Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Daniel Pacheco (Liverpool -> AD Alcorcon)

Read 263462 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Re: Daniel Pacheco - the Kid from Barca
      Reply #46: Jul 17, 2008 11:21:48 am
      From what I saw yesterday, Pacheco is a highly gifted forward player but he doesn't seem like an out and out striker, more like support striker.

I seriously think, with 7 subs this up and coming season, Rafa should consider putting Pacheco on the bench! Without a doubt, Pacheco will be ready to play first team football at the age of 18 years old. He will be awsome for us !
      Kopology
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Re: Daniel Pacheco - One word awesome
      Reply #47: Jul 19, 2008 10:25:16 am
      I spotted this kid ages ago and will go on record to say watch this space!!

He will be a revelation...
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #48: Jul 20, 2008 12:32:10 pm
      I think people need to slow down for a second, the kid has had a good pre-season, thats all, he's still only 17 so is certainly not the finished product. He has shown potential, but everyone who has signed for liverpool has shown potential and not everyone became successes so I think we need to slow down with the kid and not be calling him a "revelation" as a bove
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #49: Jul 20, 2008 11:40:48 pm

reminds me of owen at 17
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #50: Jul 21, 2008 08:19:28 am
      yeah Owen at 17 was already good, lets hope this kid turns out the same, still young so plenty of time to break into the team
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #51: Jul 21, 2008 09:52:51 am
      ABLETT: PACHECO CAN SHINE UNDER RAFA  http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N160596080721-0900.htm
      Steve Hunter in Switzerland 21 July 2008

Gary Ablett believes rising star Daniel Pacheco will continue to shine under the guidance of Rafael Benitez.
      The 17-year-old Spanish striker arrived from Barcelona last season and enjoyed a superb debut year as he helped the reserves to a unique treble under the command of Ablett.

The reserve team boss, who watched on television as Pacheco set up a goal for Lucas against Lucerne last week, admitted he has been impressed with the way he has handled the step up to first-team level during pre-season.

Ablett believes he is a player with a bright future.

"Dani is a young lad with a lot of potential," Ablett told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"Last season was his first here with us and he more than played his part in what was an exceptional campaign.

"I have always said our main goal is to get players through to Rafa's first-team squad and it is pleasing to see Daniel doing well in the games he has played in pre-season.

"People have to remember, though, that he is only 17 and not to expect too much too soon, but there is no better man than Rafa to help him to achieve what he wants in the game."

I can see in two years that torres will partnering with nemeth or pacheco (fighting for there place).
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #52: Aug 04, 2008 05:34:53 pm
      I think he (Pacheco) should have a few games in the first team this season but not too many. He's only 17 and I think he still needs to grow a few more inches.

Play him in Carling Cup games and maybe put him on the 7 man bench for a few other games. He should still be playing some games in the reserves to keep himself sharp but next season he'll be 18 and a lot of footballers are making it on the big stage at that age so maybe he might be ready by then, if not hopefully before he's 20 which is still very young.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #53: Aug 04, 2008 05:38:32 pm
      He's only 17 and I think he still needs to grow a few more inches.

You're a tough one to please.

Getting back to the football though, and I think this kid does have the potential.  Maybe not as a striker but an attacking midfielder.  I don't need to remind anyone that Steven G isn't getting any younger, and seeing as we have a glut of defensive midfielders I see no reason why maybe this kid couldn't be used to give Stevie G a rest in some of the League Cup games like Ra Ra makes out.

