Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Gabriel Heinze (Manchester United)

Read 36480 times
      PaintingTheTownRed
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Re: Gabriel Heinze (Manchester United)
      Reply #161: Aug 10, 2007 08:18:59 pm
      What happened to this buy out clause thing? could the issue not be settled by heinze buying out his contract and then liverpool signing him on a free with signing on bonuses that compensate him? As I understand this subject, that would be the easiest way of solving the problem.
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #162: Aug 11, 2007 01:18:59 am
      He missed the deadline by which he could have opted out of his contract.
      LFC runtings
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #163: Aug 11, 2007 03:21:35 am
      Well lads and ladettes I just have to say (Sir) Alex Fergusons decision not tosell us heinze justshows how much he fears the new look Liverpool and we will just have to make him pay on the pitch, I like Carlos Tevez as a player but I hope he has a sh*t season at Man U purely because of Sir Alex's double standards.  >:D
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 340 posts |
      Reply #164: Aug 12, 2007 03:21:26 pm
      Anybody got an update on this saga as I have not heard of any developments recently??

The longer this goes on the more destabilising it must be on Heinze....just hope if we do sign him his heads straight.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #165: Aug 12, 2007 08:32:59 pm
      Anybody got an update on this saga as I have not heard of any developments recently??

The longer this goes on the more destabilising it must be on Heinze....just hope if we do sign him his heads straight.

Is the meeting with the Premier League due on the 20th?

Heinze said this in today's papers:

"I want a quick solution," he told The People. "My lawyers have told me a meeting with the Premier League is possible to advance the matter next week.

"The club had guaranteed my transfer if a good offer came in and nobody specified anything about the club whether it be a foreign team or Liverpool.

"I am a total professional and I have always behaved as such. Now I just ask that they respect me and accept what I was promised.

"It is incomprehensible and, that aside, they are affecting me as a professional not being able to go to another club," added Heinze.

"I have respected Ferguson since I arrived at Manchester. I don't want any conflict with United and neither do I have anything against the fans. They have always treated me perfectly and I have given everything for the club."
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #166: Aug 12, 2007 08:36:52 pm

Got a quote from todays People paper from Heinze saying "The club had guaranteed my transfer if a good offer came in and nobody specified anything about the club whether it be a foreign team or Liverpool"

Also fergie has been quoted "Gabby hasn't become an alien within our squad.  If he is still a united player he will be treated accordingly"  Clearly indicating that he believes this deal may still go through despite his attempts to block it.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #167: Aug 14, 2007 01:41:41 pm
      I see Lyon are after him now one of their players is injured.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #168: Aug 14, 2007 10:31:34 pm
      I see Lyon are after him now one of their players is injured.

I think Man United and the Manchester United dominated press are pushing that as hard as they can - practically inviting Lyon to bid.

Typical. I hope Rafa has a back up lined up.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #169: Aug 15, 2007 07:43:29 am
      Totally agree JD....my sentiments exactly. United have brought Lyon to the table in a desperate attempt to deflect the inevitable.....now if only our PR guys can get Lyon to inflict  the dross that is Baros on United then their season really will be well fu#ked!!!

PS: Ok Rooney is injured and plays for our biggest rivals but all the crap written by forum members wishing him a worse injury or a longer path back to recovery is retarded.....if Liverpool deserve the title I want it to happen when every team is at its strongest and we deserve it and not due to others weaknesses...We are LFC and fear no one....remember our roots and respect our history.
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 340 posts |
      Reply #170: Aug 15, 2007 10:29:45 am
      I am no expert on transfer dealings but surely if Gabby declines the move to Lyon he will either remain at Utd until his contract expires or get out on a technical and Utd allow his transfer to us?

So we can either expect a protracted transfer which will line the pockets of the legal advisors or have to wait until his last year of current contract when he can leave  'a la' Lampard to Barcelona when he could force his own transfer???

Any current practicing Football Lawyers please update this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #171: Aug 15, 2007 11:06:55 am
      Well, i'm no expert, but if Heinze declines the move to Lyon, and instead rots on the bench at Man U, i think he can opt out next year as well.....before a certain deadline....and if there isn't, Bosman free transfer it is in two years!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #172: Aug 15, 2007 11:07:04 am
      He has the opportunity to buy out his contract in the January transfer window I believe. Can't see him going to Lyon after turning down Juventus, he knows the prem is the best (and best paid) league in the world at the moment & wants to stay in the country.
      moz273
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 38 posts | -1 
      Reply #173: Aug 15, 2007 04:57:05 pm
      Is the Premier League hearing tomorrow?

If he is anything like as good as he was in his first season at United I'd be all for paying 6.8 million for him. Then he had his injured season, and when he came back last season he didn't look anywhere near as good as he was.

