Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Gabriel Heinze (Manchester United)

Read 36483 times
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Re: Gabriel Heinze...do we want him?
      Reply #23: Jun 30, 2007 08:06:50 pm
      No,No,NO,No-the fact is he isnt any better than what we already have..The fact that he is a manc is secondary,Why should we give the urinals money for a bit part player.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #24: Jun 30, 2007 08:12:00 pm
      I disagree and think he's a better left back than Riise, he would improve are team and to leave straight from them and come to use would be classy, I can see it now Man Ure feeder club to Liverpool!! :D
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #25: Jun 30, 2007 08:24:23 pm
      If he is good enough United wouldn't sell him to us.

Would we sell a vital cog of a Premiership winning side to United? Nah.
      Good point(s) there Jabba!
      I think he's alright but I'm not sure if they'd sell. But if they had someone to replace him.. maybe.. but do we need him, really?! I don't think so.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #26: Jun 30, 2007 09:20:07 pm
      Crazy horse,feeder club?they will just say there giving us their cast offs.The only reason i can see that Rafa wants him is that hes versatile and better defensively than Riise,but John is better going forward,maybe he wants to plat him behind Riise?
      redmatt82
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #27: Jun 30, 2007 10:02:54 pm
      This is the S*n speculation. He is a good player, but he plays for the scum, and I really couldnt see the kop getting behind an ex united player, I mean can you see reds with heinze shirts on, i dont think so, but as I said its just speculation and not to be taken too seriously.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #28: Jul 01, 2007 03:37:02 am
      This is the S*n speculation. He is a good player, but he plays for the scum, and I really couldnt see the kop getting behind an ex united player, I mean can you see reds with heinze shirts on, I dont think so, but as I said its just speculation and not to be taken too seriously.

No, it was the back page of the echo. Not a scum speculation. Maybe the scum had it on the back page? I dont know.
      Why can't you see the kop getting behind an ex manu player?
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #29: Jul 01, 2007 08:57:03 am
      kelv78?  Push Riise down the wing..?

Do you see Risse being in our starting line-up next season?

I really don't think he'll figure much to be honest...Kewell (unless we sign a left wnger) will be first choice.  And Riise can't play Lb (well)  so Aurelio will be starting (or may be a new signing?)

I really dont rate Aurelio so if Riise was to leave Heinze would do a good job.
      « Last Edit: Jul 01, 2007 11:12:35 am by EddieC »
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #30: Jul 01, 2007 11:16:36 am
      I really dont rate Aurelio so if Riise was to leave Heinze would do a good job.

Why don't you rate Aurelio? He was just getting settled in & putting in some great performances before he got injured, give the lad a chance. He can do something Riise can't do, beat a man & put a good cross in. Too many people over rate Riise because of the crackers he scores. Yes they are very nice goals, but the primary job of a fullback is to defend, and for a winger it's to get crosses in. If a player can get the main part of their job right then it's a lovely bonus if they can chip in with a few goals, but goals don't compensate for not getting the basics right.
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #31: Jul 01, 2007 01:11:01 pm
      Eddie c i agree again with what you say mate......

Aurelio was becoming efffective and he was bringing a good attitude to the team in shape and positioning he was starting to brings  good whipped balls into the zones that Rafa wants them to be played into.

He will hopefully come back and have another season then i think we have a god solid squad option then.

Riise and his positional play somtimes is dreadful and think he is good player but not the clear man to start the new season as the untouched left back,    no way   

He has to show more energy which he looked to be lacking at the end of the season, and has to get more crosses into the right areas like finnan does on a regular basis.

FINNAN......CARRAGHER... .. MILITO..... AURELIO...
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #32: Jul 01, 2007 02:01:58 pm
      Heinze baked beans? good player would add depth to our squad but, hes a mank? nuff said. lets get a few youngsters in from the academy and give them a chance.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #33: Jul 01, 2007 06:51:21 pm
      The acadamy players will not win us the league in the short term,reserves and carling cup not league.We would all like to see more home grown talent,but we need to be realistic.
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 340 posts |
      Reply #34: Jul 01, 2007 07:51:16 pm
      We should be objective when considering if Heinze is the type of player that the Kop will warm to.

Yes he plays for a crap side currently but he is a very good player and would fill a gap that is much needed in our back four.

Rafa will continue to play with four at the back and with Aurelio and Insua as our most recogniseable left backs we need his experience and quality.

