Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Craig Bellamy (Cardiff City)

Read 18337 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Craig Bellamy (Man City)
      Reply #23: Aug 11, 2010 10:44:25 pm

Something along the lines off if he is excluded from the 25 man squad for the Europa League then he will either walk away from football all together or look at options elsewhere.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #24: Aug 11, 2010 10:49:39 pm
      Suprised to see so many negative comments about him on here. Clearly people who never watched him play for Man City last few seasons and only remember the massive golf club incident (and the one newspaper it was reported in).

Take him back in an instant. 100%.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #25: Aug 11, 2010 10:57:34 pm
      Even though he's hardly a nice character I do actually feel sorry for him, he should be one of the first names in the Man City squad after last year! Instead the squad's just been jam packed with even more money grabbing over payed talent.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #26: Aug 11, 2010 11:12:26 pm
      I'm of the opinion he would most definitely improve your squad. I think City have treated him badly  :-\
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #27: Aug 11, 2010 11:22:22 pm
      Was quality at times last year but at his age no thanks
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8458 
      Reply #28: Aug 11, 2010 11:23:09 pm
      I'm of the opinion he would most definitely improve your squad. I think City have treated him badly  :-\

Especially as he has done very well for City, unfortuntely for Craig, City are trying to build a Football Manager style team that will cost billions and this is where he will not fit in as he is not a big enough name.

Still stand by the fact they will win jackshit yet again this season.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #29: Aug 12, 2010 12:27:33 am
      Was quality at times last year but at his age no thanks

At this moment in time racer its about getting in the top four if possible. Having Bellamy in the side can only enhance those chances. In the Derby games United fans gave him plenty of stick / abuse / banter... WHY? cos he was always a danger when he had the ball  ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #30: Aug 12, 2010 12:31:26 am
      With City he played behind the main striker as part of the front three and I think we have enough options in that area. We need another striker who could lead the line
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #31: Aug 12, 2010 12:33:03 am
      Big wages, 31 year old, flopped at LFC before.

No, thanks.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8458 
      Reply #32: Aug 12, 2010 12:42:16 am
      Big wages, 31 year old, flopped at LFC before.

No, thanks.

Wouldn't say he flopped, he was just unfortunate he had to be sold to fund the purchase of Torres.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #33: Aug 12, 2010 12:44:39 am
      With City he played behind the main striker as part of the front three and I think we have enough options in that area. We need another striker who could lead the line

Didn't he play on the left side of the front 3 .. more as an attacking left sided midfielder/striker?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #34: Aug 12, 2010 12:46:28 am
      Indeed he did. So would we want him or Dani on the bench? Dani for me thanks
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8458 
      Reply #35: Aug 12, 2010 01:06:49 am
      Didn't he play on the left side of the front 3 .. more as an attacking left sided midfielder/striker?

Yep and was really good there and had sky praising/arse-licking the likes of Mark Hughes for playing him there and yet this same tribute wasn't given to the manager who first tried playing him in that position.

Indeed he did. So would we want him or Dani on the bench? Dani for me thanks

Not that simple though is it, how about the numerous times Dani will be away with the Spanish U19/U21 squad.

It'd be a cheap signing to bolster our squad, seeing as we're strictly still in the doo-doo finance wise.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #36: Aug 12, 2010 01:09:55 am
      if we could afford his wages i would take him. i cant remember the source but didnt Stevie once say how he was a nice lad in the dressing room and that barring Riise players liked him?
      imcfitz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      Reply #37: Aug 12, 2010 01:15:08 am
      wud love him especially since danni doesnt have to be registered as he is under the specific age (me thinks, he may even be counted as a HG player...) one thing u cant fault bellers for is his enthusiasm and 100% dedication to the cause. id take him as long as he didnt cost anything over 6m
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #38: Aug 12, 2010 03:47:41 am
      At this moment in time racer its about getting in the top four if possible. Having Bellamy in the side can only enhance those chances. In the Derby games United fans gave him plenty of stick / abuse / banter... WHY? cos he was always a danger when he had the ball  ;)

If we managed to get him back just think how much pace we would have on tap..? hmm.. *Strokes imaginary beard*...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #39: Aug 12, 2010 04:03:46 am
      I'd love him back. We need someone who can lead the line and the best thing is he can play on the wings also, so he'll get game time if Torres stays fit.

He's quick, he's strong, he can finish, he can beat a man, he can link up with players around him, and he's cheap!

After last season when we moaned about the lack of firepower we had, i'm surprised people are turning away most of the attacking options we get linked with (some understandable). Bellamy is a great player.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #40: Aug 12, 2010 04:05:49 am
      Bellamy is a quality player , so why not .
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #41: Aug 12, 2010 04:10:06 am
      Love to have him back.

Like Huyton Red was saying he is now seen as a player who can play LW or RW but it was Rafa who first did that. I don't think he quite hit the form he could have here but i'd like to see him give it another go. Depends on the fee however.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #42: Aug 12, 2010 04:11:04 am
      In a heartbeat.
      Quality player who has bags of talent and a relentless atitude to never give in. Yes he is a little b***ard at times but you show me a greast liverpool team of the past that didn't have a big personality player in it.
      Believe that under roy and playing with torres and cole would be a fantastic venue for him
      If the price is right absolutely bring him back.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #43: Aug 12, 2010 10:08:00 am
      Yep and was really good there and had sky praising/arse-licking the likes of Mark Hughes for playing him there and yet this same tribute wasn't given to the manager who first tried playing him in that position.

Not that simple though is it, how about the numerous times Dani will be away with the Spanish U19/U21 squad.

It'd be a cheap signing to bolster our squad, seeing as we're strictly still in the doo-doo finance wise.

Dont get me wrong... If he is free then I would take him. If we are going to fork out 6-10 million on him then I cant see us getting in a striker, unless after Citeh get the ball rolling on the Inter/Masch money-go-round.

That is of course unless Roy makes Babels wish come true and plays him upfront. I just think at this stage we have enough wide players. Okay we might not have any outright wingers but we have some very good players that can play the wide forward roles.
      Maxi, Kuyt, Jovanovic, Pacheco, Babel, Amoo, Eccleston, Ince.
      If Bellamy comes in there would be no doubting his quality, but I would suggest then that Babel is moved forward or moved on
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #44: Aug 12, 2010 08:31:16 pm
      NOOOOOOOOO!!

We dont need him, and I dont want him.

Why are we looking at at 30 and 31 year old 'squad players'. If we're looking at squad players they should be young and eager, not old and childish, like Bellamy.

He doesn want to sit in the reserves at City and I cant see him getting many games with us. Let him go join his mate Hughesless.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8458 
      Reply #45: Aug 12, 2010 09:00:02 pm
      NOOOOOOOOO!!

We dont need him, and I dont want him.

Why are we looking at at 30 and 31 year old 'squad players'. If we're looking at squad players they should be young and eager, not old and childish, like Bellamy.

He doesn want to sit in the reserves at City and I cant see him getting many games with us. Let him go join his mate Hughesless.

Yeah childish like his performance in the Nou Camp!!!

It's not that he doesn't want to sit in the reserves, he knows he's not going to be named in their 25 man squad. And as for young and eager, how about inexperienced as well!

It's good to have a mix of different players within your squad.

Quick Reply