I just hope if we're paying that much for him (especially when I don't think he would get in the first choice back four) that his poor form last season was just because he was coming back from injury.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #174: Aug 19, 2007 09:22:51 am
      Manchester United have offered Gabriel Heinze to Lyon, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus but he is only interested in going to Liverpool (Sunday Express 19 Aug '07).

;D :D

It will only end in tears, but not for us. If he comes I hpoe he's worth it.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #175: Aug 19, 2007 12:05:11 pm
      Premier League hearing is tomorrow. I think he is going to sit on his contract till January.
      AggerDoo
      Reply #176: Aug 20, 2007 03:09:15 pm
      If the Heinze deal collapses then there is an idela repalcement buy in Micah Richards he is young, quick strong and the ideal repalcemnt 4 carra in a couple of seasons
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #177: Aug 20, 2007 03:30:13 pm
      Except he'd cost at least 15 million pounds.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #178: Aug 20, 2007 08:15:51 pm
      Looks like we'll find out tomorrow then, this is taken from The Sporting Life:

A decision on the future of Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze is expected to be made on Tuesday.

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson and chief executive David Gill have travelled to a Premier League arbitration tribunal on Monday to argue that the Argentinian should not be allowed to join Liverpool.

The defender has asked for a three-man panel to decide whether United gave him permission to leave the club for an agreed fee.

Heinze wants to join Liverpool and claims he has a letter from United allowing him to leave if a club offered a fee of £6.8million.

The club maintain however that they made it clear to Heinze both orally and by letter that he would not be permitted to join one of their title rivals in the top flight.

A Premier League spokesman confirmed a verdict is likely on Tuesday.

LINK

Some posters on other forums reckon the deal's been approved, but it's probably just speculation. On a side note I heard the league are now investigating Keiran Richardsons transfer to Sunderland as based on the league table they also count as a rival :D :D :D

Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #179: Aug 21, 2007 09:55:09 am
      I think we'll get him - looks that way!

I actually now don't think we need him.  Arbeloa seems to do a good enough job filling in - he's also very passionate, and seems to be enjoying his time at Anfield.

Then we have Aurelio to come back - but he seems to be another Kewell!
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #180: Aug 21, 2007 11:45:36 am
      What a myth about Aurelio.

The poor lad's had ONE freak injury, and now he's injury prone...?

But yes, it looks like we really don't need him.

Arbeloa is doing an admirable job, and with Aurelio and Kewell(therefore RIise back to the backs) to come, our need for Heinze is declining.
      But I'd still like to get him....we dont' have any center back depth behind Hyppia, who might leave anyway.
      And insua needs to get some game time, he's a gun.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #181: Aug 21, 2007 01:58:58 pm
      I think we'll get him - looks that way!

I actually now don't think we need him.  Arbeloa seems to do a good enough job filling in - he's also very passionate, and seems to be enjoying his time at Anfield.

Then we have Aurelio to come back - but he seems to be another Kewell!

Whens the decision being announced?  I know it is today, but I don't know when!

I've noticed Rafa has been playing Arbeloa in LB instead of Riise.  Arbeloa is right footed.  Is this a cry from Rafa to bring Heinze in??  :D

I hope we sign him.  And then when the Mancs come to town - they would see their arse.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #182: Aug 21, 2007 02:04:36 pm
      Arbeloa isn't naturally a left back though, and despite doing a good job in the last two games he is more at home on the right. In the last two games  I've noticed him drift into the middle from time to time when the play's been on the right side of the pitch, giving the opposition space down their right if they switched the play. It's gone unpunished so far, which is probably why it hasn't been picked up on much, but at some point we will concede because of it if Arbeloa keeps playing on the left. I actually think he's been the best option we've had available for the position in these games, but don't think the long term solution is to play him there, he belongs on the right. This leaves us with Riise & Aurelio as the choices for the position, both are more attack minded. I think Heinze is still needed as a defensive option for left back, and Riise & Aurelio are gonna have to fight it out when we want an attacking option. If Aurelio can keep himself fit I would have to say Riise has to go, his defensive positioning isn't good enough to play left back and his dribbling isn't good enough to play him on the wing. He does have one hell of a shot & I have to admit I wouldn't like to see him line up against us, but a good shot alone isn't good enough reason to keep him for me.
      Cy
      Reply #183: Aug 21, 2007 02:07:12 pm

From the BBC....

Heinze loses bid for Anfield move
      Gabriel Heinze in action for Manchester United
      Heinze joined United from Paris St Germain in 2004
      Manchester United's Gabriel Heinze has lost his attempt to force the club to allow him to move to rivals Liverpool.

United disputed claims from Heinze, 29, who said the Red Devils gave him written permission to pursue a transfer to another club for a fee of £6.8m.

The matter was referred to a Premier League arbitration panel.

The hearing concluded that the written letter Heinze possessed "was unambiguous in that it envisages only an international transfer".

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson and chief executive David Gill travelled to Monday's hearing to put their case.

More to follow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6954531.stm

Quick Reply