Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Gabriel Heinze (Manchester United)

Read 36482 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Gabriel Heinze (Manchester United)
      Reply #184: Aug 21, 2007 02:15:28 pm
      How stupid is that?  The Premier League acutally agree with United with Heinze not being allowed to leave although his release cause had been matched??  I know it's us.  United's biggest rivals, but this is bloody well childish.

Right, that's ruined my afternoon!!
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 340 posts |
      Reply #185: Aug 21, 2007 02:21:39 pm
      Bloody typical.........

Please now put me out of my misery and shut down this thread!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #186: Aug 21, 2007 02:28:13 pm
      Apparently he can still appeal, although I doubt it will be successful. I'm really quite surprised, I honestly believed no-one would be stupid enough to risk ruining their career unless they had a watertight case. If he really wants to join us that badly he'll wait until January when he can buyout his contract again.
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #187: Aug 21, 2007 02:29:58 pm
      Really not that bothered...as I mentioned in the previous reply. 

We've also got that Insua waiting in the wings.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #188: Aug 21, 2007 02:31:34 pm
      Apparently he can still appeal, although I doubt it will be successful. I'm really quite surprised, I honestly believed no-one would be stupid enough to risk ruining their career unless they had a watertight case. If he really wants to join us that badly he'll wait until January when he can buyout his contract again.

How much would it cost him to buy out his contract??

I would love him to appeal again.
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #189: Aug 21, 2007 02:33:34 pm
      How's he ruined his career?

He'll just have to sit tight and wait for us - or join a big euro side.

The guy has shown remarkable passion to join us - he should be commended for that, bet he's now hated by the scum!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #190: Aug 21, 2007 02:34:45 pm
      Really not that bothered...as I mentioned in the previous reply. 

We've also got that Insua waiting in the wings.

Insua does look very promising, but I wouldn't say he's ready for regular first team action. IMO we still need a left back who's a solid defender, Heinze would've fit the bill & his age wouldn't be an issue to me because as you mentioned we do have Insua waiting who should be more than ready by the time Heinze steps aside.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #191: Aug 21, 2007 02:51:46 pm
      How's he ruined his career?

He'll just have to sit tight and wait for us - or join a big euro side.

The guy has shown remarkable passion to join us - he should be commended for that, bet he's now hated by the scum!

He didn't say he HAD ruined his career, he said he'd risked ruining his career!

I commend him for wanting to leave them so much, especially when he's felt like that before the start of their dismal first few games of the season! Maybe he knew something we didn't! ;)

Hopefully he'll hold out for us! I'm sure if he did that he'd be welcomed here by everyone! Hopefully he will keep the faith! ;D
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #192: Aug 21, 2007 03:18:44 pm
      I can't see what the fuss is about.  We already have Aurelio, Riise & Arbeloa who can played left Defense.  I think is cover for Finnan that we need. 

My choice would be Micah Richards, I think we should had gone for him before the league started.  I think he is proberly priced us out of the market now.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #193: Aug 21, 2007 03:21:02 pm
      I can see this one dragging on-surely this is a restriction of trade?i think Heinze may go through the European courts,although this may take a while-do we need him that badly?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #194: Aug 21, 2007 03:25:51 pm
      I can't see what the fuss is about.  We already have Aurelio, Riise & Arbeloa who can played left Defense.  I think is cover for Finnan that we need. 

My choice would be Micah Richards, I think we should had gone for him before the league started.  I think he is proberly priced us out of the market now.

A defensive type of player is what we are lacking though! The three you mentioned are very handy going forward but we need someone to cover when we are faced with skilled wingers who usually tear our full backs to bits!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #195: Aug 21, 2007 03:29:59 pm

Arbeloa is supposed to be the cover for Finnan, he's playing left back as we have no-one else who can do a good defensive job there at the moment. If we'd got Heinze I'm sure we'd have only seen Arbeloa on the left very occassionally, possibly at times when the opposition played a left footed right winger like Messi at Barcelona.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Gabriel Heinze (Manchester United)- loses appeal
      Reply #196: Aug 21, 2007 03:40:00 pm
      Looks like he has lost his appeal sky sports news this afternoon:

A Premier League tribunal has ruled that Gabriel Heinze will not be allowed to move to Liverpool.

The Argentine international had requested the Premier League intervene, when Manchester United refused to sanction his departure to Liverpool.

Heinze looked to be on his way out of Old Trafford in the summer, when the club invited offers from European sides, but the player set his heart on Anfield.

