Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Christian Poulsen (Liverpool -> Evian)

Read 91968 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Re: Christian Poulsen Player Thread
      Reply #782: Jul 18, 2011 04:07:44 pm
           ^     ^     ^
          Fair play to you mate and welcome to the forum.
      Entirely agree with you give the lad his due he has refused to enter in to a slanging match and been totally respecful and dignified throughout in spite of the deluge of criticism aimed at him, unlike some former ne'er do wells he has shown some refinement and refused to respond.
      I and many others have stated he is not LFC material which is fair comment but statements about the lad personally are out of order.    
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #783: Jul 18, 2011 04:13:44 pm
       Totally agree. If everyone stands off him he distributes it lovely and is an excellent player. If they don't move the ball around too fast he reads it great and will be a superb defensive midfielder. His quality is STILL really obvious, it's just unfortunate that it is equally obvious his legs have gone. He's a poor signing, NOT a poor player, and some of the "fans" should really have a long hard look at themselves. Unfortunately for him he's tarnished because Hodgson signed him and managed him previously.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #784: Jul 18, 2011 04:20:13 pm
      Totally agree. If everyone stands off him he distributes it lovely and is an excellent player. If they don't move the ball around too fast he reads it great and will be a superb defensive midfielder. His quality is STILL really obvious, it's just unfortunate that it is equally obvious his legs have gone. He's a poor signing, NOT a poor player, and some of the "fans" should really have a long hard look at themselves. Unfortunately for him he's tarnished because Hodgson signed him and managed him previously.

People in glass houses really shouldn't throw stones.  Amazing how you can see this for a player like Poulsen but not for other players.  For what little it's worth, I agree with you.  I'm sick to death of fans abusing our players and even moreso if they're younger, what's worse is preaching to others that it's unacceptable but doing it yourself.  I may be a c**t but at least I'm not a hypocrite.

On topic though, wish him the best of luck wherever he goes or if he stays here I could see him being useful for a few games per season.
      Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #785: Jul 31, 2011 10:58:15 am
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #786: Jul 31, 2011 03:03:31 pm

Think it was Also who said it, but you wouldn't expect to see that kind of defending at Sunday League level, never mind professional football. This lad is meant to be experienced good player, capped so many times by his country and also captain. In all honesty, I think that almost offends Denmark.
      Think it was Also who said it, but you wouldn't expect to see that kind of defending at Sunday League level, never mind professional football. This lad is meant to be experienced good player, capped so many times by his country and also captain. In all honesty, I think that almost offends Denmark.

Maybe that was a tad harsh. He does try, he just isn't very good. ;D
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #787: Jul 31, 2011 03:09:49 pm
      Can we just lock this thread and pretend he doesn't exist at this club?

Pouslon has been nothing but respectful & hardworking for us, it really is not on that such horrors are aimed at him. He is a great bloke that just isn't in the best of form.

Welcome to the forum Christian.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #788: Jul 31, 2011 03:31:47 pm
      Actually his point is a good one, got nothing agianst Christian, just isn't good enough for us.
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #789: Jul 31, 2011 07:05:31 pm
      Actually his point is a good one, got nothing agianst Christian, just isn't good enough for us.

Twas a joke, he's sh*te but that's about it.
      Beth♥TrueRed
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts |
      • Walk on, with hope in your heart ♥ And YNWA ♥
      Reply #790: Aug 01, 2011 12:18:02 pm
      Why doesn't Roy want Poulsen in his team now???
      He left him to us.. Thank you Roy  :f_steam:
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #791: Aug 01, 2011 04:15:12 pm
      Why doesn't Roy want Poulsen in his team now???
      He left him to us.. Thank you Roy  :f_steam:
      Well said (positive for you). :mad:
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #792: Aug 01, 2011 05:52:39 pm
      We're gonna get hammered tonight without this lad in the team.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #793: Aug 02, 2011 01:53:43 am

Just seen this now.

You sir are a complete whopper.

Dead set.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #794: Aug 02, 2011 02:35:18 am
      To be fair to him, he's looked much better under Kenny than he did under Roy but what I've noticed is that he usually puts his teammates under alot of pressure with sloppy balls and passes in dangerous areas.

