Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Daniel Pacheco (Liverpool -> AD Alcorcon)

Read 264391 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: Daniel Pacheco - the Kid from Barca
      Reply #69: Aug 06, 2008 12:41:20 am
      His through balls are amazing for someone so young and someone who plays as a forward. I'm sure he can be a very very good and important player for us in the near future.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,692 posts | 3711 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #70: Aug 06, 2008 09:30:48 pm
      in saying that I do think he should be a bit more selfish at times because there has been occassions whhen he has passed instead of shoot but he is still very young and that will come as he develops.
      I said that he love to pass. ^^^but i think he is better to pass 'cos there are many young good players but the want to show off and never pass a ball but like you said he needs to shoot more.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #71: Sep 17, 2008 01:44:16 pm
          In his first in-depth interview since joining the club last summer, promising striker Daniel Pacheco talks about life in Liverpool, football politics and tonight's reserve clash in Sunderland.
      Watch the full interview now>>

When he signed for the club at the tender age of 16, Pacheco already had something of a reputation to live up to.

The Spanish starlet had been scoring freely for Barcelona's youth teams and soon found himself with the heavy tag of 'teenage prodigy'.

Pacheco cut his teeth at the junior section of his hometown club, Malaga, but soon made the long trip north to continue his progression under the coaches at the Camp Nou.

Despite being only 15-years-old at the time, Pacheco shot to prominence in Barcelona's under-18 team, and his clinical finishing earned soon led to him being nicknamed 'The Killer'.

He may only be 5ft 6ins tall, but the stylish striker can hold his own against defenders who are much stronger than him. His excellent ball skills and ability to ghost past the opposition have even led some pundits to liken Pacheco to Brazilian star Romario. No pressure then.

After joining the first team squad for their pre-season training camp in Switzerland and taking a starring role in many warm-up matches, Pacheco is now chomping at the bit for more action alongside the likes of Jamie Carragher, Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres.

The affable youngster certainly hasn't let all the hype go to his head and is focused on progressing under Gary Ablett in the reserve team squad this season. In his first in-depth interview with Liverpoolfc.tv, Pacheco admits his ultimate goal at Anfield is to become a regular first team player at Anfield.

This is your second season in English football, how are you finding life in Liverpool?

I am very happy with Liverpool, with the club and with the city. And I am also happy with all of my friends from inside and outside the club.

Which players have helped you the most?

The Spanish players have helped me a lot in the reserve team. Alvaro Arbeloa has also helped me a lot. He always talks to me after every training session and every match.

Does it help you that the manager is Spanish?

It is easy for me because the reserve team coach Angel Vales and the manager speak Spanish, so it makes things a lot better for all the young Spanish players.

How different is your life here to what you had in Spain?

It is very different. I think it's a lot more professional how things are done here. I feel very much a part of things now and it's my second season at the club. In Spain we used to train in the afternoons and study in the mornings but here we train in the mornings instead - that is one big difference. It's been a big step, but it's something that I wanted and I'm very happy as a result of making that step.

Is it difficult being away from your friends and family?

No, it is something I am used to because I left Malaga at the age of 12 and travelled over 1000km up to Barcelona, and that's where I started to learn more. But even back in Malaga, I spent a lot of time out on the street learning the game and playing from a very early age, so I'm used to being out and about really.

Who is your inspiration?

My brother. He always helped me a lot in life and I learnt how to play football with him. When he was playing in Malaga, he had an opportunity to play for the reserve team, but the manager said that if I went to Barcelona my brother would have to leave the club too. I will never forget that.

That must have been very hard for you, to be involved in such politics at such a young age?

Yes, it was. He had to leave and, though he still plays football, it's not at the same level. It wasn't a nice experience.

Does your brother still help you now?

Yes he does, he is always helping me.

Is the football here different to in Spain?

Everybody knows it is quicker here. There is more intensity and a higher tempo. But I like these things, I wanted to come and play in England for Liverpool and I am happy with the differences.

