Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Gabriel Heinze (Manchester United)

Read 36500 times
      lfcwill
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Re: Gabriel Heinze...do we want him?
      Reply #46: Jul 03, 2007 01:18:28 pm
      I know he's a manc and that but I think he's a great defender and can play at left back or centre half where I think we need cover.by the way i think aurelio is class and will show it next season
      « Last Edit: Jul 03, 2007 01:20:39 pm by lfcwill »
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #47: Jul 03, 2007 01:49:37 pm
      Sorry for trying to add a bit of humour, I don't really think they will be a feeder club. I was just saying I will will winding the Manc I work with up by saying things like they are a feeder club. Take a pill fella and lighten up, my opinion is he is a better left back than what we have and I think he would be a good addition to our squad, and I make no apology's for that.

Bravo! There's a few people who need to lighten up a touch on here, and get with the scouse way of thinking! If we do buy him I'm officially calling United our feeder club, I know a few Mancs :laugh:
      thekopster
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -5 
      Reply #48: Jul 03, 2007 04:44:13 pm
      you know millto is he a centre foward all a centre back

aurellio is amazing he is a class left back
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Gabriel Heinze
      Reply #49: Jul 03, 2007 06:37:29 pm
      read this now in a few papers and I for one am discussted that apparently rafa wants him. hes a dirty cheeting b***ard and one who dosent deserve to be in a red shirt.

what are your views?
      « Last Edit: Jul 03, 2007 07:08:42 pm by mrtommo, Reason: topic merged due to on running topic »
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #50: Jul 03, 2007 07:13:29 pm
      you know millto is he a centre foward all a centre back

aurellio is amazing he is a class left back

There's two of them mate, brothers. Gabriel Milito is a centre back, Diego Milito is a centre forward.

looool

aurellio is fcking sh*te

put a good cross in?? have u been watching the reserve matches to match.. he always takes the free kicks and generally hits the wall

wen he takes a corner he cant get it off of the ground

Read my post, I said he had a sh*t start but then went on to show a bit of quality. He hasn't played for the reserves since then, mainly due to the fact that he's been injured, so to quote his form in the reserves isn't relevant to my post really.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #51: Jul 03, 2007 07:37:19 pm
      Read my post, I said he had a sh*t start but then went on to show a bit of quality. He hasn't played for the reserves since then, mainly due to the fact that he's been injured, so to quote his form in the reserves isn't relevant to my post really.

:laugh: Stop killing other posters off! It isn't fair Eddie ;) They know no better! ;D
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #52: Jul 03, 2007 07:40:53 pm

Never :D :D :D
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #53: Jul 03, 2007 09:09:06 pm
      I think Heinze is a class act, far better than enyone we have in that poisition, only problem is his age, we would only get 2-3 years out of him, but by then Insua should be ready for the first team.
      LFC FOR ME
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #54: Jul 03, 2007 09:15:42 pm
      I agree Liverbird about the age issue but im starting to care less about age and more about what we can do now than in three years.  If he helps us win the premiership anytime in the next three years and then we find he's a bit past it then that 6 million will look well spent.  Weve got a wealth of talent in the youth/reserves that rafa's been buying so hopefully the future is being catered for.  Heinze is experienced at international level and within champions league so thats a bonus and he has also played in some massive premiership games so he knows what its all about at the top level. For me he's a good prosepect albeit that he might be a short term fix.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #55: Jul 03, 2007 09:31:59 pm
      I agree Liverbird about the age issue but im starting to care less about age and more about what we can do now than in three years.  If he helps us win the premiership anytime in the next three years and then we find he's a bit past it then that 6 million will look well spent.  Weve got a wealth of talent in the youth/reserves that rafa's been buying so hopefully the future is being catered for.  Heinze is experienced at international level and within champions league so thats a bonus and he has also played in some massive premiership games so he knows what its all about at the top level. For me he's a good prosepect albeit that he might be a short term fix.

fu*k me, it took you 47 posts for me to agree with you!