Remember seeing how it was his mistake for Denmark that led to Cameroon's goal as well.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #795: Aug 02, 2011 03:32:25 am
      I would agree that the criticism of Christian has been way over the top and it's really poor that some of it has gone to personal levels. Sure he isn't good enough for Liverpool. A good few years he would have been but he just isn't the player that he was and he was a good player in the past believe it or not. He's done nothing to warrant such criticisms. Other players such as Konchesky (or more strictly Konchesky's mum) have bitten back. David N'Gog has said F**k off to an innocent fan once but Christian has kept his mouth shut.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #796: Aug 02, 2011 12:48:15 pm
      He was shocking at Juventus where it was clear to anyone that watched him with half a brain his legs were gone. Sadly we had Scandanavia must successful manager who rated him as one of the ten top players to watch at the World Cup. That article surely sent alarm bells ringing around even among the people that thought Hodgson was a good appointment
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #797: Aug 02, 2011 10:00:15 pm
      Quite amazing that there is a certain few posting almost daily in the Aquilani thread saying how he is'nt good enough and he should go etc etc etc...

Now unless they rate Poulsen, you would think they would be campaigning for us to flog him before Aqua.

No agenda or nothing though is there??

Honestly!
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #798: Aug 02, 2011 10:08:39 pm
      Quite amazing that there is a certain few posting almost daily in the Aquilani thread saying how he is'nt good enough and he should go etc etc etc...

Now unless they rate Poulsen, you would think they would be campaigning for us to flog him before Aqua.

No agenda or nothing though is there??

Honestly!
      I try my best not to think about him , but your"e right i"ve spent enough time giving out about Ngog now it"s Poultry"s turn the headless chicken .
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #799: Aug 02, 2011 10:08:59 pm
      Think the difference is MOST people think Poulsen is sh*te.
      There isn't the divide, kinda down the middle (ish), were you've two fairly passionate camps on both sides batting for/against the player.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #800: Aug 02, 2011 10:14:03 pm
      Yeah good point actually.

Anyway, Poulsen should be played in the hole just behind the strikers this season, he's been wasted so far and could be, if played in an attacking role, a pivotel player in our title charge.

Flap, oink, flap oink,.....
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts |
      Reply #801: Aug 09, 2011 05:37:17 am
      Poulsen ready to fight

Denmark international ready to battle for his place at Anfield

Last Updated: August 8, 2011 10:11pm

Christian Poulsen has dismissed speculation that he will leave Liverpool and insists he sees his future at the club.

Kenny Dalglish has increased his midfield options with the signing of Charlie Adam and Jordan Henderson this summer.

These new recruits will augment a squad already bulging with midfielders in Lucas, Steven Gerrard and Jay Spearing.

Indeed, Dalglish's transfer business has prompted talk that the Denmark international would be sacrificed to balance the books.

But the 30-year-old, who has two years left on his contract, is in no hurry to leave Anfield.

"I have been really happy and I want to play, that's my goal for the future," Poulsen said.

"I am happy there with my family, it's a good club and they treat me really well. I hope I can change my situation and play more.

"I haven't heard anything from Liverpool; I am trying to be fit for the new season. So I think they want me at the club and I am happy to be there and unless they tell me something different, I am a Liverpool player for the coming season."

SkySports

Oh no. C'mon, is there anybody tell him he's not good enough for us anymore and just leave us be  :mad:
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #802: Aug 09, 2011 06:07:36 pm
      Yeah good point actually.

Anyway, Poulsen should be played in the hole just behind the strikers this season, he's been wasted so far and could be, if played in an attacking role, a pivotel player in our title charge.

Flap, oink, flap oink,.....

Nice one...hehehehee!!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #803: Aug 09, 2011 06:09:03 pm
      Easy to understand why he wants to stay the F***ing ridiculous wages Purslow and Hodgson sanctioned for him
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #804: Aug 09, 2011 06:17:52 pm
      Poulsen ready to fight

But the 30-year-old, who has two years left on his contract, is in no hurry to leave Anfield.

"I have been really happy and I want to play, that's my goal for the future," Poulsen said.

"I am happy there with my family, it's a good club and they treat me really well. I hope I can change my situation and play more.

"I haven't heard anything from Liverpool; I am trying to be fit for the new season. So I think they want me at the club and I am happy to be there and unless they tell me something different, I am a Liverpool player for the coming season."

SkySports

Oh c'mon, can't you just f**k right off, Poulsen. This is now really getting to me.

Quick Reply