How do you think you have played since you've been here?

I think that the first year was a bit tough for me, I was coming into a totally different style of football and playing with players who were probably a bit more experienced than me. It takes time to settle into the football in this country, but I think this year I am starting the see the benefit of that experience and I think things are getting better all the time.

What was it like being in Switzerland with the first team for the pre-season training camp during the summer?

It was a fantastic opportunity for me to travel to Switzerland with the first team. I was on my holidays back home in Malaga at the time I found out that I would be going. It was a real surprise to me because I didn't think I would get the chance to go there. But everyone said I should make use of it and make sure I enjoy it, and that's what I did. I used it as a real chance to learn alongside the top professionals at the club. It was great.

What was it like training as well as playing with Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher? How much did they help you?

To tell you the truth, it was really something that I couldn't wait for. I think it's very important to play alongside someone like Stevie, who is one of the best players in the world. It's a real thrill when he gives me the odd bit of advice. Similarly with Jamie, he is also a top player and has really helped me a lot with his experience. I think it has been very good for me to play with them.

Are you aware of how much you have impressed the Liverpool fans over the summer?

I think I have noticed the slight things when people have made comments in the street or as I am leaving Melwood. I am aware that things have gone well, but I haven't achieved anything yet so I know that I've got to carry on working hard in the team I am in at the moment. I have to grab the opportunities when they come along and make the most of them when they do.

How different is it to be back in the reserves as opposed to being in the first team over the summer?

It's something that I have to remember and certainly Rafa and Angel have both underlined this when they have spoken to me. Quite often you get players who make that leap up from the reserves to the first team and maybe take their foot off the gas a little bit. But that is certainly not something I am going to do - I want to work even harder and if I didn't do that then it would be showing a lack of respect to my team-mates and the reserves. Everyone is working hard to get a chance in the first team, so it's all about not relaxing for one minute.

How desperate are you for more first team football?

I think that is the goal for any reserve team player. But as I said before, the only way to really achieve that is to carry on working hard in this team that I am in at the moment.

Do you think you are ready for the Premier League?

That's not for me to say, I think the coaching staff should make that call. But I certainly feel confident in my capabilities and I think I can do it. Maybe I just need to get used to the tempo, build up my strength and get a little bit more experience. After that, who knows?

As a striker, how much can you learn from Fernando Torres?

You can't put a limit on how much you can learn from Fernando - I think it's endless. You can't take your eyes off him in training, it's great to just watch him intently. He is an idol for everyone back home in Spain. Everyone loves him there and he is a real player for the people. On top of all that he is a great guy too, so it is just a case of learning as much as possible from him.

What is your long-term dream at Liverpool?

My dream is to be a part of the first team for many years and that is what I am working towards.

It was a good start of the season for you against Middlesbrough in the reserves, are the players happy with their performances?

We were quite happy with getting the first win of the season under our belts. It was a reasonably tough game and it was made more difficult by the bad weather conditions - it really poured down. We've got a lot of new faces in the side, so hopefully we can put in some good performances in the league and add to that 4-0 victory.

How much has Gary Ablett helped you?

He has been doing a very good job. I think it is very difficult for him because he has so many players from different parts of the world, but he knows how to handle that. He treats every player very well. Obviously it's not just the language barrier he might have with players, but also I think that people who come from different parts of the world can be very different and he manages to deal with that very well too. He is a great person and a great manager - things are going very well.

Finally, it was a great season for the reserves last year, do the players think they are unbeatable now?

