, which allows us to rest one of them so to play out left to chop and change to also keep them fresh too.   We once played the five at the back with Agger on the left side of a 3 man unit too.

Lots to think about but the answer is do I want Heinze.  probably not, I would take Wayne bridge at 6 mill because hes English, he still has to prove himself to get into the National team and he is hungry for regular footie so I would go for bridge over Heinze especially when you take the ages of player years that they have in them.

Good post, well most of it anyway. I have to disagree with the statement 'We have problems in our back line that is clear'. How so? We have had one of the best defensive records in the prem since Rafa arrived, and indeed under Houllier too. I'd say we still need another Centre back as backup, and ideally could do with a left back with a better defensive game. Both Riise & Aurelio are great at going forward but aren't the greatest defensively. Heinze could kill two birds with one stone, a defensive left back & a backup centre back.

omg heinze is terrible sorry I dont rate him at all

Thanks for your input guys.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #11: Jun 30, 2007 01:22:51 pm
      I wouldnt mind he looked ok in his first season at utd if he can stay injury free,we could use him at left back and push Risse down the wing.
      AggerDoo
      Reply #12: Jun 30, 2007 01:51:44 pm
      i dont think we need him . with riise and aurelio who showed good promise intill the injury and also young emiliano insua as cover if disasaters happen.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #13: Jun 30, 2007 01:56:24 pm
      From the Liverpool Echo:

Reds go for £5m Hienze
      Jun 30 2007 by Nick Peet, Liverpool Echo

RAFA BENITEZ is planning a shock swoop for disgruntled Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze.

The Argentinean World Cup star is known to be unhappy at Old Trafford and is believed to be available for around £5million.

Liverpool have been monitoring the situation for some time with Benitez an admirer of the versatile full-back.

Heinze enjoyed an impressive start to his Premiership career after United signed him from Paris Saint-Germain for £6.9m in the summer of 2004.

But he has been gradually pushed out of the side since the arrival of Patrice Evra at the club 18 months ago and is known to be keen on a move away from Old Trafford.

The 29-year-old is currently on duty with Argentina at the Copa America tournament, alongside Liverpool’s Javier Mascherano andfellow Kop target Carlos Tevez.

Full article here

I think he'd be a very good addition for £5m. He's impressed me while he's played for the mancs in his defensive duties. Tough to get past, no nonsense attitiude in his tackles, quick, good awareness and can pass a good ball. Can't imagine why the mancs would sell him to us though? Obviously he's not happy having to play second fiddle to Evra since he came back from injury so that's where the linking comes from.

I'd say I would want him. It's clear (and already mentioned) that our left back position is the weakest of our defense.
      « Last Edit: Jun 30, 2007 01:59:52 pm by redkenny »
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #14: Jun 30, 2007 01:56:35 pm
      kelv78?  Push Riise down the wing..?

Do you see Risse being in our starting line-up next season?

I really don't think he'll figure much to be honest...Kewell (unless we sign a left wnger) will be first choice.  And Riise can't play Lb (well)  so Aurelio will be starting (or may be a new signing?)
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #15: Jun 30, 2007 02:01:32 pm
      Eddie I sort of see were you coming from but Heinze is to much I think at 6 mill and he not the best left sided defender we could Get for that money, yes he is good and I talk allot of filling two positions with just one player thats the good side to him, but we need a center back to really cover and put pressure on Jamie and Agger.

I really stress its vital for us to have a proven center half at the club alongside Agger and Jamie with hyypia as forth choice paletta whatever his name is  and however we spell it is just a nothing player at the moment....

bridge is a good option for left back if we are trying to get heinze, but i can see what benitez wants, he wants cover and a good option without spending too much money, maybe saving it for another option
      « Last Edit: Jun 30, 2007 02:04:53 pm by samcharles »
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #16: Jun 30, 2007 02:12:41 pm
      Eddie I sort of see were you coming from but Heinze is to much I think at 6 mill and he not the best left sided defender we could Get for that money, yes he is good and I talk allot of filling two positions with just one player thats the good side to him, but we need a center back to really cover and put pressure on Jamie and Agger.

I really stress its vital for us to have a proven center half at the club alongside Agger and Jamie with hyypia as forth choice paletta whatever his name is  and however we spell it is just a nothing player at the moment....

bridge is a good option for left back if we are trying to get heinze, but I can see what benitez wants, he wants cover and a good option without spending too much money, maybe saving it for another option

Defensively I'd disagree, I don't think we can get any better for that sort of money. Heinze isn't the greatest going forward, but that's where Riise/Aurelio fit in. As Rafa always says it's all about options, for me Heinze would give us a different type of player at left back.
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #17: Jun 30, 2007 02:18:38 pm
      when we played at Watford. blackburn etc we played the 3 center half's as the 2 wing back tucked in.

could we not try that again and with Heinze yes he aggressive and a real defenders defender.

but he is 29 and for me only 2 years max left with the way he plays his game.

would there be anyone else from this league, iam struggling to to think of a name so your right there.  there is not many good left backs.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #18: Jun 30, 2007 03:10:44 pm
      when we played at Watford. blackburn etc we played the 3 center half's as the 2 wing back tucked in.

could we not try that again and with Heinze yes he aggressive and a real defenders defender.

but he is 29 and for me only 2 years max left with the way he plays his game.

would there be anyone else from this league, iam struggling to to think of a name so your right there.  there is not many good left backs.

Three at the back worked very well when we tried it last season, the only major problem we have is whether Finnan still has the legs to play wingback. Alves would've been a great option to play there, but it looks like Sevilla want silly money for him now. If we were to play the formation on a regular basis I'd say we'd need to buy someone for this position.
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #19: Jun 30, 2007 03:19:20 pm
      agree finnan is best when he has the four at the back or somone in front of him as a bank of a midfield 5 or four flat across the midfield.

i would love to see

Finnan   ......... carragher....... Milito..........aurelio
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #20: Jun 30, 2007 03:44:22 pm
      Defensively I'd disagree, I don't think we can get any better for that sort of money. Heinze isn't the greatest going forward, but that's where Riise/Aurelio fit in. As Rafa always says it's all about options, for me Heinze would give us a different type of player at left back.

Definatly,  I know he's a Man Scum player.  But I'm sure the Rafalution can set him straight!! :D :D

Riise is good going forawrd but not as good at the back.  We need a ball winner, someone aggresive to link up with Finnan's style of play.  To me,  Heinze would be the perfect left back signing.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #21: Jun 30, 2007 05:47:59 pm
       very interesting posta on this topic and i agree with most of them.......but we have another  good argentinian left back in  EMILIANO INSUA ,YES , he is still young and room for improving but i like the kid he's  strong  too ..your thoughts pls.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #22: Jun 30, 2007 07:59:11 pm
      I've always liked this lad and if we can get him I think we should. I think we have problems at left back he could sort for us and if he came to us and was a success it would provide loads of ammo to hurl at Man Ure fans! ;)

Quick Reply