Great post, summed up pretty much everything I wanted to say.
      LFC FOR ME
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #56: Jul 03, 2007 09:37:48 pm
      You need to read my posts more carefully Eddie and I think youl agree with alot more of them.  Your a tough nut to crack and you do crush some of the people on here sometimes with your passionate unswerving views but I hate to admit that sometimes, and i stress the sometimes bit, i do actually agree with you too. 
      MartOla
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #57: Jul 04, 2007 05:00:26 am
      I read that he can buy out his own contract cos he hasn't signed a deal in over 3 years with the manc sh*te cos of that new fifa ruling. I mean 5 million for a 29 year old left back sounds a little steep ecspecially after that injury he had. I rate him don't get me wrong but for 5 million at 29, I don't see the sense in that. I'drather bang the 5 million towards a left winger, but if Rafas got 'WEDGE' to spend then who gives a toss. But if he'd buy out his own contact then we just reimburst him it's all happy days and we've got a few quid knocked off, sorted.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #58: Jul 04, 2007 08:48:29 am
      You need to read my posts more carefully Eddie and I think youl agree with alot more of them.  Your a tough nut to crack and you do crush some of the people on here sometimes with your passionate unswerving views but I hate to admit that sometimes, and I stress the sometimes bit, I do actually agree with you too. 

I read every post carefully, unless it starts with the words 'I haven't seen him play, but I think....'

I was only joking with my previous comment, I do actually agree with a fair bit of what you post, I was just referring to the Voronin disagreement in another thread ;)
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #59: Jul 04, 2007 12:09:54 pm
      name of thread... "Gabriel Heinze: do we want him?"

I think we should invest in players that this club "needs", not "wants"....a want is just for the sake of having it, and then your over it by the next day....a need is something which is beneficial and something that serves a purpose and adds meaning to something...it will add some kind of change/improvement to the current situation....
      to answer the thread....do we want him??? we could do with him, for the sake of it...and it is saying something if the mancs are getting rid of him for what reason I dont know....so personally, i dont really want him at anfield....
      but do we "need" him??? I dont think so....
      kopite4lyf
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #60: Jul 04, 2007 12:30:16 pm
      i don't rate Heinze much but man u don't want 2 sell him 2 one of they're biggest rivals
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #61: Jul 04, 2007 12:31:23 pm
      I don't think it's a case of the Mancs not wanting him anymore I think it is more a case of Evra being preferred at left back instead of him, stories today suggest Heinze will leave Old trafford for us when Fergie goes tee total! Heinze has concerns about not starting enough games so is looking elsewhere and I think he would do a good job for us until Insua is ready to assume the position on a regular basis. I welcome class players from any club if I believe they are better than what we have already for that position, so if £5m will get us a player who in my opinion is better than the other players in that position already (Aurelio and Insua will improve) then surely it is worth a punt? frankly though I think it will take a really big push from Heinze if he is going to get a transfer to us, so we will see how keen he really is on the move.
      « Last Edit: Jul 04, 2007 12:33:29 pm by Glenbuck »
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #62: Jul 04, 2007 12:37:32 pm

I think we should invest in players that this club "needs", not "wants"....a want is just for the sake of having it, and then your over it by the next day....a need is something which is beneficial and something that serves a purpose and adds meaning to something...it will add some kind of change/improvement to the current situation....
      to answer the thread....do we want him??? we could do with him, for the sake of it...and it is saying something if the mancs are getting rid of him for what reason I dont know....so personally, I dont really want him at anfield....

That's just nitpicking & you know it

I'd have to disagree with you, I think Heinze is a player we could do with. Both our left back options are quite attacking, which is great when the opposition right winger isn't the greatest, but when they have someone class in that position you need a left back who's solid defensively. Heinze would give us a different option to our current choices, of course then one of Riise or Aurelio would have to go, which would be a very tricky decision at the moment. For me, Aurelio looks like he has the potential to be the better player, he was looking really good before he got injured, but hasn't done it for long enough yet to prove he can do it consistently. If we signed Heinze & could hang onto both Aurelio & Riise until January, we would be in a better position to choose.

With regards to your point about the mancs getting rid of him, I don't think they're trying to, it is Heinze who wants to leave Utd. There are even rumours flying around that he's willing to pay £4.5m out of his own pocket to buy out the remainder of his contract. All in all I don't think he's an essential signing, but for the right money he'd be a good option to have as long as it didn't restrict our spending in other areas of greater need.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #63: Jul 04, 2007 02:21:14 pm

I'd have to disagree with you, I think Heinze is a player we could do with. Both our left back options are quite attacking, which is great when the opposition right winger isn't the greatest, but when they have someone class in that position you need a left back who's solid defensively. Heinze would give us a different option to our current choices, of course then one of Riise or Aurelio would have to go, which would be a very tricky decision at the moment. For me, Aurelio looks like he has the potential to be the better player, he was looking really good before he got injured, but hasn't done it for long enough yet to prove he can do it consistently. If we signed Heinze & could hang onto both Aurelio & Riise until January, we would be in a better position to choose.