I wouldn't go that far. We have a young side and there have been a lot of changes. I think that if we go in with the right mindset and the right attitude, take things game by game rather than looking too far ahead and just try and get the three points on a week by week basis, then hopefully we'll be alright.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #72: Sep 17, 2008 10:20:48 pm
      Hopefully he might get a game against Crewe
      L23 REDMAN
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      • EL NINO NO.9
      Reply #73: Sep 18, 2008 10:26:00 am
      Hopefully he might get a game against Crewe
      Totally agree with you, give the young lad a taste of the real thing. Having followed his progress since he joined us I have been nothing but impressed with the little spanish wizard. Crewe would be an ideal baptism for him.
      He performed well in the pre-season games and should be given his chance.
      I also think that these early Carling Cup rounds would be ideal games to test Nemeth, another great future star.

Bring on the Red apprentice heros !!!!!!
      torres009
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #74: Sep 18, 2008 12:44:12 pm
      I hope rafa gives this kid a chance he suppose to be a wonder kid what i'v seen of him he looks good.
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #75: Sep 18, 2008 05:06:24 pm
      This kid is fantastic!!!

He is a great striker, I think that Rafa must gives a chance.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #76: Oct 15, 2008 10:43:39 am
      Liverpoolfc.tv

PACHECO: WHY I LEFT BARCELONA

Quote from: Liverpoolfc.tv
      Daniel Pacheco has lifted the lid on his decision to leave Barcelona for a life on Merseyside.

The 17-year-old jumped at the chance to swap the Nou Camp for Anfield in July 2007, and in an exclusive interview with Liverpoolfc.tv he revealed how many Spanish youngsters now felt they could progress better in England.

"It's a similar situation to the likes of Cesc Fabregas," said Pacheco. "Some Spanish clubs bring players in from South America then don't pay as much attention to the homegrown players.

"It was about two years ago at Barcelona that my agent told me (LFC chief scout) Eduardo Marcia was coming to watch me. I didn't know much about him other than he was from Liverpool. Obviously I was a little bit nervous but I preferred to know because then there was no chance of me relaxing in the game.

"We won 4-1 against Espanyol and I scored a hat-trick - one penalty and another two.

"Barcelona was a fantastic place for me but it was an easy decision to come to Liverpool. I'd been there four years and my girlfriend was there but I wanted to come to England.

"I played every week at Barcelona but the problem was with the contract. The club kept saying I'd get a contract but I never saw it."

Despite arriving in 2007, Pacheco remained off the radar to many Liverpool fans until his starring role in pre-season when his performances earned the high praise of first-teamers like Dirk Kuyt.

The teenager added: "I was in Malaga and was expecting to just come back on July 2. But then the club rang me in June and said I had to be back earlier to start with the first team. I was surprised but of course it made me feel very good.

"You always learn a lot in every session with the first team. They are massive players but they always help you and give you advice.

"In pre-season a lot of the Spanish players were away so I was spending time with Yossi Benayoun, Fabio Aurelio and Javier Mascherano. Everyone really, but these three speak Spanish.

"Yossi knows I like to play like him. He always tells me that I'm a good player and that when I have time I can run and take players on. But he tells me that when there is no time and opposition players are close I must pass and move."

Now back in the reserves, Pacheco is feeling the benefit of his time with Benayoun and the other senior players.

"Now I feel I am a good player for the reserves," he said. "Players are now looking for me as the first attacking player. I feel like I am making progress.

"I know I have to work hard in the reserves because this is my team. If I want to get into the first team I must first play for the reserves. Last season I had just two or three starts but now I am playing all the games
      ."

I've seen him once, that was when I went down to Tranmere for the pre season friendly, I thought he was OK, but he was a diving little sod, which put me off a bit.

Dispite all of that he did show a few good touches and passes.  One for the future?  We'll see...
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #77: Oct 15, 2008 11:41:06 am
      Liverpoolfc.tv

PACHECO: WHY I LEFT BARCELONA

but he was a diving little sod, which put me off a bit.

