Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Conspiracy theory Rob Stiles Cockney at large and Chelsea supporter.

Read 4887 times
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Conspiracy theory Rob Stiles Cockney at large and Chelsea supporter.
      Aug 19, 2007 09:43:03 pm
      Well folks here comes another one of my over ambitious academic (sort of) Journalistic (more F***ing like) efforts to try and understand why we have been the victims of yet another very bad attempt ( lets not be diplomatic here) at trying to umpire a game in which the home team were superior in all respects.

Mr Stiles you should be ashamed of one of the worst referring performances this side of Graham Pole. Today was one of the worst offiated sporting events I have ever had the misfortune to witness. Not only do you start waving the yellow cards at FANS in the kop end, no one actually knows who you bloody well booked and even that BLUE w**ker Andy Grey actually came up in support of Liverpool (will wonders never F***ing cease). And after that fiasco you have the Gaul letā€™s face it to perpetrate the worse decision of your poultry career to put into the mix and potion of what you call a Refereeing performance.

I am not one to harp on about ā€œow we wus robbedā€ but F**k me Stiles why didnā€™t you just get a gun run into any house in Liverpool hold the family at hostage and then get your so called fourth official to rob Tesco. Fact of the matter is you F***ing cracked Stiles you weak little man, tell you what next time you are in JJB sports why donā€™t you get your boyfriend to buy that oh so wanted Chelsea shirt.

This leads me onto why did this man give such an atrocious decision. Well I think its cockney propaganda to not allow us to win the EPL. (yes my name is Mel Gibson and yes Captain Picard heads up the anti LFC bureau at the FA, and yes you need to watch the movie conspiracy theory to know wtf im on about). I hear people like big nose Neil Warnock harp on about how the decisions donā€™t go their way, and I hear this week in week out from other teams who are also victims of such bad decisions. And I have to say we are probably out of the big four the ones who suffer the most. Do you remember last season when that linesmen said Pepe had handled outside the area against Bolton they then went onto to score from the free kick. This has got to rank even worse than that after such a brilliant performance today from the Red men in a match that was bound to be tight because of the sheer class of both teams, an arrogant little twerp who thinks he is more that what he is spoils my weekend (and not to face it my points in the prediction league bastad stiles) He has the gaul to call himself a professional! WHAT AT MAKING MISTAKES.

After much soul searching this afternoon and after calm reflection of what has happened today, its easy to criticize, moan and yell on and on, but the fact of the matter is this, until some sort of video evidence similar to cricket and Rugby is used ( and not just for goals mind you) we the fans the players and managers will have to suffer the pure F***ing incompetence of arrogant bastads like Stiles. And that my fellow reds is the bottom line. 
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Re: Conspiracy theory Rob Stiles Cockney at large and Chelsea supporter.
      Reply #1: Aug 19, 2007 09:47:35 pm
      Too true. Good post.

I'm a believer that luck even's itself out over the course of the season. Okay, Chelsea got a point and we got two less than we should have done thanks to the ineptitude of one man. Hopefully we may claw them two points back on a fortunate occassion later on the season.  Some people will say we already have with our touch and go free kick last week... BUT..

The mistake made today was so obvious that it looked like the ref was on the take.  I can imagine in years to come there will be an investigation in to referee bribery or something, and they will be showing highlights of that decision, and people will say...

'How did they not know at the time!'

The fact is the man should be held accountable by the FA or Premier League or whoever, because as far as I am concerned around 45,000 each spent Ā£25-Ā£30 on tickets yesterday - a lot of money to many who may have made long trips etc, and that referee spoilt the game.  I think he should give pay everybody their ticket price back.

Anyway Rafa knows how to sum it up better than I could.... ' Unbelievable! '
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #2: Aug 19, 2007 09:50:31 pm
      Too true. Good post.

I'm a believer that luck even's itself out over the course of the season. Okay, Chelsea got a point and we got two less than we should have done thanks to the ineptitude of one man. Hopefully we may claw them two points back on a fortunate occassion later on the season.  Some people will say we already have with our touch and go free kick last week... BUT..