With regards to your point about the mancs getting rid of him, I don't think they're trying to, it is Heinze who wants to leave Utd. There are even rumours flying around that he's willing to pay £4.5m out of his own pocket to buy out the remainder of his contract. All in all I don't think he's an essential signing, but for the right money he'd be a good option to have as long as it didn't restrict our spending in other areas of greater need.

Totally agree. That says it all.

I'd say we need a player with very good defensive ability at the left back position. And Heinze would fit that bill for me. It's already been said he would also come with a lot of experience in the prem and europe. So at £5m he's worth a go for the next two or three seasons. Whether it actually happens remains to be seen, but I can see the logic why we are linked with him and I couldn't care less who we sign players from, as long as it would be an advantage for us.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #64: Jul 04, 2007 09:26:01 pm

to answer the thread....do we want him??? we could do with him, for the sake of it...and it is saying something if the mancs are getting rid of him for what reason I dont know....so personally, I dont really want him at anfield....

Swallowed a dictionary?  ::) ;)
      Do we want him? I think we 'want' Heinze for his experience, no doubt about that. His league, CL and international experience stand as a testament to his quality and for that reason alone I think he would be a good investment.

His presence in the squad would also ensure the left back / wing had further options in all competitions too. If we are to push for the title and have 2, 3 or even 4 decent cup runs next season then it's important we have depth in the squad and players challenging for positions all over the field. Another left sided player along with Riisse, Aurelio, Insua, Kewell and any reserve players would give us those options.

A successful season will take it's toll on players either through fatigue and / or injury, again this is where I think it would be good to have him in the squad. At 5 million, (if that's his current value) it would be money well spent.

Do we want him? For his experience and quality... Yes.
      Do we need him? For the depth of squad cover... Yes.

oldbill1894
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #65: Jul 05, 2007 01:41:58 am
      I'd happily support him. Good player, strong and tough tackling. I cant think of any better in the premiership. Mind you, the thought of leaving a bad taste in Fergies gob helps a bit.
      Adam_lfcfan
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • A team of Carras...apart from up front!!
      Reply #66: Jul 10, 2007 02:42:14 pm
      I must admit he didn't look too bad for Argentina against the USA... can't see man ure letting him go though, particularly to us.
      Going on the defencive performances in that game Gabriel Millito was a much better prospect - no idea who he plays for/availability, but damn he's quick for a defender! He gets across the box like he's got a rocket up his ass!

*Wonders if Masch can convince half the argie squad to sign for us* ;)

I think i would be correct if I said he played for Real Zaragoza(or however its spelt) and I think he would be available...weve been linked to him in the past...but then weve been linked to half of la liga!!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #67: Jul 10, 2007 07:45:01 pm

Fantastic post Eddie, and a good way of shooting down someone who hasn't really had much input to any debate upto now!

Swallowed a dictionary?  ::) ;)
      Do we want him? I think we 'want' Heinze for his experience, no doubt about that. His league, CL and international experience stand as a testament to his quality and for that reason alone I think he would be a good investment.

His presence in the squad would also ensure the left back / wing had further options in all competitions too. If we are to push for the title and have 2, 3 or even 4 decent cup runs next season then it's important we have depth in the squad and players challenging for positions all over the field. Another left sided player along with Riisse, Aurelio, Insua, Kewell and any reserve players would give us those options.

A successful season will take it's toll on players either through fatigue and / or injury, again this is where I think it would be good to have him in the squad. At 5 million, (if that's his current value) it would be money well spent.

Do we want him? For his experience and quality... Yes.
      Do we need him? For the depth of squad cover... Yes.

Another brilliant post, well played RED1028

In regards to both of these replies, he is a much better option when we're faced against someone with a creative right winger! I can only agree with you both as you've said everything I'd say!  ;D Let me have a go soon gents  ;)
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #68: Jul 10, 2007 10:15:24 pm
      I've watched Gabby quite abit during the copa americas and he is great under pressure with someone storming down the wing at him. Very tennacious and commited with excellent timing BUT on the ball he was looked woeful.
      First touch is really poor and his distribution is weak. He doesn't look up enough and isn't aware of the runs of his teamates which is a basic necessity for a team like the Argies when you got Roman and Aimar around you (side note: Veron has looked fantastic).
      So he'd be a great defender but offers little once he has won the ball. But for Babel or whoever it is who'll play left wing he'd be a great confidence builder as you'd be allowed to bomb down the flank and not worry about being exposed......sod it for 5mill lets piss  the mancs off!

Quick Reply