Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Christian Poulsen (Liverpool -> Evian)

Read 91545 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Christian Poulsen Player Thread
      Reply #759: Jul 08, 2011 03:31:29 pm
      Apparently he is still unclear if he has a future at the club.

Let me make it clearer for you Christian. F**k off, you're sh*t!  >:D
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #760: Jul 08, 2011 04:02:36 pm
      Apparently he is still unclear if he has a future at the club.

Let me make it clearer for you Christian. F**k off, you're sh*t!  >:D

Yea, I know how you feel, but don't you think you a bit too harsh on him.

At the end of the day, it's Woy who brought him here.

What makes me really sick, is the fact that if nobody wants him, then he'll be collecting a pay cheque every month, for doing sweet F**k all.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #761: Jul 08, 2011 04:10:29 pm
      Yea, I know how you feel, but don't you think you a bit too harsh on him.

Fair enough.

F**k off, you're crap!  >:D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #762: Jul 08, 2011 04:15:37 pm
      If that's true and he isn't convinced about what qualifies LFC's standards he is definitely at the wrong club, beside which he is lying to himself if he thinks he is anywhere near the mark.  
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #763: Jul 08, 2011 04:56:09 pm
      I don't like to see any Liverpool player getting abused, so I won't be joining in with all that. I don't think he IS actually good enough though to tell the truth, he would have been earlier in his career but he looks like his legs have well and truly gone now. Shame really because he has obviously been a good player and a good pro in his time/prime.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #764: Jul 08, 2011 05:08:16 pm
      ....and once again how did he get here?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #765: Jul 08, 2011 08:29:34 pm
      I'm assuming the 'clean slate for all' sentiment doesn't spread as far as Christian  :D

I agree with bigmick though, I'm not going to have a go at the lad for being crap, that's not his fault. A manager not seeing that he's sh*t is the problem.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #766: Jul 08, 2011 08:31:56 pm
      ....and once again how did he get here?

He was signed by an incompetent manager unfortunately. Even more unfortunately, he's far from being on his own in our squad.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #767: Jul 08, 2011 11:15:57 pm
      Let's be honest here, who the F**k is going to be stupid enough to buy this heap of sh*t!?. Where's that Owl gone?. West Brom to snap him up maybe?.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #768: Jul 08, 2011 11:17:26 pm
      Let's be honest here, who the f**k is going to be stupid enough to buy this heap of sh*t!?. Where's that Owl gone?. West Brom to snap him up maybe?.

Should of made it a condition of the owl being paid in full when he was released to sign him and Konchesky up should he land another job.
      Ingo
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      • Brazilian by birth, Scouser by choice :)
      Reply #769: Jul 08, 2011 11:38:33 pm
      I was reading the first 20 pages of this this thread and it's quite entertaining to see everyone bashing him and wishing he would leave.

I'm glad I probably won't need to ever see him in a Liverpool again.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #770: Jul 08, 2011 11:39:59 pm
      Everyone gets a clean slate for me who ever Kenny retains, even the devil incarnate.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #771: Jul 08, 2011 11:40:46 pm
      Everyone gets a clean slate for me who ever Kenny retains, even the devil incarnate.
      He can stay for me. Wonder what he's like at making pies?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #772: Jul 08, 2011 11:45:00 pm
      He can stay for me. Wonder what he's like at making pies?

Would you eat anything from a man who can't even excel in his chosen profession, doesn't bode too well. ;D
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #773: Jul 09, 2011 12:35:56 am
      Only thing I would say is this...sometimes we make him out to be some terrible blight on our team....he got an offer to come to Anfield and any of us in his position would have done the same. Every interview or thing I have read about him point him being a decent person and get's along with all of his team mates and the staff.
      This was one of those things that never should of happened however I will not hold it against the man.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #774: Jul 09, 2011 01:12:30 am
      Only thing I would say is this...sometimes we make him out to be some terrible blight on our team....he got an offer to come to Anfield and any of us in his position would have done the same. Every interview or thing I have read about him point him being a decent person and get's along with all of his team mates and the staff.
      This was one of those things that never should of happened however I will not hold it against the man.

Precisely. He isn't even anywhere near as bad a player as people make out either. Not up to it for us, but nowhere near as bad as the masses claim. At least you can see that he was a good player at some stage, unlike for example Jovanovic who was never ever good enough at any time in his life.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #775: Jul 09, 2011 01:18:43 am
      Precisely. He isn't even anywhere near as bad a player as people make out either. Not up to it for us, but nowhere near as bad as the masses claim. At least you can see that he was a good player at some stage, unlike for example Jovanovic who was never ever good enough at any time in his life.