The mistake made today was so obvious that it looked like the ref was on the take.  I can imagine in years to come there will be an investigation in to referee bribery or something, and they will be showing highlights of that decision, and people will say...

'How did they not know at the time!'

The fact is the man should be held accountable by the FA or Premier League or whoever, because as far as I am concerned around 45,000 each spent Ā£25-Ā£30 on tickets yesterday - a lot of money to many who may have made long trips etc, and that referee spoilt the game.  I think he should give pay everybody their ticket price back.

Anyway Rafa knows how to sum it up better than I could.... ' Unbelievable! '

Great post

He should be made to pay each and every fan their ticket price back in person kidda in person I tell you and sit there and take the abuse the sad balding little tw*t.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #3: Aug 19, 2007 10:05:21 pm
      All I can say is that tw*t Rob Stiles should be released from his duties on the grounds of  gross misconduct.
      When a tackle is made it may be seen as legal or foul depending on the officials position, but to be no more than 5 yards away from the play and to award a penalty for an offence he can only of imagjined, there can only be one reason, He had a personal reason for chelsea to avoid defeat. Be it his allegience to the club or he is on the take.  If he was refereeing a Sunday league game and gave a decision like that he would never make it back to his car. He must be removed from the F.A. list immediately.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #4: Aug 19, 2007 11:20:55 pm
      Surprised he hasn't tried the old 'Didn't have a good view of the challenge' line...

Let's play 'Spot the Ref during the difficult decision'. It's a tough one this week but see if you can spot him...
      Stu503
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Reply #5: Aug 20, 2007 06:18:34 pm
      Just to play devils advocate for a minute, he did give us a fairly ropey penalty against Sheff. Utd last season and the fact that he's absolute crap in every game he refs suggests no conspiracy.  He is, however, charged with being a smug, gutless, useless little... (insert own prophanity here)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #6: Aug 20, 2007 07:12:22 pm
      Just to play devils advocate for a minute, he did give us a fairly ropey penalty against Sheff. Utd last season and the fact that he's absolute crap in every game he refs suggests no conspiracy.  He is, however, charged with being a smug, gutless, useless little... (insert own prophanity here)

Feel free to play Devil's Advocate. In fact pretty sure he has shafted Chelsea for a decision at some point in recent history.

The points are these as I see it now:

1. Ref's need to be held accountable. That has happened to some extent this week. He has apologised and has received a form of punishment (no matter what we feel as to the sentence).

2. Footballers (as highlighted by Chelsea) should not be allowed to put as much pressure on the referee.  As soon as a scrum appears around a ref he should dish out the yellow cards.  A captain can approach the ref but this situation where 4 or 5 players chase the referee around is, in my opinion, a joke.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #7: Aug 21, 2007 03:34:11 pm
      Heres another conspiracy theory for you-Its widely reported today that Styles is linked to a company who have done some work on Romans house!!!!Read into that what you want.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #8: Aug 21, 2007 03:49:09 pm
      Feel free to play Devil's Advocate. In fact pretty sure he has shafted Chelsea for a decision at some point in recent history.

The points are these as I see it now:

1. Ref's need to be held accountable. That has happened to some extent this week. He has apologised and has received a form of punishment (no matter what we feel as to the sentence).

2. Footballers (as highlighted by Chelsea) should not be allowed to put as much pressure on the referee.  As soon as a scrum appears around a ref he should dish out the yellow cards.  A captain can approach the ref but this situation where 4 or 5 players chase the referee around is, in my opinion, a joke.

Agreed! Although the feeling that just won't go away al momento is that I can't help but wonder whether or not the 2 points that we lost are going to matter at the end of the season!

How much will his apology and his weekend ban matter then?

