Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Daniel Pacheco (Liverpool -> AD Alcorcon)

Read 265776 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Daniel Pacheco - the Kid from Barca
      Reply #92: Jun 03, 2009 08:20:20 pm
      Wow, they are looking very convincing.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #93: Jun 03, 2009 10:49:05 pm
      really would love to see this kid breakthrough the 1st team next season
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #94: Jun 04, 2009 06:56:21 am
      really would love to see this kid breakthrough the 1st team next season

I rather give him 3 more years in the reserve team.. Breaking through at Liverpool isn't that easy, especially when we have Torres up front all the more it makes it difficult for him to have a breakthrough.

Fingers crossed though I really hope he gets a decent run on the bench and a few sub appearances at the very least, which would serve him well as well as do him a whole lot of good as well as motivate and inspire him to be a better player.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #95: Jun 04, 2009 06:59:15 am
      Pacheco then scored from inside his own half in a 2-0 win over FC Copenhagen

Sell Alonso we've got his replacement.

F**k, wrong thread. ;)

Seriously, glad to hear he's having a cracking tournament, let's hope he's catching Rafa's eye too.
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #96: Jun 04, 2009 08:05:32 am
      This lad looks good in the clips posted here! The thing is he should  prove himself at Anfield.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #97: Jun 04, 2009 10:45:35 am
      Kid keeps getting better it seems :) good to hear
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #98: Jun 04, 2009 10:53:01 am
      I think we may see a fair bit of him onthe bench this year and get a few run outs in the lesser comps. I like this kid , but when a chance comes hes got to catch the eye . Not doing a bad job of that over in Holland.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #99: Jun 04, 2009 11:59:08 am
      Improves everytime one hears or sees him deffo one for the future.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #100: Jun 04, 2009 02:49:12 pm
      I rather give him 3 more years in the reserve team.. Breaking through at Liverpool isn't that easy....

Fingers crossed though I really hope he gets a decent run on the bench and a few sub appearances at the very least.

Ain't that a bit like making a breakthrough?  ???

Anyway; "if you're good enough, you're old enough" - simple as. Give him a decent enough chance and, i believe, he'll prove he's old enough.  ;)
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #101: Jul 01, 2009 07:40:20 pm
      from Sky Sports

The scout reports...Posted Wed July 01 2009 08:13 PM

Liverpool forward Dani Pacheco is tipped for a big future in the game after catching the eye at Anfield.

The Reds snapped up the talented forward from Spanish giants Barcelona in 2007 much to the dismay of the Spanish giants.

Pacheco caught the eye during last season's pre-season and his skills have made him a big fan among the Liverpool supporters.

The 18-year-old is a regular in Liverpool's reserves and he is expected to feature more in the first-team next season.

A clever forward, Pacheco makes up for his lack of height and power with a superb touch and eye for goal.

Pacheco is more than just a goalscorer as he is also a creator of goals with his vision and awareness.

The scout says...

If he continues to progress Pacheco could find himself playing a more prominent role in the Liverpool first-team next season.

Pacheco is earning himself a big reputation in the reserves and the Spaniard is certainly one to keep an eye on.

The Scout rating...

Shooting: 8 out of 10

Passing: 9 out of 10

Tackling: 5 out of 10

Heading: 6 out of 10

Pace: 7 out of 10

Vision: 9 out of 10

Current ability: 7 out of 10

Potential ability: 9 out of 10

OVERALL SCOUT RATING: 60/80

Current value: £2million

Potential value: £15million

http://liverpoolfc.co.za/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1126051643/m/333108923        =  Liverpool south african supporters forum
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #102: Jul 01, 2009 08:32:45 pm
      Quality player and I really hope he makes a breakthrough this season.

I think he can improve on his strength and also improve on his finishing. I think he could be a bit more cool in front of goal.

Definitely a decent little player with a good footballing brain on him though. Some of his movement off the ball is class. And he seems to have the right attitude.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #103: Jul 01, 2009 08:53:03 pm
      I've a really good feeling he'll get some first team action under his belt during the coming season. I can't wait to see how he fairs in pre season. Got high hopes for him. His vision is top class.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #104: Jul 01, 2009 09:29:10 pm
      yes hope he can make it because the shelf life of good soccer players is short. so the turnover rates are high and goalscorers even shorter.please make it
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #105: Jul 01, 2009 10:41:02 pm
      My fave reserve, this is our answer if our strikers are injured, even better than ngog, and probably on par with nemeth.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #106: Jul 01, 2009 10:49:46 pm
      I hope to see alot more of him and Nemeth working under Rafa. With Torres, Gerrard, Kuyt, Carragher, and Reina all advising them they can only improve.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,150 posts | 3385 
      Reply #107: Jul 01, 2009 11:18:29 pm
      Good little player, but still not ready for the hussle and bussle of Premiership football just yet. Plus finding a place for young Danny in our current set up is gonna need us to change the formation unless he's the one that plays off the lone forward which personally I don't think he's gonna be able to do.

It's a bit like Robbie Keane, forwards who like to drop off are not the same as midfielders who support. And again like Keane, Danny doesn't have the desired skills to play up top on his own. So unless he works on his strength it's gonna be difficult, with this current system, for Pacheco to nail down a place in the first team.

But he has more than enough time to improve and with the skills he already does have, he'll get some first team opportunities in the future although I wouldn't be expecting to many this upcoming season. I think it may be just one year too early.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #108: Jul 01, 2009 11:55:54 pm
      Agree with DLS in parts, that it may be just a year to early for the kid. But at the same time, i think in the event of having a young backup for Torres, id love to see him given a run if needed. From what ive seen he definantly could be a threat, and it could be a good way of increasing his development. Cant wait to see how he progresses this season.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #109: Jul 02, 2009 04:45:26 am
      I haven't watched him play that much.Nonetheless he seems to be quality going by you peoples' comments here but then why doesn't he play for Spain U-21?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #110: Jul 02, 2009 05:22:27 am
      Im not sure what the Spain Under 21 set up is, but i know he has scored a hat-trick for the Spain under-17 so he has some international type experience. He's only still 17 or maybe 18 so may just not have cracked into there yet..
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #111: Jul 02, 2009 05:31:55 am
      Im not sure what the Spain Under 21 set up is, but i know he has scored a hat-trick for the Spain under-17 so he has some international type experience. He's only still 17 or maybe 18 so may just not have cracked into there yet..

He's 18.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #112: Jul 02, 2009 06:04:40 am
      He is a gem I have no doubt he will be massive for us in the very near future.

His biggest problem right now is his size and that he gets pushed off the ball easily, I am sure he will overcome this with training and experience in the first team.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #113: Jul 02, 2009 07:24:25 am
      I'd probably send him on loan to the championship to get some first team experience and next season would be his breakout year.

He needs to get stronger, I think, and he needs first team experience at a club where he can play more regularly.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #114: Jul 02, 2009 09:57:12 pm
      I'd probably send him on loan to the championship to get some first team experience and next season would be his breakout year.

He needs to get stronger, I think, and he needs first team experience at a club where he can play more regularly.

Totally agree with you mate. Loan option will be ideal for him, quality little player that he is the first team experience will do him no harm what so ever and to get a consistent run of games in at a lesser club will only help his confidence and help him grow as a player. Definitely one for the future but as DLS said maybe this season is just one year too early for him.

Quick Reply