Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Gabriel Heinze (Manchester United)

Read 36336 times
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Re: Gabriel Heinze...do we want him?
      Reply #69: Jul 10, 2007 10:25:10 pm
      i would love to have him - just not sure he'll leave now manyre are getting tevez ?

maybe rafa and mascher have been tapping him up  ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #70: Jul 10, 2007 10:38:11 pm

Something you'd like to tell us Hound?  ;) ;D

Yeah, I agree, I'm not sure if we'll be able to sign him now on top of obvious reasons. If Tevez goes there - which is looking most likely unfortunately - then that could spare him on to make a change of mind and fight for his place, with a fellow country man in the same side..

I still think he'd be a good option at left back for us with his defensive quality, though.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #71: Jul 10, 2007 10:45:05 pm
      Something you'd like to tell us Hound?  ;) ;D

Yeah, I agree, I'm not sure if we'll be able to sign him now on top of obvious reasons. If Tevez goes there - which is looking most likely unfortunately - then that could spare him on to make a change of mind and fight for his place, with a fellow country man in the same side..

I still think he'd be a good option at left back for us with his defensive quality, though.

sorry kenny i should have expanded on that, im being sent to the copa to tap him up personally ! - rafa thought about sending parry but realized he probably wasn't the man for it   ;) ;D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #72: Jul 10, 2007 11:07:39 pm
      sorry kenny I should have expanded on that, im being sent to the copa to tap him up personally ! - rafa thought about sending parry but realized he probably wasn't the man for it   ;) ;D

:lmao:

Probably a good idea. Parry would more likely end up tapping up a venezuelan basketball player anyway!
      Davejh65
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #73: Jul 10, 2007 11:29:01 pm
      2 Seasons ago he was United's best player, great in the tackle, good in the air, can cover centre half as well, all positives there.

Lacks a bit of pace, his distribution is a bit suspect and he doesn't get down the wing to cross.

If we were to buy him as an attacking defender I would say no, but as an out and out defender (something we lack at left back except for Insua) then I say top signing, speaks spanish fits in nice. (if United would let him go to us) if I were them, i wouldn't    would you?

DH
      Adam_lfcfan
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • A team of Carras...apart from up front!!
      Re: Gabriel Heinze (Manchester United)
      Reply #74: Jul 11, 2007 05:24:00 pm
      2 Seasons ago he was United's best player, great in the tackle, good in the air, can cover centre half as well, all positives there.

Calm down im not so sure about best player! He is a more defensive left back than the options we do have and if we want to win the premiership you need to be able to have these sorts of options. Think we need to look elsewhere though as its unlikely the mancs will sell him to us
      scousejay
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #75: Jul 11, 2007 08:08:15 pm
      i dont like Heinze because:- 1) hes  a manc 2) hes a manc 3) hes a manc
      No seriously though if its at the right price i would have him i would rate him a better player than aurelio but not riise because of what he gives us going forward!
      YNWA
      pjlfc25
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #76: Jul 11, 2007 09:07:40 pm
      i dont think tevez will make his way 2 liverpool but henzie will be good for the club and just make the strong defence even stronger but i yhink its gunna be hard getting him off man unt
      jonny d
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #77: Jul 11, 2007 10:30:39 pm
      At 29 years old and about ÂŁ5-6 million i cant see how hes any better than riise
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #78: Jul 11, 2007 10:50:17 pm
      At 29 years old and about ÂŁ5-6 million I cant see how hes any better than riise

Different type of player. I believe that Riise & Aurelio are very similar in style, both attacking fullbacks, and we could do with an out & out defensive fullback to get the balance right. Heinze would fit the bill perfectly, but I'm not sure who should go?
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #79: Jul 11, 2007 11:03:11 pm
      well im not sure any need to go if we do as i hope bring gabby in, Heinze is rock solid and will not let you down across the back 4 the other 2 have good qualities going 4wrd riise and his shooting and Aurelio and his distribution, but left sided defense will be the next and last player in thats for sure . . .
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #80: Jul 11, 2007 11:13:42 pm
      Different type of player. I believe that Riise & Aurelio are very similar in style, both attacking fullbacks, and we could do with an out & out defensive fullback to get the balance right. Heinze would fit the bill perfectly, but I'm not sure who should go?

I'm the same. If Heinze was to come in then you'd imagine either Riise or Aurelio's days are numbered.
      I think if Aurelio comes back from that inury the same way he was beginning to play before he got it, then maybe Riise. Aurelio was showing a bit more sharpness to his attacking play compared to Riise. Less lathargic and better crossing. I don't know if anyone else agrees but I think Riise has lost that sharpness he used to have and the only thing that really springs to mind when I think of him now, is his powerful shot. But then that's on the basis of when Aurelio is fit, does he carry on performing the way he was?