Don't worry about it, he's in Liverpool now, they will teach him to stop that. At Barcelona he was taught how to dive. ;)
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #78: Oct 17, 2008 11:26:43 pm
      Iv only seen this lad play once in pre season and he does look sharp. Id love if Rafa was a bit like Wenger and give these promising young players a chance. Surely he will be on the subs bench against Wigan with Torres and Babbel out injured.
      pauLFC4life
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -2 
      • The LFC Love Flows Forever
      Reply #79: Oct 19, 2008 12:38:52 am
      Like the look of him and hope rafa brings him up correctly and he has lots of potential
      « Last Edit: Oct 19, 2008 12:40:08 am by JD »
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #80: Oct 19, 2008 02:09:36 am
      I think he's really small sized but that doesn't matter if he has pace and good with the ball.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #81: Oct 19, 2008 02:10:56 am
      I think he's really small sized but that doesn't matter if he has pace and good with the ball.

I dont think it really matters to be honest, owen was'nt exactly the biggest of players but he made up for it with his pace
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #82: Oct 19, 2008 03:12:54 am
      I think he will need to 'bulk up' much like Insua and El Zhar have, im not worried about him though i know 100% he has the talent to do huge things in the game.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #83: Oct 19, 2008 03:30:03 am
      He's only 17 so he has plenty of time to bulk up. I cant wait for him to get playing for the 1st team though because he looks a real talent!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #84: Oct 19, 2008 03:35:19 am
      Along with Nemeth ... Pacheco, Spearing and El Zhar have the ability to break in to the first team and become heroes.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #85: Oct 19, 2008 11:48:43 am
      What would really get everyone (not just from Liverpool but others around england) talking is that if we won the Carling Cup using all these youngsters. That would be really cool.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #86: Oct 19, 2008 11:59:28 am
      Well, he can learn alot from the many players there especially those from Spain. I can't wait to see the next product of the academy. Stevie seems to be the last one :( If Owen had stayed, it'd be impressive, he, Carra and Stevie, REDS through and through and would be a fairytale if they can win a trophy together.
      Zykiel
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Reply #87: Jan 31, 2009 06:52:12 am
      Rafa won't give these kids a chance .. he'd rather stick with dirk on the right :mad:
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #88: Jan 31, 2009 10:59:34 am
      Rafa won't give these kids a chance .. he'd rather stick with dirk on the right :mad:

Wait and see you may well be very suprised,there are some good kids in the reserves not just danny.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #89: Jan 31, 2009 01:21:44 pm
      His ball to Ngog the other night was pure class. His vision is brilliant. Ngog should've buried it but chose to handball it. The week before he played another awesome ball to Ngog which he chipped over the keeper. He always stands out in reserve games.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #90: Jan 31, 2009 02:26:52 pm

Kuyt has been good this season. He is the least of our worries. Im happy for him to hold his place
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #91: Jun 03, 2009 08:19:19 pm
      He's shining in Holland;

PACHECO SHINES IN HOLLAND

Daniel Pacheco was in impressive form as Liverpool Reserves reached the quarter-final of the International Cor Groenewegen Tournament in Holland.
      The Spanish striker scored five goals including one sensational Xabi Alonso-esque effort from the halfway line against Danish side FC Copenhagen.

Included in Gary Ablett's squad for the tournament were Youth Cup starlets Lauri Dalle Valle, David Amoo, Thomas Ince and Alex Kacaniklic.

In their first game a young Reds team beat AZ Alkmaar 4-0 with Pacheco (2), Dalle Valle and Icelandic midfielder Victor Palsson on target.

Dalle Valle was again on target in the second game but Portugese outfit Belenenses edged it 2-1.

Pacheco then scored from inside his own half in a 2-0 win over FC Copenhagen, which also featured a goal from Swedish winger Alex Kacaniklic.

A 2-0 defeat to FC Utrecht then followed before Pacheco scored a brilliant free-kick in a 1-1 draw with FC Twente.

The former Barcelona ace was again on target as the Reds beat Vitesse Arnhem 1-0 in their final game but it wasn't enough to make the semi-final.

.tv Link.

Quick Reply