Although good enough to score past a very good German keeper during the World Cup.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #776: Jul 13, 2011 05:08:27 pm
      Precisely. He isn't even anywhere near as bad a player as people make out either. Not up to it for us, but nowhere near as bad as the masses claim.

I agree. He is worse. ;)

At least you can see that he was a good player at some stage, unlike for example Jovanovic who was never ever good enough at any time in his life.

Jova was better for Liege than Poulsen was for Juve.

Grabbed himself a goal today did Poulsen the lad.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #777: Jul 17, 2011 12:23:29 am
      He has not said anything to warrant such such aggressive negative comments from many on this forum.
      He wanted to come to our club because he rightly believed it was a huge honour to be wanted here.
      He has done nothing wrong ON PURPOSE on the pitch.
      He was signed by a poor manager who had no idea just how out of touch and out of his depth he was with the fans.
      Poulson has had a hugely successful career for a players who excelled in doing the basics well.

Ok, he isn't your favourite player.
      Ok he gets paid more than you think he should.
      Ok, he hasn't been even remotely successful or had much of a positive impact on the team...

BUT he is still a decent fella.

Ok, say that you don't rate him.
      Say you prefer someone else.
      Say that you wish he could be sold to give opportunities to the younger players or to make room for a new signing who you believe would be better suited at our club.

Fine with all of that.

But i reckon that being Liverpool fans and part of a family that stretches back over a century and has seen many many great players, teams and triumphs and also some deeply tragic moments, the one thing that set us apart from all other clubs is that we were better than them in many ways.
      Not just in purely footballing terms but mostly in our class, our respect for fellow reds be they player, staff or fan.

I think many people need to remember what we stood for and what we still at our core do today.
      We aren't United, Chelsea, Real or Arsenal for many reasons. Because we are better than them and have a deep rooted knowledge and love of what football is really about.

So...just for a moment...next time you post about a player of ours...try to remember that they are a Red no matter what as are you.

Sorry if that was a tad preachy....really wasn't meant to be...just get tired of posters being so unpleasant towards a player that in the street you'd smile at, ask for an autograph and extend a hand.

We are classy after all aren't we?
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #778: Jul 17, 2011 12:46:51 am
      Nice man,shame about the talent,West Brom the ideal club.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #779: Jul 17, 2011 01:07:06 am
      I think he actually is very talented indeed...or should i say was.
      You don't play for Juve and captain Denmark unless you are a pretty good player.
      Just not the right player or the right time for our club.

I actually really hope he proves everyone wrong, impresses Kenny and us all and delivers.
      I never want to see a Liverpool player fail. Because i love this club.

If he leaves then so be it but he has done nothing to bring about the unpleasant comments of many on this forum.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #780: Jul 18, 2011 12:27:53 pm
      He has not said anything to warrant such such aggressive negative comments from many on this forum.
      He wanted to come to our club because he rightly believed it was a huge honour to be wanted here.
      He has done nothing wrong ON PURPOSE on the pitch.
      He was signed by a poor manager who had no idea just how out of touch and out of his depth he was with the fans.
      Poulson has had a hugely successful career for a players who excelled in doing the basics well.

Ok, he isn't your favourite player.
      Ok he gets paid more than you think he should.
      Ok, he hasn't been even remotely successful or had much of a positive impact on the team...

BUT he is still a decent fella.

Ok, say that you don't rate him.
      Say you prefer someone else.
      Say that you wish he could be sold to give opportunities to the younger players or to make room for a new signing who you believe would be better suited at our club.

Fine with all of that.

But i reckon that being Liverpool fans and part of a family that stretches back over a century and has seen many many great players, teams and triumphs and also some deeply tragic moments, the one thing that set us apart from all other clubs is that we were better than them in many ways.
      Not just in purely footballing terms but mostly in our class, our respect for fellow reds be they player, staff or fan.

I think many people need to remember what we stood for and what we still at our core do today.
      We aren't United, Chelsea, Real or Arsenal for many reasons. Because we are better than them and have a deep rooted knowledge and love of what football is really about.

So...just for a moment...next time you post about a player of ours...try to remember that they are a Red no matter what as are you.

Sorry if that was a tad preachy....really wasn't meant to be...just get tired of posters being so unpleasant towards a player that in the street you'd smile at, ask for an autograph and extend a hand.

We are classy after all aren't we?

Totally agree.

I don't want to see Poulsen play for us ever again, but he's never been anything but respectful towards us and our club, and for that he deserves to be treated in a way we should be proud to call 'The Liverpool Way'.

Let's show a bit of class.
      PaulHitchinRed
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #781: Jul 18, 2011 12:33:28 pm
      Pouslon has been nothing but respectful & hardworking for us, it really is not on that such horrors are aimed at him. He is a great bloke that just isn't in the best of form.

Quick Reply