Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Craig Bellamy (Cardiff City)

Read 18486 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: Craig Bellamy (Man City)
      Reply #46: Aug 12, 2010 09:20:04 pm
      Don't see why people want him back tbh, he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo, when he was here before.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #47: Aug 12, 2010 09:22:09 pm
      I think the problem with Bellamy is possibly his wage demands...we cant afford a player on his wages who isnt an automatic first teamer. I think we know that Torres will somewhere be either on international duty or injured and will need more care and rest between vital games, and Bellamy is the ideal experienced type player to lead the line with the likes of Ngog and Pacheco when the Carling cup and FA Cup ties come around etc.

If the price is right then i think we should take him..he will add value and Premiership experience to the squad.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #48: Aug 12, 2010 09:29:25 pm
      He's a good player, and a handy one to have.

But he's a c**t that I don't want in the red shirt.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #49: Aug 12, 2010 09:57:56 pm
      He's a good player but Bellamy - well you never quite know what he's going to do! Having said that people let's stop the fussing because we need another striker and there won't be much better options than Bellamy. It's Bellamy or Bust (aka N'Gog).

I wish some would stop the whole 'he's a c**t so I don't want him'. If that's people's attitude then let's get all the nice guys in football together to play for Liverpool...only that there aren't much nice guys at the top level. Judge on football ability not personal opinion. Sorry had to get that off my chest. Really irritating and selfish viewpoint to take.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #50: Aug 12, 2010 10:36:13 pm
      I'd love him back. We need someone who can lead the line and the best thing is he can play on the wings also, so he'll get game time if Torres stays fit.

He's quick, he's strong, he can finish, he can beat a man, he can link up with players around him, and he's cheap!

After last season when we moaned about the lack of firepower we had, I'm surprised people are turning away most of the attacking options we get linked with (some understandable). Bellamy is a great player.

I was going to post, then i read this. Saved me a lot of typing that, wicked post. Bellamy is the type of player we could do with right now. One hell of an attitude, one hell of a quick lad, one hell of a temper, the heart of a lion and the fight of a warrior!. There's no slackers when he's on the pitch. Get him in.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #51: Aug 12, 2010 11:31:11 pm
      would love to have him,he gives 100% every game and is another striker.who would you rather have leading the line when torres isnt fit.....ngog or bellamy?!
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #52: Aug 13, 2010 12:28:39 am
       ^^ N'gog ^^

"Yeah childish like his performance in the Nou Camp!!!"

Oh he had A good game did he....
      Yeah childish, remember the golf club and the fact that ALL OF US  were glad to see the back of him.  Short memories you all have.
      Too aggressive and arrogant. We dont need him. He isnt good enough, and theres much better options available....Crouch would be a much better option.
      « Last Edit: Aug 13, 2010 12:37:04 am by staffletop »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #53: Aug 13, 2010 11:05:56 am
      ^^ N'gog ^^

"Yeah childish like his performance in the Nou Camp!!!"

Oh he had A good game did he....
      Yeah childish, remember the golf club and the fact that ALL OF US  were glad to see the back of him.  Short memories you all have.
      Too aggressive and arrogant. We dont need him. He isnt good enough, and theres much better options available....Crouch would be a much better option.

Bollocks, I'm sorry you are dead F***ing wrong, not every Liverpool fan wanted to see the back of him, you must of been one of the nobheads that booed him when he came back with City, why don't you F**k off to Old Trafford or Goodison, you'll fit in over there.

Me and a lot of lads I know round Huyton, who all go the game, to a man, would take Bellamy back.

The golf club incident actually formed a serious team bond when we went to the Nou Camp, Rafa even said so, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

I and a lot of Reds would see him back for exactly that reason - he is aggressive and there is nothing wrong wiith being arrogant - ask John Barnes when he first arrived at Anfield.

Or maybe instead of being arrogant, he's just honest and forthright in his opinions.

And I applauded Bellamy for giving Riise a twatting, that ginger pr**k had it coming for a while.

And that'll be the same Crouch that can't header a F***ing ball despite being seven foot tall looks like Bambi on Ice when he is running, has just cheated on his scouse bird and would probably cost more than we originally bought him for, can't see it happening can you?
      « Last Edit: Aug 13, 2010 11:34:45 am by HUYTON RED »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #54: Aug 13, 2010 11:09:25 am
      Don't see why people want him back tbh, he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo, when he was here before.

