Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Daniel Pacheco (Liverpool -> AD Alcorcon)

Read 263416 times
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Re: Daniel Pacheco (Barcelona)
      Reply #23: Jul 06, 2007 08:12:53 am
      I hope he gets a good chance in the first team to prove if he's the real deal. I dont want him dissapearing in to the reserves and never making anything of himself like Palleta, who was supposed to be the next Ayala.
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #24: Jul 06, 2007 10:57:42 am
      In the youth leagues, reserves? Elaborate please!
      in first division youthful
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #25: Jul 06, 2007 12:50:26 pm
      he got a fantastic finish on him, he knows were to put the ball and he is pretty fast!!!
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #26: Jul 06, 2007 01:34:55 pm
      So my point is: You say it's upto the Parents and himself...why leave Barcelona - if your highly regarded there?

I know I'm going on and on and on...but it just doesn't add up?

I thought in Spain you cant sign a pro deal until there 18 (i think so he's gonna be on crap money) but with us if he signs with a English club he can get a proper contract?, also as we have a very good Spanish connection maybe his parents think Rafa and co are the best option for him, At Barca there is alot of outside football stuff goin on so at us at least he can concentrate on the football side of things with us and not worry about whats going to happen with him, Also the fact that as Fabergas did the same thing maybe he think thats how it will work out for him??
      popool
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #27: Jul 07, 2007 01:46:38 am
      richobaz
      if Barca are talking in terms of being "robbed" as has been translated in varying degrees, there is nothing to get. maybe we are getting good at realising potential, and taking advantage of the fact that the premiership is where virtually every player wants to be. Because of our recent history of throwing money down the drain, we all have a case to be cynical, but conversely i don't remeber one quote about any of our signings like Diouff, Cisse et al,having their clubs talking about being robbed, even with their inflated transfer fee. i think it is deafening to here a club moan about us signing a player, because it is a long time since a club took our dough, and we have made a subsequent profit from the dogs we have signed. So even though you are being cynical (which i fully understand), maybe the complaints we are hearing are refreshing, and may mean we have finally woken up.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #28: Jul 07, 2007 12:26:34 pm

Cheers mate  ;)

richobaz
      if Barca are talking in terms of being "robbed" as has been translated in varying degrees, there is nothing to get. maybe we are getting good at realising potential, and taking advantage of the fact that the premiership is where virtually every player wants to be. Because of our recent history of throwing money down the drain, we all have a case to be cynical, but conversely I don't remeber one quote about any of our signings like Diouff, Cisse et al,having their clubs talking about being robbed, even with their inflated transfer fee. I think it is deafening to here a club moan about us signing a player, because it is a long time since a club took our dough, and we have made a subsequent profit from the dogs we have signed. So even though you are being cynical (which I fully understand), maybe the complaints we are hearing are refreshing, and may mean we have finally woken up.

Good post mate! Barca feel robbed, so obviously they had no power to stop the lad leaving! The kid wanted to be elsewhere and that's were he went!

Finally a signal of intent when it comes to youth players. You see Chelsea snapping up all of these 'wonder-kids' before anyone else gets hold of them so hopefully young players from other countries see us as a dominant force in Europe once again! Rather than seeing the wonga on offer with Chelsea!  :)
      I thought in Spain you cant sign a pro deal until there 18 (I think so he's gonna be on crap money) but with us if he signs with a English club he can get a proper contract?, also as we have a very good Spanish connection maybe his parents think Rafa and co are the best option for him, At Barca there is alot of outside football stuff goin on so at us at least he can concentrate on the football side of things with us and not worry about whats going to happen with him, Also the fact that as Fabergas did the same thing maybe he think thats how it will work out for him??

Also, a good post mate! The lad can get his head down over here and play rather than get swung around with the politics involved in those football clubs!

Fabregas is a fine example, and as I said earlier, he may have been heavily advised to go elsewhere as people are making it big over in England!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #29: Jul 07, 2007 01:56:50 pm
      Apparently we've signed this very good 16 yr old Daniel Pacheco from the Barca youth team. Anyone else heard of him? I tried searching on here to see if he had been posted before, but no result.