Uncertain future

United have remained adamant in their stance that Heinze would not be allowed to join a title rival and this viewpoint has now been vindicated by the Premier League.

The Premier League said in a statement: "The hearing concluded that nature and intention of the disputed 13 June 2007 letter, especially when taken in context of verbal discussions and Manchester United FC's transfer policy, was unambiguous in that it envisages only an international transfer.

"Furthermore the hearing finds the letter constitutes an 'agreement to agree', and did not create an obligation or binding agreement for the club to transfer the player to any particular club.

"In other words the letter is evidence of an intention to negotiate, both between the parties and with potential buying clubs, and not evidence of any intention to create legal relations."

Sir Alex Ferguson and United officials have always maintained that Heinze could leave for another country, for a fee of around £6.8million, but it remains to be seen whether he still has a future in Manchester.

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #197: Aug 21, 2007 04:58:51 pm
      Looks like he has lost his appeal sky sports news this afternoon:

A Premier League tribunal has ruled that Gabriel Heinze will not be allowed to move to Liverpool.

The Argentine international had requested the Premier League intervene, when Manchester United refused to sanction his departure to Liverpool.

Heinze looked to be on his way out of Old Trafford in the summer, when the club invited offers from European sides, but the player set his heart on Anfield.

Uncertain future

United have remained adamant in their stance that Heinze would not be allowed to join a title rival and this viewpoint has now been vindicated by the Premier League.

The Premier League said in a statement: "The hearing concluded that nature and intention of the disputed 13 June 2007 letter, especially when taken in context of verbal discussions and Manchester United FC's transfer policy, was unambiguous in that it envisages only an international transfer.

"Furthermore the hearing finds the letter constitutes an 'agreement to agree', and did not create an obligation or binding agreement for the club to transfer the player to any particular club.

"In other words the letter is evidence of an intention to negotiate, both between the parties and with potential buying clubs, and not evidence of any intention to create legal relations."

Sir Alex Ferguson and United officials have always maintained that Heinze could leave for another country, for a fee of around £6.8million, but it remains to be seen whether he still has a future in Manchester.

Hopefully he will hold out until he can buy his contract out, if it's true what was said earlier, that he can do so in January! Whether he's willing enough to stay at United for that long with the scrutiny coming from his team mates and fans?
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #198: Aug 21, 2007 05:57:47 pm
      I actually think it's the right decision.

Ok - we was going to profit by bagging Heinze, but don't you think there should be a rule in place that Liverpool and Mancs can't do business together.

We've all said, how much we would hate a pool player going the other way.

I know Arbeloa isn't a left back - but he seems to be doing a good enough job.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #199: Aug 21, 2007 08:32:21 pm
      If the Heinze deal collapses then there is an ideal replacement buy in Micah Richards he is young, quick strong and the ideal relalcemnt 4 carra in a couple of seasons

Micah Richards had a very impressive display against ManUre and his value will rocket if he continues to perform like that! I remember the interview he did with Match of The Day when he scored his 1st goal for City. He swore live on air and everyone at the BBC went  :o :o :o :o !

Interesting reading...

Skysports.com understand that Micah Richards is yet to sign his new contract at Manchester City.

City offered the England star fresh terms late last month, but as yet the deal remains unsigned.

Richards is arguably one of the hottest prospects in world football and City are desperate to tie him down to a new contract - even though he has two seasons left on his current deal.

The player's current contract is below the level of an England international, which has prompted City to make their move.

Most of Europe's big-guns, including England's top four - are keeping very close tabs on the situation.

The 19-year-old made his name last season at right-back - but new City boss Sven Goran Eriksson has switched him to central defence where he has only enhanced his already huge reputation with a series of excellent displays - including a Man of the Match performance in the Manchester derby win over United on Sunday.

Although Richards' deal has not been rejected, City are anxious that their current offer remains unsigned.

As for Gabriel Heinze, time is of the essence and if it's meant to be his transfer will materialize. Of the two I would say Micah Richards has a lot of things going for him - age, physique, speed and ultimately experience with time. I'd put a decent offer in for him now, I doubt he would refuse a switch to Liverpool.
      MBESTEVIEG
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #200: Aug 21, 2007 08:49:46 pm
      To be honest if i was rafa i wouldnt be too bothered about not signing Heinze, fair play to Heinze though he has balls being a scum player and admitting he wants to play for us. I dont think i would have the balls to do it. Knowing manure death threats will be blowing down the east lancs faster than hurrican dean in mexico. 1 player who i would put on top of my list right now at this present time is richards, That lad has got quality potential and has the ability to be better than heinze plus he is only young. I know were my money would be going...
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #201: Aug 22, 2007 12:44:59 am
      1. Would rather have that young Georgio Chilliene from Juventus

2. Heinze has lost a yard of pace and he is 29 years old

3. Please lock this thread
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #202: Aug 22, 2007 02:56:49 am
      1. Would rather have that young Georgio Chilliene from Juventus

2. Heinze has lost a yard of pace and he is 29 years old

3. Please lock this thread

We can't lock this thread just yet, Rafa.