Yes he is getting on a bit but at 6 million he offers value.

Plus I would love to see one of his tasty tackles on half breed Neville!

camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #35: Jul 02, 2007 12:36:10 am
      he's a good player just a funny situation all the scum fans will be giving it all that "one of our rejects" talk. i hope we can find a good left back though because we already have great defense but thats where theres is a little bit of unbalance
      Paolo
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #36: Jul 02, 2007 12:33:47 pm
      Liverpool Echo report this notice on the web. Could be set behind Riise (moved as a wing).
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #37: Jul 02, 2007 04:11:10 pm
      Aurelio when fit is class, Riise is good on form too but thats rare.

Henize is ok but would much rather prefare Milito
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #38: Jul 02, 2007 05:04:19 pm
      Aurelio is average at best..He spend more time on the treatment table than the pitch.When he was on the pitch his performances were generally poor,with the exception of one game.Arsenal?
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #39: Jul 02, 2007 05:08:09 pm
      Aurelio is average at best..He spend more time on the treatment table than the pitch.When he was on the pitch his performances were generally poor,with the exception of one game.Arsenal?

Which Aurelio have you been watching?

Ok he had a slow start to the season, as most new players do, but once he found his feet he put in some great performances, not just the Arsenal game.

He has had a bad season with injuries, but looking at his history with Valencia he hasn't always been injury prone. Give him one more season at least before making any rash decisions.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Reply #40: Jul 02, 2007 07:45:25 pm
      I thought Aurelio was just starting to show some class before he got injured, Big loss towards end of season.
      Heinze ? A few mancs I have spoken to say get him back in, he's far better than Evra. Mabey Evra pushes on more but the manks still prefer Heinze. I think he wants to leave because he's not getting a regular game with Evra there. Would he get that at Anfield ?
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 340 posts |
      Reply #41: Jul 03, 2007 10:01:03 am
      With the Torres deal virtually tied up the speculation is growing in relation to us signing Heinze.

The general concensus from this thread is that despite him being a United player he is quality and should do a very good job whilst we nurture our younger players.

I reckon it will be a done deal and we only then have to look at our flanks before we are satisfied we have a championship winning side.

I suspect we have missed out on Malouda which is not a bad thing as he seems a bit mercenary if you ask me.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #42: Jul 03, 2007 10:13:02 am
      With the Torres deal virtually tied up the speculation is growing in relation to us signing Heinze.

The general concensus from this thread is that despite him being a United player he is quality and should do a very good job whilst we nurture our younger players.

I reckon it will be a done deal and we only then have to look at our flanks before we are satisfied we have a championship winning side.

I suspect we have missed out on Malouda which is not a bad thing as he seems a bit mercenary if you ask me.

Certainly a mercenary! Didn't want him after he came out demanding we make him feel wanted! In other words, 'Lace my palm with Silver!' London's down that way mate!..... :P
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #43: Jul 03, 2007 10:19:30 am
      well apparently the lad really wants to come to us and is willing to buy his own contract out for 4.5mil up front before LFC pay him back . . .
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #44: Jul 03, 2007 01:09:02 pm
      Crazy horse,feeder club?they will just say there giving us their cast offs.The only reason I can see that Rafa wants him is that hes versatile and better defensively than Riise,but John is better going forward,maybe he wants to plat him behind Riise?

Sorry for trying to add a bit of humour, I don't really think they will be a feeder club. I was just saying I will will winding the Manc I work with up by saying things like they are a feeder club. Take a pill fella and lighten up, my opinion is he is a better left back than what we have and I think he would be a good addition to our squad, and I make no apology's for that.
      JimBo
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #45: Jul 03, 2007 01:17:49 pm
      Why don't you rate Aurelio? He was just getting settled in & putting in some great performances before he got injured, give the lad a chance. He can do something Riise can't do, beat a man & put a good cross in. Too many people over rate Riise because of the crackers he scores. Yes they are very nice goals, but the primary job of a fullback is to defend, and for a winger it's to get crosses in. If a player can get the main part of their job right then it's a lovely bonus if they can chip in with a few goals, but goals don't compensate for not getting the basics right.

looool

aurellio is fcking sh*te

put a good cross in?? have u been watching the reserve matches to match.. he always takes the free kicks and generally hits the wall

wen he takes a corner he cant get it off of the ground

Quick Reply