A few hours before you had kicked this thread off it was published on the site
      http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2007/06/30/boost-for-academy-graduates-and-the-killer-signs/

One for the future no doubt.  A lot of young foreign players have trouble coping with a new language and new way of life.  I'm not too sure if this is a policy Liverpool should be following. Certainly get the best talent across the world but a deal could have been reached whereby the player continues his coaching, or a loan period at another club in their home country until maybe at least 18?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Daniel Pacheco - the Kid from Barca
      Reply #30: Oct 30, 2007 01:06:25 am
      Bit of an update.  Apparently this lad has been something a bit special in the under-18's squad.

Hopefully, just hopefully, we could have unearthed / pinched a real talent here?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #31: Oct 30, 2007 01:23:00 am
      Seen him in the reserves the other night. Didn't have chance to shine as he was only on for the last five minutes or so. I haven't seen anyone cover so much ground as he did though for the time he was on. Lots of natural desire. And for a 16 year old, he's got a lovely touch. I'm really hopeful we have found a true gem...
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #32: Oct 30, 2007 10:23:19 am
      Pacheco will be a star - have no doubt... is strong and hace genuine pace - if he gets a run of games later this season he will terrify defences.

Hope he is settlin down on the personal front - must be difficult for the lad (as I understand from the spanish press that he has gone over on his own).
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #33: Nov 01, 2007 01:26:59 pm
      Yes, now that we have got him on our side for the next 3 years, let's make sure that no one else sneaked in and snatch him from us.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #34: Jul 16, 2008 07:06:25 pm
      He is showing early promise in his career, maybe he should have a few first team games this season!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #35: Jul 16, 2008 08:17:36 pm
      He is showing early promise in his career, maybe he should have a few first team games this season!

Looks a very bright prospect indeed.  Especially with 7 subs next season, I expect to see this lad being handed an opportunity.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #36: Jul 16, 2008 08:24:11 pm
      Looks a very bright prospect indeed.  Especially with 7 subs next season, I expect to see this lad being handed an opportunity.

I hope so, he's shown potential and was one of our best players today, but maybe Nemeth may get the first opportunity. Why doesn't Bruna play? Is he not ready yet?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #37: Jul 16, 2008 08:32:13 pm
      I hope so, he's shown potential and was one of our best players today, but maybe Nemeth may get the first opportunity. Why doesn't Bruna play? Is he not ready yet?

Yeah wouldnt say Bruna is read yet.

Bruna, Nemeth, Insua, Plessis, Pacheco are our future and to me, thats reassuring enough. (I'm sure i'm missing some youngster here)
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #38: Jul 16, 2008 08:59:52 pm
      Yeah wouldnt say Bruna is read yet.

Bruna, Nemeth, Insua, Plessis, Pacheco are our future and to me, thats reassuring enough. (I'm sure I'm missing some youngster here)

San Jose, Huth, Spearing? Think they've all shown great prospect.
      « Last Edit: Jul 16, 2008 09:17:12 pm by paulrobbo »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #39: Jul 16, 2008 09:05:41 pm
      San Jose, Huth, Spearing? Think they've all show great prospect.

Told ya i was missing some ;)
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #40: Jul 16, 2008 10:47:28 pm
      What a great player, such great vision for a youngster and a keen eye for goal. Think he will get a few first team games this season.
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #41: Jul 17, 2008 12:40:56 am
      hes gona be quality striker in a few yrs, he is 17 and looks like he can get in the first team now. a young torres in the making? hope so.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #42: Jul 17, 2008 12:47:21 am
      When I was down at Tranmere on Saturday I thought he is a good player with lots of potential.  But one of my only concerns is that he was going down easy. 

You could pretty much say he was getting a little push but making a meal out of it.  But a few good years in this country, in this League it could change his ways.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #43: Jul 17, 2008 07:32:57 am
      Wonderful ball to set up the goal for Lucas. Thought he had a pretty good game. Just needed a bit of luck going his way in those one on ones he had with there keepers. Could be very promising in a few years time.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #44: Jul 17, 2008 07:51:48 am
      Wonderful ball to set up the goal for Lucas. Thought he had a pretty good game. Just needed a bit of luck going his way in those one on ones he had with there keepers. Could be very promising in a few years time.
      I agree with you.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #45: Jul 17, 2008 07:53:52 am
      Yeah he played some brilliant balls through this morning. Played Voro through twice and of course the Lucas goal. Needed some luck and more composure, tried to be too smart at times but thats expected fro ma 17 year old just starting out.

Here's to seeing more of this lad, he looks to be something special.

Quick Reply