Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Craig Bellamy (Cardiff City)

Read 18460 times
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,730 posts |
      Craig Bellamy (Cardiff City)
      Aug 11, 2010 01:48:59 pm
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Craig Bellamy (Man City)
      Reply #1: Aug 11, 2010 01:51:29 pm
      Can you please post more than just a link to the LFC gossip column. You should be posting the article in full, and the original source. Not an Liverpool FC transfer gossip link.
      KING ROBBIE 9
      • Forum David Johnson

• 243 posts |
      Reply #2: Aug 11, 2010 01:52:05 pm
      MMMMmmm interesting...another pacey winger who creates and scores goals?? bad attitude and sulks alot?? I'm split on this if true
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #3: Aug 11, 2010 02:02:31 pm
      I would take him, but he would have to get his act together and stop being a whining little sh*t. He's a good player, but I don't think there's truth in the story.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #4: Aug 11, 2010 02:02:37 pm
      Oh, god, not this cock ring again.

If he does, let's hope he leaves his golf clubs in manchester.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,140 posts | 2776 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #5: Aug 11, 2010 02:11:59 pm
      Oh, god, not this cock ring again.

If he does, let's hope he leaves his golf clubs in manchester.

It was 3 years ago. They played together after it. Riise is long gone.

Where would be the problem in him coming back? For the right price I'd gladly snap him up and have him in my team. 
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #6: Aug 11, 2010 02:13:27 pm
      Would take him up in a flash!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,149 posts | 8540 
      Reply #7: Aug 11, 2010 02:23:20 pm
      MMMMmmm interesting...another pacey winger who creates and scores goals?? bad attitude and sulks alot?? I'm split on this if true

Never really had a bad attitude or sulked when he was here first time around.

I like him and would take him in a heartbeat, could do with another little narky c**t in the squad.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #8: Aug 11, 2010 02:28:02 pm
      Never really had a bad attitude or sulked when he was here first time around.

I like him and would take him in a heartbeat, could do with another little narky c**t in the squad.
      Spot on mate. He's a F***ing terrier. I feel the need for speed and he has plenty of it. No probs for me, if he was to come back.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #9: Aug 11, 2010 02:54:18 pm
      I was glad whe he left because it helped fund the move for Torres. But bring him back I say, I think he's improved as an all round player and is better than what we have to back up Nando.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #10: Aug 11, 2010 03:06:21 pm
      As a back up striker, absolutely.

As others have said, a narky c***, which is what you need for some games (as the likes of arsenal have discovered to there cost over the years - you cant always play nicely and win)
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #11: Aug 11, 2010 04:15:47 pm
      I don't get this use Bellamy as a back up for Torres bit.  Bellamy is an attacker but he is no striker, I'd go as far to say that I consider Ngog a better striker than Bellamy, but in no way a better footballer or attacker. Much like Pacheco, I could never see Bellamy leading an attack, being the focal point as Torres can be, you have to play Bellamy as of a pair or trio of attacking players.

Before Cole signed, then maybe, but at present I see no place for hime unless we discard one of Maxi, Babel, Aquilani, Pacheco, Jovanovic etc. 
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #12: Aug 11, 2010 04:32:05 pm
      He failed at the club the 3 or 4 years ago and now at the age of 31 I believe the same would happen again. The real issue with a move like this is the fact he is on 90k a week wages which no other club will touch.
      LFCkl
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 365 posts |
      Reply #13: Aug 11, 2010 06:08:47 pm
      Would love to have him back to be honest. He's fast, not afraid to tackle, gets stuck in, something we probably lacked last season! Would rather have him back than Crouch I think, for a reasonable price...
      jack_lfc
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts |
      Reply #14: Aug 11, 2010 07:15:28 pm
      would definitely take him back.
      imcfitz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      Reply #15: Aug 11, 2010 07:47:03 pm
      had a great season last yr, wud take him back in a heartbeat and id imagine itd be for a cut price.....
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,514 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #16: Aug 11, 2010 07:51:47 pm
      Nah.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #17: Aug 11, 2010 07:57:56 pm
      If Masch gets sold and provided the money can be invested on players,I wold definitely go for a much better striker than Bellamy but if we have financial constraints then he is the best striker we can get as he is a proven goal scorer in PL and has the pace to burn.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #18: Aug 11, 2010 08:05:32 pm
      Don't think he would be interested to be honest, he would spend to much time on the bench he was talking about going to Cardiff last night.
      steviejoe
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts |
      Reply #19: Aug 11, 2010 08:48:29 pm
      Craig Bellamy 'could make surprise Liverpool return in cut-price transfer'
      Liverpool's Roy Hodgson has emerged as the latest manager to express an interest in the transfer of out-of-favour Manchester City striker Craig Bellamy this summer.
      Craig Bellamy could be forced to leave Manchester City - but may rejoin Liverpool
      Bellamy looks certain to leave City after casting doubts on the likelihood of making the club's 25-man squad for the upcoming Premier League season.
      And Hodgson, who was a known admirer of Bellamy while Fulham manager, is keen to bring the Welshman back to Anfield just three years after he was sold by former boss Rafael Benitez.
      Bellamy, 31, is still keen to stay at City but says he feels as if he is being forced out by current manager Roberto Mancini.
      He told Sky Sports: ‘Reading between the lines how pre-season gone, it doesn’t look great for me.
      '[Mancini] has not spoken to me since February.'
      Bellamy continued: “I feel strongly I can offer something at the club but if I don’t get in the 25-man squad, I don’t know what I will do.
      "I might finish, full stop, or look at every option I get.
      "I feel I am not going to be part of it [at Manchester City]."
      Despite off-field issues surrounding Bellamy in his previous stint on Merseyside - including allegations he hit then team-mate John Arne Riise with a golfclub during an argument - he remains something of a cult hero on the Kop.
      His recent form for City has also demonstrated he has lost none of the pace that has terrorised Premier League defenders for several seasons.
      And although the news of Hodgson's interest could spark debate among Liverpool fans, he could be regarded as a much more potent back-up threat than current number two striker David Ngog.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/837671-craig-bellamy-could-make-surprise-liverpool-return-in-cut-price-transfer
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #20: Aug 11, 2010 09:00:05 pm
      Don't think he would be interested to be honest, he would spend to much time on the bench he was talking about going to Cardiff last night.
      I don't think Cardiff could pay his wages. Would love to see him back, he never slagged off the club after we got rid of him, and hes a life long Liverpool fan
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #21: Aug 11, 2010 09:36:13 pm
      Was waiting for us to be linked with him after his comments yesterday  :laugh:

At the right price he wouldn't be a bad signing for us imo.
      LFChrisLFC
      • Forum Ian St John

• 425 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #22: Aug 11, 2010 09:43:52 pm
      Was waiting for us to be linked with him after his comments yesterday  :laugh:

At the right price he wouldn't be a bad signing for us imo.

What were his comments mate?

Quick Reply