And with 7 subs, I can see him getting some opportunities.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #54: Aug 04, 2008 05:57:54 pm
      I think he will be ready soon, He has a great first touch and fantastic vision. Hoping he gets a few first team chances this season and i hope he is in the squad tomorrow i'd like to see more of him before the season starts.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #55: Aug 04, 2008 07:17:28 pm
      Question for everyone.... Pacheco or Nemeth, not about the future, i mean right now, theres one place on the bench for arguments sake, who do you pick. I at this moment choose Nemeth
      Mr Topsy Turvey
      • Forum David Johnson

• 226 posts |
      Reply #56: Aug 04, 2008 07:24:57 pm
      I would choose Pacheco - he seems to link up better with Torres, well from what I've seen anyways - don't know if anyone would say differently?
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #57: Aug 04, 2008 07:25:19 pm
      Question for everyone.... Pacheco or Nemeth, not about the future, I mean right now, theres one place on the bench for arguments sake, who do you pick. I at this moment choose Nemeth

I'd go with Nemeth. I've just got a feeling about him. I think Pacheco should be around the first team this season though.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #58: Aug 04, 2008 07:33:22 pm
      Question for everyone.... Pacheco or Nemeth, not about the future, I mean right now, theres one place on the bench for arguments sake, who do you pick. I at this moment choose Nemeth

I think i would choose pacheco purely on the fact he is more of a SS/AM than Nemeth who seems more a Torres type player.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #59: Aug 04, 2008 07:41:22 pm
      don't know if i am out of topic here ,but i think N'gog will be the first  sub for El-nino and Robbie
       he  was v.good(IMO) in the 90 mins  (45 mins each in 2 games ),he played for the club
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #60: Aug 04, 2008 07:44:06 pm
      don't know if I am out of topic here ,but I think N'gog will be the first  sub for El-nino and Robbie
       he  was v.good(IMO) in the 90 mins  (45 mins each in 2 games ),he played for the club

;) dont side step the question
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #61: Aug 04, 2008 10:16:13 pm
      I would choose Pacheco - he seems to link up better with Torres, well from what I've seen anyways - don't know if anyone would say differently?
      I agree with you on the this 'cos they are both spanish, in my eye pacheco isn't a striker but the player that always link with the striker (Torres or maybe Keane), what do you call it second striker or attacking midfield ???
      I admire him 'cos he need to show rafa that he can score goals but in the same time he always looking to pass the ball like when he pass the ball to lucas that finished in a goal.

I don't need to remind anyone that Steven G isn't getting any younger, and seeing as we have a glut of defensive midfielders I see no reason why maybe this kid couldn't be used to give Stevie G a rest in some of the League Cup games like Ra Ra makes out.
      But I don't see him to be the next gerrard, I think lucas will take his place 'cos he is much better in attacking than defending.
      « Last Edit: Aug 04, 2008 10:22:14 pm by clint_call01, Reason: spelling mistake lol »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #62: Aug 04, 2008 10:28:18 pm
      i cant see him playing for the 1st team next season unless it is either in the early rounds of the carling cup or fa cup or at the end of the season when our place as winners has been secured. i hope im wrong and he does play quite alot though because from what i have seen in pre-season he is deffo one for the future
      1gaz1
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #63: Aug 05, 2008 01:02:32 pm
      Looks class to me. Certainly one for the future. Perhaps a tad too young for the first team at the moment but he'll get there i think.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #64: Aug 05, 2008 01:54:09 pm
      IMO he looks an amazing talent. He should hopefully be able to get experience this season in the games like Hull and the league cup games.
      DOOLEY
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts | -5 
      Reply #65: Aug 05, 2008 09:13:39 pm
      looks talented enough
      hopeully the new fabregas but up front
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #66: Aug 05, 2008 09:17:54 pm
      looks talented enough
      hopeully the new fabregas but up front

hopefully the new torres!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #67: Aug 06, 2008 12:30:26 am
      From what I've seen of Pacheco, he has amazing vision around the box and I do think that he's got the potential to be a good goal scorer. Yes it's too early for him to play game in game out but he should get a chance to prove himself.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #68: Aug 06, 2008 12:33:24 am
      something i have noticed and im sure the rest of you have aswell, he cant half play a cracking through ball. quite a few time during pre season when he has played he has been around the box and played some smee through balls. in saying that i do think he should be a bit more selfish at times because there has been occassions whhen he has passed instead of shoot but he is still very young and that will come as he develops.

Quick Reply