I don't think that video-referencing in football would be all that bad an idea! A panel could be set up in grounds where 3 officials view the match on a screen. If a situation like that should come up, a swift 'Yes' or 'No' could be uttered in the referee's ear and the decision could be made a lot fairer! It wouldn't slow the game down and it would be a lot better than being robbed by those cockney bas**rds!

I suppose they feel the same way about Garcia's 'ghost goal', so I am in no way a hypocrite!
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #9: Aug 21, 2007 04:14:31 pm
      Stiles should never ref again
      slimdogg
      • Forum John Barnes

• 407 posts |
      Reply #10: Aug 21, 2007 05:06:26 pm
      Surprised he hasn't tried the old 'Didn't have a good view of the challenge' line...

Let's play 'Spot the Ref during the difficult decision'. It's a tough one this week but see if you can spot him...

I give up where is he?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #11: Aug 21, 2007 05:16:44 pm

Don't think even Stiles knew the f***ing Wally :-\
      Stu503
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Reply #12: Aug 22, 2007 11:52:28 am
      The suspension for the weekend is a joke.  I wonder what game he would have been doing.  If it were to be Man Ure vs Spurs i would have been delighted cos he can make any result a possibility (bit like Rennie)
      Definately agree with those who think it should be like rugby union.  Only captains should be allowed to approach the referee.  If any others doing so were booked and all refs stuck to that policy then it would soon stop happening.  You can set your watch by Lampard, Terry and Drogba wading in to argue pretty much every decision that goes against Chelsea.
      Yawaray
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | -2 
      Reply #13: Aug 22, 2007 01:34:26 pm
      Please buddies, who's got Robb styles mother's name? Please I strongly need it. African power will trace him and he will confess freely. I have all the preparations ready. Can somebody just tell me his mother's name so I can invoke his spirit thats all. I'll comand him on what to do thereafter and he will confess freely to the whole world the actual amount he collected from Roman. The calabash and the other stuffs are ready. Some body please reply. Mt great grandfather gave me the stuff and it has worked beautifully on the two occasions I've been privileged to use it.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #14: Aug 22, 2007 02:20:51 pm
      Well he's held his hands up and admitted he has got it wrong but I don't think given the evidence he could do anything else.  The weekend suspension is a sop by the FA to try and diffuse the situation.  I wonder if he still gets paid?  I think he should be demoted to the Championship immediately for falling below the standard expected from a Premiership referee, and let's face it thats currently not much of a standard.

We must also remember that Martin O'Neil must feel similarly aggrieved at the Gerrard free kick that lost him two points.

The positive to take from the game was how well we played and that Chelsea were ecstatic to get a point at Anfield.  Now isn't that a change!!! 
      evadbur
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts |
      Reply #15: Aug 23, 2007 09:48:02 am
      Just to play devils advocate for a minute, he did give us a fairly ropey penalty against Sheff. Utd last season

I'm sorry but this keeps coming up. It wasn't a dodgy penalty. Replays showed that no contact was made but that doesn't mean it wasn't a foul.

Morgan comes charging in from the right and puts in a sliding tackle for the ball.

Gerrard in the process of avoiding getting his ankle broken loses his balance.

If a punch was thrown but didn't make contact, should the player go unpunished?

The only bit of bad refereeing there was not booking Morgan for the foul.
      giddy76
      • Forum John Toshack

• 263 posts |
      Reply #16: Aug 23, 2007 10:12:08 am
      I was fuming when I watched Stiles give that discussion last weekend... and it hasn't decended yet. We've clearly had a better start to the season that we did last year so a win against Chelsea was going to be the perfect start for me... then Stiles happened.

Still hopping mad.
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17: Aug 23, 2007 11:12:25 am
      outrages decision, but again mourinho's tactics worked again,when they are a goal down tell his players to put pressure on the reff and then dive in the box, and seroiusly watch chelsea when they are gettin beat you will see what i mean watch terry towards the reff and linesman, and watch cole, drogba, robben, lampard and now malouda go down in the box. We were far the better team and desvered 3 points but we were ROBbed.

Quick Reply