Either way, the left back position really could do with some strong defensive stability, to give the right balance.
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #81: Jul 12, 2007 02:46:33 am
      he has scored one goal now with argentina
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #82: Jul 12, 2007 02:52:45 am
      he has scored one goal now with argentina

Yeah I'm watching the game  as well....after all I said about his lack of attacking ability and the little argie just scores! He is looking a little steadier on the ball in this game but still runs into trouble or his passes are a little wayward.
      Sidenote: Interesting seeing a game where Barca's new boy Milito is playing against the guy he is potentially going to replace...Marquez.
      Also...Masch is looking so comfortable and tidy....Gerrards going to love partnering him next season
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #83: Jul 12, 2007 09:33:53 am
      I see Mr Hicks has stated we have at least one more signing to come in, now whether he means Babel i don't know but the Heinze stories seem to be gathering a lot of pace.

Heinze flattered by Liverpool’s interest
      Jul 12 2007 by Ian Doyle, Liverpool Daily Post

GABRIEL HEINZE has revealed his pride at being linked with a move to Anfield as Tom Hicks hinted Liverpool’s summer spending spree will continue.

It emerged last week that Rafael Benitez is targeting the Manchester United left-back as part of his multi-million squad overhaul.

Liverpool face a massive task in taking Heinze from Old Trafford, with United manager Sir Alex Ferguson loath to sell the player to his team’s greatest rivals.

The Argentine, who could be available for around ÂŁ6million, is also being courted by Juventus, Real Madrid and Premier League rivals Newcastle United.

Heinze’s future won’t be decided until after the Copa America concludes at the weekend, but is flattered by Liverpool’s interest.

“I still don’t know what I am going to do in the future, and I’m going to start thinking about that after the Copa America,” he said. “The interest in me from important teams such us Liverpool, Juventus and Real Madrid makes me feel proud.

“But I feel very comfortable in Manchester, and I’m very grateful for everything I’ve experienced there.”

Liverpool co-chairman Hicks yesterday suggested the Anfield arrivals won’t stop at the imminent £17m double swoop for Ryan Babel and Yossi Benayoun as he also rubbished rumours of tension between the Spaniard and the club’s American owners.

Full Story
      Link

camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #84: Jul 12, 2007 05:13:20 pm
      I think the left back area is one that needs some attention on the right we have Steve finnan who is consistent and solid with good cover in the form of arbeloa we're solid with agger and carra in the middle but for the past four seasons we've been unsure at left back. riise seems less agile than when we signed him and his defending is suspect and is beaten very easily, aurelio has a better quality of crossing but I didn't see enough of him to see a defensive side of his game I'd rather have a left back who is better at what he is there for DEFENDING I think Rafa should choose between riise and aruelio and sell one of them (because they seem to play pretty much the same game) and bring in a solid left back or promote insua who looks quite promising   
      Davejh65
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #85: Jul 12, 2007 05:39:56 pm
      I know he's still a little young, but there is also Emiliano Insua, U20's Argentina left back, more for the future but if your good enough you old enough.

DH
      Redfish
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Reply #86: Jul 12, 2007 10:02:59 pm
      I think the deciding factor for me would be can Heinze play at the level of his first season at Man U.he was out a long time with injury and at 29yrs old its harder to get back, as last season showed.If he reaches that level its a no brainer.If Babbel is going to secure the left flank then he will need Finnan like stability behind him.I think it's pretty much agreed JAR isn't the answer.I can't pass judgment on Insua as I just have not seen him play.If he needs longer to develop then all aspect of this deal make sense.A mentor and  fellow countryman to boot.
      StevieGforce
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #87: Jul 19, 2007 10:29:26 am
      But the Red Devils boss is adamant there is no chance of Heinze becoming one of a handful of players to trade the two clubs.

"I can assure you, Liverpool will not be getting Gabriel Heinze," stated Ferguson.

Taken from SSN

Looks like this one is dead in the water.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #88: Jul 19, 2007 10:40:08 am
      Looks like this one is dead in the water.

Must be, Fergie always tells the truth doesn't he?

TBH if Heinze really wants to come to us & we want him, there's not a lot anyone can do about it. The only other option is to let him rot in the reserves at Utd, at the expense of ÂŁ6m plus his wages (don't know his contract terms) only an idiot would do so.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #89: Jul 19, 2007 06:08:27 pm
      I think fergusons been on the ale again if he thinks he can stop a player moving on!
      MartOla
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #90: Jul 20, 2007 01:34:39 am
      Fergies a nonce. Heinze can buy out his contract so I don't know what Fergies preaching there.
      greaves.joel
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #91: Jul 20, 2007 09:20:15 am
      Alex Ferguson says Heinze is not aloud to leave to anfield

Quick Reply