Heinze could well appeal.  So it's staying open for now.
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #203: Aug 22, 2007 08:11:34 am
      For God's sake people, Micah will cost at LEAST 15 million pounds, and will be closer to 25 million pounds with the bidding war.

We will get Heinze FOR FREE during the January transfer period.....and a veteran is exactly what we need.
      And....news just in:

http://talkaloadofbull.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=390078

According to the Argentine press Real Madrid have confirmed the signing of left back Gabriel Heinze from Manchester United for 12 million euros.
      Real Madrid Confirm Heinze Signing

Although it was speculated that the talented Argentine international would either join Liverpool or Juventus, he will instead reinforce Real Madrid for the new Spanish season.

The Spanish champions had been searching for an experienced left back, after youngsters Marcelo and Miguel Torres both didn’t impress in a preseason where their defense was exposed time and time again.

Madrid were also woeful in defense in their 5-3 defeat against Sevilla in the Spanish Super Cup last Sunday.

Heinze, who is 29 years of age, has already played in Spain, after representing Real Valladolid in the 1997-1998 season and then again in the 1999-2001 season.

Since then he has played for Sporting Lisbon, Paris Saint Germain, and his latest club Manchester United.

The highly rated defender will be the fourth Argentine in Madrid’s ranks, after Javier Saviola, Fernando Gago, and Gonzalo Higuain.

According to reports Bernd Schuster has now set his sights on another Argentine, Real Zaragoza striker Diego Milito.

---------------------------------------

Wow...that was quick.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #204: Aug 22, 2007 01:12:34 pm
      My gut feeling...he wants out of Man U & doesn't care how or where he goes now that he can't force the LFC move...I feel a bit suspect about his motives.
      sell73out
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #205: Aug 22, 2007 01:26:56 pm
      BBC Sport
      Quote from: BBC Sport
      Gabriel Heinze has conceded he may have no future at Manchester United after he was prevented from joining Liverpool.
      A Premier League panel ruled that Heinze, 29, could not force United to sell him to their bitter rivals.

The Argentine defender told the Daily Mirror: "This is not a war but I have to consider my stay at Manchester United is finished.

"I am not anti-United but I only wanted to defend my right to search for another club without restriction."

Heinze took his case for a move to Anfield to the Premier League and produced a letter from United chief executive David Gill, which confirmed he could leave Old Trafford for £6.8m.

But a Premier League panel ruled the letter did not constitute consent for Heinze to leave.

He is desperate for a transfer but Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez's desire to sign Heinze has been firmly rebuffed by the Premier League champions.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson and Gill have unequivocally rejected Heinze's request to become the first player in more than 40 years to leave Old Trafford for Anfield.

The Argentine's heart is set on a move to Liverpool and he dismissed speculation linking him with French champions Lyon, despite coach Alain Perrin stressing Heinze is on his wanted list.

He added: "I am tired about rumours linking me with France, Italy and Spain.

"I have never spoken with clubs in these countries because in my head the only option is Liverpool.

"My hope was to negotiate a transfer to Liverpool but, unfortunately, the Premier League decided in favour of United.

"The decision is a painful one but my lawyers are still searching for a solution, one that is favourable to all parties."

Lyon coach Perrin said: "We are waiting for a response about Gabriel Heinze, he really has the profile of the player we are looking for."

Heinze is set to appeal against the Premier League panel's decision but it could undermine his chances of moving before the transfer window closes on 31 August.

United have 14 days to respond to any appeal so their response could be delivered after the transfer deadline.

But the Premier League will use its discretionary powers to let Heinze leave Old Trafford after the deadline.

A couple of interesting tit-bits in there, but mainly he DEFINITELY wants to play for Liverpool... and no-one else!, and we may still get him even if we miss the transfer window because of Man U slowing things down... this gets more intriguing by the day!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #206: Aug 22, 2007 01:42:44 pm
      I may be wrong, but I can't recall a player ever having to go through so much to play for our club. We should definately pull out all the stops on this one, the skill he has combined with his unwavering desire to play for us could be the perfect combination.

Quick Reply