Just like Keano then?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #55: Aug 13, 2010 11:16:26 am
      I don't know if we're genuinely interested and i don't know if we can afford him or not but i'd have him back in the blink of an eye.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,385 posts | 2823 
      Reply #56: Aug 13, 2010 12:12:09 pm
      He's a good player, and a handy one to have.

But he's a c**t that I don't want in the red shirt.

What did he do so wrong in his first spell in a red shirt?

He put in decent shifts, scored some goals and was unlucky that he had to be sold to fund the purchase of Torres.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat to be honest. He's got the pace and strength I think we still lack.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #57: Aug 13, 2010 12:44:13 pm
      http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/61100/default.aspx

He's not in the 25 man squad, so will surely move.
      Or retire :).
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,999 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #58: Aug 13, 2010 12:54:02 pm
      He's a good player but Bellamy - well you never quite know what he's going to do! Having said that people let's stop the fussing because we need another striker and there won't be much better options than Bellamy. It's Bellamy or Bust (aka N'Gog).

I wish some would stop the whole 'he's a c**t so I don't want him'. If that's people's attitude then let's get all the nice guys in football together to play for Liverpool...only that there aren't much nice guys at the top level. Judge on football ability not personal opinion. Sorry had to get that off my chest. Really irritating and selfish viewpoint to take.

Fooking great post  :) +... To many taking things personal on here. Its about getting in the top 4 this season. Bellamy can help Liverpool do that instead of buying these minor players for a few million... I never like Ronaldo but give me 11 of them if it wins us the Championship...

For fook sake get real some of you lot. Its whats best for the club not that fact you like him or dislike him  :mad:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #59: Aug 13, 2010 12:59:48 pm
      Listen to the Manc, people. He's put up with Neville, Rooney, Ronaldo, Keane, Berbatov, Cantona and King c**t himself, Ferguson.

But seriously, he isn't that bad a of a bloke. Didn't he donate money to Wrexham to keep them going, or something?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #60: Aug 13, 2010 01:06:56 pm
      Don't think we could afford him to be honest, it's reported he'd have to take a 70,000 pund a week pay cut to join Celtic, mind boggling the wages he must be on at City, when you compare that to a person of Nando's quality.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,999 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #61: Aug 13, 2010 01:39:29 pm
      Listen to the Manc, people. He's put up with Neville, Rooney, Ronaldo, Keane, Berbatov, Cantona and King C**t himself, Ferguson.

But seriously, he isn't that bad a of a bloke. Didn't he donate money to Wrexham to keep them going, or something?

Nothing wrong with Rooney, Cantona, Keane, and even Neville  ;D
      notorious1985
      • Forum Ian St John

• 442 posts | 27 
      Reply #62: Aug 13, 2010 02:01:23 pm
      I would love to see Bellamy back here next season, he was one of citehs better players last season and he would be a great signing for 5 or 6 million. And if hes willing to take a 70000 pay cut to join Celtic it just shows that hes still truly passionate about the sport. Hes a much better option than Ngog at the moment and hes pace can damage any defence.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #63: Aug 13, 2010 02:30:22 pm
      I would love to see Bellamy back here next season, he was one of citehs better players last season and he would be a great signing for 5 or 6 million. And if hes willing to take a 70000 pay cut to join Celtic it just shows that hes still truly passionate about the sport. Hes a much better option than Ngog at the moment and hes pace can damage any defence.

Don't think it has been mentioned that he is willing to do so has it? Even so, it wouldn't surprise me if he did. All he wants to do is play football and he is being taken the piss off at City.
      notorious1985
      • Forum Ian St John

• 442 posts | 27 
      Reply #64: Aug 13, 2010 02:53:03 pm
      no got mixed up in quotes, celtic were only willing to offer 20000 of his 90000 wages to sign him on loan but citeh refused that. still love to see him at the club again though.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,264 posts | 2825 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #65: Aug 13, 2010 06:42:35 pm
      Free to leave hes not in there 25 man squad
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,999 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #66: Aug 13, 2010 09:05:37 pm
      Free to leave hes not in there 25 man squad

All though not liked by many United fans,I'd have him at Old Trafford.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #67: Aug 13, 2010 11:47:12 pm
      Yeh but hes too good for United.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #68: Aug 14, 2010 12:00:34 am